PDA

View Full Version : Fight for San Diego?

The Moekid
06-09-2018, 02:13 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/07/rams-pushing-to-attract-san-diego-fans/amp/

Rams ďcanít wait to invade San DiegoĒ according to GM Les Snead in announcing a partnership with the Mighty 1090.

Chargerfreak
06-10-2018, 04:11 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/07/rams-pushing-to-attract-san-diego-fans/amp/

Rams ďcanít wait to invade San DiegoĒ according to GM Les Snead in announcing a partnership with the Mighty 1090.

FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rams are moving to SD ???????

ltinabottle
06-10-2018, 08:21 AM
From the fans that I've seen randomly interviewed most don't have a team others are fans of teams out of state. Tables have indeed turned though from when we had a team in SD and LA had no NFL football for over two decades.

A new generation of fans are there to be had via tv, radio and now social media. The loyal fans may jump ship or await for the next NFL team to come to town.

Bolt4Life
06-10-2018, 09:37 AM
I highly doubt this is going to convince fans to jump from one team that moved to another team that moved.

1090 has already been a Raiders station ever since they burned their bridges and was banned from having Chargers players on. Too bad they didn't take the route of 1360 because then they would still have access.

ltinabottle
06-10-2018, 10:00 AM
55 years is a long time. Fans are still dealing with the transition of losing an NFL team. The loyal fans are smart too. An enticing factor may be the location. Las Vegas is suddenly a prime city for sports. The Golden Knights entered the finals during their inaugural season and the Raiders are coming to town. Raiders may attract fans from the states surrounding Nevada. Some SD locals may make the jump to the dark side due to how the team left town. You never know.

Re: LA Rams your right who wants to join a team that moved from two cities. It's a new generation though. Give it at least a decade you may see SD locals who love football crossover. A dynamic winning team can do that...or not. SD loyalist hate all things LA.
I highly doubt this is going to convince fans to jump from one team that moved to another team that moved.

1090 has already been a Raiders station ever since they burned their bridges and was banned from having Chargers players on. Too bad they didn't take the route of 1360 because then they would still have access.

woodeye2000
06-10-2018, 10:37 AM
I having a real hard time wrapping my brain around the LAR getting any run in SD.

The real fight is for The OC.

The Moekid
06-10-2018, 10:53 AM
I having a real hard time wrapping my brain around the LAR getting any run in SD.

The real fight is for The OC.

Everyone knows there are no real football fans in the OC

woodeye2000
06-10-2018, 11:05 AM

:shocked:

#boycottcanadianmaplesyrup

Chargerfreak
06-11-2018, 04:05 AM
:shocked:

#boycottcanadianmaplesyrup

OMG. Hilarious. :thumb:

Bolt4Life
06-11-2018, 09:28 AM

I always knew LTOCB and Moekid were not real :tape2:

The Moekid
06-11-2018, 02:57 PM
I always knew LTOCB and Moekid were not real :tape2:

The Moekid is not in the OC

Xenos
06-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Another reason for me to hate Scott Kaplan.

Clipps
06-12-2018, 02:58 PM

I know more Cowboys/Steelers/Packers/Patriots/Seahawks/etc. fans in that area than California NFL team fans. I hate the Broncos, but it's nice to see loyalty to the home team living in Denver.

SDCPB
08-07-2018, 01:55 PM
FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rams are moving to SD ???????

SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A new Alliance of America Football team will be playing in San Diego. But the Chargers memories will always there.

AK46um
08-09-2018, 11:15 AM

...so Rams fans come to San Diego and duke it out with Raider fans for bragging rights to the city.

The Chargers are stuck at home doing chores in Inglewood.

21and500
08-09-2018, 11:05 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/City-Council-Failed-City-by-Nixing-Hotel-Tax-Measure-Mayor-490517981.html%3famp=y

Chargers must miss having to finagle with the mayor

I tune into 1090 just to listen to the same mess Iíve been hearing for over 3 years now
Iím just glad itís not my mess anymore
Amazing how Caplin can spew so much nonsense and pretend to believe it.

ltinabottle
08-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Hopefully a step to having an NFL franchise in San Diego. Already seeing the impact with football gone in SD. Economically Tilted Kilt in Mission Valley is no longer there. Other businesses and tourism are impacted.
SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A new Alliance of America Football team will be playing in San Diego. But the Chargers memories will always there.

21and500
08-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Even if we (SD native/resident) don’t get another NFL franchise, im genuinely still interested in this.
No disrespect meant but this might actually be a better fit for SD at this point.

daygobrett
08-15-2018, 10:06 PM
I live in the OC and Im a Charger fan and a real one at that. A few of my neighbors are as well. Theres actually a few bolts, too, that Ive seen riding the 73 to the 405 N on my way to work. Bolt following seems to be growing!

LongTimeOCBolts
08-18-2018, 12:53 PM
I live in the OC and Im a Charger fan and a real one at that. A few of my neighbors are as well. Theres actually a few bolts, too, that Ive seen riding the 73 to the 405 N on my way to work. Bolt following seems to be growing!

Don't mind them, they're just joshing.

It's been an inside joke for years.

marion butts
08-18-2018, 09:52 PM

im a real charger fan from ny...hell, i may have even played for the team. The OC (dont call it that) has no fans.

UtahSanDiegoFan
08-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Is it safe to wear Chargers stuff in San Diego? Or have a Chargers sticker on your car?

21and500
08-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Is it safe to wear Chargers stuff in San Diego? Or have a Chargers sticker on your car?

Yes.
I got a lot of remarks the first few months
Nowa days I just get looks

Have not seen 1 single ďLA Chargers ď anything

ltinabottle
08-21-2018, 10:04 PM
I still wear powder blue Tomlinson shirts like nothing changed. No comments so far.

While here devoid of virtually any creative marketing by it's owners it became on it's own merit the best jerseys in the National Football League. It's crazy but I still think these guys will come to their senses and come home. :noidea:

Chargerfreak
08-22-2018, 04:47 AM
I still wear powder blue Tomlinson shirts like nothing changed. No comments so far.

While here devoid of virtually any creative marketing by it's owners it became on it's own merit the best jerseys in the National Football League. It's crazy but I still think these guys will come to their senses and come home. :noidea:

If I could save time Itinabottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is have the team return
To the hometown of Jim Croce Restaurant............

UtahSanDiegoFan
08-22-2018, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

ltinabottle
08-22-2018, 05:53 AM
Ha ha! That's deep Freak.
Nominated potd:rockon:
Croce's misses the Bolt, Mission Bay
and Valley too. Someday our
guys will come home.
If I could save time Itinabottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is have the team return
To the hometown of Jim Croce Restaurant............

AK46um
08-22-2018, 11:54 AM

Its San Diego not Cleveland. You're safe LOL.

RaidrHatr619
08-26-2018, 09:34 PM
My goodness I miss the old days. I havenít been on here in a very long time. Any old timers remember me please give me a holler. I just kinda feel out of place here now. I tried to be bitter and turn on this team but I canít. Itís in my blood. We had season tickets (P5 row 14) for over 37 years. I love the chargers.

ltinabottle
08-27-2018, 04:57 AM
In the end the love of the game always returns if you're a fan in spite of the team leaving your beloved home town of San Diego. Yes ratings have taken a dip but watching plays like Ingrams hit at the goal line brings you back to the essence of the game...being able to say ooohhhh nice hit. Watch the helmet there...just kidding.

Welcome back RaidrHatr. Football like the fall will soon be here. It's tradition...it's part of being an American. Good to have you back.
My goodness I miss the old days. I havenít been on here in a very long time. Any old timers remember me please give me a holler. I just kinda feel out of place here now. I tried to be bitter and turn on this team but I canít. Itís in my blood. We had season tickets (P5 row 14) for over 37 years. I love the chargers.

Bolt4Life
08-27-2018, 03:36 PM

Yeah. Absolutely.

People over exaggerate the hate. They kept 58% of their viewers and the anti-Chargers 1090 and pro-Chargers 1360 are even in listener numbers now. Last season 1090 more than doubled 1360.

Essentially.... the Chargers kept about half their SD fans.

Bolt4Life
08-27-2018, 03:39 PM

If you come to a game and are rooting for the Chargers. I got plenty of beer for u :)

coach14
08-29-2018, 01:07 PM

Who can forget that avatar? Not me! HAHAHA! Hope all is well RaidrHatr619!