Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 AM
All-Pro

Default Archie was right

I guess Archie was right in the end. He saw the the Chargers are only about the BUSINESS of football, while the Giants are about the SPORT and Winning championships!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Veteran

Sad, but true. There's pretty much nothing we can say about Eli and his "decision" anymore. Archie knew what a perennial loser looked like from his days in New Orleans, and he saw the same thing with our organization. Looking at the state of things now and with AJ and Norv still holding their jobs, I'd say he was right.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Born & Raised Bandwagoner

http://forums.chargers.com/showpost....7&postcount=52
Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 AM
RIP 55

Damn, i'd hate to admit it but yup. I wanted to hate him and the whole Manning family, but I just can't. I apologize for hating on you Archie. You had your son do what was best.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
Damn, i'd hate to admit it but yup. I wanted to hate him and the whole Manning family, but I just can't. I apologize for hating on you Archie. You had your son do what was best.
I still hate the guy because he could of handle the situation a lot better rather than embarrassing this team on television. When Eli was selected and refuse to put on the Chargers hat really disgusted me. I have no respect for both men.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Hall of Famer

The Chargers are who Archie thought they where!!!

I think Charger fans are taking the Giants SB win harder than the Pats fans.

If I was Spanos,I would remind EVERYONE in this organization ,EVERY DAY about my EMBARASSMENT AND DISAPPOINTMENT that a highly respected NFL family like the Mannings have PROVED to every football fan that the San Diego Chargers.Well I don't want to get banned so you all know the rest.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:59 AM
Draft Nut

Some times I struggle with some of you folks who claim to be fans.

1) The Chargers record with Smith and Turner are in no way or shape comparable to the losing Saints record when Archie Manning was the QB.When anyone says that is the case they are completely talking out their butt.

2) The Manning clan wanted N.Y. due to the $ that flow from endorsements and from a business example they were right there is a huge gap in the advertising revenue in that area.

3) The draft and the salary cap is what makes the N.F.L. great other wise GB ,S.D.,Pitt would almost always bring up the rear.

Get your facts straight.

You know the Giants site is up and running and they are always looking for some bandwagon fans.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Realist or Pessimist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMANCIL View Post
Some times I struggle with some of you folks who claim to be fans.

1) The Chargers record with Smith and Turner are in no way or shape comparable to the losing Saints record when Archie Manning was the QB.When anyone says that is the case they are completely talking out their butt.

2) The Manning clan wanted N.Y. due to the $ that flow from endorsements and from a business example they were right there is a huge gap in the advertising revenue in that area.

3) The draft and the salary cap is what makes the N.F.L. great other wise GB ,S.D.,Pitt would almost always bring up the rear.

Get your facts straight.

You know the Giants site is up and running and they are always looking for some bandwagon fans.
1. True, but no one said Archie's teams were better than these chargers. They do have one thing in common though.
2. No one can say for sure.
3. That and also players and coaches executing. That's what separate the elite and the fodder of the NFL. Eli and the Giants know how to execute and have the hardware to prove it.

I don't blame anyone for being upset. Its the nature of being a sports fan. You're gonna take some shots to the gut. Being a Chargers fan is no different. It just hurts to watch our team fall short while Eli and Ben both have 2 rings and the Saints winning a super bowl. I mean even the Cardinals have made a Super Bowl before Rivers. (and were close to winning it).
Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Yes indeed

There goes rmancil criticizing fans like he's better or wiser than they are. Glad you got your "facts" to justify your claims because I don't think anyone here is saying they are now Giants fans. "you folks" need to stop acting like supporting anyone from another team means you lose your fan card but if it makes you feel better about your own fanhood then so be it.

Anyway Archie and Eli are still lame for how they handled the situation. If Eli made the decision himself then it wouldn't even be as bad but he had to have his daddy come in and make his decision for him. Whether it was the right decision or not isn't really relevant when the way it was done is still arguably wrong.

The Right Side of the Rivalry

Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm not even mad. When was the last time the Giants ever did anything to the Chargers? The Chargers own the Giants for the last decade.

Now B.B. and Brady? That's a whole other matter. It was easy to root for the Giants...or more accurately root against the Patriots yesterday.
Closed Thread