Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm No Noob

Default Robert Meachem: "For Chargers, winning the Super Bowl starts now"

We want to win it all, and winning a Super Bowl starts now,” Meachem said. “You have to build that strong relationship with your quarterback. You have to know what he sees and how that relates to what you see. The transition has been smooth, and that’s what you expect with two veteran guys trying to do everything right and get on the same page. We know it’s a process that takes time, and we’re working through it.”

Meachem said he’s developing not just an on-field relationship with Rivers but a personal relationship.

“The better you know each other in the locker room and joking around outside of practice really helps,” Meachem said. The more you talk, the more familiar you get. It’s not just about running routes or studying film. It’s about holding a conversation and understanding an individual personality. When he jokes about something, you have to figure out why he thinks that’s funny.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wl-starts-now/

Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 AM
ZP

this is the first time Ive heard of any Chargers player talkin about winning the super bowl in quite some time. its nice to hear
Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Hall of Famer

At least the FA WRs will bring a new level of intensity to the WR group. Get it down right, they can be special in a real good way.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Veteran

Glad to hear that Meachem is really taking things seriously on and off the field. I really do hope he develops into a credible #1 WR, and soon.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Rookie

its funny reading the comments on that article, it seems fans of other teams are more upset then we are for not having a super bowl haha, i cannot wait until the Chargers get a ring, haters will have nothing to say!
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Meachems my boy!!!

I have a good feeling that Royal will do wonders for us this year. I can't wait to see home flash and take it home out there.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Hall of Famer

I know these are "may articles" but it pumps me up to have bright young, talented guys on my team. The theme im picking up from everyone is that they all have everything to prove. In fact that should replace "bolt up" this season unless theres something out there already.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Optimistic pessimist

If Rivers shakes off the cobwebs from last year, if RM doesn't have to run up the middle each time, if Melvin is a stud on defense, if Weddle catches more INTs, the D-line plays well and the O-line blocks well, Yes we can win it all, but then again if all of what I said happens to any team they should win it all.

I just hope we don't have a mgic season and go 13-3 to see the broncs go 14-2 with Manning.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
Meachem said he’s developing not just an on-field relationship with Rivers but a personal relationship.

The better you know each other in the locker room and joking around outside of practice really helps,” Meachem said. The more you talk, the more familiar you get. It’s not just about running routes or studying film. It’s about holding a conversation and understanding an individual personality. When he jokes about something, you have to figure out why he thinks that’s funny.”

I like Meachem's attitude and agree about the importance of chemistry. It seems like he may be having a little trouble getting PR's sense of humor??
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorade#21 View Post
this is the first time Ive heard of any Chargers player talkin about winning the super bowl in quite some time. its nice to hear
Yeah baby! Now we're gonna win it!

It's a lot better than having people waiting around for their agents to get them big deals instead of coming into camp, saying they love football and can't wait to work, but it's a business.

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Closed Thread