Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Another UNI thread

Okay, I just wanted to say that after watching our team through 10 games this year, I am hating the road unis more and more. Please note, this may have something to do with the fact that we are 1-4 in road games this year, but here's my opinion anyways...

IMO they look like practice attire. They aren't intimidating, and they make us look weak. Too much white. The white jerseys look like we're wearing T-shirts, and the oft-criticized humungo white stripe down the blue pants is absolutely atrocious. I hope they fix that this offseason more than anything (I do expect some minor changes BTW. Subtle changes are often made after a new uni's first full season of use). Personally, I could go for a complete re-working of the road unis.

By contrast to the roads, I LOVE our home navys. I think they are a serious upgrade from our old home unis. However, I find it amazing that through 11 weeks of this season, we've only worn our home navys TWO TIMES! All the more reason I am sick and tired of our road whites.

Anyways, I'm not saying that our road unis are the reason we're playing so poorly on the road, but they make us look like puff-cakes out there, and that can't be helping our cause. I think the look of a team does affect its overall attitude, and something just isn't right with our away unis.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Boo first. Think later.

I still am not a huge fan of the away uniform, but once the football starts, I hardly notice it anymore. It's mostly the pants -- the jersey looks 10/10 next to those pants.

I still miss the THROWBACKS, but I'm ok with the 2-0 record and the new PB's

The home jerseys are the best looking, but I could still live without the Chargers logo on the chest. "Really, we're the Chargers?"

The bolts turning toward the center look better on the field than I expected.

Overall, I'm used to them, have accepted them, but would still rather have the old alternate/throwbacks. And for all those that jokingly talked about new jerseys and what they did for teams like the Broncos and Bucs? HA HA HA HA HA HA....
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper300zx View Post
I still am not a huge fan of the away uniform, but once the football starts, I hardly notice it anymore. It's mostly the pants -- the jersey looks 10/10 next to those pants.

I still miss the THROWBACKS, but I'm ok with the 2-0 record and the new PB's

The home jerseys are the best looking, but I could still live without the Chargers logo on the chest. "Really, we're the Chargers?"

The bolts turning toward the center look better on the field than I expected.

Overall, I'm used to them, have accepted them, but would still rather have the old alternate/throwbacks. And for all those that jokingly talked about new jerseys and what they did for teams like the Broncos and Bucs? HA HA HA HA HA HA....
LOL. Yeah, so much for our Bold New Tradition.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerlew View Post
Okay, I just wanted to say that after watching our team through 10 games this year, I am hating the road unis more and more. Please note, this may have something to do with the fact that we are 1-4 in road games this year, but here's my opinion anyways...

IMO they look like practice attire. They aren't intimidating, and they make us look weak. Too much white. The white jerseys look like we're wearing T-shirts, and the oft-criticized humungo white stripe down the blue pants is absolutely atrocious. I hope they fix that this offseason more than anything (I do expect some minor changes BTW. Subtle changes are often made after a new uni's first full season of use). Personally, I could go for a complete re-working of the road unis.

By contrast to the roads, I LOVE our home navys. I think they are a serious upgrade from our old home unis. However, I find it amazing that through 11 weeks of this season, we've only worn our home navys TWO TIMES! All the more reason I am sick and tired of our road whites.

Anyways, I'm not saying that our road unis are the reason we're playing so poorly on the road, but they make us look like puff-cakes out there, and that can't be helping our cause. I think the look of a team does affect its overall attitude, and something just isn't right with our away unis.

What do you guys think?
I think the white jersey looks way better than the navy. But I think they should wear white on white for away games.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 PM
bluehair

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerlew View Post

What do you guys think?
Im pretty sure thier road record has more to do with them going out boozing than the uniforms. I mean seriously cant they just not party during the season?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Next man up

I like our new home jerseys but i never was a fan of hte away...
And despite the record, It was a crime to change the throwback powder blues... Bring them and the old horse logo back for 2 games a year.