Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Line of Demarcation to Fire Norv Turner
Below .500, miss playoffs 59 0.27%
.500 or above, miss playoffs 89 0.40%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in WC round 29 0.13%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in Div. round 17 0.08%
Make playoffs, go 1-1 with loss in Div. round 11 0.05%
Lose in AFCCG 16 0.07%
Lose in SB 7 0.03%
Win SB 16 0.07%
Fire him now, season be damned! 171 0.77%
Never fire Norv, he's cuddly 21,663 98.12%
Voters: 22078. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
Did someone just say that Norv should get credit for how the O-line played yesterday?

So, credit goes to NORV when they play good.
When they play BAD, credit goes to Norv for PREPARING THEM (even though we don't know jack squat about what or how he did to prepare them, we just assume (read: "believe") he did everything perfectly), but the BLAME goes to the players for not executing.

So basically nothing is ever Norv's fault ever ever. Got it!
So by your own logic one can not criticize Norv either? After all, "we don't know jack squat about what or how he did to prepare them". I like to think I will criticize when he deserves it and give him credit when he deserves it. In this case, imo, knowing nothing really about what he did or did not do except for how the team performed under extraordinarily bad circumstances, he deserves some props.

Does that mean I think the Chargers should keep him if they fail to make the playoffs? Nope.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
The Chargers have had a run of bad luck, but it's not so horrendously bad that it's an outlier when compared to other NFL teams.
I disagree. Whatever. I'm not going to do the necessary research to back it up, nor do think you will be willing to do it to back up your possition. Agree to disagree.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post

Does that mean I think the Chargers should keep him if they fail to make the playoffs? Nope.
What if they squeak in? Our division is horrible.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Taking a Chill Pill

I could see Dean signing off on Jim Mora Jr. or Dennis Erickson....
Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
You will be bummed because he seems like a nice guy

I have seen it all now Perry, I truly have.
Come on now. Don't read more into that than I meant. I think he's an ok coach that has extraordinarily bad luck and treats his players like men. A nice guy. I'll be bummed for him that things didn't turn out better.

Quote:
And I believe the luck has something to do with Norv. I just do not find it a coincidence that all of this stuff with the injuries, turnovers just started happening out of bad luck
What about the the Rivers' fumble at KC, what about the crazy bad ref calls, holy smokes the OLine? Whatever. We'll see. I think you, and me, will get the new coach most here are clamoring for.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Taking a Chill Pill

Quote:
I disagree. Whatever. I'm not going to do the necessary research to back it up, nor do think you will be willing to do it to back up your possition. Agree to disagree.

he already named the Giants and someone else named the texans who have had just as "bad luck or injuries". I think the Giants may have more important injuries than ours. The Packers had a ton of injuries last year as well. Heck, even the Chiefs have been able to better stay afloat than we have, and they have some pretty big season ending injuries..
Old 11-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The Giants D was crippled with injuries before the season even started and they are actually playing pretty damn well. Look at the injuries Eli has had to deal with at the RB and WR position yet they are playing pretty well

* how long until a Norv backer points out last nights loss?
Exception to the rule... and you know what- good for them. GREAT JOB! They deserve props for overcoming them, I certainly would not ahve been surprised if they had not.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
And OAD in the PO

You like regular season and that's it?
Come on man. Dude did a GREAT job getting them to 13-3. Doesn't he get any credit for that?

Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Perry, all you have to do is look at what the Packers did last year
Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Exception to the rule... and you know what- good for them. GREAT JOB! They deserve props for overcoming them, I certainly would not ahve been surprised if they had not.
Just like Norv gets exceptions to all the rules of coaching?