Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Default Tons going for $9.99...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy
I imagine once the new jerseys hit the market, the old fake ones on eBay will go for even cheaper. People are already starting to sell them in lots, trying to clear out inventory. We'll see....
...but also remember, just because you see a picture of it, doesn't mean that's what you're gonna get. The same seller could send you four size 48 Alternate Rivers jerseys and each one could look quite a bit different. Some could look good and be of decent quality, while others may be frayed with poor cutouts. But, I guess for $10-$40, you can stand to lose a bit of money before getting what you want.

I make much of my living selling on eBAY, but my general experience buying (trying to find a bargain) is fairly miserable. I pride myself in making my own sales fair with good customer service, but when I'm the buyer, I have to weed through the crappy sellers before finding one to stick with. It reminds me of mechanics.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper300zx
...but also remember, just because you see a picture of it, doesn't mean that's what you're gonna get. The same seller could send you four size 48 Alternate Rivers jerseys and each one could look quite a bit different. Some could look good and be of decent quality, while others may be frayed with poor cutouts. But, I guess for $10-$40, you can stand to lose a bit of money before getting what you want.

I make much of my living selling on eBAY, but my general experience buying (trying to find a bargain) is fairly miserable. I pride myself in making my own sales fair with good customer service, but when I'm the buyer, I have to weed through the crappy sellers before finding one to stick with. It reminds me of mechanics.
Yeah I've had mixed results buying jerseys on eBay. I bought a 50 LT jersey that I absolutely swam in, so for my next one I bought a 48 and the neck was so tight that it literally CHOKED me and I could barely get my head through the opening. In my experience, the look has always been adequate for the money, it's the cut/sizing that I have issues with.

But as you point out, if you're spending $40 bucks and looking for a bargain, what do you expect?

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Veteran

d@mn thought the state of New Jersey was on sale
Old 03-22-2007, 07:04 PM
divorce party NYG @ SD

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper300zx

Hey thump do u have any jersey's right now 4 sale? On eBay maybe? The old stuff?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Default What are you looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXploder
Hey thump do u have any jersey's right now 4 sale? On eBay maybe? The old stuff?
...I don't really "sell" them (not for profit), but I do have a bunch around right now.

I offered a few the other day, just at the price I got them for, which was DANG good. I did that because I bought 10 jerseys and the seller wouldn't combine shipping, so he was gonna charge $100 to ship them to me in a single box. So I went and spread them out as best I could to make him earn it

Can do the same for you if I have something you want. Shoot me a PM or email...if I don't have it, I'll look around and give a suggestion. I got a bunch of replicas for around $25 (shipped) and I bought a handful of things from NFLShop. Missed that thing at store.reebok.com...should've been watching. Dang.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Bolted in '68

The term "Knock Off" should tell you something. The quality is suspect, as is the sender. They are usually illegal, and we shouldn't support that kind of racket. Save your money and get the real thing. It will last alot longer and you'll be happier in the long run. And if you want to, you can always sell a real authentic and get more for it, as compared to a knock off. But those knock offs always fall apart and wear out before then anyway.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Default Here are some EQTs....

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ge=search&fgtp=

...on eBAY -- good seller. Sells some with flaws, so just read the listing.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Default I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSUPhil
The term "Knock Off" should tell you something. The quality is suspect, as is the sender. They are usually illegal, and we shouldn't support that kind of racket. Save your money and get the real thing. It will last alot longer and you'll be happier in the long run. And if you want to, you can always sell a real authentic and get more for it, as compared to a knock off. But those knock offs always fall apart and wear out before then anyway.
...it sucks that these guys on eBAY are making big bucks on fakes. I estimated at $20 profit per jersey, some of these guys could be pulling in salaries of $100 - 300K and livin' it up in Korea, China, or Singapore. LOL.

More amazing is how many of these guys are selling from within the U.S., now, and how nobody stands up to them just because they're scared to get a negative feedback. Sad stuff.

Also as mentioned, it can take some mistakes before getting a decent FAKE, and by then, you probably could've taken you money and bought AT LEAST an EQT. Most sellers of fakes are at least gonna get away with your shipping money by the time you get a refund on a crappy fake. If from overseas, you'll probably just decide to keep it because you paid $20+ for shipping.

It's just a mess. And the sellers are pretty much shameless.

Last edited by thumper300zx; 03-22-2007 at 08:23 PM..
Old 03-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Default Fake Jersey....????

SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT -- this jersey looks really quite good. It's a size 60 "authentic"...but there are a couple differences from the one I bought from NFL Shop...

BY THE WAY, can WE START A JERSEY THREAD SECTION ??? Maybe move all the polls and jersey talk there? Cause there is a lot.

ARE ANY AUTHENTICS made with this way (maybe the larger sizes)???

The numbers and Bolts are sewn, but the outer layers are outlines, not solid under the entire number (so the center sections are only one thick). Maybe they do the larger sizes like this to keep the weight down ???

Also, the sleeves are not cuffed, but the spandex looks and feels like the right stuff. All stitching is excellent, triple stitching can be seen underneath. The normal sore spots do not apply on this jersey. LET THE JURY VOTE...shape and thickness of the Bolts are perfect. Jersey material under the Bolts and holes go the right way. Also curves in nicely with the chest area unlike most fakes...this one is tough despite all I thought I knew about these. Shows made in El Salvador while my size 48 (NFLShop) in Korea. All lettering and tags look right, no misspelled words, all letter height is good and clear, etc.

HELP!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:10 PM
4th and Hooters

Here's a website I found with some info on jerseys:

http://www.footballfanatics.com/Help...ersey_Glossary

It goes into the differences between Authentics and EQT. Of which I was previously unaware. Maybe you can take a look there and see if what you have is described.

I remember an eBay seller saying that all "official" NFL jerseys are produced....can't think of where it is, maybe Korea?! I forget, but I'm pretty sure it WASN'T El Salvador. I honestly don't know how legitimate that claim is, but I've seen it repeated independently elsewhere.

Here is a thread on eBay with people discussing fakes vs. real. By most accounts, the fakes are very close in quality to the real ones, with only minor differences and tip offs.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.js...56472&start=40

Upon further review, someone who said he used to work at Reebok said that all NFL jerseys are made in EITHER Korea or El Salvador. Then I found this in that thread:

4. Replithentic/EQT/Swingman/Soulman Jerseys - These have the "appearance" of authentics but lack the materials used in authentics. they may lack elastic cuffs, dual layered numbers/names. and instead use single layered/plastic type materials for names/numbers instead of the pro grade tackle twill...you also will see differences in sizing in these models. They switch to M, L, XL, XXL measurements instead of the numerical measurements (44,48,52,56, etc). ($50-$100)

That seems to describe your jersey pretty well.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!