Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En EspaŮol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > NFL Playoffs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
DavidCharger

Unhappy Why the chargers lost.

I saw the defense ease up a bit, I also felt CC could have done more, but ultimately I place the blame on Rivers. Playing hurt showed guts, but he failed the team when he was unable to get those TD's. Then i sort of felt Norv was not aggresive enough, If he did not have confidence in his QB he should have put in the numero 7. what stood out in the game was NATE THE GREAT! I thought it was ironic.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:34 PM
REDZONEFOOTBALL

Defense eased up a bit cuz they were on the field for 23 minutes in the second half......

I wouldnt call it easing up as much as I would tiring or wearing down.

And the healthy Volek vs. Injured Rivers debate will never end. In the end, an injured Rivers may have given us our best chance of winning. We will never know....
Old 01-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Bolted @ Birth

Pleeeze. Our defense spent way too much time on the field in the first place. And there are only two real reasons why we lost.

1. The Pat's were a better team that day.
2. No LT, and a very limited Rivers and Gates

Considering all that, we still held our own and beat the spread! The Chargers have nothing to be ashamed of and will be back BIG in the Fall.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:07 AM
chargershark

Reasons why the Chargers lost (in no particular order):

1. Red Zone Offense -- IMO, the blame here lies with the play-calling. No excuse for not getting any TDs.

2. Maroney -- our D was not able to make the necessary adjustments in the 2nd half to stop him. I place most of the blame here on the players, since they had quite a few missed tackles.

3. 2nd half offense -- Our O couldn't stay on the field in the 2nd half, which meant our D really got worn down. Again, (mostly) blame the play-calling.

4. Special teams -- kick-offs were way too short, & our coverage could've been better too. Props to Nate for making all of his attempts & hopefully getting that play-off monkey off his back.

5. Injuries -- everybody's got 'em this time of year, so it's not much of an excuse. But there's no denying that the Chargers are a much more potent team with a healthy LT, Rivers & Gates in the game.

On the bright side of things -- the Chargers got some great play-off experience this year, they're still overall rather young, & have most of their stars locked up for several yrs. And with AJ's gift for drafting talent, the few holes they do have should be easily filled. Next yr won't be a cake-walk, as Jacksonville & others are getting better, while Indy & the Pats will still be very good. But, the Chargers have every reason to believe that they'll be in the SB hunt for the next several yrs.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:13 AM
ConnecticutFan

Default AFC Championship - Post it Notes

I put a Post-It note on my calendar for next year's Super Bowl. See the Chargers there next year.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
SHUT UP ALREADY

I'll take an injured Rivers over Volek every day of the week. People think Billy is an all pro cuz he completed two easy ass passes one 1 drive for a td, and in the other 90% of games this year he's sucked ass. They didnt get it done in the redzone, because we didnt have the running game and all pro te to get out and catch those passes. But guess who lead us down in to the redzone...thats right...Rivers, who made great passes all day
Old 01-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan Cometh View Post
Listen, you lost because the Patriots are the better team. Brady had 3 picks and was basically a non-factor for the game. If the Cghargers scored 28 points, the Pats were getting 29. It was just not going to happen for the Bolts Sunday or any other day this year.

I don't mean to be arrogant, but too many fans here just can't accept the fact that the Patriots know how to win and the Chargers do not. At least not yet. They remind me of the Steelers of a few years ago. When they finally stopped their yacking and learned form losing to the Pats, they finally won their Bowl. The Chargers should take notice.
With a healthy LT, River and Gates I think the outcome would have been different. Our red zone offense has been great the past few years, but our playmakers were either out or playing hurt. your comment "if the Chargers scored 28 the Pat's were getting 29" is ignorant. You guys are lucky our stars were hurt. How do you think you would have done with Brady, Welker and Moss banged up the way our playmaker were? Without Brady you guys are a .500 team just like the Colts would be without Peyton.All this talk about "talking" is stupid as well. You are buying into the hype the media fed you in the week before this game. One player made a comment and the media turned it into the "Chargers talk too much". They were not allowed too talk because Norv put a gag on them so it was not even possible. As a matter of fact Rodney took a few shots at us on local radio here before the game, so get your facts straight.
BTW, With all that said you guys won and we lost. No excuses...
Old 01-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Jubilation T. Cornpone

Thumbs up

Injuries, pure and simple.
The Chargers obviously have more talent than every other team.
Itís always the same with other teams.
Peyton gets picked all over the field. He had two bad games.
Brady gets picked all over the field. He had a bad game.
Itís just a strange coincidence that these bad games happen against the Chargers.
This extremely young team scares the hell out of other teams and their fans.
Thatís why they are here on our board. They know that their time has almost run out.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
sikplastk

Exclamation really simple.

if you watched the game you would notice that brady was not effective playing long ball and most of his short throws were also off target. most of the plays from the pats were cheap 5 or 8 yard plays that and some chargers mistackles and bad defensive play calling equals sabotage. i feel we need some better coaching on the offense because if you look at the play calling most of the passes are executed next to pat defenders or the throw has to be right on the button to complete there play book is short and sweet.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM
NC Charger fan

Default My opinion

I have watched every team this year play the Pats and it seems that always in the 3rd period that the defenses seem to play less aggressive defense. Phil Simms called it Sunday a "bend but don't break defense." The defensive calling seems to change in the second half with every team (except when the Pats played the Ravens). Go for it and don't let up!