Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Dead for your pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetbolt View Post
Thanks to all the guys that shared thier stories and pics. Double thanks to shamrock for that outstanding analysis! This has been the most enjoyable Bolt thread I have ever read!
I'll second that. Excellent pics, stories, and overall thread. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:21 PM
N.F.L. ***** Alumni Assoc

Thanks for sharing Shamrock, but please do me a favor.

Never, never take another picture of yourself again with a Charger player and post it. They wind up getting hurt and even break bones. You're bad luck !

Thanks from Charger Booster

Note: It's okay to take pictures with George Pernicano.

Last edited by ChargerBooster; 12-10-2007 at 10:23 PM..
Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_BlitzSchlag View Post
First of all; great job Shamrock along with your great stories, tidbits plus analysis. I knew that your record was a perfect 3-0 when attending the Chargers away games, but as I was just about ready to give up on your record, the miracle come back was getting unfolded.

Secondly, it must be really nice to be connected, huh ?.
Right place at right time for the most part.

But, my family has held season tickets since the Chargers first year in SD, and I had my own season tickets for most of the 70's into the early 80's. Back in the 60's and 70's being close to the team was a lot different than todays generation. My parents, Aunt/Uncle, and Grandparents knew players and coaches. It was no big deal then. Since my Aunt and Uncle were such long time season ticket holders, they got info on which hotel to stay at and I was just there visiting on Saturday morning/afternoon when I ran into Lo Neal and so many players. Later, I was there only because I was with Silly, and he was going to meet Joel. Then, Mr. Pernicano kind of adopted us for the evening, and stuff just flowed from there.

We acted like we belonged and didn't intrude on the players evening time with family and friends. It was just nice to be in that environment.

Meeting the Clary's was just pure luck and another thing that turned out to be a great time for us.

I felt like everything we touched turned to gold. It was that kind of weekend. Nothing was planned, it just happened. Surely we had to win that game. It was fate.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerBooster View Post
Thanks for sharing Shamrock, but please do me a favor.

Never, never take another picture of yourself again with a Charger player and post it. They wind up getting hurt and even break bones. You're bad luck !

Thanks from Charger Booster

Note: It's okay to take pictures with George Pernicano.

I had a lump in my throat as I watched him pogo stick off the field. Lo Neal is one tough and classy man, and an alum from my school. I wish him nothing but the best.

But, just so we won't tempt the Football Gods, I will refrain from any more pictures with players !!!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I BELIEVE

great pics.. and i have one question what camera are you using.. SICK picks

My Draft.. Draft BPA in each pick!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCUFAN5 View Post
great pics.. and i have one question what camera are you using.. SICK picks
My camera is just a Canon A550. ftwbolt and dayvboy had some great pics !!!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Guys, I haven't follow the news a few days before the game and I kinda wonder what happened to Darren Sproles? Was he injured?
And I didn't see Nanee play is he injured?
Also, I haven't seen Malcolm Floyd play for a couple of weeks now, anybody have any idea on his situation?

Shamrock & Dayvboy do you see them in the sidelines?

Btw nice pics and very2 nice story, I really enjoy reading your story.... can't wait till your next posting!!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:50 AM
MUNG

Love these threads, keep the pics coming.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Dislipson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
funny you compliment the Titan fans. On their board they have all said we have the worst fan base in the NFL.

Glad you had a good game and are home safe
Not all of us have said that, the Charger fans around where I was sitting were alright....actually none really even made a peep during the game. After the game I told most that I saw a good game and they all replied back "you too". We all know how it is though, every team has those few certain fans that give them a bad name, no way around it.

I will take the Charger fans I was around over Texan fans any day of the week!

Last edited by Dislipson; 12-11-2007 at 06:22 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 07:19 AM
2advance

Hey Guys, GREAT thread!!! These are my favorite kinds, where we get a point of view we can't get anywhere else. Keep em comming, pix, stories, everything.
Oh & really great to see George Permicano too! He looks wonderful, like he hasn't aged a bit. My mom was in the SD sports industry during the Fouts era & went to Pernicano's Restaurant on Turquoise St often, she has nothing but good things to say about George