Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBOLTFAN View Post
You will never see a truely authentic jersey for $50.

I bought a so called authentic white Merriman jersey off ebay for around $50(shipping included) and I can clearly see it's not really authentic when comparing it to my actual authentic L.T. jersey.The numbers are a different shade of blue,but it's still very close to the real thing and well worth $50 instead of getting reamed for $250 for a true authentic.
I've said it before but the companies that make the jerseys overseas sometimes keep extra material. They then make more jerseys and sell them. I met a guy in prison who sold throwbacks (the mitchell & ness ones) for 70 bucks all day. He was Korean and thats where he got them from. So in this case they are totally real. FYI
Old 06-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Default Nah -- don't believe that stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDin07 View Post
I've said it before but the companies that make the jerseys overseas sometimes keep extra material. They then make more jerseys and sell them. I met a guy in prison who sold throwbacks (the mitchell & ness ones) for 70 bucks all day. He was Korean and thats where he got them from. So in this case they are totally real. FYI
...in the case of Reebok. The fakes aren't made the same and the materials are not the same or the same colors/hues. I have yet to see a fake that was dead on with the real thing. If the people were really involved directly with the manufacturing, I can't see how they would miss on anything, and they miss on a lot. The people selling fakes have tried to convince me on many occasions of what you just argued -- it's not because it's true, it's because they are liars and they want you to believe it is true so you feel better about your fakes. They educate themselves about some of the manufacturing facts (ie, where Reebok makes them), how much they cost to make, how much retailers get them for, etc, then act confidently to argue with you about it. They will also tell you they are closeouts or so mildly flawed nobody could tell the different. All hogwash. Honestly, why would one trust a story like this from a dishonest person?

Mitchell and Ness on the other hand, I don't know...could be a different story. Although, according to their profile on eBAY, you should be able to tell the difference from a real and fake, too.

On Reebok, the jersey materials on fakes are different (larger holes), the spandex is not the same, the "grain" of the material and the weight are different. They do not use the same sewing styles and threads. The patterns are different. I mean, if you've got all the same materials and you make the things, you can't honestly believe they are going to be that different. Sure, to the untrained eye, they look nearly perfect...but there again, why trust the untrained eye when arguing the accuracy of these fakes. Still not gonna argue the fakes aren't a great value, but..........

As for NEVER finding a true authentic for $50 -- never does not exist, but yeah, pretty much, never. Only a few personal items sold or some oversized traded player jerseys will slip by at a low cost. I've seen Brees size 56, for example, sell for under $50. Still, not a common thing by any means, but here is one example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300100561745

Under $100, I have several more examples -- two Gates jerseys sold for under $85 (a size 52 and 54) about a month back. FRSVegas is letting Authentics go for $99 (just submit an offer -- I assume he will accept yours, too ) Brees jerseys, as mentioned above. So, if you look around and take it with patience, you CAN find something worthy of your torso that is genuine, and not counterfeit.

Right now, you can pick up an AUTHENTIC (from last year) for about $99, or spend $100 for two fakes. I know where I'd put my money, especially knowing that with fakes, you never know if what you get is what is pictured or not. Or pick up one of these EQT's (last years) for $34.99 like so many people have said. They (EQT) fit better than any authentic or fake anyway.

Last edited by thumper300zx; 06-10-2007 at 11:23 AM..
Old 06-09-2007, 07:16 AM
MUNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDin07 View Post
I met a guy in prison
......nuff said.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Go Charrrrrrrgers!

Fake Boobs n Jerseys, oh yeah................

sorry no pics............
Old 06-12-2007, 11:46 AM
LFondlesumone21

i saw a kid with a fake LT jersey... i wanted to make fun of him but hes lucky his sister was super fine
Old 06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
ace1stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Who would pay that? You're paying this guy the fee for the jersey, plus twenty five dollars for him to order off of Chargers.com when it gets released in April.
shows how smart they are, i would do just like any other person in the hood would do, wait for it to be in footlocker and then buy it, i`ll have mine by the 3rd or 4th game of the season.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:32 PM
realpinoy1

hey i just bought lights out's jersey for $60. i like the knock offs better than the Chargers store or online store. The ink of the name and number begin to peel off when washed several times so that's why i like the stiched ones(knock offs). Besides theirs nothing wrong with sporting a real or fake jersey, as long as we're showing our bolt pride.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:45 PM
ActionJackson

Dear ALL,

The majority of "Authentic" jerseys on ebay are chinese bootlegs. HOWEVER, I bought one that was 100% stiched and identical to the ones sold by reebok. The only difference was the maker (unlicensed chinese factory) and the price ($45 vs. $250). BUT watch out because different Asian manufacturers produce different variations in quality and correct identity. I am really happy with mine, I held it up to an authentic in the store and couldn't tell the difference. If I spill beer or nacho sauce on it I won't cry.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:03 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Dear ALL,

The majority of "Authentic" jerseys on ebay are chinese bootlegs. HOWEVER, I bought one that was 100% stiched and identical to the ones sold by reebok. The only difference was the maker (unlicensed chinese factory) and the price ($45 vs. $250). BUT watch out because different Asian manufacturers produce different variations in quality and correct identity. I am really happy with mine, I held it up to an authentic in the store and couldn't tell the difference. If I spill beer or nacho sauce on it I won't cry.
Can you post a photo if it?

I bet we can spot some differences.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Default He he -- as BUNDY said...

post pics and the criticism will fly -- of course, it will help if you get close-ups. Without fail, every fan that thinks their fake looks real and then goes to school on it will find out the differences.

I'll bet I can point out 15 things right now about your jersey without even seeing it.

1) Does not use clear thread to attach NFL shield at neckline
2) Cloth under Bolt does not curve into chest area as it should.........

...should I keep going....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Dear ALL,

Last edited by thumper300zx; 06-13-2007 at 12:31 PM..