PDA

View Full Version : Texas Charger fans

Shamrock
08-13-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm just outside the Alamo City, in La Vernia, TX.

Anyone else going to the opener in Houston?

ftwbolt
08-13-2004, 08:44 PM
We got our tickets yesterday

Chargeroo
08-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Ill be posting my Texas jokes in here! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Shamrock
08-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by: ftwbolt
We got our tickets yesterday
Mine came today.

joelbolt
09-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Bump

Shamrock
09-05-2004, 01:54 AM
Thanks Joel ....

Do the threads get hidden after a certain time frame without new posts?

joelbolt
09-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by: ShamrockDo the threads get hidden after a certain time frame without new posts?
It looks like they do. I need to find a setting that hopefully allows me to change that. FYI I just did a search and found the tread then bumped the thread.

BoltAttack55
09-05-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm located in Houston. I'm actually a season ticket holder out here and find myself dual rooting. It's a copout of sorts, but I like watching the home team play and there is nothing like going to the stadium every couple of weeks.

TrumpetDude
09-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Hey dudes - Trumpet_Man chiming in. My tickets are in Section 350 for this weekends game. We are in the Yellow Parking Lot and I will be flying into San Antonio this Thursday from Southern California - mi casa. I will have a 3x4' Chargers flag drapped on the windshield of the truck or SUV on game day and will be on the look out for Bolts fans representing the colors at Reliant this weekend. Go Chargers !!!i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gifi/expressions/SDG_LaDainian_Tomlinson.gifi/expressions/SDG_Lance_Alworth.gifi/expressions/SDG_Dan_Fouts.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/beer.gif

Shamrock
09-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Section 350 ??? We're in 350. What row you in? I hope you sit below us. We need a target for peanut tossing ......

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

TrumpetDude
09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
The tickets arrive tomorrow via UPS. I think Row 2 ... not sure. But I will make sure to bring my pea shooter.i/expressions/devil.gif

TrumpetDude
09-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Correction ... Section 351 Row B ... I will find out the seat numbers but they are together ... I hope the dang weather is good for game day. i/expressions/SDG_Football.gif

Shamrock
09-06-2004, 09:40 PM
ftwbolt, Sandolf, me and our wives are in 350, row S, seats 7-12.

boltfan1185
09-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Hello Everyone. I live in Flower Mound which is near Dallas. I wanted to go to the Chargers game this weekend so bad but I couldn't get off work. I'm so angry because this is probably one of the only chances I will get to see them in person for a while. Hopefully they play the Cowboys here next year so I can go to the game.

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 08:59 AM
The tickets arrived yesterday. Wooohoo. Section 351 Row B Seats 3-4. I will look for you guys in the stadium since we are real close. My flight is tomorrow morning so ... lets get ready to rumble. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/beer.gif

Shamrock
09-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Trumpie,

We will find you. Like I said, we need a Cabana boy to fetch us refreshments....

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I will make sure to bring my own personal servants. I am also sure you will appreciate their thongs and make sure to tip them well i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Oh and the part of the cabana crew that looks like gorillas - they are packing heat. Don't look them cross - they eat raw meat.

Make sure you have your Chargers colors on but no guarantees the cabana crew won't get hungry. Mongo has a posse'. I am dang glad 99.99% of the family lives in Texas due games in enemy territory. Feed the cabana crew but watch your fingers ...... See ya in Reliant !!!i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

BoltFanInSanAntone
09-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Hey Shammy, Tony, ftw-

I know, I know, whattook ya so long!!!!!!

Tony, you should be in San Antone by now.

c'ya tomorrow at 6 at El Maguey!!!

Cain't wait!!

Later Doooods!!!!!!

Hey 'roo, so this is where you hang your hat. Good onya!!!!!!!!

TrumpetDude
09-09-2004, 06:59 PM
The Eagle has landed in Texas and our undercover Charger operatives have infiltrated the Texan network and uncovered part of their defensive game plan. "Word is" the Texans plan on using the "Alamo" defense - you know - "here we are now come kick the crap out of us - again" i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Shamrock
09-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: BoltFanInSanAntone
Hey Shammy, Tony, ftw-!!!

Damn. Sandolf and I just had dinner at Casa Rio on the Riverwalk. It was a fine evening. He and his wiff are still down there, taking a night ride on the river boats.

Shamrock
09-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: boltfan1185
Hello Everyone. I live in Flower Mound which is near Dallas. I wanted to go to the Chargers game this weekend so bad but I couldn't get off work. I'm so angry because this is probably one of the only chances I will get to see them in person for a while. Hopefully they play the Cowboys here next year so I can go to the game.

Sorry I missed this post. Great to have you on the Bolts board. ftwbolt lives up near you, just on the North side of Fort Worth. Maybe we'll be able to meet up if the Bolts get a game in Dallas.

i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

RobertLoper
09-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude
The Eagle has landed in Texas and our undercover Charger operatives have infiltrated the Texan network and uncovered part of their defensive game plan. "Word is" the Texans plan on using the "Alamo" defense - you know - "here we are now come kick the crap out of us - again" i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

RobertLoper
09-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Too bad for the Texans. There winning streak will be over 3:00 pm sunday.:;i/expressions/beer.gif

RobertLoper
09-10-2004, 04:08 PM
hey fwt. I'm from newark. What time you rolling out of cowtown?i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Shamrock
09-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by: RobertLoper
hey fwt. I'm from newark. What time you rolling out of cowtown?i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

RL,
He's having a busy couple days. Today he's heading up to Norman for a "Zero U" game, then driving back to Cowtown. He and his wife are taking a morning flight from DFW to Houston tomorrow for the game.

If you get a chance, come by and say hi to the crew.

Go Bolts !!!

InfaredYeti
09-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Hey guys.
I live 15 miles north of Houston, in New Caney. I have been a Charger fan for six years now, and although I root for the Texans against alot, never the Chargers.
I think I am the only Bolt fan in this part of Texas, but I couldn't make the game, of course, My Team won!!!!
HaHa...boo-yah Texans.
I am actually wanting to move 2 California because I don't fit in this hick town, and I wanna make the Chargers not just MY team, but my HOME team!

***It sucks cause I gotta buy Chargers shirts online cause I can't find none in shops here....anyone help me out with that?i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

joejoe
09-13-2004, 07:17 AM
san antonio charger fan here I was at the opener in Houstin end zone seats

xnet
09-13-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by: joejoe

So, spill the beans... What was the game like? The only Texan fans we met were ingracious enough to smack our team up and not return to eat their crow.

raiderhater1
09-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Well what a game it was down in houston i traveled from wichita falls texas to see the game in houston about 61/2 hours and boy it was a great one belive it or not we sat with LT"S mother and family and it was a great experince i will or my kids and wife will never forget we were over challenged by the texans fans as far as noise but we tried our hardest to let them know that chargers fans do stand in texas also when the lights went out in the dome i thought oh no here comes the lighting BOLTS and i let there fans know it well i figured i would put in my two cents for an outta towner now ( oceanside is where my home is in my heart though) lol well have a great season bolts and fans and let them know where there is the thunder sound of hits there will always be lighting close behind > Donney Cummins wichita falls texas

RobertLoper
09-13-2004, 10:53 AM
hey infared I got my latest shirt from the Texan shop at Reliant Stadium. Texans vs Chargers sept 12.2004. It's kind of cool; I can wear it to rub it in to Texan fans.i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/brokenheart.gif:i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif:i/expressions/brokenheart.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

RobertLoper
09-13-2004, 11:02 AM
no doubt X we (my wife and I ) got pretty much the same reaction. They certainly didn't like us flashing our colors.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Shamrock
09-14-2004, 11:27 AM
joejoe,

We were in the endzone opposite the big scoreboard. If you were in that endzone, you had to hear and see Trumpie. You couldn't miss him. Read the "Power Surge at Reliant" thread in the General Discussions area.

Loper,

I knew I should have checked out the t-shirt stands, but I didn't think they'd have any Bolts gear. I didn't see anyone upset about us wearing our Chargers jerseys.

RobertLoper
09-14-2004, 04:52 PM
We really went in on accident(wife and I). They had comemoritive rebock t's and footballs. the t's said september 12.2004.houston.texas with texans vschargersbelow with both helments faceing and nfl logo betweeni/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

BoltFanInSanAntone
09-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by: joejoe

Where do ya live in San Antone.

I live by the airport, between nacogdoches and Broadway, offa Bitters. Sorta by Mac Hi.

Shamrock lives in La Vernia.

Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joejoe
09-19-2004, 02:36 PM
sorry for my abscence
the Houstin fans I met did actually shook my hand after the game. I was in section 116 two rows above the tv camera. And I live off 35 and Walzum in san antonio

InfaredYeti
09-19-2004, 04:07 PM
yeah, most are pretty nice, i live in houston and everyone that knows me knows im a charger fan

ftwbolt
09-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by: RobertLoper
hey fwt. I'm from newark. What time you rolling out of cowtown?

Sorry have'nt been in here in a while.

Is that the Newark that is north of Saginaw off 287 ?

stamm321
10-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Paris, Texas Charger Fan Here - probably the only one in this onehorse town!

wootbringer
10-11-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by: InfaredYeti
Hey guys.

I live 15 miles north of Houston, in New Caney. I have been a Charger fan for six years now, and although I root for the Texans against alot, never the Chargers.

I think I am the only Bolt fan in this part of Texas, but I couldn't make the game, of course, My Team won!!!!

HaHa...boo-yah Texans.

I am actually wanting to move 2 California because I don't fit in this hick town, and I wanna make the Chargers not just MY team, but my HOME team!

***It sucks cause I gotta buy Chargers shirts online cause I can't find none in shops here....anyone help me out with that?

i live in the woodlands.... so your not alone in this town...

InfaredYeti
10-11-2004, 09:14 AM
wow, its nice to know Im not alone. i/expressions/SDG_LaDainian_Tomlinson.gif
i didnt think anyone this close to houston besides me like SD

wootbringer
10-12-2004, 02:24 AM
i use to live in sd for 16 years.. i moved out here for work. its a lot cheaper here then it is in sd

BritBolt
11-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi boltfan 1185

I just joined so sorry about being out of date. I hate to say this but the Chargers get to play here every 11 years on average (i'm in Richardson). I was there in 2001 after the week off following 9/11. The last quarter was best with Texas Stadium empty except for about 2,000 Bolt fans. See you in 2012 then.

Flutie08
11-22-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm from the Houston area but I go to school in Waco. I definitely feel like I'm the only Chargers fan in both cities. I get laughed at a lot, which didn't feel too good last year, but man it feels good now that we are 7-3 baby and on our way up. Who's laughing now?

raiderhater1
11-23-2004, 01:28 PM
any texas bolts fans making the trip to kc this weekend?

ftwbolt
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by: raiderhater1
any texas bolts fans making the trip to kc this weekend?

I would like too, but that 10 hour drive from where I live would be a whip.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

InfaredYeti
11-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Now, they are eating their words....looks to me like the Chargers are going to the playoffs at the least......I can't wait till we play the Colts. We have the same record, but I will really enjoy the matchup.

zenitrammarty
12-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Wow! I never realized there were so many chargers fans in Texas. I was born and raised in San Diego downtown areas. (Off of shell town area near 40th street and 25th street near the naval hospital.) I, myself, was drafted and moved by the Army. Twenty years and a couple of days later, I am dropped off in Killeen, Texas. I lived in Killeen, Texas since April of 1990. While in the Army, I travelled the world. Now, that I have retired from the Army, I became a Correctional Officer for the state of Texas. (That is a fancy name for a prison guard.) I cheered for the Los Angeles Chargers and now for the San Diego Chargers. I guess you could call me one of the loyal fans. I guess I will die being one.

zenitrammarty
12-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Wow! I never realized there were so many chargers fans in Texas. I was born and raised in San Diego downtown areas. (Off of shell town area near 40th street and 25th street near the naval hospital.) I, myself, was drafted and moved by the Army. Twenty years and a couple of days later, I am dropped off in Killeen, Texas. I lived in Killeen, Texas since April of 1990. While in the Army, I travelled the world. Now, that I have retired from the Army, I became a Correctional Officer for the state of Texas. (That is a fancy name for a prison guard.) I cheered for the Los Angeles Chargers and now for the San Diego Chargers. I guess you could call me one of the loyal fans. I guess I will die being one. (zenitramytram@earthlink.net)

blindside
05-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Im from a little west Texas town of about 800 pop. and there are about 20 die hard Charger fans thank goodness for sunday ticket! Were proud of the way the bolts played last year and looking forward to this season. :Helmet:

Chargers99
05-22-2005, 10:25 PM
sweeeeet, welcome aboard texas

SAK1904
05-26-2005, 09:08 PM
OCEANSIDE BOY 4 LIFE NOW IN TEXAS :55: :Helmet:

raiderhater1
06-25-2005, 07:30 AM
im texas now after growing up in the O where are ya in texas?

InfaredYeti
08-12-2005, 10:00 AM
anyone new chargers fans from texas this season, its been a while since i been on here.

Lightning_Rod
08-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I am a San Diego Transplant and have been in Houston for a month. I am wondering if anyones knows of a gathering place for Charger fans?

boltman2200
08-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Im a die hard charger fan, I used to live in san diego for 16 years and this summer i moved to texas, Cant wait to see the chargers own the cowboys in week one

raiderhater1
08-26-2005, 06:21 AM
where ya located boltman i am from oceanside but also reside in texas now

boltman2200
08-28-2005, 05:36 PM
abilene texas, about 2-3 hrs or so from Dallas

joejoe
09-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Texas chargers fan here San Antoni area

SAK1904
09-23-2005, 05:48 PM
im from oceanside :55: im in san antiono

ogchargerfan
10-11-2005, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=boltman2200]Im a die hard charger fan, I used to live in san diego for 16 years and this summer i moved to texas, Cant wait to see the chargers own the cowboys in week one. Im from LA and i move to TX also and I had a bad bad day when We lost. Its all good though, becaused the last time SD was here they beat them down and i emjoyed every minute of it, especially leaving the stadium wearing Seau's jersey. seeing alot of sad faces

ftwbolt
10-13-2005, 08:00 PM
***bump****

ftwbolt
10-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Born in San Diego, grew up in National City, went to Sweetwater High School (Class of 77) have lived in ft worth since 1979.

:Bolt: fan my whole life.

chargerfanintx8
11-26-2005, 04:34 AM
born in San Diego living in the Dallas area now

rudedog
11-29-2005, 05:57 PM
born in chula vista but grew up in national city .go redevils, in fact my whole family went to sweetwater high. mom, uncles, brother, sister,now I,m in Midland .wavein at ya ftw

raiderhater1
12-22-2005, 09:44 AM
anyone from texas going to the kc game !!!!! if so hit me up :Bolt:

DocNeeezy
10-12-2006, 10:34 PM
just moved to Houston last week and looking for Chargers fans!!....where to watch the games????

stevierayjon
01-05-2008, 01:10 PM
South Austin Bolts Fans Unite!
I've been going to Warehouse Saloon & Billiards on E. Ben White just east of Congress. Lots of TV's, not too crowded, good beer prices, and decent munchies.
Meet me there tomorrow for the playoffs! Go Bolts!
Jon
Warehouse Saloon & Billiards The (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warehousesaloon.com%2F&ei=-OJ_R--7EKO4hAKAm4k2&usg=AFQjCNG2SomXoL9Rh_QbkN1A2KGlWdZWbg&sig2=xzclC-aalnlMxjVGQlVRyQ)

- www.warehouse (http://www.%3Cb%3Ewarehouse%3C/b%3E)saloon.com
509 E Ben White Blvd, Austin - (512) 443-8799
Directions and more (http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS177US232&um=1&q=the+warehouse&near=Austin,+TX&fb=1&view=text&latlng=30219699,-97758543,9872671234782662542&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=5&ct=result)

SAboltfan53
02-27-2008, 08:00 PM
what up bolt fan in sa tx

Kauzik
03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
You can also add another Bolt Fan from SD living in San Antonio Tx..

Mig:logo

TheKeyFactor
03-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow! I never realized there were so many chargers fans in Texas. I was born and raised in San Diego downtown areas. (Off of shell town area near 40th street and 25th street near the naval hospital.) I, myself, was drafted and moved by the Army. Twenty years and a couple of days later, I am dropped off in Killeen, Texas. I lived in Killeen, Texas since April of 1990. While in the Army, I travelled the world. Now, that I have retired from the Army, I became a Correctional Officer for the state of Texas. (That is a fancy name for a prison guard.) I cheered for the Los Angeles Chargers and now for the San Diego Chargers. I guess you could call me one of the loyal fans. I guess I will die being one.

yea bro theres alot of them here.
But there is also ALOT of charger haters here..the dallas fans are so ignorant in TX. They think there teams is the best thing since sliced bread. All I ever hear is about how great of a defense they have, and what a beast roy williams is.
Just smile and walk away :)

oh i live in corpus christi, in south texas. nice beaches, not as nice as newport though

ftwbolt
03-23-2008, 08:45 PM
But there is also ALOT of charger haters here..the dallas fans are so ignorant in TX. They think there teams is the best thing since sliced bread. All I ever hear is about how great of a defense they have, and what a beast roy williams is.

oh i live in corpus christi, in south texas. nice beaches, not as nice as newport though

Most cowturd fans are ball watchers !!

Txvet
03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi....I'm a really old Charger fan. I was one of the first 50 season ticket holders when the Bolts moved to Balboa Stadium in San Diego.
Yes, I too was born in SD, at the top of Texas Street road, coming up from Mission Valley. Attended schools in SD, including Hoover High, just two years behind Ted Williams..if you know that name :} Went rowing a little boat in MissionBay...when there wasn't a single thing there. Grew up surfing at La Jolla Shores., and bought one of the first houses in Clairmont, after WWII...a new 4bedroom for $114,000..probably worth a lot more now :} Raced sportscars at the Torrey Pines Raceway...now a golf course. Yep, saw all the Charger games in SD for about 8yrs, before my company moved me to Texas.
Ah....those were great days!!

xxchargers
07-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Bolts Fans In Texas, Any One Up In Dallas Area, Need To Get Something Together For The New Season... Show Some Love

Texas lightning
07-20-2008, 06:00 PM

oh i live in corpus christi, in south texas. nice beaches, not as nice as newport thoughI walked into the HEB off of weber and holly the other day wearing my PB GATES JRESEY and THERE was a guy with his PB TOMLINSON jersey on WAS THAT YOU

TopherSD
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I started watching the games at No Frills Grill in South Arlington.....it would be great to have a few more fans there watching with me.

cap808
07-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Howdy TX Charger fans... Just sayin' hi from Keller. Near Ft. Worth

TXChargerNation
08-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Houston Charger fan here .....

momyluv
09-07-2008, 07:40 AM
It seem like there are few and between fans out here but does anyone get together and watch the game I am so not used to watching a game at home....Houston there are no Charger Bars??? Boy, I miss Cali!!!!

apollo11
09-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Pretty neat stuff. A ton of Texas CHARGER fans here.

pugilistic
05-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Anyone going to the game on November 7th in Houston ?