Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 AM
TheCharge

Exclamation WAY too many black jerseys in the stands

Witnesses at the game stated it was about 50/50 black to powder blue. This disturbs me.

On a positive note, that means that you can go to East County during a Charger/Raider game and start robbin' houses cause no one's there.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Boo first. Think later.

A common theme, I understand. They even asked AJ about it. Supposedly the Chargers try to force those going to Raiders games to purchase part of a mini-package, but it turns out lots of Raiders fans end up going to several Chargers games (lol), especially the Raiders/Chargers game.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharge View Post
Witnesses at the game stated it was about 50/50 black to powder blue. This disturbs me.

On a positive note, that means that you can go to East County during a Charger/Raider game and start robbin' houses cause no one's there.
I completely disagree with the 50/50. I was at the game on the visitors side in the upper deck where alot of them usually are. it was at least 70/30 chargers if not more. I was actually surprised at the lack of black this year as compared to years past. And for the most part they kept their mouths shut during the game. Of course we had a little to do with that considering we were ahead the whole game.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSportsNut View Post
I completely disagree with the 50/50. I was at the game on the visitors side in the upper deck where alot of them usually are. it was at least 70/30 chargers if not more. I was actually surprised at the lack of black this year as compared to years past. And for the most part they kept their mouths shut during the game. Of course we had a little to do with that considering we were ahead the whole game.
I thought it was about 80/20. But that's still alot. I don't think other teams have as many visiting fans as we do every home game. part of it is that people circle san diego on the schedule when they play us because they usually live in cities with less desirable climates and a weekend in san diego looks like a good break during the season.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Hall of Famer

it's actually a lot better than it has been in years past, even the raider fans seem more humble, it's kinda funny, they don't come here expecting to win anymore, they only HOPE
Old 10-15-2007, 09:33 AM
We're there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
I thought it was about 80/20. But that's still alot. I don't think other teams have as many visiting fans as we do every home game. part of it is that people circle san diego on the schedule when they play us because they usually live in cities with less desirable climates and a weekend in san diego looks like a good break during the season.
I agree 100%. there was no way it was 50/50. The bottom of the North sidleine by the Raiders side was full of Raider fans. They were, to their credit, very loud giving the impression that the stadium was full of Raider fans. That, however, was not the case. Other than those lousy seats that can't see over the players on the sidelines, the Raider fans were only scattered around. I think there were more Bears fans on opening day than there were Raider fans yesterday.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 AM
LA Chargers '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharge View Post

It was not 50/50 or even close. Why is it every Raider game someone has to make a post about there being way too many Raider fans at the game. There are a lot of Raider fans in So Cal. so there will always be a Raider presence when we play them. But it was not 50/50 maybe 70/30 but more like 80/20.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Relentless

There were alot of raiders fans tailgating where we were(D3) there were only a few in our section inside the stadium.

By the waydid anyone else see the guy in View level around section 23 get kicked in the face and fall about half way down the stairs?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
well the thing is too that alot of them aren't coming all the way from oakland that was the one thing that bothered me being a raider hater and living in SD was how many raider fans actully live there. I know alot of the gang members actully Identify with that BADBOY personna that comes with the raider nation. this one vato I knew even said that's why I like the raiders because they like to cause trouble. At least living here I don't run into many raider fans.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
I Have your TV's!

I only watched it on TV. From what I could see when they did fan/stadium shots, no way did it look 50/50. I'd say the vast majority were Bolt fans.

"We had something special going in San Diego, but egos ruined it. Well, not egos, EGO."

~ Donnie Edwards
Closed Thread