Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 05:36 PM
<< that's my boy.

what a sap

"Just like the country song goes, This aint nothing" - P.Rivers

NFL PLEASE STOP THE PLAY 60 BUS COMMERCIAL! IT SUCKS AND IS ANNOYING! 3 YEARS IS TO MUCH!!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:42 PM

Sapp is an idiot. Shut your trap.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Offseason Lurker

Sapp got away with plenty of "bounty style" hits back when he was playing.

I will never forgive him for blind siding Jerry Rice at the knees (effectively ended his career) ...that sorry son of a gun.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 PM
<< that's my boy.

sapp is a punk

{insert animiated gif of rivers says "yes it was big boy, yes it was""}

NFL PLEASE STOP THE PLAY 60 BUS COMMERCIAL! IT SUCKS AND IS ANNOYING! 3 YEARS IS TO MUCH!!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Next man up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
The NFL absolutely needs to protect the player (whose name is almost certainly known to current NFL players if Sapp knows), but I have a hard time believing that the Shockey (if it was in fact Shockey) decided to reveal the presence of the bounty system out of the goodness of his heart or a sense of "it's the right thing to do".

Given his history and personality, Shockey almost certainly did it out of spite and anger at the way he was dumped by the Saints organization.
Fair point as always Joe...

Reguardless, it was a good deed even if done for the wrong reasons...
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Air Apparent

Default League Hammer Saints for Bounties - Shakes up draft

The NFL really lowered the boom on New Orleans for the bounty business. Head coach Sean Payton has been suspended for one year, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, and G.M. Mickey Loomis was suspended for eight regular-season games. In addition, the Saints were fined and will forfeit second round picks in both 2012 - the 59th overall - and in 2013. Because the Saints had already traded their #1 pick to New England during the 2011 draft, New Orleans now will not pick until the 91st selection this year.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKincheloe View Post
Shawne has been pretty vocal about the hit by the Titans, and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. The league wouldn't want to tarnish the reputation of it's fair-haired boy Jeff Fisher. One of the outcomes of Goodell's decision is that Fisher is being punished by losing Williams. It's small consolation, but it's something. Maybe a "snitch" will come forward to help Merriman get evidence.
Maybe that POS scumbag Mawae will finally discover he's a man and own up to the fact that he intentionally attempted to end Merriman's career with that hit.

Maybe pigs will fly out of my butt. I have nothing but contempt for that loser.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 PM
<-- Bolt Nut

I agree with former Chargers receivers coach James Lofton on this one. Here's what he said:
Quote:
Colleges want to do what the pros do. High schoolers want to do what the pros do. Pop Warner, you know - little kids, wants to do what the pros do. So, how would feel if there were parents who were telling their kids "if you can take out Johnny on the other team, we're going to Carl's Junior after the game." That's what you don't want. You don't want that and you don't want the NFL to model that.
I certainly don't want high school kids trying to take out players on the other team. The NFL needs to send a message.

James Lofton interview on XTRA Sports 1360
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 PM
<< that's my boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD1040 View Post
I agree with former Chargers receivers coach James Lofton on this one. Here's what he said:

I certainly don't want high school kids trying to take out players on the other team. The NFL needs to send a message.

James Lofton interview on XTRA Sports 1360

good point. i would never teach my son to do that. but some parents are a little bit

Old 03-21-2012, 09:27 PM
<< that's my boy.

wow, WATCH jeff fishers interview(i just seen it now for the first time) and think micro expresssions : enough said.