Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > NFL Playoffs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugesunglasses
we don't know that feeling jerkofff..............
of course you do...you guys had those old horrid "patriot" uni's for how many years before making a switch. damn pats trolls.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:34 PM
werkshop

HOw about 4th and 11 to go...do we kick a field goal or let our QB get sacked? Boooo for foul play calling Chargers where the best team in the NFL....period. They beat themselves as they always do. Don't blame it on Matry...he didn't have the headset on.....
Old 01-14-2007, 10:40 PM
puertoricanrobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by werkshop
HOw about 4th and 11 to go...do we kick a field goal or let our QB get sacked? Boooo for foul play calling Chargers where the best team in the NFL....period. They beat themselves as they always do. Don't blame it on Matry...he didn't have the headset on.....
Until the second half, then they magically appeared on his head.

I say we keep Marty around one more season, and when we get to the playoffs, he NOT be allowed in the stadium, or at least at the sideline.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Veteran

Sitting back and thinking about this season i totally didnt expect us to be in the postion we were in this year. 14-2, a bye and home field for the playoffs was a dream. If you ask me, we are way ahead of schedule as we had a qb who was starting for the first time in his career this season.....more or less a rookie. I know alot of you, as did i, expected a 9-7, maybe 10-6 at best type of season and a wildcard birth if all went well. We far exceeded most expectations and had a great, record breaking, memorable season. I dont know about the rest of you, but after settling down and somewhat coming out of my post game depression, i realize the chargers have alot to look forward to in the future and it excites me. There is a young core of very talented guys on this team that will be around for a long time yet. AJ has us on the right track and has built this team into a legit contender for the super bowl for many years to come. Once he adds the missing pieces to the puzzle, we'll have our own dynasty.....just wait and see, i truly believe this with all the talent assembled on this team. I grudgenly congratulate the Patriots on the win, even though i dont feel like you deserved to win. I also have to say that 4 in 6 will not happen, mark my words. Every year the Colts have been the team to beat, no doubt they were gonna win, but ended up choking. This year nobody expects them to win, there is this and that wrong with them, but watch what happens. It used to happen to Green Bay, never being able to get by Dallas....streaks and dynasties are meant to be broken, everything comes to an end.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:50 PM
puertoricanrobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla_electric
I wonder if LT will begin considering moving to a team that knows what the hell it is doing? He could go anywhere, and I imagine teams like the Pats and Steelers would love him! This team looked completely inept, and no amount of words can truly describe the total failure by our secondary and WR's. E. Parker, M. Mcree, and Shotty need to be let go.
LT is ours until 2011, not to mention that he has already stated and staked it on his reputation that he has every intention of trying to retire with the Chargers. He wants to be an old school franchise kind of player. Like Jerry Rice or something.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanrobb
LT is ours until 2011, not to mention that he has already stated and staked it on his reputation that he has every intention of trying to retire with the Chargers. He wants to be an old school franchise kind of player. Like Jerry Rice or something.
Yeah LTs like that! Hes waaay cool Haha I love that sig "bring the chargers to oside". With all the new developement it wouldnt be completely out of the question right? I would love to see that growing up in oside and all...north countys got alotta love for the bolts! I guarantee it will be some die-hard marine bolt fan that will tackle some guy on the streets wearing a brady jersey...hehehe...I wish I could be the first but theres only raiders fans up here in the IE...and whats the point of that...it would just be cruel!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSUPhil
Cameron should be made San Diego's Head Coach tomorrow! Marty is 5 -13 in the playoffs, and that just doesn't cut it. Period.

Thank you Chargers for an exciting season. LT ~ MVP
No he shouldn't. It was his stupid idea to go for it on 4th and 11.

Time to fire Marty and get a fresh start.

We'll be back!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:34 AM
jadeyknoxville

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLTZ55
guys blaming McCree and Kaeding is unfair. McCree shored up a rather porous secondary and 54 yards with extreme preasure is tough. I still cant get over the 4th and 11 from the 30 and they gamble when the score is still 0-0 what a brain cramp. Plain and simple Belichek and Brady are the real deal and experience won out over talent. To bad Marty is going to pay for this by losing his job.Did not see the Post game but LT is one of the classiest guys in football today and the disappointment of losing and having guys dance on your logo must have just pushed him to far.

i agree. i don't think mccree did anything bad. he made a play and tried to capitalize on it. troy brown just happened to capitalize on mccree's play.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:08 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeyknoxville
i agree. i don't think mccree did anything bad. he made a play and tried to capitalize on it. troy brown just happened to capitalize on mccree's play.
McCree made a play, Troy Brown made another. The interception could have saved the game if he hadn't been stripped.

Two plays did it for me:
1. D-Flo's untimely loss of his senses
2. Marty's challenge that cost us a time-out. We've seen this before, folks.

It also sucked that Jammer let Ricochet get behind him like that.

I'm sick over this loss. We beat ourselves, plain & simple.

Thanks, Bolts, for a great regular season. Can't wait for next year!!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Bolts Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power_Outage
your team played hard and had their opportunities for sure. But I think experience did pay off and the mental toughness that the experience has broughth...having smarter players that don't take stupid penalties at critical moments helps also.
The made many similar mistakes throughout the year and there were many games that they could have lost but found a way to win. Unfortunately their inability to overcome the massive amount of both mental and physical mistakes were just too many this time. Missed interception opportunities, WR's dropping balls that were well thrown, devastating mental mistakes at critical times. BTW PR played well enough for the team to win, they truly had better players on the field but didn't prove that by their play. A sad waste of a great regular season