Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
San Diego's Tom Joad

Default Michael Turner Trade Speculation Thread

I liked Meachem before, but this article solidifies it. This kid could be the final piece in our relentless offense.

This is the exactly the kind of player AJ loves to draft too. I want to take Griffin too, so I hope we can trade turner, and our compensatory pick from Brees for a low first round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...t&lid=tab2pos1

If we had two first round picks we could draft well then pick up another RB in the 2nd round.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
parker88fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepRivers06
I liked Meachem before, but this article solidifies it. This kid could be the final piece in our relentless offense.

This is the exactly the kind of player AJ loves to draft too. I want to take Griffin too, so I hope we can trade turner, and our compensatory pick from Brees for a low first round pick.

If we had two first round picks we could draft well then pick up another RB in the 2nd round.

A RB in the 5th not 2nd!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
LB? No. Force of Nature

With the demand on recievers he might be gone sooner than we think. It was a good article though (what I read of it --read early stuff then football stuff at the end). I like where he said "Cowboys don't see race" --it was so cool to see someone take the focus off of race in this day and age for once.

I too would love to see him on the team, he's my "front runner" of reachable WRs (because of course who wouldn't want CJ if they could snag him) but I'd still rather address S first and get WR later (Mike Walker?) if we didn't have any other first round picks. I won't care if AJ takes him (and not a S) first though. Like I said, the kid looks great (and hell, AJ could find a sleeper S)

Member of the Jammer Anti-Defamation League 23
Member of the OFFICIAL Mike Scifres Fan Club (thread)
Old 03-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepRivers06

you can't trade compensatory picks. what if Meachem falls to us at #30?
its a possibility.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:14 PM
MUNG

I agree. Get something for him while we can. AJ can find another RB in the 3rd-5th.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:16 PM
parker88fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUNG
I agree. Get something for him while we can. AJ can find another RB in the 3rd-5th.

I think that still would be dumb. A 3rd! maybe 4th
Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
San Diego's Tom Joad

Getting him at 30 doesn't look so realistic now. Besides, even after this article, I still think we need a S more than WR.

I think the Titans could get him before we do though too. They just ran really thin in the receiver dept.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:20 PM
LB? No. Force of Nature

Yeah, I see Titans taking him on most mocks.

Member of the Jammer Anti-Defamation League 23
Member of the OFFICIAL Mike Scifres Fan Club (thread)
Old 03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
<---------- the new #33

yeah , get another 1st , draft meachem, griffin and brian leonard with the first 3 picks, and it's party time.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Meachem and Rice are two WR's we are real high on. We met them both at the combine and Norv said that he was really impressed with one of them and thinks he could really turn them into a real star.

Was It Meachem or Rice he was talking about? I hope we get one of these guys.
Closed Thread