Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
All-Pro

Our jerseys have to be the hardest to copy. The bolts on the sleeves, the color of the jerseys etc. If i was to buy any other teams jerseys off ebay is their anything to even look for such as all the things you have to look for on ours?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Default That's what I want to see...

CLOSEUPS, not fuzzy, and side by sides of an AUTHENTIC vs. a FAKE. Get some good pics in there, guys It could be tough to tell the difference between two different jerseys if they aren't in the same light and ratio. This fake looked decent until I had it next to an Authentic. And, is it just me, or does buying a size 48 McNiel just seem wrong -- that's like 1/2 the material needed to make a real McNiel. I don't feel worthy buying one. LT wears a 48, so I'm cool there (ha!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi19 View Post
Please post some close-up detailed photos of your jersey from the eBay seller Authentic Station.

Also, what are the jerseys measurements (Body Width, Body Length)?

Last edited by thumper300zx; 08-24-2007 at 09:52 AM..
Old 08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Bambi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk13 View Post
Our jerseys have to be the hardest to copy. The bolts on the sleeves, the color of the jerseys etc. If i was to buy any other teams jerseys off ebay is their anything to even look for such as all the things you have to look for on ours?
The Chargers jerseys are the most difficult to replicate, so it is easier to spot obvious flaws.

Looking at the Authentic Station jersey listings and pictures that Thumper previously posted, you can easily spot the poor workmanship.

e.g.

-Bunching and pillowing of fabric and seams (collar, armpit, chest, arm, back/nameplate areas).

-Seams that do not meet properly or evenly (where the bolt panel meets the chest & side panel).

-The jerseys look to be sewn off-bias/crooked (the jerseys can't lay flat).

These flaws are basic...It'd be interesting to know and see close-up photos of the NFL Shield, Chargers logo, the inside construction, the number & nameplate stitching, the color & weight of the jersey fabric.

It's interesting because people are spending alot of money on these apparently poorly constructed jerseys.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:42 PM
All-Pro

you guys, follow 6 one 9's advice and never order from Brian. I just recieved my jersey in the mail and i was very unsatisfied. I wish i would have seen what 6 one 9 posted before i ordered. He said everything is 100% sewn and authentic ( i knew it wasnt going to be authentic but i was expecting something like Authentic Nations jerseys). He had good pics of it up but when i recieved my navy blue Gates from him, the numbers and name were sewn but the bolts were ironed on like the replicas. I have filed a complaint and sent him a message asking for a refund or exchange for another jersey.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:43 PM
"Lightning Strike In LA"

Quote:
you guys, follow 6 one 9's advice and never order from Brian. I just recieved my jersey in the mail and i was very unsatisfied. I wish i would have seen what 6 one 9 posted before i ordered. He said everything is 100% sewn and authentic ( i knew it wasnt going to be authentic but i was expecting something like Authentic Nations jerseys). He had good pics of it up but when i recieved my navy blue Gates from him, the numbers and name were sewn but the bolts were ironed on like the replicas. I have filed a complaint and sent him a message asking for a refund or exchange for another jersey.
I told you guys, i even told 619 as well. get them from authentic station!! take my word ive got plenty from there!!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:44 PM
All-Pro

ya i have ordered many from Authentic Nation as well. I just thought id take a chance on Brian since he was located in the US and would recieve it faster.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 PM
"Lightning Strike In LA"

Quote:
ya i have ordered many from Authentic Nation as well. I just thought id take a chance on Brian since he was located in the US and would recieve it faster.
Yeah see all you had to wait, was 4 days to get it. brian's jersey's looked way off too me when i first seen them, even the points on the bolts were off..

as a matter a fact i just got me my powder blue 07 style tomlinson from station, and its all good..
Old 08-24-2007, 01:50 PM

I am sorry I even said a word about that douche Brian. His stuff is good quality but the Bolts are wrong and he is an ars to deal with. Get your money back bro and go with Authentic Station. I have gotten 3 from him now and they are all great.....except the yellow is a little dull but oh well
Old 08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
"Lightning Strike In LA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_one_9 View Post
I am sorry I even said a word about that douche Brian. His stuff is good quality but the Bolts are wrong and he is an ars to deal with. Get your money back bro and go with Authentic Station. I have gotten 3 from him now and they are all great.....except the yellow is a little dull but oh well
Yeah i mean in reality u get what you pay for.. If u guys buy a jersey from a guy on ebay, and liek his Product why go elsewere? they can even hook u up with a discount if u keep buyin from them..
Old 08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
LT -> RM

I have a jersey question.

Jerseys are either replica, premeir/EQT, or authentic.

But what do you call those cheap jerseys that they sell at stores like Wal-Mart and JCPenney.

Wal-Mart has jerseys that have the helmet on the sleeve, no NFL logo on the collar, and are of lower quality.
The ones I've seen at JCpenney look like replicas, but there is no NFL logo on the collar, the bolts on the side are smaller, and they are of lower quality.

Those two are basically the same other than the differences in sleeves.

I've seen many people wear them, but what exactly are they called. Is there a name for these types of jerseys?