Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Line of Demarcation to Fire Norv Turner
Below .500, miss playoffs 59 0.27%
.500 or above, miss playoffs 89 0.40%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in WC round 29 0.13%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in Div. round 17 0.08%
Make playoffs, go 1-1 with loss in Div. round 11 0.05%
Lose in AFCCG 16 0.07%
Lose in SB 7 0.03%
Win SB 16 0.07%
Fire him now, season be damned! 171 0.77%
Never fire Norv, he's cuddly 21,663 98.12%
Voters: 22078. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #10641  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:24 PM
perryao perryao is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 12,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWDOGG View Post
I am so sick of hearing about injuries - every team deals with injuries.

in fact the majority of our losses this year had very little to do with injuries IMO
I'm sick of hearing about injuries too. I mean, really, 4 of your 6 best Olinemen? Sickening.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
  #10642  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
RAWDOGG's Avatar
RAWDOGG RAWDOGG is offline
RIP #55
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CHARGER COUNTRY
Posts: 13,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
I'm sick of hearing about injuries too. I mean, really, 4 of your 6 best Olinemen? Sickening.
That was 1 game in which they played actually better then the starters and didn't allow one sack!
__________________

  #10643  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 PM
batgeek's Avatar
batgeek batgeek is offline
Born & Raised Bandwagoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 1,207
Default

excuses...excuses.

i don't need excuses because i have found my reasons.
__________________
I hate being an "I told you so." type of guy. But...I told you so.
  #10644  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 PM
LINQ's Avatar
LINQ LINQ is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 130
Default

Never Fire Norv.

I love what he's doing down there and hope he stays with the Chargers for the rest of his life.
  #10645  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is offline
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 10,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINQ View Post
Never Fire Norv.

I love what he's doing down there and hope he stays with the Chargers for the rest of his life.

Only Al could do that. He killed the Raiders for ten years.

Kinda funny though to hear it coming from the other direction.
__________________
"People who think they know it all really annoy those of us who do" Gandi
  #10646  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is offline
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 10,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWDOGG View Post
That was 1 game in which they played actually better then the starters and didn't allow one sack!
Hope for the future baby!!!

Whoot.
__________________
"People who think they know it all really annoy those of us who do" Gandi
  #10647  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 PM
BoltBacker4Life BoltBacker4Life is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Derk's mom's house
Posts: 20,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
The Chargers had a rep of being soft even in Marty's later years. I think it was a KC player that actually said it.
That is not true at all. In 2006, the best year in the history of the NFL for a RB, every team knew we were going to run yet nobody could stop us. Even with a 1st year starter for a QB and LT facing 8 man box all the time, we dominated the run game. You know what that tells you....we were nasty.

There was nothing soft about that team and any team believing we were soft would leave the field black and blue. We were a much, much more physical team under Marty.

And Perry, I really respect your opinion on these boards, but when you throw ref calls into your defending of a coach, the line for me is drawn. Every fan of every team could use the same excuse for their coach
  #10648  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 PM
perryao perryao is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 12,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWDOGG View Post
That was 1 game in which they played actually better then the starters and didn't allow one sack!
And yet there are those here that refuse to give Norv credit for that amazing stat! LOL.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
  #10649  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 PM
perryao perryao is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 12,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgeek View Post
excuses...excuses.

i don't need excuses because i have found my reasons.
Somtimes excuses are valid.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
  #10650  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 PM
perryao perryao is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 12,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
That is not true at all. In 2006, the best year in the history of the NFL for a RB, every team knew we were going to run yet nobody could stop us. Even with a 1st year starter for a QB and LT facing 8 man box all the time, we dominated the run game. You know what that tells you....we were nasty.

There was nothing soft about that team and any team believing we were soft would leave the field black and blue. We were a much, much more physical team under Marty.
I don't remember what year it was, not sure why you bring up '06, but there was a question of the Chargers team and it was KC Chief that said it. I'm not saying it true but it was out there.

Quote:
And Perry, I really respect your opinion on these boards, but when you throw ref calls into your defending of a coach, the line for me is drawn. Every fan of every team could use the same excuse for their coach
Maybe I've got you confused with Bolt4Life or whatever that guy with the similar name is but I had crossed that line when I was voicing my opinion about Norv it seemed to me. Whatever, dude has been on the wrong end of too many bad ref calls, imo. If you don't think that has an affect I can see your point. Still, the Chargers are due for a LONG streak of bad calls in their favor by the refs, if JerryinCA is right and everything evens out in the long run, imo.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:13 AM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.