Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Boo first. Think later.

I have yet to hear anyone say you aren't a fan if you don't spend money. It's not part of anybody's argument. You guys continue to read what's not even there.

I would argue, on the contrary, that you don't even have to spend a dime to be a Chargers fan. Never once told someone they had to buy a Reebok jersey. Never will.

Last edited by thumper300zx; 09-12-2007 at 01:14 PM..
Old 09-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Default It's the irony...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick View Post
No one is saying that you aren't supporting the Chargers. I am sure that you are a big fan. I am saying that you look like a kook who is trying to look like you have an authentic Reebok item. You want the prestige of wearing authentic gear without having to pay for it.

Why don't you just take off all of the fake Reebok labels? Will that make you less (or more) of a fan?

If 90% of the jerseys are recognizable as fake Reeboks, doesn't that make you look even more foolish by having the obviously fake labels on the gear?
...of saying the real thing is too expensive and people are idiots for dropping $300, but still wanting to have "that look". I agree -- if the look doesn't matter, unstitch the labels. But indeed it is the look. And you get the prestige cheap if you don't get the real thing. No real thing needed to be a fan.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper300zx View Post
I have yet to hear anyone say you aren't a fan if you don't spend money. It's not part of anybody's argument. You guys continue to read what's not even there.

I would argue, on the contrary, that you don't even have to spend a dime to be a Chargers fan. Never once told someone they had to buy a Reebok jersey. Never will.

I know you get it bro, others don't. Others want to try to make you look bad for buying s knock off rather than spending $300 for a jersey. I live in Vegas, travel for every game and would rather spend $300 on a cool party weekend with my wife
Old 09-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Coconut Boy

Thumper is right. You don't have to spend a cent to be a Chargers fan. Having a jersey to sport the image and to show support for the Bolts is entirely voluntary. Some people choose to spend $250 to sport the image and show support and some choose to spend $45. Just because someone chooses to only spend $45 doesn't make them a "kook". Some choose to spend their $45 on a screen-printed replica, some prefer an Ebay knock-off for $45. Are the people that buy the screen-printed replicas "kooks" because their jerseys don't look exactly like the "authentics"? Whatever you decide to spend and whatever jersey you buy doesn't determine if you are a "real" fan or a "kook".

I have an authentic powder blue (last year's uni) and 4 2007 knock-offs from Ebay (Authentic Station). I think all of them look good. Granted, the authentic is clearly a higher quality product and looks superior to the knock-offs, but I still wear the knock-offs with pride. Bottom line is I'm a Chargers fan no matter what I wear or what it costs.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_one_9 View Post
I know you get it bro, others don't. Others want to try to make you look bad for buying s knock off rather than spending $300 for a jersey. I live in Vegas, travel for every game and would rather spend $300 on a cool party weekend with my wife
I don't care if anyone buys a $300 jersey. I wouldn't buy one myself.

Just stop pretending that you are sporting a $300 jersey when it is obvious to everyone that it isn't.

You are buying the label but not willing to pay for the label.

If that is not true, prove me wrong. Remove the fake Reebok tags.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick View Post
I don't care if anyone buys a $300 jersey. I wouldn't buy one myself.

Just stop pretending that you are sporting a $300 jersey when it is obvious to everyone that it isn't.

You are buying the label but not willing to pay for the label.

If that is not true, prove me wrong. Remove the fake Reebok tags.
Ummm, I am not buying a label but am not willing to pay for the label. I wouldn't care if the label said NIKE on it, or LEVIS for that matter. I am sporting a jersey because I like to wear jerseys to the game, period. You have mistaken me for a 16 year old teenage girl that is a label *****....not me. And another thing, how am I "pretending" to sport a $300 jersey when I have said MANY times I have knock offs?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Ryanthehatch

I had an absolutely terrible experience with the last seller I bought from ebay. I purchased an Antonio Gates jersey and waited several weeks, only to discover the seller never had it in the first place.

Browsing through this thread, I must say I am very impressed with the quality of Authentic Station's jerseys. Seeing as he is no longer an Ebay seller, can anyone send me his contact information and does anyone know if he's still selling them?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
1chargerfan

I have a few jerseys left if intersetes in Powder Blue new style in Phillips and Cromartie. $60 each includes domestic shipping. Email me at spd423@yahoo.com

Old 09-12-2007, 11:04 PM
China Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chargerfan View Post
I have a few jerseys left if intersetes in Powder Blue new style in Phillips and Cromartie. $60 each includes domestic shipping. Email me at spd423@yahoo.com

Wow, now you are using the Forum to market and distribute illegal counterfeit merchandise.

Nice. I hope the FBI and the IRS are asleep.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:10 AM
SD_mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Bolt Fan View Post
Wow, now you are using the Forum to market and distribute illegal counterfeit merchandise.

Nice. I hope the FBI and the IRS are asleep.
HURRY call the FBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!