PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Fans at StubHub

Pages : [1] 2

Bolt4Life
09-18-2017, 10:46 AM
I was disgusted with a lot of the Chargers fans there. I suppose when only the rich can go for most seats, this is what we get. I get that we got over 105 decibel levels multiple times yesterday, but it was only AFTER big plays. We could not get our section engaged at all, even for 3rd downs to create a homefield. We even had one older Chargers fan behind us telling us to stop standing and making so much noise. Never ran into this issue in 13 years of season tickets.

That stadium carries sound and is designed to amplify it. As proven with how loud it got after big plays, including when they shot the cannon off as if we won in the end with the missed field goal. I saw an issue with the actual fans not being engaged and making noise when they should. Then you have hoity toity fans telling other Chargers fans to stop getting loud and standing up for big plays. I hope this improves, but if this is the current season ticket holder base then it is what it is.

Chargerfreak
09-18-2017, 10:49 AM
I was disgusted with a lot of the Chargers fans there. I suppose when only the rich can go for most seats, this is what we get. I get that we got over 105 decibel levels multiple times yesterday, but it was only AFTER big plays. We could not get our section engaged at all, even for 3rd downs to create a homefield. We even had one older Chargers fan behind us telling us to stop standing and making so much noise. Never ran into this issue in 13 years of season tickets.

That stadium carries sound and is designed to amplify it. As proven with how loud it got after big plays, including when they shot the cannon off as if we won in the end with the missed field goal. I saw an issue with the actual fans not being engaged and making noise when they should. Then you have hoity toity fans telling other Chargers fans to stop getting loud and standing up for big plays. I hope this improves, but if this is the current season ticket holder base then it is what it is.

It'll be loud for the raider game. Just not the way you want.

FIRST WITH MAXIMUM PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS BEGGING FOR NOISE ON THE FIELD TOO !!!!!!!!!!

pacstud
09-18-2017, 10:52 AM
It was loud when the dolphins kicked the go-ahead figgy.

pacstud
09-18-2017, 10:54 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-chargers-dolphins-plaschke-20170917-story.html

AFBoltFan
09-18-2017, 11:26 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-chargers-dolphins-plaschke-20170917-story.html

Sounds like a SD Tribune article, not good coming from the Times.

pacstud
09-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a SD Tribune article, not good coming from the Times.

This may shock a few of the more zealous types, but perhaps there is veracity to the SD opinions?

Chargeroo
09-18-2017, 12:37 PM
This may shock a few of the more zealous types, but perhaps there is veracity to the SD opinions?
You think? :)

The Moekid
09-18-2017, 12:45 PM

I warned you during the pre season and you dismissed it

Bolt4Life
09-18-2017, 01:02 PM
I warned you during the pre season and you dismissed it

It can get loud, as seen after good plays. The issue is getting these librarians to do anything on 3rd down before the play.

On a side note. Pretty awesome of the cannon guy to shoot the cannon as the kick went past the goals, tricking all of us to think the kick was good.

Totally Bolted
09-18-2017, 01:11 PM
MEH!
All this will change if they start winning. Plain and simple. The RAMS who are supposed to belong haven't sold out, nor filled their seats either.

marion butts
09-18-2017, 01:12 PM
Los Angeles is an embarrassment. 16 road games this year.

Chargerfreak
09-18-2017, 01:15 PM
MEH!
All this will change if they start winning. Plain and simple. The RAMS who are supposed to belong haven't sold out, nor filled their seats either.

Ummmmmmmmmmm...................................... ....

Totally Bolted
09-18-2017, 01:18 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmm...................................... ....

I know..Winning....asking for the impossible (to some) is not all that delusional.

I think LA is no different than SD. There are a millions more people in LA all just as fickle.

Chargerfreak
09-18-2017, 01:20 PM
I know..Winning....asking for the impossible (to some) is not all that delusional.

I think LA is no different than SD. There are a millions more people in LA all just as fickle.

No. 9-25 is NOT delusional to winning.

Now be a good TB and take your Xanax.

pacstud
09-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Los Angeles is an embarrassment. 16 road games this year.

This is simply truth.

No spin needed, we will be increasingly outnumbered with some games (such as the Raider game) being ridiculous.

AFBoltFan
09-18-2017, 01:24 PM
This is simply truth.

No spin needed, we will be increasingly outnumbered with some games (such as the Raider game) being ridiculous.

/agreed

I have my doubts winning games will change much. The media has said it time and again that LA doesn't want the Chargers. IMVHO nothing short of a deep playoff run like an AFC Championship will put rears in the seats.

woodeye2000
09-18-2017, 01:27 PM
pacstud & butts agree ?
Automatic ?
So FLA decided to come to the Coast over hurricane cleanup duty...sounds legit.

Chargerfreak
09-18-2017, 01:41 PM
pacstud & butts agree ?
Automatic ?

WOW. Now THAT"S how you lay it down !!!!!

All in one post too.

Nominated POTD, and the front runner to win.

Nice.

packman76
09-18-2017, 02:09 PM
This is simply truth.

But they sold all the season tickets?

Bolt4Life
09-18-2017, 02:12 PM
MEH!

Will winning really change the Chargers fans who have put out the money for season tickets already though? Attendance wasn't the issue. It was the librarian mindsets of the fans.

SDCPB
09-18-2017, 02:20 PM
It'll be loud for the raider game. Just not the way you want.

FIRST WITH MAXIMUM PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS BEGGING FOR NOISE ON THE FIELD TOO !!!!!!!!!!

Along with the Broncos game. The two NFC East games will have a lot of their fans too. The only games that won't have their teams fans are the Browns and Bills.

SECOND WITH MAXIMUM PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chargers players never having a homefield advantage !!!!!!!!!!

SD SneakKing
09-18-2017, 02:20 PM
The stadium actually carried the sound extremely well for 27k seats. I got free tickets to the visitor side but there were a few Charger fans in my row and plenty several rows up getting crazy loud on 3rd downs. It was field level though.

If I had to eyeball it, I'd say it was 60 percent Chargers to 40 percent Dolphins fans. Wasn't a true home advantage.

AK46um
09-18-2017, 02:24 PM

A. People found the $100 parking prices too steep.
B. People in LA forgot there was an LA Chargers game going on.
C. People got stuck in traffic.
D. Folks who bought tickets were wealthy philanthropists making donations to the needy.
E. All of the above.

Da_Cha-gers
09-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Marc Sessler writer @ NFL.com visited 'the Hub' for the Dolphins game and wrote about his experience:

My StubHub adventure - Chargers' home opener unique.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000847424/article/my-stubhub-adventure-chargers-home-opener-unique

Go Chargers! :logo

SD SneakKing
09-18-2017, 02:31 PM
A. People found the $100 parking prices too steep.
B. People in LA forgot there was an LA Chargers game going on.
C. People got stuck in traffic.
D. Folks who bought tickets were wealthy philanthropists making donations to the needy.
E. All of the above.

We didn't pay a dime for parking. Parked at Harbor gateway and a free bus ride was provided for the fans. It was a 10-15 min bus ride. Bus dropped us off right by the entrance to the stadium. Was super convenient.

Also, traffic was not bad at all. But to be fair we got to Harbor Gateway 1.5 hours before the game kicked off.

Chargerfreak
09-18-2017, 02:33 PM
A. People found the $100 parking prices too steep. Let em eat cake.
B. People in LA forgot there was an LA Chargers game going on. With the money we are making on LA Major Market tv rights money and visiting fans, you can go, not go, whatever.
C. People got stuck in traffic. It's LA. Right ?
D. Folks who bought tickets were wealthy philanthropists making donations to the needy. BIG money in LA. People have to have a write off at tax time ya know.
E. All of the above.Just the glorious value increase our team rose with the move to LA was enough to pull the trigger. You can only be told to build a new stadium so many times until you believe it. Do you believe it now ?

Thank you, Empire Management

Chargerfreak
09-18-2017, 02:41 PM
We didn't pay a dime for parking. Parked at Harbor gateway and a free bus ride was provided for the fans. It was a 10-15 min bus ride. Bus dropped us off right by the entrance to the stadium. Was super convenient.

Also, traffic was not bad at all. But to be fair we got to Harbor Gateway 1.5 hours before the game kicked off.

DEAR MOJO !!! How am I supposed to roll around naked on the Royal Bed swimming in Roman coins that bear my image with this kind of crap going on !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Vehicle entry ONLY from now on. Buses are banned.

Cyborglives
09-18-2017, 06:29 PM

I'm surprised you are surprised. Many of us predicted this.
Hate to break it to you but it's not going to get better. It was about 60/40 in favor of the Chargers in terms of attendance and this was the Dolphins... Wait until we have to play divisional rivals or even the NFC West. It's going to be a home game for our opponents.

Bolt4Life
09-18-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm surprised you are surprised. Many of us predicted this.
Hate to break it to you but it's not going to get better. It was about 60/40 in favor of the Chargers in terms of attendance and this was the Dolphins... Wait until we have to play divisional rivals or even the NFC West. It's going to be a home game for our opponents.

The issue was not the amount of Chargers fans. :jaw:

The Moekid
09-18-2017, 06:50 PM
56,000--Rams v Redskins
25,000--chargers v Dolphins
Total of 81,000 combined.

84,000--SC v Texas on Saturday night

The Moekid
09-18-2017, 06:51 PM
The issue was not the amount of Chargers fans. :jaw:

Really? Only 25,000 and Dolphins felt like they were playing at home?

The Moekid
09-18-2017, 06:53 PM
pacstud & butts agree ?
Automatic ?

I've been saying this since the move and before the move, people in LA don't care about the Chargers. Nobody from FLA need to travel. Every team has transplants here. I think it will be worse against KC and PHI

pacstud
09-18-2017, 07:26 PM
I honestly don't understand the spin. Even if it's 75% Charger fans and they're sipping tea, that's still not good at all.

I've been to three different away games for the Bolts (KC, Dallas, and Houston) and NEVER seen more that 4 or 5% Bolt fans. The percentage is probably lower, but you notice your own.

So when it's 60/40 at home, saying "We still had the majority" is poor spin.

It was bad in SD, it's waaaaay worse in LA.

I feel bad for the players. They deserve a good home crowd and don't/won't get it.

JimWest
09-18-2017, 07:41 PM

I feel bad for the players. They deserve a good home crowd and don't/won't get it.

Agree; 60-40 is poor.

The media has been excessive in saying how that happened in San Diego too. But it only got bad the last two years, as the team was lousy, and the strong relocation desires of Spanos became obvious, first with the disgraceful agreement with arch rival Raiders, then being given the option in January 2016 to abandon San Diego after a year.

The players can thank Spanos for the lack of a home crowd. They had a very good one in SD for almost all of 56 years.

JimWest
09-18-2017, 08:03 PM
I've been saying this since the move and before the move, people in LA don't care about the Chargers. Nobody from FLA need to travel. Every team has transplants here. I think it will be worse against KC and PHI

You are right on all your points, moekid. And when the Raiders get to Stub, it will likely be at least 75-80% Raider fans.

Bolt4Life
09-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Really? Only 25,000 and Dolphins felt like they were playing at home?

Okay I should rephrase. MY issue is not the amount of opposing vs home fans. MY issue is the librarian attitude of the fans.

The OC Registrar measured the sound throughout the game. Even with the amount of Bolts fans we had, it got over 105 decibel after a 3rd down stop, after Ingrams sack, and after Gates touchdown. MY issue is the fans not even attempting to get loud before the snap on 3rd downs. It was way too quiet. Then to have other Chargers fans ask my buddy to stop being so loud. Ridiculous. Never had to deal with this at Qualcomm.

Bolt4Life
09-18-2017, 08:44 PM
I honestly don't understand the spin. Even if it's 75% Charger fans and they're sipping tea, that's still not good at all.

I've been to three different away games for the Bolts (KC, Dallas, and Houston) and NEVER seen more that 4 or 5% Bolt fans. The percentage is probably lower, but you notice your own.

I'll bite.

Who is trying that spin in this thread. May be I missed it.

Edit: I see one poster said he thinks it was a 60/40 split, then added that isn't a true home field advantage. The rest of the posts just held eachothers hands. So I am very curious what spin you are seeing Pacstud and from who.

pacstud
09-18-2017, 09:12 PM
I'll bite.

Who is trying that spin in this thread. May be I missed it.

Edit: I see one poster said he thinks it was a 60/40 split, then added that isn't a true home field advantage. The rest of the posts just held eachothers hands. So I am very curious what spin you are seeing Pacstud and from who.

You. You're saying the amount of away fans doesn't matter, rather it's the quality of the home fans.

I say it's both.

Not only were the Charger fans who made not A grade (as per you), but there were a boatload of Miami fans.

Miami.

Not the Raiders, not the Donkeys...Miami?

For a home opener?!?

So allow me to rephrase: Anyone who tries to spin this is fighting a losing battle, after game one the Fight for LA is going poorly.

The actual team? Meh, about what I'd expect. Rebuilding and competing, but still a few players short.

The Moekid
09-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Okay I should rephrase. MY issue is not the amount of opposing vs home fans. MY issue is the librarian attitude of the fans.

The OC Registrar measured the sound throughout the game. Even with the amount of Bolts fans we had, it got over 105 decibel after a 3rd down stop, after Ingrams sack, and after Gates touchdown. MY issue is the fans not even attempting to get loud before the snap on 3rd downs. It was way too quiet. Then to have other Chargers fans ask my buddy to stop being so loud. Ridiculous. Never had to deal with this at Qualcomm.

Librarian's can be heated up if you give em a reason. Or is that just one of my fantasies?

Game this week will be telling. Chargers are 0-2 facing a good KC squad and KC travels well.

Bolt4Life
09-18-2017, 09:57 PM
You. You're saying the amount of away fans doesn't matter, rather it's the quality of the home fans.

I say it's both.

Not only were the Charger fans who made not A grade (as per you), but there were a boatload of Miami fans.

Miami.

Not the Raiders, not the Donkeys...Miami?

For a home opener?!?

So allow me to rephrase: Anyone who tries to spin this is fighting a losing battle, after game one the Fight for LA is going poorly.

The actual team? Meh, about what I'd expect. Rebuilding and competing, but still a few players short.

I think my issue went completely over your head. The fans who were there proved they could get loud. The issue is they refused to try outside of after a big play was made.

Your big post complaining about twisting percentages and people (me....i guess...?) saying 60/40 is a good home field advantage is out of left field. Where is a quote saying we still have majority or a quote saying anything about the percentage of home vs away fans. The entire post was about the fans who did show up and the proof that they could get up to 105 decibels. Unless the newspaper is spewing fake news numbers on the sound levels.

Whatever. I think you and I just have marital issues now. :fencing:

Librarian's can be heated up if you give em a reason. Or is that just one of my fantasies?

Game this week will be telling. Chargers are 0-2 facing a good KC squad and KC travels well.

You made me LOL.

Red will really pop out too. Hoping it isn't embarrassing. I'll be sure to take a panorama shot of the whole stadium that I'll PM to a few of you if you want it.

I also hope the home fans who do show up, put in some effort.

Throw Back
09-18-2017, 10:33 PM

I agree- part of the home field advantage is having the home fans-Charger fans making noise so the opposing QB/team has a hard time hearing.This should be basic 101. I would have been annoyed also if other Charger fans were that quiet.

labound
09-18-2017, 11:14 PM

It's my opinion that a large number of the long term season ticket holders in San Diego were brokers due to the demand from visiting fans. Stubhub offered a perceived opportunity for a pretty good profit because of limited availability and that's where a lot of the season tickets went. Winning fills Stubhub with Chargers fans, losing fills it with opposing fans. If the losing continues the Raider game will sadly be similar to last year. Nobody wants to pay that kind of money to sit next to knuckleheads. I'll be there though.

Chargerfreak
09-19-2017, 04:18 AM
Along with the Broncos game. The two NFC East games will have a lot of their fans too. The only games that won't have their teams fans are the Browns and Bills.

SECOND WITH MAXIMUM PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chargers players never having a homefield advantage !!!!!!!!!!

I love Maximum Pain, I'm a Freak after all. But If I had maximum pain, and then you add to it, then how could I have had maximum pain to begin with ?

You may have to consider a retraction. Whatever makes me feel better, you'll feel better about yourself in the end. Trust me. Love, Overlord.

AK46um
09-19-2017, 07:08 AM
Then to have other Chargers fans ask my buddy to stop being so loud. Ridiculous. Never had to deal with this at Qualcomm.

How do you expect one to ask to pass the Grey Poupon at a sporting event? :noidea:

Bolt4Life
09-19-2017, 09:06 AM
How do you expect one to ask to pass the Grey Poupon at a sporting event? :noidea:

:LightsOut: :pound:

starry
09-19-2017, 09:58 AM
Agree; 60-40 is poor.

The media has been excessive in saying how that happened in San Diego too. But it only got bad the last two years, as the team was lousy, and the strong relocation desires of Spanos became obvious, first with the disgraceful agreement with arch rival Raiders, then being given the option in January 2016 to abandon San Diego after a year.

The players can thank Spanos for the lack of a home crowd. They had a very good one in SD for almost all of 56 years.

Throwing away the support of 50 years to chase money in LA. The NFL just has too much arrogance to assume that people will pay for their stadiums and automatically go to watch their 'brand' in a new place or even continue watching even if they move a team, there are other choices for people. The chargers part of the name is being linked to the price charging and how high it is - the chargers. Maybe Goodell might realise belatedly that rather than improving the NFL's image all of this just weakens it, the NFL doesn't look popular.

Merfinator
09-19-2017, 10:50 AM
I have no idea why the Spanos' thought home field advantage would be any better in LA. They just made the drive a lot shorter for opposing fans that used to come from LA.

AK46um
09-19-2017, 11:18 AM
I have no idea why the Spanos' thought home field advantage would be any better in LA. They just made the drive a lot shorter for opposing fans that used to come from LA.

City with the most Chargers fans or city with the most opposing team's fans. The latter part arguably makes more money? I mean the Chargers could go 0-13 and still sell out...from opposing team's fans.

BTW that $100 parking. Locals eat it while out of towners use Uber. Ouch.

Okay on a positive note Fight for LA!!!!

AFBoltFan
09-19-2017, 12:23 PM
City with the most Chargers fans or city with the most opposing team's fans. The latter part arguably makes more money? I mean the Chargers could go 0-13 and still sell out...from opposing team's fans.

Fight for Tourists! :wof:

Bolted
09-19-2017, 12:47 PM
Fight for Tourists! :wof:

Fight for New Ownership!

AFBoltFan
09-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Fight for New Ownership!

https://img.memecdn.com/now-thats-what-im-talking-about_o_4085487.jpg

AK46um
09-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Fight for the 4-point FG rule!!

...oh wait we can't even makes 3-point ones.

uggles
09-19-2017, 02:28 PM
My section is almost a complete sell out every seat around us with the exception of 2 behind us has been sold to ticket agencies every game so far and guess what we got to sit with very loud DOLPHIN FANS,... stadium at least 60/40 in Dolphins favor and then add to that... Charger fans didn't stand up and yell till the 2nd quarter... really disappointed...

The game well that didn't go well, but the fans were worse.

Also parking management is terrible in Red Lots, we were in our car for over an hour while they drained every other lot.

I will not sell to tickets agents but might donate tickets,m can't see spending this season surrounded by the opposing team fans.

I AMazing I
09-19-2017, 02:37 PM
My section is almost a complete sell out every seat around us with the exception of 2 behind us has been sold to ticket agencies every game so far and guess what we got to sit with very loud DOLPHIN FANS,... stadium at least 60/40 in Dolphins favor and then add to that... Charger fans didn't stand up and yell till the 2nd quarter... really disappointed...

The game well that didn't go well, but the fans were worse.

Also parking management is terrible in Red Lots, we were in our car for over an hour while they drained every other lot.

I will not see to tickets agents but might donate tickets,m can't see spending this season surrounded by the opposing team fans.

Don't forget that with the hurricane many south FL residents were spending the week away from home anyway. I bet there were a lot of Dolphins fans that decided to go to the game last minute.

AFBoltFan
09-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Don't forget that with the hurricane many south FL residents were spending the week away from home anyway. I bet there were a lot of Dolphins fans that decided to go to the game last minute.

Hmmm... I wonder what next weeks excuse will be? :bored:

JKru
09-19-2017, 03:03 PM

I've read this too many times now, to not make a comment - Why is this a big deal, it's not the only option to park??? That price is for the closest parking spot for the game with tailgating.

I paid for season ticket parking, red zone, and it's $25.00/game. In my same parking lot, was the general parking, and game day parking passes were being sold for $40.00.

The $100.00 was for tailgating zones. Okay, so what, that's the premium parking passes. Those were also $800-1000 for season ticket holders. Why wouldn't it be $100 for game day visitors? Nothing requires anybody to park there. It is ~4-5min walk from the red zone parking lot to the stadium.

I never owned season tickets to Qualcomm, but went to multiple games a season. My tickets at stubhub are cheaper than the cost of my single game tickets for every game I went to in SD, and my tickets are far better now.

The outcome of the Mia game was weak, but the experience was a lot of fun. I've been having a great time going to these games so far. Yelling, cheering, heckling opposing fans, the game day was fun. Sure I'm disappointed about how many opposing team fans were there, but for all the posters commenting about the imbalance of fans showing up... then buy tickets and go!!!

I bought tickets for years and went to SD for games, adding to the Chargers % of home crowd support. Now that they are in LA, you can't buy tickets and come this way. I blocked opposing fans from attending our home field...

chazdawg35
09-19-2017, 07:37 PM
This is CRAZY! I was just listening to the radio and they came on with a commercial "Chargers are in LA" than a Guy say's "Who cares" SAD!

chargertom
09-19-2017, 07:51 PM
This is CRAZY! I was just listening to the radio and they came on with a commercial "Chargers are in LA" than a Guy say's "Who cares" SAD!

You should pay attention to more than just the first 5 seconds of the commercial.

chazdawg35
09-19-2017, 08:09 PM
You should pay attention to more than just the first 5 seconds of the commercial.

Well I'm listening to KFI in the AV and they EDITED the commercial to say that, not to mention I JUST heard them trying to sell tickets to the Chiefs game Sunday saying attendance is low and tickets are still available. I guess some stations are not in it for the Fight For LA! It really sad when the Chargers have NO real support because the greed of others out weighs the Fans.

SD SneakKing
09-19-2017, 08:21 PM
I've read this too many times now, to not make a comment - Why is this a big deal, it's not the only option to park??? That price is for the closest parking spot for the game with tailgating.

I paid for season ticket parking, red zone, and it's $25.00/game. In my same parking lot, was the general parking, and game day parking passes were being sold for $40.00.

The $100.00 was for tailgating zones. Okay, so what, that's the premium parking passes. Those were also $800-1000 for season ticket holders. Why wouldn't it be $100 for game day visitors? Nothing requires anybody to park there. It is ~4-5min walk from the red zone parking lot to the stadium.

I never owned season tickets to Qualcomm, but went to multiple games a season. My tickets at stubhub are cheaper than the cost of my single game tickets for every game I went to in SD, and my tickets are far better now.

The outcome of the Mia game was weak, but the experience was a lot of fun. I've been having a great time going to these games so far. Yelling, cheering, heckling opposing fans, the game day was fun. Sure I'm disappointed about how many opposing team fans were there, but for all the posters commenting about the imbalance of fans showing up... then buy tickets and go!!!

I bought tickets for years and went to SD for games, adding to the Chargers % of home crowd support. Now that they are in LA, you can't buy tickets and come this way. I blocked opposing fans from attending our home field...

I agree. I got free tickets this weekend and was on the visitor side but still had a great time supporting the bolts. I would definitely pay to go. It was a great atmosphere!

For those complaining about parking, just park at the bus locations and take the 10 minute bus to the stadium. It's free.

Padres15
09-19-2017, 08:23 PM

You must have really got ripped off.
Either that or were sitting front row and now settle for the "cheap seats".
Seats at StubHub are not cheaper than equivalent seats at the Q.

BlueSpirit
09-19-2017, 11:36 PM

Kc doesnt travel well they live here

perryao
09-20-2017, 06:33 AM
The stadium actually carried the sound extremely well for 27k seats. I got free tickets to the visitor side but there were a few Charger fans in my row and plenty several rows up getting crazy loud on 3rd downs. It was field level though.

If I had to eyeball it, I'd say it was 60 percent Chargers to 40 percent Dolphins fans. Wasn't a true home advantage.
I was watching on tv and it seemed loud at times. For both teams. Biggest cheer was after the missed field goal.

perryao
09-20-2017, 06:39 AM
Throwing away the support of 50 years to chase money in LA. The NFL just has too much arrogance to assume that people will pay for their stadiums and automatically go to watch their 'brand' in a new place or even continue watching even if they move a team, there are other choices for people. The chargers part of the name is being linked to the price charging and how high it is - the chargers. Maybe Goodell might realise belatedly that rather than improving the NFL's image all of this just weakens it, the NFL doesn't look popular.
The NFL and Spanos did marketing studies before the move. I can't believe they are that surprised.

If I'm Spanos, and I'm driven by profit/revenue, I'm not too concerned. He had a paid crowd there.

Is it good for the players? Obviously not.

pacstud
09-20-2017, 07:03 AM
LA Mayor "doesn't want the Chargers" in LA.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/los-angeles-mayor-doesnt-even-really-want-chargers-185311487.html

AK46um
09-20-2017, 07:19 AM
I was watching on tv and it seemed loud at times. For both teams. Biggest cheer was after the missed field goal.

Biggest surprise for me was that I noticed many of the seats weren't actually seats. Bleacher benches?

SD SneakKing
09-20-2017, 08:10 AM

The Canon was inadvertently set off so some thought that kick by koo actually went through lol. There was cheering from both sides haha.

woodeye2000
09-20-2017, 09:19 AM
The Canon was inadvertently set off so some thought that kick by koo actually went through lol. There was cheering from both sides haha.

It was a perfect storm.
Savvy Dolphin fans (they travel well)
Knew the kick was wide.
Soft LAC fans hoped it split the uprights.
Everyone cheered.

The Moekid
09-20-2017, 09:54 AM
LA Mayor "doesn't want the Chargers" in LA.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/los-angeles-mayor-doesnt-even-really-want-chargers-185311487.html

It's true. LA fans weren't itching for the Chargers. And they still aren't. Could change if they win.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-attendance-plaschke-20170919-story,amp.html

packman76
09-20-2017, 10:20 AM
It's true. LA fans weren't itching for the Chargers. And they still aren't. Could change if they win.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-attendance-plaschke-20170919-story,amp.html

They better win a lot before the NBA season starts. People think the Chargers and Rams don't matter now? Just wait until the Lakers and Clippers start playing again.

The Moekid
09-20-2017, 10:36 AM
The NFL and Spanos did marketing studies before the move. I can't believe they are that surprised.

If I'm Spanos, and I'm driven by profit/revenue, I'm not too concerned. He had a paid crowd there.

Is it good for the players? Obviously not.

you're thinking very short term.

coach14
09-20-2017, 10:54 AM

That was misleading. I was there and the Charger fans cheered because they thought it was good. Only the end zone seats could tell it missed. Heck, even the cannon went off so people cheered. Then, in a cruel twist of fate, the refs signaled no good. The reason why the cheer was so loud was that both fans cheered at the same time.

JimWest
09-20-2017, 11:39 AM
They better win a lot before the NBA season starts. People think the Chargers and Rams don't matter now? Just wait until the Lakers and Clippers start playing again.

USC and UCLA are already playing, they are prime competition.

Add in the Kings and Ducks, Dodgers in the MLB playoffs, maybe the Angels.

shruggy
09-20-2017, 02:59 PM
It can get loud, as seen after good plays. The issue is getting these librarians to do anything on 3rd down before the play.

On a side note. Pretty awesome of the cannon guy to shoot the cannon as the kick went past the goals, tricking all of us to think the kick was good.

Kinda neat that the cannon guy thought of all of us, letting us hang on to thinking we've still had a chance.

marion butts
09-20-2017, 03:08 PM
That was misleading. I was there and the Charger fans cheered because they thought it was good. Only the end zone seats could tell it missed. Heck, even the cannon went off so people cheered. Then, in a cruel twist of fate, the refs signaled no good. The reason why the cheer was so loud was that both fans cheered at the same time.

i thought cannon guy sold his tickets to a dolphin fan:

SDG_Helmet
:SDG_Helmet:

shruggy
09-20-2017, 03:10 PM

As a fan residing in L.A., I welcome the team here. If they could go back to SD and lock down an agreement for a new stadium (which, yeah I know, won't happen -- unless Goodell allows the Bolts to move back without financial repercussions -- I'm sure Kroenke wouldn't mind), I'd be all for it.

If the Chargers can get back to their LT-era winning ways, then I think a fan base in L.A., and even elsewhere, will start to slowly grow. But there's no doubt that the Chargers would regain most of their fan base in SD (even though the fans at the stadium we're almost outrivaled by their opponents, as well), and the 20 people who got a permanent lightning bolt on their arm. Then maybe this circus would just end already.

shruggy
09-20-2017, 03:16 PM

Damn, and you live in Newbury Park too? (I used to live in Thousand Oaks.). You're a trooper, and sound like you'd be fun sitting alongside.

I won't be able to go the Chargers game this Sunday, as I'm still on my vacation, but hopefully can make the Eagles game. It's sad to read how the Chargers don't have fans that seem to know when to make noise and when to pipe down.

shruggy
09-20-2017, 03:20 PM
Fight for New Ownership!

Fight for a win.

Bolted
09-21-2017, 10:50 AM
Fight for a win.

My fights for something bigger :boxing:

chazdawg35
09-21-2017, 11:02 AM
I went on NFL.com and was reading an interview with Lynn, he has said this is not the same old Chargers. He is more focused on the run game as apposed to the passing attack. IMO if your going to beat the Chiefs the passing game has to be in full swing. Also the Defense has to stop Hunt and Hill or this is going to be a long sad game.

JKru
09-21-2017, 11:42 AM
Damn, and you live in Newbury Park too? (I used to live in Thousand Oaks.). You're a trooper, and sound like you'd be fun sitting alongside.

I won't be able to go the Chargers game this Sunday, as I'm still on my vacation, but hopefully can make the Eagles game. It's sad to read how the Chargers don't have fans that seem to know when to make noise and when to pipe down.

Cheers!

I grew up in NP. I actually bought a home in Camarillo a few years ago.

I'll hold down my section this weekend, and each home game there after. I'll boldly battle the sea of red around me, if it comes down to it!

shruggy
09-21-2017, 12:13 PM
Cheers!

I'll hold down my section this weekend, and each home game there after. I'll boldly battle the sea of red around me, if it comes down to it!

Congrats on the home purchase. My best friend, who grew up in Westlake Village, just bought his first home there last year as well. I like the area, and could see myself living there if I can either work from home or get a job closer...

Thanks for giving it your all at the games. We need more fans like you attending!

Chargerfreak
09-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Cheers!

JKru---Hardcore Representing.

:99:

HechoEnSanDiego
09-22-2017, 06:02 PM
This thread doesn't make sense to me. I was told for years (by JoeMcRugby) that the reason San Diego fans couldn't fill Qualcomm was because the experience was bad and the sight lines were horrible in the lower seats.

He said that everyone would show up in a new stadium for NFL games (even at much higher prices). Always happens, always will.

The fact is that there aren't 15,000 fans in LA willing to pay $200+ for premium tickets to watch the Chargers in the most intimate stadium in the NFL.

Good luck this week against the Chiefs. You better wear neon blue jerseys so the camera can try to find you in a sea of red.

HechoEnSanDiego
09-22-2017, 06:09 PM

You think that a significant number of hurricane refugees traveled 3,000+ miles to get away from the storm?

Ok.

The Moekid
09-22-2017, 06:47 PM
This thread doesn't make sense to me. I was told for years (by JoeMcRugby) that the reason San Diego fans couldn't fill Qualcomm was because the experience was bad and the sight lines were horrible in the lower seats.

He said that everyone would show up in a new stadium for NFL games (even at much higher prices). Always happens, always will.

The fact is that there aren't 15,000 fans in LA willing to pay $200+ for premium tickets to watch the Chargers in the most intimate stadium in the NFL.

Good luck this week against the Chiefs. You better wear neon blue jerseys so the camera can try to find you in a sea of red.

CMB Mods: both drinking and dispensing the kool-aid

chargertom
09-22-2017, 07:07 PM
CMB Mods: both drinking and dispensing the kool-aid

:mod: Someone call me? :mod:

chargertom
09-22-2017, 07:08 PM

You'll be there, tho, right? Backing the Bolts?

The Moekid
09-22-2017, 07:13 PM
:mod: Someone call me? :mod:

Yes please dispense some kool-aid for this weekend's game

Cyborglives
09-23-2017, 02:18 AM

Sucks but this is the new norm.. it's going to be a sad few years until we move again.
LA is just a terrible market for the Chargers (and every other team outside the raiturds).

frozendisc
09-23-2017, 07:56 AM

Pretty certain the Chargers have sold out their home games for 2017. Now don't go jumping up and down about the few (couple thousand) tickets available each week, as they are team holds.

Attendance and sales are two very different things.

The Moekid
09-23-2017, 10:04 AM
Pretty certain the Chargers have sold out their home games for 2017. Now don't go jumping up and down about the few (couple thousand) tickets available each week, as they are team holds.

Attendance and sales are two very different things.

But you have to think a lot of those sales are to San Diegans as previous season ticket holders had first crack. So the point that there are few LA Charger fans is probably right. And it's looking like a lot of those ticket sales went to brokers given the opposing team fans in the cracker box.

frozendisc
09-23-2017, 10:28 AM
But you have to think a lot of those sales are to San Diegans as previous season ticket holders had first crack. So the point that there are few LA Charger fans is probably right. And it's looking like a lot of those ticket sales went to brokers given the opposing team fans in the cracker box.

When you use the word 'probably' it eliminates his statement as a fact.

Are you of the belief that if Spanos had chosen to not offer previous (SD) season ticket holders first chance, that they would have failed to sell out ?

The Moekid
09-23-2017, 10:47 AM
When you use the word 'probably' it eliminates his statement as a fact.

Are you of the belief that if Spanos had chosen to not offer previous (SD) season ticket holders first chance, that they would have failed to sell out ?

No way of knowing whether San Diego fans would have been further insulted by that and not bought tickets. Sort of beside the point which is that Charger fans are not showing up in large numbers

frozendisc
09-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Sold out is sold out, the club has their money. I am sure the club would like to add to that money by game day sales, which requires attendance, and that seems to be eluding them to this point. Of course attendance is down across the board for the NFL if you believe the media reports. Regardless, the issue is attendance, not ticket sales.

cthommes
09-23-2017, 11:12 AM
Sold out is sold out, the club has their money. I am sure the club would like to add to that money by game day sales, which requires attendance, and that seems to be eluding them to this point. Of course attendance is down across the board for the NFL if you believe the media reports. Regardless, the issue is attendance, not ticket sales.

You don't have to believe the media reports, just watch games. Particularly ones in California.

The Moekid
09-23-2017, 11:38 AM

For the Chargers it's not just attendance but who is attending. Chiefs are off to a strong start and have a lot of buzz. I'm expecting a full D-III stadium tomorrow but the question is who will those people root for?

cthommes
09-23-2017, 01:14 PM
For the Chargers it's not just attendance but who is attending. Chiefs are off to a strong start and have a lot of buzz. I'm expecting a full D-III stadium tomorrow but the question is who will those people root for?

The real question is who the cannon guy will root for.

RCCthatsme
09-23-2017, 08:11 PM

Complain all you like but don't blame the rich.

frozendisc
09-23-2017, 10:03 PM

I suppose if you cannot have an arena full of your own fans, having it full of any fans is just as profitable. They all buy food/drink, memorabilia and such stuff, and margin is the same....Burger or Hotdog....well the hotdogs are cheap garbage so the margin is better, but Bolts stuff or Chiefs stuff is the same.

The Moekid
09-23-2017, 11:54 PM
I suppose if you cannot have an arena full of your own fans, having it full of any fans is just as profitable. They all buy food/drink, memorabilia and such stuff, and margin is the same....Burger or Hotdog....well the hotdogs are cheap garbage so the margin is better, but Bolts stuff or Chiefs stuff is the same.

You're a pro sports guy so tell me is a home field advantage important to a team's overall success?

cthommes
09-24-2017, 12:49 AM
You're a pro sports guy so tell me is a home field advantage important to a team's overall success?

I don't think home field advantage in hockey is quite the same. In hockey, you get an ACTUAL advantage at home with last substitution.

I don't think it hurts a hockey team to have the opposition take over the rink (e.g. any Kings at Ducks game)

I know you weren't asking me.

The Moekid
09-24-2017, 12:57 AM
I don't think home field advantage in hockey is quite the same. In hockey, you get an ACTUAL advantage at home with last substitution.

I don't think it hurts a hockey team to have the opposition take over the rink (e.g. any Kings at Ducks game)

Good input. I didn't know that about hockey.

I guess I need to ask a football guy

frozendisc
09-24-2017, 08:27 AM

I suppose it depends on how you define 'success'......

As cthommes pointed out, there are benefits to being the home team in the actual game of Ice Hockey, and accompanying strategies for coaching staffs and fans to debate. Which is great, and the type of conversation you want going on with the fans, as it creates interest.

If you are referring to revenue, having a strong fan base goes far beyond a singular game experience. Developing a team identity that is appealing to fans is crucial, and heavily protected by executives of the organization. Any employee that negatively impacts this image should expect a swift response from the organization.

Skywalker
09-24-2017, 09:39 AM
If Sam Darnold was the on the roster next year, I wonder how many empty seats you'd see at StubHub. I'm not throwing in the towel in for this season, but man, the Chargers continue to find ways to lose close games.

Right now, who would you rather have behind center if the Bolts were down by 5 and had 2 minutes to march 75 yards down the field, PR, or Darnold?

The Moekid
09-24-2017, 10:55 AM
If Sam Darnold was the on the roster next year, I wonder how many empty seats you'd see at StubHub. I'm not throwing in the towel in for this season, but man, the Chargers continue to find ways to lose close games.

Right now, who would you rather have behind center if the Bolts were down by 5 and had 2 minutes to march 75 yards down the field, PR, or Darnold?

Darnold is a stud. NFL scouts are predicting up to 5 QBs go in the first round next year.

Bambi'slegacy
09-24-2017, 12:37 PM
don't think it's PR. Coughing staff makes too many errors. We wouldn't have even been in a position to kick a field goal last game with their time out blunder. Well I'll be here to support the home team. Oceanside represents!

pacstud
09-24-2017, 05:30 PM
At the current rate, the Chargers will have fewer fans at all eight of their home games than even below average teams get in two home games.

HS teams out draw us and easily a hundred (two hundred?) college programs out draw us.

And I'm not even talking about the stadium. It's thousands under capacity and 40-50% opposing fans.

For all of our painful and creative losses, the move to LA may be the biggest choke job.

406 Bolt Fan
09-24-2017, 05:38 PM
I've been a Charger fan since 1979.....this is truly embarrassing . ....our team sucks, can't even put more Charger fans in the seats than the opposing team. The move to L.A. is not the answer, they don't care......and now I am feeling the same way. Either sell the franchise or just fold it up! I'm done.yes but he can also decide next week that he wants to move to LA for the 2016 season. In other words, the Chargers may have still played their last game in San Diego.

woodeye2000
09-24-2017, 05:39 PM
At the current rate, the Chargers will have fewer fans at all eight of their home games than even below average teams get in two home games.

HS teams out draw us and easily a hundred (two hundred?) college programs out draw us.

And I'm not even talking about the stadium. It's thousands under capacity and 40-50% opposing fans.

For all of our painful and creative losses, the move to LA may be the biggest choke job.

Sky's the limit.
London Calling ?

coach14
09-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Darnold is a stud. NFL scouts are predicting up to 5 QBs go in the first round next year.

"Suck for Sam!"

ChargerBlue78
09-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Sky's the limit.
London Calling ?The London Fancy Lads

Chargerfreak
09-24-2017, 06:03 PM
"Suck for Sam!"

Do I report it, or approve it ?

The Moekid
09-24-2017, 07:32 PM
The Chargers will play 8 road games this season and 8 neutral site games. No true home games. Chiefs had a good crowd today. I'd guess 40-45%

Bolt4Life
09-24-2017, 11:20 PM
Fans were great and loud today. Well done Bolts Fans! Even the media members tweeted about it. Much different then last week.

The Moekid
09-25-2017, 08:34 AM
Fans were great and loud today. Well done Bolts Fans! Even the media members tweeted about it. Much different then last week.

Yep. Nice crowd. Still a neutral site environment.

pacstud
09-25-2017, 08:50 AM
So much red. This wasn't the network showing the opponent's "section" either. There was at least 40% (I'm being conservative) Chef fans.

And tons of empty seats.

I am glad that the 13k Charger fans who showed up were loud though.

The Moekid
09-25-2017, 08:55 AM
The Chargers will play 8 road games this season and 8 neutral site games. No true home games. Chiefs had a good crowd today. I'd guess 40-45%

So much red. This wasn't the network showing the opponent's "section" either. There was at least 40% (I'm being conservative) Chef fans.

And tons of empty seats.

I am glad that the 13k Charger fans who showed up were loud though.

Yep. The empty seats are the most expensive ones on the Chargers side of the field. Weird. Or not.

ChargerBlue78
09-25-2017, 09:18 AM
https://twitter.com/kellerweiler/status/912097483072794625/video/1

https://twitter.com/calebwilds/status/912054010093330432/video/1

pacstud
09-25-2017, 09:39 AM
https://twitter.com/kellerweiler/status/912097483072794625/video/1

https://twitter.com/calebwilds/status/912054010093330432/video/1

Not a lot to argue about.

titan05
09-25-2017, 09:44 AM
I went to the padre game yesterday and they actually had 25,000 plus....asked some people if it was strange not to have the chargers and almost everyone of them said
" gotta support the home team"

That pretty much summed it up....the Chargers will never be the "home" team in LA but at least they had a fan base in SD

perryao
09-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Not a lot to argue about.

True. Can't even argue about which tweeter is hotter. haha.

woodeye2000
09-25-2017, 06:27 PM

Favorable location of the bench for two periods is another factor.

JimWest
09-25-2017, 10:22 PM

The home ice benefit of the last line change does not seem to be much of an advantage. There were a very surprising number of road team wins in the Cup playoffs.

I have attributed more road team wins, both regular season and the playoffs, to changing home unis from the home whites to road colors.

cthommes
09-25-2017, 11:17 PM
Favorable location of the bench for two periods is another factor.

Err... What?

cthommes
09-25-2017, 11:18 PM
The home ice benefit of the last line change does not seem to be much of an advantage. There were a very surprising number of road team wins in the Cup playoffs.

I have attributed more road team wins, both regular season and the playoffs, to changing home unis from the home whites to road colors.

Err... What?

woodeye2000
09-26-2017, 02:08 AM
JimWest & Eye
Are hockey purists.

cthommes
09-26-2017, 05:05 AM
JimWest & Eye
Are hockey purists.

Should we change the thread title to Chargers fans at the Coliseum?

ChargersNorway
09-26-2017, 02:06 PM
Hi guys!

Iíve in a frustrated rage over the start of the season, written about our franchise and the state of it from my eyes. With some ideas and thoughts coming from my experience with European soccer amongst other. Didnít really know where to post it, but figured this thread was as good as any.

It's a lot, and it's a little weird. Especially the fact that a guy who hasnít even been to StubHub, or Qualcomm, or LA, SD or even the US has any idea about anything football related, but I sincerely mean no disrespect to either the loyal fans here, the Chargers franchise or the NFL. I'm simply annoyed, disappointed and embarrassed at the state of things and thought I could share my ideas and questions with you.

A lot of the stuff under here is things that itís too late to do something about this year, but maybe it could be changed in the future. Some things may be plain wrong, or you may completely disagree with it, in that case please let me know! Iím hoping for a lot of response.

The seating.

Let the away fans have their own section in the stands. This is something I have always found strange with the NFL compared to soccer. I mean, itís a serious problem when your home stadium is 25-50% away fans. This is completely unacceptable and a huge disadvantage for our team. I understand the US have some different viewpoint on this and would love to hear more about it in detail from you guys. But our stadium is sold out, right? For every game? Does this mean local season ticket holders sell their tickets to away fans? Why in the world don't we/Spanos simply just say: "hey, let's try something new. Let's make our home stadium OUR GROUND. Stuff the away-fans in a corner together, with 2000-4000 tickets at max.Ē Let the rest of the stands be blue and yellow. And make it clear that wearing away colors and making away "noise" is not tolerated in the home field section. I'm not saying theyíre not allowed, but let's win this field back. Where I come from this is done for several reasons, and to make it safer is the most obvious one. If your wife is a fan of the away team, of course she should be allowed to sit next to you in the home field section with an away team cap and enjoy the game. But she shouldn't be allowed if sheís fully dressed in away team-colors and screams the entire game.

Win the fans over!

Why in the world don't we/Spanos reach out to the young people of this world (LA) and try to win them over? Give thousands of tickets to local high-schools and elementary(?) schools. Give them a great time, give them a stadium tour before the game, a handshake with some old legends, let them watch a training session with our players, give them free white towels to use on game day and blue t-shirts that say "CHARGE!" on the chest. Make them clearly visible in the stands. Make sure the cameras get them on screen showing what a class franchise we are becoming, by donating free tickets to young fans and giving them the time of their life. These youngsters would be fans for life. (This might be considered child abuse since the life as a Chargers fan is painfulÖ) This is what I need to see to believe our franchise are fighting for us and for LA.

I donít mean it like: ďHey, letís just give away some random tickets to get some positive publicity guysĒ. I mean, do it cause itís the right thing to do, and if we continue to act great and do things like this, the publicity will be great. Get 25.000 small flags with lightning-bolt logos, put them on every seat for every game. They have the money to do it, Iím sure. People would proudly take the flags home with them, hang them in their windows, in their cars, take pictures with them and put them on Instagram and Facebook while smiling. It would help us grow as a franchise. Why not?! I mean, this franchise has serious problems with its credibility. I remember when I was 7-12 years old and our local soccer team where I grew up played for about a 1000 people each week. They were bad. But I loved those guys so much, I attended soccer camps and did everything I could to get autographs. One guy was a part time soccer player and part time butcher, another guy was a carpenter. But if my father and I met one of them in the grocery-store, oh boy, it was what I suppose like meeting Joe Montana or JJ Watt for a young NFL today is. Seriously, it's so easy to win fans for life by simply treating them like humans and putting a smile on their face. Let's win us some fans, cause guys, we really, really need it. You want to charge $10 for a hot dog? Great! Superb! But how about charging $1 if you are wearing a Chargers-jersey?

ChargersNorway
09-26-2017, 02:06 PM
How do we present ourselves?

I would love if we used our powder-blue jerseys full time, it's kind of weird that they're our alternates, while the navy blue are our home jerseys and we actually use white jerseys at home. How do you feel about this? Is it perfect the way it is? Can someone please explain in debt? Cause as I see it, the powder blue is worldwide recognized as the most beautiful NFL jersey. And honestly, I don’t know who we are. What is our identity? All I know is we don’t know what we are doing, we are becoming famous for losing in horrible ways, everyone laughs at us or even worse, they pity us. We need to create a class team, let’s stop doing things halfway and put ourselfs on the map as a dedicated team with pinpoint accuracy in every little detail of our franchise. Like the field/pitch yesterday. Everything looks so incredibly halfway and amateur. Where is our team’s colors in the end zones? Why is it so cold and boring? Are we not allowed to paint thoroughly because it’s also a football field? Do we not have the technology to clean it up again? Or is it because we believe that is looks cleaner and better? I know other teams also do this.

Noise.

This is something I only know about from watching our games on TV and reading online, so have that in mind when you read my ramblings. This is how it appears to me as a fan far, far away from the real life of StubHub. I’m guessing you guys have some great input here.

But where is our LA Chargers chants and songs and do we have an insane crazy speaker that screams and fires us up? The few London games I have been too has all been great shows of high class in addition to the game itself, cannons firing, flames flaming (amazing wordage) and the speaker screaming every play going: "Iiiiiiiiit's thiiiiiiiird dooooown, MAKE SOME NOISE!!" making 80.000 neutral English fans shout like crazy. Chargers run for 1 yard? Thunder! Chargers complete a pass? Thunder!! Chargers complete a tackle? You know what? THUNDER!!! We are the thunderbolts and lightning! Ever heard about Norse Mythology and the God “Thor/Tor with the hammer”? The God of thunder and lightning? Hey, I'm Norwegian, I know what I'm talking about here! Let's shove some thunder on their asses. Score a TD? Make the stadium explode with thunder and flashes so much and loud that the power goes out in downtown LA. I'm sure there are some limitations here and we certainly don’t want to give thousands of people epileptic seizures, but you get the point. Let's get creative! There is a huge room for improvements. We need to give our fans a real show, an experience! At least when we are delivering nothing on the field. I'm certainly not buying into stories about this stuff being put on hold to when our new stadium comes. But please let me know if stuff like this has been mentioned by the media/fans/franchise before. I would love to read about it. The foundation for our future starts now, and at the looks of things, we are losing, badly. How come we are in a new city and I haven't heard a single new song? I can't put on "San Diego Super Chargers" on gameday. That’s just depressing. We should have a couple (at least one?!) songs that all fans know, want to sing together, that gets played at the stadium and goes constantly on the radio on gameday. Songs to sing with your children in the car on the way to the stadium. Create the atmosphere.

How cool isn't it when the Jets fans go J-E-T-S or Eagles fans sings "Fly Eagles Fly" after a TD. (Or when they did it at the NFL draft) When everybody screams/sings. I love stuff like that. A couple of years back, after my first live NFL game in London I went to a local pub with my brother to watch the San Diego Chargers play on TV. At this pub, I met a group of English Chargers fans and it was absolutely awesome to beat the Dallas Cowboys that day. It was then, and still is to this day, the only time in my life I’ve had other Chargers fans to sing with, and talk with while watching a game. “Dutudurutudutuduuu CHARGE!” We owned that pub, and we owned that game. And we bonded over Chargers and songs, amongst other things. Just like Chiefs fans bond over pretending to hit their toe in a piece of furniture going: “OoooOooooOooooh” and chopping their arm asking for a first down. (Isn’t that what they’re doing?) or Saints fans shouting “Who dat say they gonna beat dem Saints”.

My conclusion: we have the biggest opportunity in NFL history to create something even better, prouder and more unifying than what any of these other teams have. Cause in theory, if there’s a "general" attending-mix at the games of 50% normal home fans, 25% hardcore home fans, 15% away fans and 10% neutral fans in a 80.000 seat stadium, we theoretically should have a possibility of having like 80% ++ hardcore home fans at our games these next couple seasons. Simply because there shouldn’t be enough tickets for everyone. (My number are taken from thin air) And the most hardcore fans will always find a way to get a ticket. Instead, almost nobody wants to see us. And who can blame them? The delivered product is bad, well bad is a humongous understatement. It’s horrifying. Awful. But who is to blame? Spanos? For what he has done or not done as the top boss? The players and coaches? Giving us the same heartbreaking losing crap year in and year out? Getting worse by the years? The people of LA for not showing up and supporting us, selling tickets to away fans?

It's a bad situation for the players and for the fans. But we must find a way to work this out, together. Or is it much simpler? Is it just winning and playing better and going 10-6 and suddenly there will be 80.000 shouting Chargers fans in blue in the new stadium? What are your guys viewpoints on these things?

PhilaBoltster
09-29-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm hearing a lot of Eagle fans made the trip to LA. Get ready for the vast majority of the fans wearing green at the minor league stadium on Sunday.

Boltnut
09-29-2017, 07:55 PM
I'm hearing a lot of Eagle fans made the trip to LA. Get ready for the vast majority of the fans wearing green at the minor league stadium on Sunday.

I noticed a month ago that the secondary tickets (Stub Hub) had been purchased for this game more so than other games. I expect a sea of green (and I aint talking about Spanos' cash).

The Moekid
09-30-2017, 02:37 PM
There are probably 12,000 solid Charger fans with season tickets. Another batch of casual fans and lots of brokers. Unless this team wins it will be a neutral site environment. Coming out of the gate and losing 2 home games doesn't help.

JimWest
09-30-2017, 06:53 PM
There are probably 12,000 solid Charger fans with season tickets. Another batch of casual fans and lots of brokers. Unless this team wins it will be a neutral site environment. Coming out of the gate and losing 2 home games doesn't help.

Moe, from reading the CMB, I was under the impression that virtually all 27,000 seats were scooped up by Chargers season ticket holders. There were supposed to be almost no opposing fans able to get into games at SH. From what you have posted, that seems to be in error.

pacstud
09-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Moe, from reading the CMB, I was under the impression that virtually all 27,000 seats were scooped up by Chargers season ticket holders. There were supposed to be almost no opposing fans able to get into games at SH. From what you have posted, that seems to be in error.

Moe is never in error. It's all roses.:flypig:

chargertom
09-30-2017, 10:11 PM
It's obvious Moe has made at least one error.

See blue plastic bag for evidence.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 12:05 AM

Moe is never in error. It's all roses.:flypig:

It's obvious Moe has made at least one error.

See blue plastic bag for evidence.

Calm down folks. These are just one Charger fans observations of the attendance so far at stubhub. I will update tomorrow. Boltnut is predicting a big Eagles turn out. The Chiefs had an impressive crowd as well

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 06:10 PM
One of the worst game day experiences I've had as a Charger fan. Eagles fans turned out and were on it from the jump. Couldn't even get into it with them. I'd say it was 60/40 eagles fans and that's conservative. Much more like an Eagles home game today.

pacstud
10-01-2017, 06:15 PM
One of the worst game day experiences I've had as a Charger fan. Eagles fans turned out and were on it from the jump. Couldn't even get into it with them. I'd say it was 60/40 eagles fans and that's conservative. Much more like an Eagles home game today.

Sorry Moe, that sucks.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Sorry Moe, that sucks.

Disgusted by the organization right now

cthommes
10-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Disgusted by the organization right now

I with you The Moekid. Real hard to keep on keeping on at this point.

It may be Not For Long for me with this sport.

Releived the Kings open Thursday.

pacstud
10-01-2017, 06:52 PM

SDSU bandwagon for me. I may be a Husker by trade, but SDSU was what I did on Saturdays growing up.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 07:03 PM
SDSU bandwagon for me. I may be a Husker by trade, but SDSU was what I did on Saturdays growing up.

My dad went to sdsu and had tickets as far back as when Coryell was there. Fun times. Glad to see them doing well. Would love to see that program grow into something special for SD football fans

pacstud
10-01-2017, 07:05 PM
My dad went to sdsu and had tickets as far back as when Coryell was there. Fun times. Glad to see them doing well. Would love to see that program grow into something special for SD football fans

100%

Sad, but I've also taken to EPL, watching Arsenal. It's surprisingly fun, though the viewing times aren't usually the best.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 07:07 PM
100%

Sad, but I've also taken to EPL, watching Arsenal. It's surprisingly fun, though the viewing times aren't usually the best.

I like the EPL. Amazing how nice it is to watch a sport without commercial interruptions.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 07:08 PM

Maybe the Lakers will be worth watching this year?

pacstud
10-01-2017, 07:10 PM

Would provide something.

I'm always hopeful the Pads won't keep selling their assets.

cthommes
10-01-2017, 07:10 PM

Could be. But the NBA disenfranchised me before the Lakers did.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-01-2017, 09:05 PM

My son and I were hoarse by the 3d quarter.

But every time we had an ounce of reason to get the crowd with us, the Chargers would give up some piss poor play.

AND -- MOST IMPORTANTLY -- when Rivers acts like a 4 year old, and gives up on his team, his coaches, and his fans, what the heck are we supposed to do????

I don't give one iota of one bowel movement of what Pac says -- it's time to bench Rivers.

It WAS time to trade him, but we didn't. Good grief it would be nice to have Mariota and 2 first round picks from the last year or two, instead of Rivers. And yes, I remember how much grief those of us who advocated that took on this message board.

I'm back, and I'll be your huckleberry!

cthommes
10-01-2017, 09:11 PM

But every time we had an ounce of reason to get the crowd with us, the Charges would give up some piss poor play.

AND -- MOST IMPORTANTLY -- when Rivers acts like a 4 year old, and gives up on his team, his coaches, and his fans, what the heck are we supposed to do????

I don't give one iota of one bowel movement of what Pac says -- it's time to bench Rivers.

It WAS time to trade him, but we didn't. Good grief it would be nice to have Mariota and 2 first round picks from the last year or two, instead of Rivers. And yes, I remember how much grief those of us who advocated that took on this message board.

Welcome back! Rivers already has his bench him thread. As does Gordon. I've only got 20 more to start.

Soon.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Welcome back! Rivers already has his bench him thread. As does Gordon. I've only got 20 more to start.

Soon.

I know.

And thank you.

I've had enough. And I decided today not to cede this board to moderators who root against the Chargers. If I can do it in person to Iggles fans, I sure as heck can do it on here to mods who have lost their way.

pacstud
10-01-2017, 09:33 PM
I know.

And thank you.

I've had enough. And I decided today not to cede this board to moderators who root against the Chargers. If I can do it in person to Iggles fans, I sure as heck can do it on here to mods who have lost their way.

What are you ranting about?

Please don't play the "I'm a bigger fan than you" card.

I've watched every game, I'm still here. I didn't adopt another team or start bragging about our losses, so let it be.

It is not the right move to bench Rivers.

What on this green earth does that have to do with moderators or Iggles fans?

We disagree, no more, no less.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-01-2017, 09:39 PM
What are you ranting about?

Please don't play the "I'm a bigger fan than you" card. I'm not, Pac. Nice red herring.

I've watched every game, I'm still here. I didn't adopt another team or start bragging about our losses, so let it be. Really? Does that mean that you also didn't indulge in enjoying Chargers' misfortunes?

It is not the right move to bench Rivers. Why not,exactly?More importantly, what is your long game?

What on this green earth does that have to do with moderators or Iggles fans? This is an easy one. On this board, we've had a moderator -- you, to be specific -- who has enjoyed trashing the team. For a while. Thus, my statement, that if I can stand up to hundreds of Miami, and Philly, fans, in person, on behalf of the Bolts, I sure as heck can stand up to someone on this board.

We disagree, no more, no less.

Sure, Pac. You bet.

PaulCrewe
10-01-2017, 09:41 PM
To salvage this mess the team should probably change name and colors next year. Start over, too many SD memories and bad blood to keep reminding everyone.

Maybe LA Gladiators, black and red? Oh, and draft that Darnold kid...

You're welcome Dean...

pacstud
10-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Sure, Pac. You bet.

I "indulged" in Charger misfortunes? I "trash" the team?

You want to talk about Rivers, fine, that's football. But let's stay there, eh?

What's really happening is I've been negative about negative things. I've been calling the team the way I see it. NEWS FLASH: We're bad.

You don't like it, fine. But look around, I'm in the majority. A LOT of bashing of the team going on. That's what four losses does.

Don't make it personal. We have so few fans as it is.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-01-2017, 09:46 PM
I "indulged" in Charger misfortunes?

Come back tomorrow man, you and I are both better than this.

You want to talk about Rivers, fine, that's football. But let's stay there, eh?

Fine.

We can talk again in any format. The threads, the pm's, text, or phone.

I'm game.

I just know that I am 100% tired of what's going on. On the field, and off of it, when it comes to Chargers world.

pacstud
10-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Fine.

We can talk again in any format. The threads, the pm's, text, or phone.

I'm game.

I just know that I am 100% tired of what's going on. On the field, and off of it, when it comes to Chargers world.
We all are. It's Gilbride/Riley bad right now.

My one victory today was my 12 year old son telling me (as we played catch after the game), "the Chargers suck, but they're still my team." Kid has lived his entire life in Nebraska and Texas, fiercely loyal to the Bolts. I taught him loyalty I guess.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 10:08 PM

But every time we had an ounce of reason to get the crowd with us, the Chargers would give up some piss poor play.

Welcome back.

First of all, pace yourself. You can't be hoarse by the third quarter. These games are won and lost in the 4th.

Second, how bad was it in your section? I would say my section was close to 85% eagles fans and it was rough.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Welcome back.

First of all, pace yourself. You can't be hoarse by the third quarter. These games are won and lost in the 4th.

Second, how bad was it in your section? I would say my section was close to 85% eagles fans and it was rough.

Mine was worse. Know why? Because we had Philly fans who were loud (as they should be), but Chargers fans who didn't want to upset them. Who wanted to make friends with them. Kiss their asses.

A Chargers fan across the aisle from us, for example, said to the Iggle fan in front of him "we're not all like them"; because we were making noise on 3d down.

I wanted to beat the crap out of that Chargers fan far more than any Eagles fan I saw. Instead, I just called him out several times over the rest of the game.. . . .

This is all nuts, folks. Do we even know how to actually be fans??

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 10:55 PM
We all are. It's Gilbride/Riley bad right now.

My one victory today was my 12 year old son telling me (as we played catch after the game), "the Chargers suck, but they're still my team." Kid has lived his entire life in Nebraska and Texas, fiercely loyal to the Bolts. I taught him loyalty I guess.

You gave him the virus. Congrats

pacstud
10-01-2017, 11:01 PM
You gave him the virus. Congrats

Shouldn't have, but what's done is done.

cthommes
10-01-2017, 11:02 PM
It's not a huge curiosity now that i think about it. I have a theory.

One time i sat in club at the Q. Awesome food, drink, in seat service, and fantastic view of the game. Very polite fans. I got many dirty looks trying to make noise. Many. Never wanted to sit in club again.

Stubhub is all club. The LA Chargers have no blue collar fans.

pacstud
10-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Stubhub is all club.

This should be the 2018 slogan.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-01-2017, 11:05 PM

One time i sat in club at the Q. Awesome food, drink, in seat service, and fantastic view of the game. Very polite fans. I got many dirty looks trying to make noise. Many. Never wanted to sit in club again.

Don't say "none". They have some.

But in general, you are spot on.

If I get the notion to do a lot of typing, I'll tell you some things that ABSOLUTELY buttress your assertion.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 11:21 PM

It's a theory. It will be worse in Kroenke world.

I think it's more casual fans in LA. They're not Chargers fans they just wanted to see the NFL. If the Chargers were 4-0 they could win em over. At O-4 they're lost. I know a guy like that. Bought the tickets because he likes the game. Roots for the Chargers but doesn't put himself out too much. He happens to be from Philly and I saw him today with a McNabb jersey on

cthommes
10-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Don't say "none". They have some.

But in general, you are spot on.

If I get the notion to do a lot of typing, I'll tell you some things that ABSOLUTELY buttress your assertion.

Yes, guilty of my own pet peeve with the absolute.

cthommes
10-01-2017, 11:25 PM
It's a theory. It will be worse in Kroenke world.

I think it's more casual fans in LA. They're not Chargers fans they just wanted to see the NFL. If the Chargers were 4-0 they could win em over. At O-4 they're lost. I know a guy like that. Bought the tickets because he likes the game. Roots for the Chargers but doesn't put himself out too much. He happens to be from Philly and I saw him today with a McNabb jersey on

We aren't new enough for the novelty. The Rams got all those who just wanted to see the NFL.

We got brokers. In spite of all that we were told would be done to prevent it, we got brokers.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 11:29 PM
We aren't new enough for the novelty. The Rams got all those who just wanted to see the NFL.

We got brokers. In spite of all that we were told would be done to prevent it, we got brokers.

Looks like it. Eagles had a home game today. Way over 50% of the wcrowd. I conservatively put it at 60/40 eagles. Others are saying 75/25.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 11:37 PM
Ace says it was 70%. Worst home crowd since Raiders last season. Rivers says he anxious to get on the road.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/columnists/kevin-acee/sd-sp-acee-chargers-eagles-1002-story,amp.html

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Chargers/Spanos getting trolled pretty hard on twitter by national sports people.

The Moekid
10-01-2017, 11:53 PM

So neither of our theories are correct?

cthommes
10-02-2017, 12:02 AM
So neither of our theories are correct?

Maybe they both are, with brokers on top of it all.

John-F
10-02-2017, 08:22 AM
In my section it was also mostly Eagles fans. I've seen the same effect last year when I attended Rams games. Many of the Eagles fans around me flew out from the east coast and made going to the game part of a several day vacation to California. In addition, many people in LA are from other parts of the country and still root for their team. Add to that, people in LA will support a team if it wins. Last year, attendance for the Rams fell off significantly as their poor performance continued from week to week.

It's unfortunate but seems like a perfect storm impacting the Chargers. I see it only getting worse unless they fix things, and in my opinion that starts with the coaching staff, which I posted in another thread.

woodeye2000
10-02-2017, 08:39 AM
We reconnoireted.
The insurgency has bogged down.
Air support will be called in.

JimWest
10-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Ace says it was 70%. Worst home crowd since Raiders last season. Rivers says he anxious to get on the road.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/columnists/kevin-acee/sd-sp-acee-chargers-eagles-1002-story,amp.html

I read that article. He won't find the atmosphere at Met Life very welcoming. The Giants season may be about lost, too; they are desperate for a win, and are tough at home. The NYG fans are very loud and vocal. I'll be able to see this game , as it is on NY metro TV.

The Moekid
10-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Chargers Eagles was 5th out of 5 in terms of LA tv ratings. Even the 6:30am London game that was a total snooze fest got better ratings in LA

The Moekid
10-02-2017, 11:46 PM
I read that article. He won't find the atmosphere at Met Life very welcoming. The Giants season may be about lost, too; they are desperate for a win, and are tough at home. The NYG fans are very loud and vocal. I'll be able to see this game , as it is on NY metro TV.

It's a road game so they will expect a hostile crowd. Little different when you have a hostile crowd at home

pacstud
10-03-2017, 07:29 AM
It's a road game so they will expect a hostile crowd. Little different when you have a hostile crowd at home

This arrangement has almost no parallel in sports.

Bolton Wanderers I guess.

The Moekid
10-03-2017, 08:53 AM
This arrangement has almost no parallel in sports.

Bolton Wanderers I guess.

Not for a home team. Only thing I would compare is Neutral site games. College bowl games, NCAA tourney, maybe London.

Rivers had to stop himself from commenting onit Sunday. He's obviously pissed about it. Among other things

Witty Name
10-03-2017, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=John-F;4770033]In my section it was also mostly Eagles fans. I've seen the same effect last year when I attended Rams games. Many of the Eagles fans around me flew out from the east coast and made going to the game part of a several day vacation to California. In addition, many people in LA are from other parts of the country and still root for their team. Add to that, people in LA will support a team if it wins. Last year, attendance for the Rams fell off significantly as their poor performance continued from week to week.

Doubling the price of season tickets to recoup the loss of seats was an incredibly foolish strategic error. When I signed up to purchase season tickets, I was thinking my max would be 4 seats for $4K if good seats were available. It turned out those seats were over $3.5K each! How many "fans" decided to pass on purchasing season tickets? So who gets the tickets? Corporate, brokers and fans trying to supplement their purchase. Who uses these tickets? For the corporate seats it is the employees and clients who pick the games when their favorite teams come to town. Or just casual football fans. The brokers just licked their chops when they saw the prices of the tickets. That meant more tickets would be available. The brokers KNOW how many fans from the opposing team will be needing tickets. If there were 15K of Eagles fans at the Murph, it did not mean there would be 15/60 or 25% of Eagles fans at Stubhub. It meant there would be 15K Eagle fans at Stubhub or 50% or more. First there is all the traveling Eagle fans and then all the transplants. The 50% premium or more on expensive broker tickets is an acceptable cost for fans shelling out for ONE game. They do it every year in every market. The brokers know it and it is literally down to a science. As for the fans, it may make sense to at least sell some of their tickets to recoup their costs. They still can guarantee themselves a few games at cost and even reduce that cost by selling some games at a premium (Raiders, Eagles, etc).

The Charger front office made their money this year but the big picture is 3 years at Stubhub and a new stadium in 2020. I would love to be a fly on the wall at corporate as the lawyers, managers and Spanos family gnash their teeth over the debacle of Eagles fans taking over the stadium. And then there is that little problem of the NFL peaking and losing viewership. That is scaring the owners more than anything. Sometimes you don't know you were on top until you are on your way down.

Go Bolts!

JimWest
10-03-2017, 11:08 AM

In the pre season period, some on the CMB believed the Chargers would have a distinct home field advantage in LA. That was supposedly based upon the SD season ticket holders having bought up the 27,000 seats. I did not believe this team would have a true home field in LA. Many more transplants than San Diego, and the Chargers are not desired in Los Angeles by most of the fanbase. As it now apparent, most in the LA metro area already have their team loyalties in place for other teams, or they are Rams fans.

I AMazing I
10-03-2017, 11:19 AM
In the pre season period, some on the CMB believed the Chargers would have a distinct home field advantage in LA. That was supposedly based upon the SD season ticket holders having bought up the 27,000 seats. I did not believe this team would have a true home field in LA. Many more transplants than San Diego, and the Chargers are not desired in Los Angeles by most of the fanbase. As it now apparent, most in the LA metro area already have their team loyalties in place for other teams, or they are Rams fans.

It's hilarious. It's become one of my favorite things -- watching Charger games and seeing the Chargers in away jerseys while the away team wears the home jersey and has the home field greeting from the fans.

ChargingBolts
10-03-2017, 11:56 AM
It is what it is, but it stinks it has to be this way.

18k to 20k Eagles fans and 7k to 9k Chargers fans at a "home" game. I don't want the Chargers to have to play all these road games. It may be what Spanos deserves but not the players.

No free agents will want to come to the Chargers to play all road games.

There are still Charger fans out there that want them to succeed. I would love to see us all pool together and make 8 road trip games a year and have hopefully around 10k of us at all their road games, it would be cheaper and better than paying Spanos $250 for the ticket and $100 for the parking.

titan05
10-03-2017, 12:08 PM
The players, with the exception of a few, only play for the name on the back of the jersey

The Moekid
10-03-2017, 12:21 PM

you were right JimWest.

18k to 20k Eagles fans and 7k to 9k Chargers fans at a "home" game. I don't want the Chargers to have to play all these road games. It may be what Spanos deserves but not the players.

There are still Charger fans out there that want them to succeed. I would love to see us all pool together and make 8 road trip games a year and have hopefully around 10k of us at all their road games, it would be cheaper and better than paying Spanos $250 for the ticket and $100 for the parking.

you are right. it is what it is. they'll get the free agents they either overpay or those who have no other choice. 'ello Cleveland!

woodeye2000
10-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Is this glass of koolaid half full or half empty ?

Can't tell...

The Moekid
10-03-2017, 12:59 PM
More from Acee on Sunday Eagles game and Goodell's visit.

Tv ratings for Sunday's game were a 3.2. Possibly lowest ever for a home team in its market.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/columnists/kevin-acee/sd-sp-chargers-ratings-nfl-committed-la-1004-story,amp.html

JimWest
10-03-2017, 07:55 PM
It's hilarious. It's become one of my favorite things -- watching Charger games and seeing the Chargers in away jerseys while the away team wears the home jersey and has the home field greeting from the fans.

The cheers for the Eagles and booing for the Chargers at the start was a bit surprising.

The NFL is weird with the jersey; in most sports (except now the also weird NHL) the home team wear white. Sometimes the home team will choose the white jersey if it is a hot day. The Chargers have worn white jerseys at home on occasion.

pacstud
10-03-2017, 09:16 PM

Tv ratings for Sunday's game were a 3.2. Possibly lowest ever for a home team in its market.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/columnists/kevin-acee/sd-sp-chargers-ratings-nfl-committed-la-1004-story,amp.html

I couldn't figure out the point = x # of sets thingie, but it seemed LA still outwatched SD and that overall the numbers were pathetic (or beyond pathetic).

Unless Goddell starts fixing games for us to win, this "build a fanbase" stuff seems myopic at best, delusional at worst.

Clint Beastwood
10-03-2017, 10:42 PM
order of popularity among LA "Fans" ?

1. Raiders
2. Rams
3. Whatever city the transplant is from
4. Bandwagon Placeholder
5. The LA Chargers

dtm
10-04-2017, 03:24 PM
dude it wasnt any better for chargers when they were in SD. It was maaaaaaaaaaybe 50-60% chargers fans at the Q on a good day the last few years.

dtm
10-04-2017, 03:26 PM
order of popularity among LA "Fans" ?

1. Raiders
2. Rams
3. Whatever city the transplant is from
4. Bandwagon Placeholder
5. The LA Chargers

a slew of things come before #5 trust me. Chargers are going thru what the Clippers have gone thru for over 20 years. The only reason clippers got that 10% fan base in LA now is because the Lakers tanked, and Clippers got CP3. Now that's all gone again.

In short, until the chargers win consistently, the guy selling dirty dogs outside the stadium will be more popular than the chargers.

The Moekid
10-04-2017, 10:04 PM
dude it wasnt any better for chargers when they were in SD. It was maaaaaaaaaaybe 50-60% chargers fans at the Q on a good day the last few years.

When the owner of the team is actively trying to leave, the locals aren't as supportive. It was only the last year and sporadically the year before that visiting fans made their presence felt.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-04-2017, 11:26 PM

You could always go to a game. You know, with the tix you bought.

That you claimed were going to use.

But that you want to sell now, since your "plans have changed."

Reminds me of when you tried to hawk the FREE tix you got to the Chargers draft party. I remember you ended up eating those, rather than giving them away.

And your numbers about the Eagles fans vs Chargers fans are WAY, WAY, off base, BTW.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-04-2017, 11:28 PM

There's something nobody's mentioned about this.

THE CABLE GUIDES LISTED THAT THE CHARGERS GAME WOULD NOT BE SHOWN IN LA OR OC.

Kind of a big deal. I wanted to record the game. Saw that it wasn't on. Others I know left to go do things other than watch TV, when they saw that the Chargers game wasn't going to be on.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-04-2017, 11:30 PM
The NFL is weird with the jersey; in most sports (except now the also weird NHL) the home team wear white. Sometimes the home team will choose the white jersey if it is a hot day. The Chargers have worn white jerseys at home on occasion.

You haven't figured it out yet? There is nothing at all "weird" about it.

Baseball and basketball "get to" wear white at home.

Football and hockey "get to" wear their colors at home.

Been this way for a LONG time. Home teams now get to choose, but most, in all those sports, go with the tradition I described.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-04-2017, 11:32 PM

This is untrue. By a lot.

ChargingBolts
10-05-2017, 03:14 AM
You could always go to a game. You know, with the tix you bought.

That you claimed were going to use.

But that you want to sell now, since your "plans have changed."

Reminds me of when you tried to hawk the FREE tix you got to the Chargers draft party. I remember you ended up eating those, rather than giving them away.

And your numbers about the Eagles fans vs Chargers fans are WAY, WAY, off base, BTW.

wow a true tough guy ... i'm impressed ... how much for your autograph kiddo? I've been to every home game this year ... even the Rams game ... btw didn't eat any tix ... and no I'm not way way off it was minimum 70% Eagles fans there, do the math and you'll see that I am right ... too da loo hero

The Moekid
10-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Once again, the networks have bumped this game in LA and a local cable channel will carry it. Kcal-9. Last week it got bumped and channel 13 carried it.

pacstud
10-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Once again, the networks have bumped this game in LA and a local cable channel will carry it. Kcal-9. Last week it got bumped and channel 13 carried it.

At least no blackouts, right?

I'm sure that'll hold when we're renting Kroenke's digs.

cthommes
10-05-2017, 10:32 AM

I think this is less about bumping, and more about NFL broadcasting rules. This week CBS does not have the double header, but carries both rams and chargers games.

Last week FOX did not have the double header, but carried both the rams and chargers games.

I think this is always the solution when two teams in one market are on a schedule that results in mutually exclusive contractual obligations.

I guess what is telling, and maybe is what you're getting at, is that the networks have opted for the rams in both cases. Not surprising.

The Moekid
10-05-2017, 10:36 AM
I think this is less about bumping, and more about NFL broadcasting rules. This week CBS does not have the double header, but carries both rams and chargers games.

Last week FOX did not have the double header, but carried both the rams and chargers games.

I think this is always the solution when two teams in one market are on a schedule that results in mutually exclusive contractual obligations.

I guess what is telling, and maybe is what you're getting at, is that the networks have opted for the rams in both cases. Not surprising.

could be. I don't know the broadcasting rules

woodeye2000
10-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Chargers need to start games out strong at Stub Hub, to quiet the crowd noise down, just like road games.

JimWest
10-05-2017, 12:03 PM
You haven't figured it out yet? There is nothing at all "weird" about it.

Baseball and basketball "get to" wear white at home.

Football and hockey "get to" wear their colors at home.

Been this way for a LONG time. Home teams now get to choose, but most, in all those sports, go with the tradition I described.

Yeah, it is weird. Home whites are the standard in virtually all sports levels, with the notable exception of football. College BB teams wear white at home, and in the NCAA tournament, the higher seeds wear the "home" whites, or a light color.

The NHL pre-1970 wore colors at home. They changed to home whites in 1970, which continued until 2003, when they changed again to home colors. It had been changed to home whites so that the different colors of the various teams could be seen. That made sense.

Having the home team always wear its one color, and the road team always wear white is monotonous. It always looks the same, and one cannot tell one road team from another anymore, since they all wear white.

The Moekid
10-06-2017, 08:53 AM
Sam Farmar of the LA Times weighs in.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-la-chargers-farmer-20171005-story,amp.html

Padres15
10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
I've been to every home game this year ... even the Rams game ...

You were advertising your season tickets for sale before the season even started.

Chargerfreak
10-06-2017, 10:27 AM
You were advertising your season tickets for sale before the season even started.

Well if you can't get any offers, that's how you end up going to every game.

Fight for Resale

Try advertising in visitor markets. Sell like hotcakes.

pacstud
10-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Can't post it but there's a funny Kimmel spoof on our attendance woes. Worth a few minutes.

woodeye2000
10-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Can't post it but there's a funny Kimmel spoof on our attendance woes. Worth a few minutes.

We are Charger fans.
Therefore we exist.

ChargingBolts
10-06-2017, 01:59 PM

I have more than ONE ticket ... I use MY ticket ... was NEVER selling MY ticket ... not that it's anyone's here business, but I have a family member that is in a nursing home now (before the season started but after I bought the season tix) that cannot attend and other family that has recently moved out of state with them to help take care of them ... things happen ... thanks for ganging up on me and kicking me while I'm down though ... y'all do NOT have the moral high ground

marion butts
10-06-2017, 07:49 PM
I have more than ONE ticket ... I use MY ticket ... was NEVER selling MY ticket ... not that it's anyone's here business, but I have a family member that is in a nursing home now (before the season started but after I bought the season tix) that cannot attend and other family that has recently moved out of state with them to help take care of them ... things happen ... thanks for ganging up on me and kicking me while I'm down though ... y'all do NOT have the moral high ground

good luck to you and your family.

The Moekid
10-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Chargers are nobody's team. http://amp.si.com/nfl/2017/10/13/nfl-chargers-los-angeles-fan-apathy

Sad!

pacstud
10-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Chargers are nobody's team. http://amp.si.com/nfl/2017/10/13/nfl-chargers-los-angeles-fan-apathy

Sad!

Sad but true.

The Moekid
10-16-2017, 04:57 PM
Got this email today:

Hey The Moekid,

I wanted to get back to you and let you know that we are able to sell single game club tables. See below:

- 6 Seat Reserved Club Table - $9,000
o Complimentary food and beverage including a full bar
o 2 VIP parking passes
o Open club space with TVís overlooking the field from the South End Zone
o http://www.chargers.com/premiumexperiences/stadium-club

This area is very exclusive, only about 250 people will be allowed in to this club area. If you are looking for high end experience, and a place where your guests donít have to pull out their wallet for food and drinks, this is the way to go. Obviously we can put you in adjacent tables, so groups of 12 or 18 work too.

Let me know if this works for you, your colleagues and your clients. Thanks!

cthommes
10-16-2017, 08:05 PM
Got this email today:

Hey The Moekid,

I wanted to get back to you and let you know that we are able to sell single game club tables. See below:

- 6 Seat Reserved Club Table - $9,000
o Complimentary food and beverage including a full bar
o 2 VIP parking passes
o Open club space with TVís overlooking the field from the South End Zone
o http://www.chargers.com/premiumexperiences/stadium-club

This area is very exclusive, only about 250 people will be allowed in to this club area. If you are looking for high end experience, and a place where your guests donít have to pull out their wallet for food and drinks, this is the way to go. Obviously we can put you in adjacent tables, so groups of 12 or 18 work too.

Let me know if this works for you, your colleagues and your clients. Thanks!

No longer available, just purchased by a donks fan.

The Moekid
10-17-2017, 01:47 PM
No longer available, just purchased by a donks fan.

doesn't seem like they're selling too many of these judging by the "we can put you in adjacent tables so groups of 12 or 18 work" comment.

$1,500 per person. You're gonna have to eat and drink quite a bit to make that a worthwhile proposition

The Moekid
10-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Huge Bronco turn out yesterday. Luckily the Chargers didn't give them any reason to cheer. Charger players now know what is coming when they play at stubhub and aren't affected by it like they weee against KC and Philly

Chargerfreak
10-23-2017, 09:21 AM
Win, and they will come.

pacstud
10-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Looked 65/35 Denver fans on TV

woodeye2000
10-23-2017, 10:09 AM

Orange.
It's the new
Green.

Eye'm partial to
Powder Blue.

The Moekid
10-23-2017, 10:23 AM

I thought 70/30. Conservatively. 80/20 on the visitors side and north end zone. Conservatively

ChargerTrader
10-23-2017, 11:03 AM
I wish management would make themselves available and there were reporters asking questions about this... Are Spanos and TT not doing interviews?

The Moekid
10-23-2017, 11:53 AM
I wish management would make themselves available and there were reporters asking questions about this... Are Spanos and TT not doing interviews?

There have been numerous articles written on the subject. I don't think the FO is talking about it other than to say that it will take time.

LongTimeOCBolts
10-23-2017, 03:14 PM

I think 55/45 SD fans.

Counted a section that looked more orange. On a real count - it wasn't. Chargers fans wearing white/navy/powder blue makes them not as noticeable compared to the single-colored orange.

I thought 70/30. Conservatively. 80/20 on the visitors side and north end zone. Conservatively

The North EndZone was once again a huge problem. Yank all the brokers' seats there next year.

The Moekid
10-23-2017, 05:19 PM
I think 55/45 SD fans.

Counted a section that looked more orange. On a real count - it wasn't. Chargers fans wearing white/navy/powder blue makes them not as noticeable compared to the single-colored orange.

The North EndZone was once again a huge problem. Yank all the brokers' seats there next year.

I thought it was far more in Denver's favor.

But nobody seems to agree.

Sam Farmer of the LA Times: Large swaths of Sundayís crowd were attired in powder Ö orange. StubHub Center was basically a sea-level version of Mile High (http://www.latimes.com/topic/sports/football/sports-authority-field-at-mile-high--PLREC000212-topic.html), where it would be generous to the home team to say the crowd was 50/50 Broncos and Chargers fans.Strange as it sounds, the Chargers had to score a couple of touchdowns to quiet the home crowd. Thatís not going away.

According to Acee: The one way this game resembled the Chargersí first three home games was that the stands were largely filled with fans wearing the colors of the visiting team. StubHubís seats were filled with at least 60 percent orange-clad visitors on Sunday.

SDCPB
10-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Isn't LT a public relations person with the organization? He needs to instill in the players and the coaching staff about driving the opposing teams fans away. I see Gordon and Bosa are catching on to it.

Chargerfreak
10-24-2017, 08:52 AM
Blue cash, Orange cash, blue credit cards, orange cc's.

It all spends the same.

One big happy hopper.

Bolt4Life
10-24-2017, 10:44 AM
I think 55/45 SD fans.

That ugly neon orange dominates other colors, especially on TV. Rewatching the game it looked like 95% Broncos fans besides right behind the home bench. In person it was definitely ugly, but towards the end of the game when the orange started to leave the stands suddenly you saw it was close to half Chargers fans. Noise wise, you could hear it was louder when the Chargers scored than when the Broncos stopped us on 4th down esrly in the game. On TV it was the same. You didn't see Chargers fans on TV until after that third touchdown. Then suddenly it was like, "So there are a bunch of Bolts fans!"

Yes that North End Zone is an issue. It's also an issue that pissed my family off. It was so hard for us, on day two, to get tickets there. By a stroke of luck, three opened up for us after there were previously none available an hour earlier. The Dolphins and Chiefs game was mostly Bolts fans around us on section 319 and we were able to get everyone involved for our Thunderzone. The Eagles and Broncos game has been horrible though. 95% opposing fans in our section. We have taken pictures of the section both games and intend to show the Chargers who claim they will revoke tickets. All season we have not seen one person more than once. One season ticket holder we met in preseason said he sold his Broncos and Raiders tickets only, but we haven't seen him outside of game 1. It is sad that we haven't seen any repeat Chargers fans in 319. This last game we had one Bolts fan in front of us who said he wanted season tickets but is on the waitlist. He bought those same tickets to the Redskins game and looks forward to seeing us again.

I also don't know where these jerks are selling their tickets. I have been following the three major secondary market resalers and section 319 since the beginning has only had a couple seats to sell per game. Yet the last two games have been horrible in our section. Who knows, but we are documenting all this and hope to get 100+ season tickets in our section revoked in the off season. We also may pony up the money and g3t tickets on the home side in the middle of all the Chargers fans in the shade. We do like how much noise we can make on those bleachers though. The KC game was so much fun when we forced them into silent count and all the people with high energy around us was participating in the Thunderzone of banging the bleachers.

Totally Bolted
10-24-2017, 12:50 PM
The ticket brokers are probably only selling to away fans because they can charge more per seat.

Bolt4Life
10-24-2017, 01:26 PM
The ticket brokers are probably only selling to away fans because they can charge more per seat.

I would like to know where. Ebay? Craigslist? A majority of people in line have digital tickets from what I see.

Tracking my section on Vivid seats, Ticketmaster, and StubHub, I really want to know where they are getting their tickets. Maybe they are getting the hard tickets. If they are selling specifically to opposing fans, is it through team specific forums? Who knows.

The Moekid
10-24-2017, 02:46 PM

The away fans want the tickets. There arenít enough LA Chargers fans

The Moekid
10-24-2017, 02:49 PM
I would like to know where. Ebay? Craigslist? A majority of people in line have digital tickets from what I see.

Tracking my section on Vivid seats, Ticketmaster, and StubHub, I really want to know where they are getting their tickets. Maybe they are getting the hard tickets. If they are selling specifically to opposing fans, is it through team specific forums? Who knows.

I donít know where they are selling them. Maybe brokers are gathering tickets and sellin travel packages. I saw a few big buses of Bronco fans coming in.

I remember when I went on my stadium tour before tickets went on sale and there were several SD residents who said theyíd probably only go to 1 or 2 games and sell the rest.

Bolt4Life
10-24-2017, 03:21 PM
I donít know where they are selling them. Maybe brokers are gathering tickets and sellin travel packages. I saw a few big buses of Bronco fans coming in.

I remember when I went on my stadium tour before tickets went on sale and there were several SD residents who said theyíd probably only go to 1 or 2 games and sell the rest.

That last sentence of yours should be reason to revoke season tickets. If you sell half your tickets, bye bye.

I convenient excuse I see on a lot of social media places is, "Oh, I got season tickets but suddenly work happened and I can't make any games except one, so all are for sale!" Convenient. Funny how many people have said that excuse.

dtm
10-24-2017, 03:33 PM
That last sentence of yours should be reason to revoke season tickets. If you sell half your tickets, bye bye.

I convenient excuse I see on a lot of social media places is, "Oh, I got season tickets but suddenly work happened and I can't make any games except one, so all are for sale!" Convenient. Funny how many people have said that excuse.

It honestly doesnt matter who they sell to, or if they never sell.

Tickets are 200-300 for the crappy tickets. who in their right mind wants to buy that on a losing franchise, during a time the 2 most important teams in the city are making massive noise. Dodgers by being in the WS, Lakers by having the noise and hype around Lonzo Ball.

It's just bad timing for the chargers, and before they win convincingly for a few years, they cant even dream of being the clippers, who are still a nobody in LA.

in the meantime the chargers arent doing much marketing and PR to win over fans. free charger tattoos isnt the answer

The Moekid
10-24-2017, 04:13 PM

I know they said they would do it but I don't think the Chargers would be comfortable revoking season tickets. yet. If they gain some ground and build up a bigger following maybe but at this point they want people in the stands. any people.

Throw Back
10-24-2017, 05:14 PM

I could see some San Diego residents not really grasping the reality of driving up to watch a game in Carson as the LA Chargers. Getting stuck in traffic trying to go back and forth from SD and LA along with having to hear/see LA Chargers rather than SD Chargers could be too much to justify the cost of the ticket. (also having to sit in a stadium where the visiting fans outnumber the home fans)

The Moekid
10-24-2017, 05:42 PM
I could see some San Diego residents not really grasping the reality of driving up to watch a game in Carson as the LA Chargers. Getting stuck in traffic trying to go back and forth from SD and LA along with having to hear/see LA Chargers rather than SD Chargers could be too much to justify the cost of the ticket. (also having to sit in a stadium where the visiting fans outnumber the home fans)

I can tell you that I had tickets in San Diego and it was tough to get to more than 2-3 games a season (aside from playoff games. Some of you my remember that). Took a full day + and was hard to justify when my kids were young and the games were readily available on TV.

Bolt4Life
10-24-2017, 06:51 PM

The traffic thing has been a complete myth for us this season whether coming from Oceanside or Temecula (where my parents live). We have yet to run into any traffic either way. A MNF/TNF game would be a nightmare I would guess, though.

I don't blame anyone living far away for not going to the games. I drive so much for work that driving is nothing to me, so I know I'm the exception, not the rule. It just amazes me how many people are ticket brokers and how difficult it was for my family to get our season tickets on day two of seniority. The Chargers said they will combat ticket brokers in the off-season, let's hope with a little help they actually do it. Being the only consistent Chargers fans in Section 319 is ridiculous. As I've said before, I also am curious where they are selling these tickets. I've been a hawk on Vivid seats, Ticketmaster, StubHub since the beginning. I'm going to just start straight asking people.

The Moekid
10-24-2017, 08:52 PM
The traffic thing has been a complete myth for us this season whether coming from Oceanside or Temecula (where my parents live). We have yet to run into any traffic either way. A MNF/TNF game would be a nightmare I would guess, though.

I don't blame anyone living far away for not going to the games. I drive so much for work that driving is nothing to me, so I know I'm the exception, not the rule. It just amazes me how many people are ticket brokers and how difficult it was for my family to get our season tickets on day two of seniority. The Chargers said they will combat ticket brokers in the off-season, let's hope with a little help they actually do it. Being the only consistent Chargers fans in Section 319 is ridiculous. As I've said before, I also am curious where they are selling these tickets. I've been a hawk on Vivid seats, Ticketmaster, StubHub since the beginning. I'm going to just start straight asking people.

If youíre coming from Oceanside or Temecula you donít have too far to goZ. Whatís it taking you, an hour?

Bolt4Life
10-24-2017, 10:22 PM
If youíre coming from Oceanside or Temecula you donít have too far to goZ. Whatís it taking you, an hour?

An hour and half from Temecula or and hour and 15 from Oceanside. No traffic in the four games. Temecula is a straight shot down the 91 which is pretty easy. Get off Avalon and it dumps us right into parking.

Padres15
10-25-2017, 12:51 AM
I canít see them keeping their word.
Is the franchise legally able to obtain the records from every second hand sight to see who sells the tickets? Whatís the cut off for how many games you can sell? 1? 2? 4? 6? Idk how realistic that scenario actually is.

Even if they are able to legally do it. Are they actually willing to eat that kind of gauranteed revenue? And what is going to stop the opposing fans from buying up all these tickets directly from the Chargers?

The real problem is not that brokers have the tickets. Itís the lack of fans.

JimWest
10-25-2017, 10:03 PM

Sad!

Quite predictable though.

The Moekid
11-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Decent Bills fan turn-out yesterday. Didn't matter. They were quiet before the first quarter was over. Except for the guy right behind me. Altho his commentary turned to gallows humor before the first half was over.

woodeye2000
11-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Moe is The Intimidator.

The Moekid
11-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Moe is The Intimidator.

I am going to start bringing printed directions to the beach to hand out to the visiting fans.

coach14
11-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Decent Bills fan turn-out yesterday. Didn't matter. They were quiet before the first quarter was over. Except for the guy right behind me. Altho his commentary turned to gallows humor before the first half was over.

The guy in front of me said he bought season tickets to only go to the Bills game because he is a Bills fan. He sells all the other games. Yikes.

The Moekid
11-21-2017, 02:04 PM
The guy in front of me said he bought season tickets to only go to the Bills game because he is a Bills fan. He sells all the other games. Yikes.

there was a Chiefs fan before the season who said the same thing. Pretty crazy.

Bolt4Life
11-21-2017, 04:31 PM
there was a Chiefs fan before the season who said the same thing. Pretty crazy.

Heck, I talk to quite a few Chargers fans who only go to two games and sell the rest.

The Moekid
11-21-2017, 08:04 PM
Heck, I talk to quite a few Chargers fans who only go to two games and sell the rest.

you may recall that I told you that would be the case when they gave us stubhub walk-throughs. I heard plenty of san diegans saying that.

The Moekid
11-23-2017, 12:31 AM
Any of you people who go to games think the in game stub hub video screen content is as lame as I do. First, stop with the 1960 LA Chargers grainy ass footage. No one there then is there now. They act as though the 1961-2016 seasons never happened. I donít need 1960 footage of a Bills Chargers game. Get real. Second, the other segments they run are beyond stupid. Buffalo has ____ and LA has ____. Embarrassing