Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Veteran

I dont see why everyone said Huff did bad, the raiders defense was one of the best in the league, hes a rookie also, i dont expect him to be a game changer already, and just because he doesnt have any interceptions doesnt mean he sucks.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrememaster
I dont see why everyone said Huff did bad, the raiders defense was one of the best in the league, hes a rookie also, i dont expect him to be a game changer already, and just because he doesnt have any interceptions doesnt mean he sucks.
The Raiders defensive numbers are a bit misleading in my opinion. With other teams ability to run on the Raiders, and the Raiders inability to score, other teams are better off winning a game with ball control. It'll be interesting to see how good the Raiders D is if their offense produced.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweezy
The Raiders defensive numbers are a bit misleading in my opinion. With other teams ability to run on the Raiders, and the Raiders inability to score, other teams are better off winning a game with ball control. It'll be interesting to see how good the Raiders D is if their offense produced.
Normally I would agree with you. But the Raiders defense by the end of the season was playing well. That offense was so historically bad that it hurt the defense. They turned the ball over too much giving offenses short fields and went 3 and out on so many drives that the defense was on the field forever. I think any kind of offense will help that defense.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 AM
"From The Beginning"

Default "Wading" in on the Turner Conspiracy...

The team that Turner totes the rock for in '07 won't be determined until Cleveland's #3 pick...

IF the Browns do select Adrian "All Day" Petersen:
1) Buffalo could offer #12 and #74 for MT and #62 (no way AJ gives up #30) or...
2) Buffalo reaches for Marshawn Lynch at #12 and Green Bay (desperate for an elite RB and out of draft options) offers #16 straight up for MT.

IF the Browns don't select "AD" and he falls to the Bills, with Lynch going to the Pack, then our last opportunity to get a 1st for MT could be Dallas... WHAT?
Think about it, the Cowboys are trying to trade Julius Jones and if Wade isn't sold on Marion Barber as their every down back, he at least knows what the Burner can do. Wade could convince Jerry to pony up the 22nd pick for MT (Ironic huh? MT fills in for #22-The Great Emmit Smith)

So, unless there's another "Shooter on the Grassy Knoll", these 3 teams represent our most likely options to get a 1st round pick for MT...and it all starts with Cleveland!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colsrob
BTW, Stanley Richard was a pretty good player. The best we have had since, was Rodney Harrison.
Harrison followed Richard and was 1000x better. In fact if Harrison had started in the SB (even though it was his rookie year) I think the Chargers would have made a much better showing. McCree is better than Richard too.

pao

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-16-2007, 11:19 AM
2 year starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepRivers06
I liked Meachem before, but this article solidifies it. This kid could be the final piece in our relentless offense.

This is the exactly the kind of player AJ loves to draft too. I want to take Griffin too, so I hope we can trade turner, and our compensatory pick from Brees for a low first round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...t&lid=tab2pos1

If we had two first round picks we could draft well then pick up another RB in the 2nd round.

The offense is fine, our defense stinks. We need to upgrade the defense.

"We're the football team. We decide who gets a contract, how much they get and for how long. The market means nothing to me. What the Chargers do means everything." -- AJ Smith
Old 03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Waylon138

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsweetin
I wouldn't say that our defense stinks...I would say that there is definitley room for improvement in our DB corps....but all in all I think that we have a very solid D.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweezy
The Chargers had trouble throwing the ball against the Raiders. The WRs had trouble getting seperation IIRC.

pao

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao
The Chargers had trouble throwing the ball against the Raiders. The WRs had trouble getting seperation IIRC.

pao
That's a fact. Rivers looked horrible and our below average WR's could get no seperation against the Raiders pro Bowl quality corners.

We need a major upgrade in the WR core. When our WR's were dinged up last year is when Rivers really struggled.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsweetin
WHAT could not be further from the truth this defense was dominant and with 1 more year for Jammer and an upgrade at safety this team rolls to the superbowl.
Closed Thread