Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En EspaŮol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Rookie

Matthews and Mc'Clain combo is goin to be a sicc... Chargers run game is goin to improve this yr
Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Veteran

If my memory serves me, it was also Brinkley who caught the 2-point conversion in the KC game?

Even if it wasn't, I do believe he can do a good job as a #2RB, but it might just be wishfull thinking.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 AM
GO CHAHHGERS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abild View Post
If my memory serves me, it was also Brinkley who caught the 2-point conversion in the KC game?

Even if it wasn't, I do believe he can do a good job as a #2RB, but it might just be wishfull thinking.
The one shot this kid has has on O he smashed it and helped us out. I think he only played one game if I remember right which is hard to base/judge anyones performance on. But still time on field looked great.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Ya...he was jumping over would be tacklers. Pretty cool there, for one game.
That was the only game he played a lot in and he looked good.

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Jeremiah Attaocho - OLB
3. Allen Robinson - WR
4. Dakota Dozier - OG
5. Zach Kerr - NT
6. Corey Linsley - C
7. Aaron Colvin - CB
Old 05-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatomalo View Post
I disagree Guerro, I don't believe AJ mentioned it was Tolbert by name. i think that is the assumption of most people other than myself. IMO and I've stated it here enough that Tolbert was vastly overrated.

I certainly won't miss his showboating, and dancing around looking for the big run only to get tackled for a loss style of running. I won't miss his fumbles either.

Baker will have to be a standout on STs to make the team. But even he probably is a better RB than Tolbert. He certainly is faster and from the video I've watched he's decisive where Tolbert would be dancing and hesitating. Baker had issues catching the ball so he would have to improve in that area and show good hands or he won't make this team.
I have to dissagree. AJ has publicly stated that he wanted Tolbert to remain a Charger. And Tolbert was the leader in ST's. Rather you liked his endzone celebrations or not doesn't matter. Tolbert caught the ball well, and was tough to bring down. Many times he ran over the linebacker to make that extra yards.

To say as a fact that Baker is clearly better than Tolbert is wrong, just yet. He hasn't played a snap yet. Tolbert was a fullback converted to RB that pounds the ball. Baker is not.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatomalo View Post
I disagree Guerro, I don't believe AJ mentioned it was Tolbert by name. i think that is the assumption of most people other than myself. IMO and I've stated it here enough that Tolbert was vastly overrated.

I certainly won't miss his showboating, and dancing around looking for the big run only to get tackled for a loss style of running. I won't miss his fumbles either.

Baker will have to be a standout on STs to make the team. But even he probably is a better RB than Tolbert. He certainly is faster and from the video I've watched he's decisive where Tolbert would be dancing and hesitating. Baker had issues catching the ball so he would have to improve in that area and show good hands or he won't make this team.
Most people are correct. Smith was referring to Tolbert; they wanted him back. It's well documented that they offered him a richer deal than the one that he got in Carolina. I am sure they would not have done that if the whole time A.J. was thinking he had a better option in Brinkley who happens to be dirt cheap.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolting Xero View Post
That was the only game he played a lot in and he looked good.
He was also the main back in the raiders game. His stats that game:
16 attempts for 52 yards and 3 receptions for 12 yards... Also, he's never fumbled
Old 05-18-2012, 12:48 PM
All-Pro-Bro

Don't forget that McClaine can run the ball too. He can fill in for Tolbert too, with Hester at FB.

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU (Darqueze Dennard, CB / Cyrus Kouandjio, OT)
2.) Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State (Deone Bucanon, SS / Louis Nix III, NT)
3.) Trai Turner, OG, LSU (Pierre Desir, CB / Terrence Brooks, SS)
4.) Caraun Reid, NT, Princeton:(JaWuan James, OT / Brent Urban, DE)
5.) Jonathan Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky
6.) Devon Kennard, OLB/ILB, USC
7.) L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Gotta love Leron McClain - from his blog on the front of Chargers.com

http://blog.chargers.com/2012/09/13/...leron-mcclain/

Iím proud to call this city home and wear that lightning bolt across my chest. Itís an amazing blessing to wear it with these teammates. We have some high caliber players and awesome people on this team. To be in the same huddle as Antonio Gates, Malcom Floyd and Philip Rivers, itís a real blessing. Iíve gotten real close with Ronnie Brown too. We have the same agent so Iíd seen a lot of him. To get him out here on this team is a blessing too. We sit next to each other on the plane and joke around a lot. I really love a lot of the guys on this team and Iím going to do whatever I can to help us win and get us to that Super Bowl.

We got off to a good start with the win in Oakland. Itís awesome to win on the road in a stadium like that. The black hole is a ridiculous environment to play in. Man, those fans are NASTY. They love their team, but they really got on my head and were calling me out. They got on my case the first time I came to the bench, so to look up at the stands and watch them walk up those stairs and leave with three minutes left felt great! To go out there, take care of business and get back on the plane with a win was big for us. It makes me hungry for the next one.

read the rest at the link above
Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oside89 View Post
Gotta love Leron McClain - from his blog on the front of Chargers.com

http://blog.chargers.com/2012/09/13/...leron-mcclain/

Iím proud to call this city home and wear that lightning bolt across my chest. Itís an amazing blessing to wear it with these teammates. We have some high caliber players and awesome people on this team. To be in the same huddle as Antonio Gates, Malcom Floyd and Philip Rivers, itís a real blessing. Iíve gotten real close with Ronnie Brown too. We have the same agent so Iíd seen a lot of him. To get him out here on this team is a blessing too. We sit next to each other on the plane and joke around a lot. I really love a lot of the guys on this team and Iím going to do whatever I can to help us win and get us to that Super Bowl.

We got off to a good start with the win in Oakland. Itís awesome to win on the road in a stadium like that. The black hole is a ridiculous environment to play in. Man, those fans are NASTY. They love their team, but they really got on my head and were calling me out. They got on my case the first time I came to the bench, so to look up at the stands and watch them walk up those stairs and leave with three minutes left felt great! To go out there, take care of business and get back on the plane with a win was big for us. It makes me hungry for the next one.

read the rest at the link above
Great link.I like his humility. Classy guy.