PDA

View Full Version : Tomlinson agrees to extension

joelbolt
08-12-2004, 09:10 PM
After the Chargers' afternoon practice today, running back LaDainian Tomlinson said that he agreed to terms on a contract extension with the Bolts.

http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=1801

Chargeroo
08-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Wow, that's great! We really are lucky to get a guy like LT for his entire career. A great job of foresight by the Chargers Front Office. Even the most cynical will have trouble finding anything wrong with this. Hats off to everyone involved in this!

xnet
08-13-2004, 10:24 AM
I agree. LT will go down as one of the Chargers' greatest ever. Right next to the likes of Fouts and Alworth!

Chargeroo
08-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm remembering how the Cubs used to call Ernie Banks "Mr. Cub". I think this long term contract now makes LT, Mr. Charger. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

xnet
08-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
I'm remembering how the Cubs used to call Ernie Banks "Mr. Cub". I think this long term contract now makes LT, Mr. Charger. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Looks like San Diego has another Tony Gwynn to get behind. This news has really made my week and puts the whole Rivers fiasco into perspective! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

foober
08-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi guys and gals, a double secret forum wild.

This is very good news all around for the chargers. Like people have mentioned. It means they do shell out the bucks. And that they're getting things organized for the future now. Somehow I see this also as a way to tell Rivers they do mean buisness and are building a good team. It sure would be nice to have him join in as soon as possible. . Rivers will be a good one.

xnet
08-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey Foobs-

Nice to finally be able to put a face with your handle. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Like most of us, I'm very pleased with the direction AJ is taking this team. Get a few more lineman on offense and bring in some bruisers on defense and we'll be playoff contenders...

Chargeroo
08-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Don't forget the earlier move to get a good contract with Eric Parker - that's another very good move.

Shamrock
08-13-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm totally elated over this contract extension to LT.

This really takes some spin off Sexton and Rivers arguements. It shuts up the entire crowd who chants, "Spanos is cheap" and "The Chargers don't want to win" ......

Great job Bolts!

Props to the Spanos'! Props to AJ! And big props to LT!i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Chargeroo
08-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Click on your refresh and you'll see that I sent you a PM. Use the "Home" button at the top to return to where you see all the threads.

RMANCIL
08-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi ,everyone nice board. I am gald Mr Charger signed he clearly is Mr Charger .
Well by tomorrow morning the hurricane should hit us I hope we all make out all right say a prayer or two.

What no color how will high be able to use my signature Bolt Blue?

MoveitMister
08-13-2004, 09:57 PM
LT is THE MAN!

i/expressions/beer.gif

ChargerBooster
08-13-2004, 10:05 PM
I never expected this signing to happen anywhere's near this early, but it's great news...and it's news and moves like this that will dispel once-and-for-all the negative light our Team is held in by many outside of these pages. But that's a side-effect, and bottomline this is a great move for the Chargers to have made. It will have many good repercussions in the months and years ahead. Great job addressing LT's contract extension this early and getting it done ! Can't say how pleased I am about this.

Chargeroo
08-13-2004, 10:24 PM
LT runs into history! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/woodtr/60_LT8.jpg

Shamrock
08-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by: RMANCIL
Well by tomorrow morning the hurricane should hit us I hope we all make out all right say a prayer or two.Already did. Remember one for HymroD as well. Has anyone heard from him?

ftwbolt
08-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by: Shamrock

Well by tomorrow morning the hurricane should hit us I hope we all make out all right say a prayer or two.Already did. Remember one for HymroD as well. Has anyone heard from him?

They moved Tampa Bay's preseason game to Monday because of the hurricane,I hope he's OK as well.
Props to AJ, ED,and Dean for taking care of LT.

Chargeroo
08-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi ,everyone nice board. I am gald Mr Charger signed he clearly is Mr Charger .
Well by tomorrow morning the hurricane should hit us I hope we all make out all right say a prayer or two.

What no color how will high be able to use my signature Bolt Blue?
I thought you were in San Diego - where are you?

foober
08-17-2004, 07:02 PM
so ramancil and hymrod both went through the hurricane. geez. hope they're okay. Haven't heard from them for a while.

BigThunder
10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
test123 123

Gadzooks
10-05-2005, 07:17 PM
test123 123
You should probably test in the "Hey all (Introduce yourself here!)" thread. At least you didn't dig up any painful memories. Welcome. :Beer: :D

DKatz7
10-05-2005, 07:22 PM
It is truly rare that a quality running back in this day and age, commits his whole career to one team, and one city.

LT is Mr. Charger, forever

bluejewel
10-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Our guys ALL have CLASS! LOYALTY!!!!GO BOLTS!!!

LordBling
10-05-2005, 09:12 PM
LT = Mr Charger. Does nayone think he needs a different nickname or has he earned LT?

BlaCkStaR619
10-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the lightning bolt tattoo that he has on his calf? He got it around the time he signed this, cus he said he would be a charger for life.

SuperMatt
10-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Why do you guys do this to me? I was QUITE perplexed to see this thing dredged up from the depths. :D

At leat it was a happy thread.

:21::Bolt::21:

Dan40
10-06-2005, 01:11 AM
This was one of the first threads ever posted on this forum. And since I joined in September, I never got to post in it.

Anyways, YAHOO! Go L.T.! BOLT FOR LIFE!!!

;)

BigThunder
10-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Why do you guys do this to me? I was QUITE perplexed to see this thing dredged up from the depths. :D

At leat it was a happy thread.

:21::Bolt::21:

It's my fault guys. I'm new.

Thunderstruck
10-06-2005, 06:46 AM

Bet you didn't realize that when you post in a real old thread, it bumps that thread back to the top. ;)

We call it "thread necromancy," because it's like raising the dead.

SuperMatt
10-06-2005, 10:41 AM

No worries at all. It just confused the heck out of me (not that difficult a task, I'll admit.)

Welcome. :D :Bolt: :21:

BOLT_PRIDE
10-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Same here. I was like huh? then i started noticing the dates on the threads and thought my computer was going nuts again! PHEWW!!! thank goodness. Anywayz GO LT CHAGERS FOR LIFE!!

REALBOLTFAN
10-06-2005, 11:45 AM
freaking awesome