Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > NFL Playoffs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
sdino11234

Default I love it

all weeks i've been on this board listening to uninformed Chargers fans tell us Pats fan how playoff experience means nothing. And Rivers was going to put up huge numbers. And the Roid monster was going to run all over the Pats, what did he have? 2 tackels and 1 sack. OOH, he's a real monster. Oh wait, have I forgotten all the talk about the WR's of SD, how they were going to beat the pats all game. And how NE's WR's couldn't do anything. How about Gaffney with over 100 yards and Caldwell, (who you guys laughed because he wasn't kept by SD, amazing what happens when the best QB in football is throwing to you.) he has 70 yeards and a TD. Face it, you guys had more talent but you were outclassed. Oh and Marty still screwed up, why did he challenge that fumble after the INT. I was impressed by Rivers though, good composure, nice arm. But he's not Brady, you can keep the Pro Bowls, we'll take the Super Bowl rings.
boltfancy

The Chargers did not deserve to win this game. L.T. got the touchdowns to win the game and Brady helped with 3 INT's. Florence should be cut his idiot mistakes cost the Chargers the game. Parker what the hell was you thinkin tryin to get up and run. You all did everything you could possible do to lose this game and Coach Marty Shottenheimer will more than likely get canned. Where was the timeouts needed to give Keading a chance to force OVERTIME. Sorry for the idiot mistakes the Chargers defense blew this game and let MVP L.T. go down in shame!
I hope the Colt's enjoy this gift this new year and let Payton Manning win the AFC Championship @ Home.
PantsB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiller
This team is the NFL equivalent of the Seattle Mariners team that won 116 games and didn't even reach the World Series.
If it makes you feel a little better, the Pats knocked a 15 win team out two years ago.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Bolts Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltfancy
The Chargers did not deserve to win this game. L.T. got the touchdowns to win the game and Brady helped with 3 INT's. Florence should be cut his idiot mistakes cost the Chargers the game. Parker what the hell was you thinkin tryin to get up and run. You all did everything you could possible do to lose this game and Coach Marty Shottenheimer will more than likely get canned. Where was the timeouts needed to give Keading a chance to force OVERTIME. Sorry for the idiot mistakes the Chargers defense blew this game and let MVP L.T. go down in shame!
I hope the Colt's enjoy this gift this new year and let Payton Manning win the AFC Championship @ Home.
Not much to disagree with in that post
Old 01-14-2007, 05:47 PM
moejr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFerg60
We did everything possible to lose this game, complete and total failure by a team that played with their heads up their collective backside. Marty will probably lose his job over this and since it's obvious his team didn't prepare well enough to win that's just the reaility. Our inability to keep it together in pressure situations and a total loss of composure lead to the embarassment that the Bolts demonstrated to a national audience.
As a Pats fan both teams made mistakes. I can honestly say it was a well fought game but don't blame your players.Blame your coach for wasting timeouts.

Good Game Guys. You have loads of talent and will be back.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
RodneyIsKing

Apart from the 4th and 11 thing, which really was weird.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
MilitiaMen

Look, there are plenty of individual faults, but we weren't prepared. the 4th and 11, parker dropping passes, parker and a fumbled punt return, Mcrees interception that was fumbled, the unneccessary roughness penalty....but you can't solely place it on one of them. ESPECIALLY KAEDING. 54 yards is no chipshot, whether you are a hall of famer, pro bowler or anyone.

This game was brady being brady. And the chargers making mistake after mistake.

All I have to say. Big Ben 15-1 Lost in playoffs first season, second season won super bowl.

Rivers 14-2 Lost in playoffs first season, and we will have to wait until next year.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Veteran

First off its been a great season, very exciting for me to watch my favorite team have such a successful year. For those of you blaming Marty for this loss, get a grip. This team is a few players away obviously from taking the next step towards the super bowl. This to me falls upon AJ and his failure to get reliable WRs on the team. You cannot expect to win the super bowl with WRs who would not start on any other team in the NFL. How many dropped passes stopped drives today....alot. Eric Parker is not the answer, he's a good 3rd or 4th guy, but 1 or 2 no. VJ is at best a no. 2 wr, i am impressed with him in how much he has improved from last year, but he's not the answer either. This loss kills me just as much if not more than most of you, i couldnt even finish eating my supper i was so upset. All game i could see it coming. All the possessions that started in or near the Patriots side of the field and to only come out with 21 points just shows that something was lacking. Whenever a big play needed to be made, it was there, the wr making the catch just dropped the ball. There was a number of negatives about this game and unlucky bounces, but what ive talked about was the most glaring problem we had. For LT's sake, i hope to gawd they address the wr position and get someone in san diego who can catch the ball at that position....i dont want to see someone like him retire without a super bowl ring.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Rookie

I don't blame Kaeding either. We shouldn't have had to need a 54-yarder to tie the game.

And I don't blame LT for being upset, he was one of the only Chargers who actually tried to win.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Hall of Famer

what was the biggest error today I think MCcree not batting ball down.