Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2006, 11:55 AM
jamesbond

Default Jamaica Rector, wide receiver

Second year player Jamaica Rector was one of the best players in the final preseason games for Dallas.
Parcells said he's as quick as Terry Glenn, and the strongest player(pound for pound) on the Cowboys. He can catch.
We should sign him from the Cowboys practice squad, NOW!
Old 12-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Masta Mason

Why hasn't anyone picked him up yet then?
Old 12-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Sanitation Man

You're right, we should've signed him yesterday - from the Cowboys PC! Is that the reason he has had absolutley NO CATCHES this season? If you're looking for someone with similar size, we happened to have a guy named Eric Parker, who happens to be one of the games most clutch receivers.

Here are the incredible stats for Mr. Rector:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/541357
Old 12-25-2006, 05:15 PM
jamesbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaflan
Why hasn't anyone picked him up yet then?
Other teams may have fewer needs at WR.
With Parker's neck injury, McCardell getting front teeth implants, and Osgood apparently unable to get separation, our WR threat is Jackson.
I've seen Camarillo's name on the roster, but never have seen him play.
(And, I'm not forgetting Ricky Bryant, on our practice squad).
Does anyone else think we have a problem at WR, or are you all in denial?
Old 12-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Hall of Famer

It may sound like a long shot, but I saw a very cool show about Rocket Ismail on Fox sports net. He still runs a sub 4.2 40 and really wants another shot at the NFL. He's 36 (same age as Kmac).

Sure the Rocket is no ones long term answer, but if we keep all our current receivers, and add the Rocket, we'd have a pretty nasty group of playmakers. (VJ, EP, Kmac, MF, Az Hakim, Rocket) Not too shabby. And unlike KRob, Rocket is the picture of class and would fit perfectly in our locker room.

Plus we'd have to use 0 first day draft picks on the WR postion, and could address OL, SS, ILB, DL all on day one. (assuming we get a second 3rd round pick for Brees) The great get greater.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:26 PM
jamesbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packhorse
It may sound like a long shot, but I saw a very cool show about Rocket Ismail on Fox sports net. He still runs a sub 4.2 40 and really wants another shot at the NFL. He's 36 (same age as Kmac).

Sure the Rocket is no ones long term answer, but if we keep all our current receivers, and add the Rocket, we'd have a pretty nasty group of playmakers. (VJ, EP, Kmac, MF, Az Hakim, Rocket) Not too shabby. And unlike KRob, Rocket is the picture of class and would fit perfectly in our locker room.

Plus we'd have to use 0 first day draft picks on the WR postion, and could address OL, SS, ILB, DL all on day one. (assuming we get a second 3rd round pick for Brees) The great get greater.
Malcolm Floyd is on IR, and out for this year.
Maybe the Rocket could help.
Maybe Hakim could help.
Jamaica Rector also is free, with no cost in draft choices.
The bigger issue is if he could learn enough plays in time.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:27 PM
benji929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Other teams may have fewer needs at WR.
With Parker's neck injury, McCardell getting front teeth implants, and Osgood apparently unable to get separation, our WR threat is Jackson.
I've seen Camarillo's name on the roster, but never have seen him play.
(And, I'm not forgetting Ricky Bryant, on our practice squad).
Does anyone else think we have a problem at WR, or are you all in denial?
And if we do have a problem at WR, the solution is to pick up some WR from the Dallas practice squad? Really?
Old 12-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Malcolm Floyd is on IR, and out for this year.
Maybe the Rocket could help.
Maybe Hakim could help.
Jamaica Rector also is free, with no cost in draft choices.
The bigger issue is if he could learn enough plays in time.
JB, I was talking about the Rocket for next year, I'm totally with you on this Jamaica dude, though I don't know that a player acquired now would have any impact assuming we get everyone healthy by Jan 14th. Our best bet is a healthy EP lined up with a healthy Kmac and VJ.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Empyre03

I say before we let panic mode set in remember that we've got that 1st round bye to heal up both Parker & KMac. We still have Az Hakim who has been in the playoffs several times before and may still be able to contribute some big plays. We still also have VJ, Gates, and Manumaleuna. Not to mention we have a halfback that can catch out of the backfield, too. Let's remember the weapons we have before we consider picking up an unproven talent.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:46 PM
5 Digits

Default For the sake of conversation..

What about trading for Mike Williams in Detroit? I'm sure we could swing him for a 2nd or 3rd.

A new home with a winning program would do him good.