Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Bad News Bear

Blount is and was young with upside. If I recall correctly, the only things Blount was guilty of was being a jackass and punching out Byron Hout. Cedric Benson has considerable wear on his tires. That and four arrests. Cedric is such a locker room cancer that his own teammates tried to injure him during practices.

Also he had just as many fumbles as Ryan Mathews last year. (5)

And even more fumbles than Ryan Mathews the year before that. (7 compared to 5)

I'll take a pass on Cedric Benson. Luckily he seems like the exact kind of guy that AJ will stay the hell away from.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
Blount is and was young with upside. If I recall correctly, the only things Blount was guilty of was being a jackass and punching out Byron Hout. Cedric Benson has considerable wear on his tires. That and four arrests. Cedric is such a locker room cancer that his own teammates tried to injure him during practices.

Also he had just as many fumbles as Ryan Mathews last year. (5)

And even more fumbles than Ryan Mathews the year before that. (7 compared to 5)
Mathews
2010 - 180 touches/5 fumbles - 2.78%
2011 - 272 touches/5 fumbles - 1.84%

Benson
2010 - 349 touches/7 fumbles - 2.00%
2011 - 288 touches/5 fumbles - 1.74%
career - 1653/19 - 1.15%

So they're actually pretty close, Benson probably a little better. I would however be concerned with his low rushing avgs, td's, and catches. And I agree he's not someone AJ would bring in
Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJackson83 View Post
They also had a monster O-line in 2008. Not throwing McClain under the bus, but that had a lot to do with it. I can't wait to see him catch/run the ball though. One highlight I saw of him running over James Harrison to the goaline was AWESOME
If you're talking size & weight, the projected starters for SD in 2012 avg @ 325 lbs to the '08 Ravens 316.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Our run game is.....

Going to improve and be really good this year. We all know that Matthews is the piece that keeps the puzzle together back there.

Let's just imagine what he could do if he started 16 games
Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Bad News Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekal View Post
Let's just imagine what he could do if he started 16 games
Bold prediction over hurrr.

He will.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Experienced

I'm good with what he have currently and not interested in left over free agent backs. We have other depth to consider so let's roll the dice and see where we are when the season begins.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Hall of Famer

If we can get a better back then what we have in reserve, I'm all for it. I'd like to see one of the younger backs become the next MT.

A Bree's jeresy never looked so good.

"Luck, is when, preparation meets opportunity" John Wooden

R.I.P.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
<-- Bolt Nut

Le'Ron McClain on XTRA Sports 1360 sounds like he's ready to go out and hit somebody.

Quote:
If they tell to run this play as running back, I'll do it to the best of my ability. If they tell me to go out there and pancake this guy and cover him up, I'm going to do that to the best of my ability.
He also says he's been studying the playbook and he feels like he's playing fast.

I hope he can deliver. I want to see some holes big enough to drive a truck through like we had in 2006.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Hall of Famer

I heard that interview. I'm thinking, that from all I've heard about McClain, he could be a Moose Johnson type in Norv's offense. I remember how big he was in Norv's offense in Dallas.

I also heard another interview saying, the Chargers are waiting until after June 1st, because it has something to do with compensatory picks. However it works out, we need a back that can help RM carry the load.

I also talked to my Brother-in-laws, brother, this weekend, a big Spartans fan. He has Baker isn't a fast runner, but, that he can catch and run short yardage. He said he sees Baker helping the team, lets hope so.

A Bree's jeresy never looked so good.

"Luck, is when, preparation meets opportunity" John Wooden

R.I.P.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Hall of Famer

I think they got the RB depth they need with the guys they got. Brinkley can pretty much run all the plays that Mathews does, something they didn't have with Tolbert.

If they have need of further depth they have McClain and Hester. If Hester loses 10 lbs he would regain his speed. They can always stash one of the UDFAs on the PS in the event they need to go deeper than that.

This team is in transition at a lot of positions and they need to save roster spots where they can.