Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Veteran

Default Powder Blues

Why cant we have the throwbacks as our regular jerseys? It seems like almost everyone agrees theyre one of the best if not the best uniforms in sports. I dont say this because Im a Charger fan. We could have our current Navys as the alternates. Id like to see the Dan Fouts era jerseys every now and then too even though theyre hideous
Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 PM
"Stay Classy SD" my butt!

No thank you!

We don't get enough of our amazing looking Navy's. Half the season is whites, then the remaining few home games have Powder Blues taking up two of them.
I'd say that's more the case with the defeatist talk in this board [speaking with your heart, not your head]. The users here sound like a bunch of kids throwing a temper tantrum. It's depressing. I think the team should go ahead and offer the Cowboys the option of playing this one in their own stadium. Why even play here? Even if the team plays perfect, this fan base will drag them down. This environment is toxic.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
No thank you!

We don't get enough of our amazing looking Navy's. Half the season is whites, then the remaining few home games have Powder Blues taking up two of them.
Really? I thought people were kind of meh on the new navies, especially the white helmets

I think the blue is a little dark too
Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
"Stay Classy SD" my butt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egor190 View Post
Really? I thought people were kind of meh on the new navies, especially the white helmets

I think the blue is a little dark too
I don't think I represent the majority. I've found a few people who agree with my, but I see a lot more people on here asking for more Powder Blues.

The whites just remind me of losing and sloppy play. The All-Whites remind me of being badass!
I'd say that's more the case with the defeatist talk in this board [speaking with your heart, not your head]. The users here sound like a bunch of kids throwing a temper tantrum. It's depressing. I think the team should go ahead and offer the Cowboys the option of playing this one in their own stadium. Why even play here? Even if the team plays perfect, this fan base will drag them down. This environment is toxic.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Rookie

Bolt

powder blue is very nice i wish we had them more... it would be sick if we did like a johny cash day when we wear blue paints and blue top and blue helmet... just an idea.. i do like the whole dan fouts idea though wish we used our throw backs more...
Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I don't think I represent the majority. I've found a few people who agree with my, but I see a lot more people on here asking for more Powder Blues.

The whites just remind me of losing and sloppy play. The All-Whites remind me of being badass!
The 60s all white AFL jerseys are too beautiful
Old 11-03-2011, 07:55 PM
NY, Feb 2, 2014

keep the navies, keep the powders, keep the modern style for now. I would like to see the coryell/fouts era jerseys tho. damn nfl jersey rules
Old 11-03-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egor190 View Post
The 60s all white AFL jerseys are too beautiful
Yep, they are the best

Why can't we just be like the Bills and Jets and go back to old school unis all the time?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:59 PM
NY, Feb 2, 2014

also maybe some all white. especially early in the season when we wear white at home due to the heat.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Born & Raised Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt91 View Post
I would like to see the coryell/fouts era jerseys tho. damn nfl jersey rules
i didn't much care for the yellow pants though.

it's hard for me to watch the Redskins now also. they switched back to their yellow pants...and it just doesn't look right to me.