Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
Jet lag has nothing to do with conditioning. You can't work out your body clock:

http://www.medicinenet.com/jet_lag/article.htm

It's not just a matter of catching a few more Z's. For some people it's a malady. Some people never get it, and spend there time telling the people who do that "it's not that big a deal."
I guess, I don't really know anybody who is affected by it.

Besides something tells me that people who play through the pain that the NFL deals out is mentally tough enough to deal with the time shift.

/shrug
Old 04-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Hall of Famer

I hate opening the season on Monday night. Hate hate hate it. Gives me a weekend when everyone else I know is in football heaven and I am just sitting there waiting for a game I care about, which won't come until Monday. And we always open against the Raiders in Oakland on MNF - this is (I think) the third time in the last 6 years. Too much!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Experienced

I concur with several posters on here with my prediction for the season. I will wait until after the draft and preseason to see who were are going to be.
I like the schedule, it shows we are respected in the league and won't have to hear complaints that we had a soft schedule which allowed us to go undefeated this year which diminishes the talent we show during an undefeated season. Ooops probably shouldn't drop the undefeated line until I predict it.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm No Noob

I honestly LOVE that this discussion has gotten heated over the fact that we have 4 early games and that three hours difference between 10am and 1pm would make their diarrhea somehow go away.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 PM
TY Kris Dielman

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
I honestly LOVE that this discussion has gotten heated over the fact that we have 4 early games and that three hours difference between 10am and 1pm would make their diarrhea somehow go away.

I will argue about anything.

Don't forget it.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Rookie

Do you know when single game tickets go on sale?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
and I'm not a primere athlete...
Is what you do physical in nature on par with NFL players under game conditions? Is it physical at all?

Thing is people are oversimplifying this. There is historical data that shows that overall teams traveling to the east coast and playing at 10 am do not perform to their statistical norm. And the reciprocal is true too, some people are overstating the negative. But to deny the hardship of it and to say just "suck it up" and perform is to deny reality, imo.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
I suppose next season we'll have to cancel all games on Sunday November 4, for fear of the disrupted circadian rhythms of players associated with the end of Daylight Savings Time.

But what about those poor AZ Cardinals? They don't have DST in Arizona. So aren't they at a disadvantage over other teams as a result? Maybe that's why they haven't been very good historically.

This would also immediately explain why the Colts never appeared in a Super Bowl after moving to Indy, until after the state finally passed a law in 2005 to begin participating in DST as of April 2006. We all know how that ended up, as the 2006 Colts won the Super Bowl (which we should have won, but i digress). Coincidence? Obviously not.
So we just ignore medical science and historical data? Right.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
Jet lag has nothing to do with conditioning. You can't work out your body clock:

http://www.medicinenet.com/jet_lag/article.htm

It's not just a matter of catching a few more Z's. For some people it's a malady. Some people never get it, and spend there time telling the people who do that "it's not that big a deal."
So what's the difference if the game starts at 1, 4 or 8?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm No Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Is what you do physical in nature on par with NFL players under game conditions? Is it physical at all?

Thing is people are oversimplifying this. There is historical data that shows that overall teams traveling to the east coast and playing at 10 am do not perform to their statistical norm. And the reciprocal is true too, some people are overstating the negative. But to deny the hardship of it and to say just "suck it up" and perform is to deny reality, imo.

I honestly think there is historical fact, but I think it's as much to do with the visiting team's players not taking it seriously. They still want to party and womanize and "live the dream" and then they have an earlier wake up call the next day and are rusty.

For the home team, many of them have wives and children, so there is much less room for "play time". They are home, in bed, not drunk and cheating on their wives like the visiting team most likely is.