Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Line of Demarcation to Fire Norv Turner
Below .500, miss playoffs 59 0.27%
.500 or above, miss playoffs 89 0.40%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in WC round 29 0.13%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in Div. round 17 0.08%
Make playoffs, go 1-1 with loss in Div. round 11 0.05%
Lose in AFCCG 16 0.07%
Lose in SB 7 0.03%
Win SB 16 0.07%
Fire him now, season be damned! 171 0.77%
Never fire Norv, he's cuddly 21,663 98.12%
Voters: 22078. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:20 PM
#Rivers4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
AJ kicks old ladies out of their seat on the bus so he can sit
Brilliant!!

AJ always types in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Hall of Famer

AJ really does take candy from babies?

Because its easy.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABoltsFan View Post
why hasn't this thread been merged yet?

selective merging i guess....

now that AJ and Norv don't get as much negativity, i guess that some threads can stay.

Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. - Henry Steel
We gave it a chance - it ran the course just as expected.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm No Noob

So many threads just end up as a rehash of previous thoughts.

If the main page can hold 12 threads:

1. Norv sucks
2. AJ sucks
3. Rivers sucks
4. Defense sucks more than offense
5. Offense sucks more than defense
6. Special teams still sucks
7. Mathews is not good enough to be a #1
8. Once again we got nothing for Brees, Turner, VJ
9. The team doctor sucks
10. We need OL depth 4 guys deep in case someone trips down stairs
11. We draft too many projects and unhealthy bums
12. The FAs that AJ DOES sign are all over the hill

And sooner than later... each and every thread... ends up as NORV is the reason for our failure.

Look around, people. We have had a terrible shortage of talent on defense. JJ and Atari 2600 have been upgrades. The draft should help. And a new coach should also.

And that doesn't mean that Norv is perfect. Everything and everyone have shortcomings- which is why it's a TEAM sport and why others need to know when and how to pick up some slack.

My thoughts on Norv is that he is wonderful at preparation during the week and he knows how to put our guys in position based on film, but he lacks the ability to make adjustments during the game that net solid results.

I remember the Giants comeback in their house a few years ago. It was either LT or Sproles who saw the glaring weakness and told Rivers what play to call. It wasn't Norv.

So while I wanted Norv gone, but wanted AJ gone even more, I also realize that not everything going on with this team is Norv's fault.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 AM
#pray4tristan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
AJ really does take candy from babies?

Because its easy.
Ghosts sit around the campfire and tell AJ Smith stories.....
Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltar View Post
They shouldn't have to rally for their coaches job. That action alone says alot. Are we all mistaken? Who knows what really goes on behind closed doors.

Rivers and many other players have flourished under Norv, yet the team as a whole has clearly underachieved.

Boneheaded mental errors, poor choices of staff, slow starts, injuries (lack of preporation/conditioning?) lack luster drafts, poor timing of contracts and cap space, all lead to management.

Continuity was Spanos's buzz word all the while he makes changes left and right.
Though I wanted Norv gone, I actually like the fact that the players went to bat so hard for their coach. What it shows me is the fact that we have a lot of guys on this team who take accountability for their bad play. They do not make excuses and point the finger, they look in the mirror and know they can do better. We have a team, not a bunch of I guys.

The players do not blame Norv for their losing, they blame themselves. That right there is the only sign we need. Believe me when I tell you that had they thought it was Norv and he needed to go, they would have let him walk the plank.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
Though I wanted Norv gone, I actually like the fact that the players went to bat so hard for their coach. What it shows me is the fact that we have a lot of guys on this team who take accountability for their bad play. They do not make excuses and point the finger, they look in the mirror and know they can do better. We have a team, not a bunch of I guys.

The players do not blame Norv for their losing, they blame themselves. That right there is the only sign we need. Believe me when I tell you that had they thought it was Norv and he needed to go, they would have let him walk the plank.
My head is bagged, and I approve this message.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post

i like your post and agree mostly, except with the bold part. players aren't management. they don't have any clue about what personnel moves would give them the best chance to win; that isn't their job and shouldn't be at all what they're thinking about.

and, serving as devil's advocate, maybe the players rallied behind norv because he's not that demanding a coach and never throws his players under the bus. just saying, there are several factors for a team to want to stick with a coach with winning being just one of them.

i say these things since, under norv more than ever, i keep seeing mental lapses to outright stupid decision-making which, as relatively constant as i perceive it, has to be attributed to lack of discipline and ultimately lack of cohesion.

i just don't and never have seen norv as a strong leader. our recent trend would do more to substantiate that theory than refute it.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
Ghosts sit around the campfire and tell AJ Smith stories.....
Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

AJ Smith is Don Draper?
Closed Thread