Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Did Albert Haynesworth get $100 Million Dollars?
Yes

Only the brave will directly answer this spooky spooky question ! People act like their heads will catch on fire if they answer a simple question.

Last edited by Chargerfreak; 05-29-2012 at 02:56 AM..
Old 05-29-2012, 03:06 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
I am dumbfounded that you are defending Jackson by pointing to the fact that he hit FA and had ONE TEAM that was so stupid they drove their own price up on themselves.

Point to even ONE article (sans a BLEACHER REPORT one) for crying out loud that says that the Bucs got a steal.

I'll be waiting...

I was going to let everyone off the hook, then El Tee wants to be Mr. Smartypants:

Follow along class. If VJ gets 56 million, and Meachem gets a buck eighty and a ham sammich, then VJ has more value in the open market of the NFL.

What does that mean for this season ? Nothing. But it sure irks the heck out of you guys for some reason.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:07 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
Don't let 'em off the hook 'Freak. Keep pressing. It's very important they answer this question.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Power of 51

Somebody help me with this one:

On the day of his signing Norv said that he will make Meachem be our Number 1 WR. I trust Norv with this more than a lot of people. But why wouldn't Floyd be our new Number 1 ? Can't stay on the field, Number 1 just isn't his role, or is there more to Floyd then they are letting on ?

I would have thought he was up next to move up ???
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Yes

Only the brave will directly answer this spooky spooky question ! People act like their heads will catch on fire if they answer a simple question.
Oh, I thought you were just asking the question to make a point. You know, a rhetorical question. I didn't think you were actually expecting an answer. You really don't know the answer?

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-29-2012, 06:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I was going to let everyone off the hook, then El Tee wants to be Mr. Smartypants:

Follow along class. If VJ gets 56 million, and Meachem gets a buck eighty and a ham sammich, then VJ has more value in the open market of the NFL.

What does that mean for this season ? Nothing. But it sure irks the heck out of you guys for some reason.
Oh, so you didn't expect an answer and were making a point after all. Sheesh, so all those calls for answers were pointless.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Just speaking for myself, discussing the dollar amounts players make makes me want to vomit. I'd rather not talk about it. It's hard to like a buncha frickin' Divas.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I don't think you'll find a single person on this board that disagrees with the point that VJ would get more on the open market than Meachum. You're fighting windmills with that point.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
These top-10 lists are very subjective because different guys excel in different systems.

If VJ goes out and gets his 1000 then good for him and the Bucs.

But we got Meachem, Royal and JJ for the same cap hit and I don't feel like the difference between Jackson and Meachem outweighs getting those two other guys as well.

And it's not even a fair question anyhow, because Meachem is a different receiver than Jackson and has his own strengths. He can be just as special and vital a part of our offense as Jackson is remembered by some.

I expect our WR to get more seperation on a ore consistent basis. With PR throwing it we can't lose!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I want to play!

Follow along....

Since Meachem has an average payout of 6.5mil/yr and VJ has an average of 11.5mil/yr then Meachem has to put up a little less than 60% of VJ's production to be a better value to his team.