Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Hall of Famer

I've seen what Paul Oliver can do and he is talented. Whether or not he becomes our safety next year is in question. He will be competing with Weddle and Hart.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake1188 View Post
True. after his last post he left.lol
Which guy? Based on the one poster's comments about his dad and his basketball playing, this could be what you're looking for:

~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io ANARCHY oI
Oh pardon me for not knowing the lingo of your particular school. I played middle linebacker and WR throughout high school. I led my team in tackles ints and TD catches. It helps that I'm 6'5" 228 and fast. I played Bball in college. My dad set the single season rushing record at OSU which was broken by Steven Jackson and he still holds the single game rushing record of 299 yards. He played linebacker for the Raiders under Madden and he played back for the Bills. Are we through trading experience now? It really doesn't matter. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Weddle is always late to the play. It started in the first game when he blew that play that gave Carolina a TD. It has continued all season long.

If you played O line you shouldn't have been playing any linebacker. I know that you're too slow for that. Go ahead and lie because you can say whatever you want on line.

You obviously don't know anything about DBs becasue you are constantly hating on Cromartie while your powdering Weddle's ass. Oliver is clearly a better safety. He has better size and speed, and obviously instincts. He made two consecutive big plays in the endzone which is two more plays than any of our safeties have made in the endzone all season long.

Save your pitiful resume'. I know you'll keep your temper. You probably never touched the football in your entire career. Please refrain from giving the rest of us lectures about who are the ball hawking safeties on our team.
Quote:
Oregon State historical records
Rushing Yards/Game

1. Bill Enyart 299 50 Utah (9/28/1968)
2. Steven Jackson 239 35 California (10/26/2002)
3. Ken Simonton 234 37 USC (9/30/2000)
4. Dave Mann 233 11 Utah (9/29/1951)
They also have the season and career stats. I guess he's Bill Enyart's kid?

Bill Enyart - wikipedia
Quote:
William "Bill" "Earthquake" Donald Enyart (born April 28, 1947 in Pawhuska, Oklahoma) is a former American football player who played for the Buffalo Bills from 1969–1970 and for the Oakland Raiders in 1971.
Ex-Beaver rumbles into Hall - Former OSU fullback Bill Enyart gets his due - Portland Tribune (Aug 15, 2003)

Quote:
.... son Ben is a fine basketball player who probably will play at a junior college next season and an OSU football fan who attended three games last season.
If he played college hoops anywhere, I don't see it on Google.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 PM
jaywill

there's an article in the UT today that documents the decline of hart's playing time
Old 01-02-2009, 02:31 PM
JDog3

Io Anarchy .....you and I are on the same page. I can tell you played football because you see the same things I see. All of the AJ fanboys will try and give every excuse why Weddle sucks, but the fact is....he sucks. He is a nickelback at best. These guys have no clue about football.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Io ANARCHY oI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibolt View Post
Which guy? Based on the one poster's comments about his dad and his basketball playing, this could be what you're looking for:

~~~~~~~~~~

They also have the season and career stats. I guess he's Bill Enyart's kid?

Bill Enyart - wikipedia
Ex-Beaver rumbles into Hall - Former OSU fullback Bill Enyart gets his due - Portland Tribune (Aug 15, 2003)

If he played college hoops anywhere, I don't see it on Google.
Yep, that's me. Bill Enyart's kid. I don't know why it says he was from Utah. He's actually from Oklahoma. He played his high school ball for Medford, OR. I played for OIT. My degree was more important than the school I went to. I got a scholarship offer to USF in San Franciso as well. I lived in San Diego for 5 years growing up before moving back to Oregon. OIT has the highest job placement as well as highest paid jobs coming out of an Oregon school. I got to stay close to home and play ball. My post is 100% true. I'm sure you're not going to find every player that went to a small school like OIT. It's a great program though.

The Beavers offered me a football scholarship, and so did the Ducks. I just wanted to play basketball.

My dad always said that I should stick to football because I'm the wrong color to be playing basketball. He's probabably right. I didn't care. I have no regrets. I love playing basketball and I never got seriously injured. My Dad has a blown out knee from getting clipped, like Shawne Merriman did. It ended his career though. I really have no regrets.

Last edited by Io ANARCHY oI; 01-02-2009 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Io ANARCHY oI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog3 View Post
Io Anarchy .....you and I are on the same page. I can tell you played football because you see the same things I see. All of the AJ fanboys will try and give every excuse why Weddle sucks, but the fact is....he sucks. He is a nickelback at best. These guys have no clue about football.

Thanks for the pound.

He might be able to play if we can get more pressure on the QB. A stellar ILB would help us a lot. Let's hope we get it done via the draft or free agency. If we can't get to the Superbowl this year then next year would definitely be our year.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Laff7

I think Oliver would be a better option than Hart. But to say he should be the Safety next year, it's still to far away to determine. I would like to see us the team go after a Safety in the Draft or maybe via free agency. At the end of the day I really liked Oliver coming out of college in the supplemental draft and would love to see him get the start but we haven't seen enough from him to say that he deserves it.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Io ANARCHY oI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laff7 View Post
I think Oliver would be a better option than Hart. But to say he should be the Safety next year, it's still to far away to determine. I would like to see us the team go after a Safety in the Draft or maybe via free agency. At the end of the day I really liked Oliver coming out of college in the supplemental draft and would love to see him get the start but we haven't seen enough from him to say that he deserves it.
I think Oliver will get the start this weekend against the Colts. He will at least see signifigant time on the field. He has all the upside. I still think we need another safety, but Oliver's play can really help our team.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Speed Is A Gift From God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io ANARCHY oI View Post
I think Oliver will get the start this weekend against the Colts. He will at least see signifigant time on the field. He has all the upside. I still think we need another safety, but Oliver's play can really help our team.
I will be surprised if they gave oliver the go ahead over hart when they could have done that numerous times to cro and have chosen not to.

FOREVER.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:14 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog3 View Post
Hart is better than Weedle, the worst safety in the league.
Your responses are always so predictable when WEDDLE is brought up. The bitterness and hate is overwhelming. If you don't have anything productive to say why don't you just avoid the thread?