Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2006, 10:15 AM
San Diego Chargers

Default Chargers TV, radio coverage expands again

The San Diego Chargers television lineup in 2006 features a move to prime-time as the Bolts will be the focus of NBC 7/39’s Football Night in San Diego every Sunday night beginning Sept. 10 following NBC’s production of Sunday Night Football.

NBC 7/39 sports anchors Jim Laslavic and Jim Stone will host Football Night in San Diego. The show will feature extensive Chargers highlights, player interviews and a recap of that day’s game, as well as several interactive elements in which viewers can participate.

The Chargers will continue to have two additional shows on local television. Chargers Power Report begins its fourth season on XETV (FOX 6). The Power Report will air on Saturday nights at 10:30 pm and will be hosted by Fox 6 Sports Director C.S. Keys and former Chargers linebacker Billy Ray Smith. Fox 6’s Dionne Miller also will host a series of one-on-one interviews.

Billy Ray Smith also returns as the host of the Chargers Preview show on Channel 4 San Diego. The show runs every Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. on Channel 4 with re-airs during the weekend. Fans can check local listings for the dates and times the show will re-air.

The Bolts’ preseason television coverage has increased as well with a total of six stations signed up to carry the preseason slate. KFMB-TV (Channel 8) in San Diego will serve as the primary carrier of Chargers preseason football. Ron Pitts will call the play-by-play and Billy Ray Smith will handle the color commentary. The Chargers preseason games also will be carried in Spanish on local television for the second consecutive season on Mi San Diego (Channel 43) with Adrian Garcia, calling the play-by-play and Benny Ricardo, providing the analysis.

Joining KFMB and Mi San Diego in the broadcast of the preseason games are KCBS-TV (Channel 2) in Los Angeles and Orange County; KMIR-TV (Channel 6) in Palm Springs; KYMA (Channel 11) in the Imperial Valley and Yuma, Arizona, and KVBC (Channel 3) in Las Vegas. All of these stations will feature live coverage of the team’s Sept. 1 preseason game at San Francisco. Home games against Green Bay on Aug. 12 and Seattle on Aug. 26 will be subject to local blackout rules. KVBC however is outside of the NFL’s 75-mile radius and is not subject to local blackout rules. The team’s Aug. 18 game at Chicago will be broadcast on national TV by CBS.

The NFL Network will also telecast the Chargers preseason games against Green Bay, Seattle and San Francisco. The Green Bay game will be shown tape-delayed at 12 noon on Monday, Aug. 14. The Seattle and San Francisco games will both be shown live, however they will be blacked out in San Diego and surrounding areas.

On radio, all Chargers games will be broadcast on the team’s flagship station, Rock 105.3 FM, with Josh Lewin returning as the voice of the Chargers and Hank Bauer as the color commentator. New to the broadcast team in 2006 is Laslavic, who will report from the sidelines during all Chargers home games. The Chargers’ partnership with Rock 105.3 also includes programming and promotional relationships with all seven Clear Channel stations in San Diego.

All Chargers games will continue to be heard in Spanish with Jorge Villanueva and Efren Dominguez calling the action on XEXX 1420 AM.

Fans outside of San Diego can tune in and listen to every game on the Chargers Radio Network, which includes KMPC 1540 AM “The Ticket” in Los Angeles and Orange County; KTMQ 103.3 FM in San Bernardino, Temecula and Riverside; KXPS 1010 AM in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio and the Coachella Valley; KXO 1230 AM in the Imperial Valley and Yuma, Arizona; KSPA 1510 AM in Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga and the Inland Empire; KWDJ 1360 AM in Ridgecrest; KGEO 1230 AM in Bakersfield; KSHP 1400 AM in Las Vegas, Nevada and Sirius Satellite Radio.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Believes it!

That's great to see that the Chargers will be getting play in LA, Palm Springs and LV. Now, we just have to keep them in San Diego and maybe we can create a bigger fan-base!

17 + 85 = 102% Domination
Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 AM
<---------- the new #33

will any of you people in san diego be able to put these 'football night in san diego' shows online after they air? i'd appreciate it since i'm no longer in san diego, and i'm sure other remote charger fans would appreciate it as well

Old 07-25-2006, 11:01 AM
LT's Father

This year will be interesting since it will be the first time I've seen the Chargers from a San Deigo perspective rather than a Central Coast perspective. I have to trade Raider broadcasts on CBS for potential blackouts. That means I better find a Charger sports bar with Sunday Ticket the second I get down there.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:07 AM
San Diego Super Chargers!

I remember reading USA Today last Friday and that many of the Chargers' regular season games will be the featured national game.

Example: Week 17 vs Arizona on FOX will be shown nationwide.

Is there a full list somewhere?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbolt
Fans outside of San Diego can tune in and listen to every game on .... Sirius Satellite Radio.
I love my Sirius !!!

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock
I love my Sirius !!!
You and me both!

http://twitter.com/ed_moscoso
Old 07-25-2006, 11:19 AM
<---------- the new #33

yeah, sirius is GREAT for hearing all the games live

Old 07-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Hall of Famer

no gill byrd?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:19 PM
SD_pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock
I love my Sirius !!!
yeah gotta love that we get ALL of the games live.