Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > NFL Playoffs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Default Playoff games not being sold out...yet.

So I'm listening to the Scott and BR show on the "Mighty Double XX" this morning and they're reporting that the Chargers have about 1000 left to sell for this weekends game.

They also mentioned Pittsburgh has about 250 tickets left and Tampa Bay has "plenty". All others are sold out.

What do you all think is going on here? On one hand I think the public didn't expect us to make it thus not buying them up and on the other hand I think people assume it's automatically sold out.

Your thoughts?

http://twitter.com/ed_moscoso
Old 01-02-2008, 11:30 AM
4th and Hooters

The most obvious reasons I can think of are that A) At this point only single seats are available, and most people don't want to sit by themselves, even if they go to the game with other people, and B) most of those seats that aren't singles are Club seats, which are substantially more expensive than regular seats.

At least we aren't the only ones. The fact that Pittsburgh isn't sold out yet is amazing.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:31 AM
prieto-bolt

People think its sold out since there were a lot of season ticket holders but what happened is people were buying extra season tickets to sell during regular season now when playoffs come they cant afford the up front playoff price. also there are 1000 tickets but they are a lot of single tickets some pairs are available. Also when you go online it will say there are none available but remember you need to just keep trying because when someone is looking at tickets it will hold them for 2 min so they will be unavailable until they release them. Go Chargers I will see you there.

Super Bowl Or BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Pricing

The price to attend NFL games has finally hit the point where it is cheaper to buy a big, new flat panel TV and the NFL pacakge.

If you are taking a family of four to one playoff game this year, it would cost you a minium of $440.00 not including parking, concessions, etc.

The cheap season tickets are a $810.00 per seat. A family of four could buy a new 50" Vizio at Costco plus the $199.00 NFL package and still be far ahead cost wise.

The NFL is in danger of overpricing their product.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick View Post
The price to attend NFL games has finally hit the point where it is cheaper to buy a big, new flat panel TV and the NFL pacakge.

If you are taking a family of four to one playoff game this year, it would cost you a minium of $440.00 not including parking, concessions, etc.

The cheap season tickets are a $810.00 per seat. A family of four could buy a new 50" Vizio at Costco plus the $199.00 NFL package and still be far ahead cost wise.

The NFL is in danger of overpricing their product.
Season tickets in Upper View are $450 per seat, endzone view is $600, and view and Lower View (where I seat, very good seats) are $650.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:20 PM
bolt635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
Season tickets in Upper View are $450 per seat, endzone view is $600, and view and Lower View (where I seat, very good seats) are $650.
Al "T.D." Bundy,

How many years did it take to get the lower view seats?

Thanks.....
Old 01-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Techex

I think people don't want to get disappointed if they go to the game maybe?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
bolt635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techex View Post
I think people don't want to get disappointed if they go to the game maybe?
I will be there and was at last years NE game!
disappointed? Never, pissed off last yr, YES!!!
but very happy that I was there just like every game this season!

I just think it is a bad time of year for a lot of people to come up with the cash!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Playmaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRANGER619 View Post
So I'm listening to the Scott and BR show on the "Mighty Double XX" this morning and they're reporting that the Chargers have about 1000 left to sell for this weekends game.

They also mentioned Pittsburgh has about 250 tickets left and Tampa Bay has "plenty". All others are sold out.

What do you all think is going on here? On one hand I think the public didn't expect us to make it thus not buying them up and on the other hand I think people assume it's automatically sold out.

Your thoughts?
the bandwagoners are afraid that we might go one and done, so they saved their money to go buy Patriot stuff.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt635 View Post
Al "T.D." Bundy,

How many years did it take to get the lower view seats?

Thanks.....
I've been a season ticket holder for 3 years now and all three years I've been in lower view.