Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
kokuaesq

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog3 View Post
Hart is better than Weedle, the worst safety in the league.
Another day on the Charger message boards, another ignorant quote. Eric is a talented young safety who is only going to get better. P.S. the coaching staff and A.J. love the guy but they clearly don't know as much about football as you Matt Millen junior.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokuaesq View Post
Another day on the Charger message boards, another ignorant quote. Eric is a talented young safety who is only going to get better. P.S. the coaching staff and A.J. love the guy but they clearly don't know as much about football as you Matt Millen junior.
LOL, so true. Weddle is already a very solid, heady player but ultimate upside is limited (which is fine.) He's fast enough to play in the NFL and is a good wrap tackler, but will never be explosive enough to lay the wood on guys- we pretty much knew this at the draft. I will take the sure tackler over the big hitter though, if I had to choose.

He seems to generally takes good lines on the ball carrier, while it seems like Hart is more likely to take the wrong line and miss the play. I say 'seems to' because like most of the posters here I watch the games on TV, and of course realize that it's really hard to judge a secondary when they're not even on the TV screen for most of the play.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
usnidc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
I sure think he will be. We can cut that aged scrub Hart and his disproportionally large NECK ROLL.
Fixed it for you...
Old 12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Like Cuddles said. when you see a S in a neck roll, you know to go after him.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:42 PM
<<I miss Kamri

Quote:
You must have forgotten about Weedle's "forgettable" plays he has been making all year long:

Week 1: Outjumped by Daunte Rosario for the game winning TD. Weedle looked like a kid trying to outjump his dad on this play.

At Denver: game winning two point conversion to Eddy Royal blows right by Weedle and he is once again left looking like a JV player trying to play varsity

Kansas City: take your pick.....getting punked by Dwayne Bowe when Weedle had a full head of steam made him look like a total scrub OR trying to climb on Tony Gonzalez's back, getting called for PI and STILL giving up a touchdown

Denver at home: letting Tatum Bell (who was selling cell phones two weeks earlier) get into the open field and make a pathetic cut that sent Weedle to the ground with broken ankles and his jock strap on the floor.

THE GUY SUCKS!!!!!!
mmhmmm the Bell td run was only time he missed a tackle 1 on 1 which is what i said.

getting outjumped by a taller player happens.
getting beat by a faster player happens.
getting roughed up by a stronger player happens.

but if youre gonna say Weddle sucks then ill just say you suck, too.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:42 PM
MrConfident

I dont think you can stick him in there after 1 year. Look at weddle. Getting better but not there yet. I say sign a veteran to teach him the ropes and then throw him in.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
You must have forgotten about Weedle's "forgettable" plays he has been making all year long:

Week 1: Outjumped by Daunte Rosario for the game winning TD. Weedle looked like a kid trying to outjump his dad on this play.

At Denver: game winning two point conversion to Eddy Royal blows right by Weedle and he is once again left looking like a JV player trying to play varsity

Kansas City: take your pick.....getting punked by Dwayne Bowe when Weedle had a full head of steam made him look like a total scrub OR trying to climb on Tony Gonzalez's back, getting called for PI and STILL giving up a touchdown

Denver at home: letting Tatum Bell (who was selling cell phones two weeks earlier) get into the open field and make a pathetic cut that sent Weedle to the ground with broken ankles and his jock strap on the floor.

THE GUY SUCKS!!!!!!
Weddle makes a lot of plays that a safety by all rights needs to make. Since we haven't had one of those around here in a while, a lot of people have confused him for a player that is actually good, instead of "not awful." Weddle's lack of athleticism or size, not to mention some bizarre decisions, have definitely cost us this year though. There's more examples beyond your above list, a lot more.

Hart is awful too. Our safety corps is the worst in the NFL and have shown it this whole year. Oliver must be pretty bad too, honestly, to not show up either of these guys, but he's still developing, unlike Hart, and hasn't already hit his ceiling, unlike Weddle.

Taylor Mays Countdown back on, 3 years running! 1 year to go. O-line please.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Weddle makes a lot of plays that a safety by all rights needs to make. Since we haven't had one of those around here in a while, a lot of people have confused him for a player that is actually good, instead of "not awful." Weddle's lack of athleticism or size, not to mention some bizarre decisions, have definitely cost us this year though. There's more examples beyond your above list, a lot more.

Hart is awful too. Our safety corps is the worst in the NFL and have shown it this whole year. Oliver must be pretty bad too, honestly, to not show up either of these guys, but he's still developing, unlike Hart, and hasn't already hit his ceiling, unlike Weddle.
No, that would be Denver's.

A decent pass-rush would make the entire secondary look a lot better. Next year Merriman will solve a lot of our defensive problems.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Io ANARCHY oI

Yes he will be. He is already better than Weddle. With our new draft pick being at 16 I wouldn't mind seeing us taking Taylor Mays out of USC. I really want Muauluga, but he probably isn't an option at this point.

We need an O-lineman but look at how many great lineman have been taken in the second round. Clady for the Broncos and our very own Marcus McNeil are perfect examples.

Oliver and Mays would be a sick tandem.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerbomb View Post
No, that would be Denver's.

A decent pass-rush would make the entire secondary look a lot better. Next year Merriman will solve a lot of our defensive problems.
I definitely agree with this. We still need at least one new safety; forgive me for inferring, but AJ spoke about getting vet leaders on the squad for next year, and he probably meant the defense, which is where we've struggled the most. I think he's taking a good hard look at Mike Brown and Brian Dawkins, by all accounts great leaders and playmakers at safety. Obviously Brown is a walking injury, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either of these guys make a visit out here over the offseason.

Taylor Mays Countdown back on, 3 years running! 1 year to go. O-line please.