PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Bolt Fans

Boltdiehard
08-16-2004, 10:29 AM
As most of you know, I live in the heart of Raider Country. It sucks and so do the Raiders. any other Bay Area Boltheads out there??

BDH

xnet
08-18-2004, 01:41 PM
I have a friend who works up there frequently. Once this board goes gold, I'll see if I can't get him online.

jwstern
09-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Im in Oakland

Johndbr
09-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Well I am not quite as bad off as some of you, I am in 9'r country in the Sunnyvale/Santa Clara area. Is this all we got up here? I would expect more considering the tech explosion up here in the last decade. If you know others you should tell them to hook into the board. It would be cool seeing how many are actually around.

Johndbr

2ANGELES7
09-06-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm from Fairfield,Ca. USA

josepban
09-06-2004, 11:21 PM
i go to school at the university of san francisco and i will be at the raider game when they play the chargers

SupaflyGuerin24
09-07-2004, 12:03 PM
i live in Tracy

Brigrat
09-08-2004, 01:43 PM
I am way up in Humboldt County, but make it to candlestick every time the Bolts come up (most recently last Thursday). I would go see the Bolts in Oakland, but I am concerened for my safety...

NORCAL4BOLTS
09-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Hear ITS me DC in Fremont,Ca.

Psquared
09-15-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm in SF going to SFSU. Any of you guys know of places that show Chargers' games?

Kwakothunder
09-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by: Psquared
I'm in SF going to SFSU. Any of you guys know of places that show Chargers' games?

Zeke's Sports Bar on 3rd and Brannan. It is 3 blocks from SBC Park. They show all the games.

--------

I'm in Foster City, Ca. 5-10 mins south of the SF Airport

Boltdiehard
09-16-2004, 07:39 PM
I've talked to a few NorCal Boltheads and the topic of a NorCal Booster Club has come up. I'm not quite sure where to start but it's something myself and a couple other guys are looking into. Any suggestions would be helpful and let me know if there's any interest in something like this.

George
09-18-2004, 08:04 PM
San Diego Chargers fan from Suisun City. Raiders suck.

collamer22
11-06-2004, 11:34 PM
I am in Sam Jose. I am down with the nor cal group/fan club.

lukeeluciano
11-07-2004, 05:59 PM
I from V-Town

vrubio333
01-07-2005, 04:33 PM
1 1/2 Charger fans here in Martinez CA -

FROMTHESTART
01-16-2005, 06:17 PM
LIving in Raiderland means not witnessing the drubbing of the Raiders by the Bolts once a year.

FROMTHESTART
01-16-2005, 06:41 PM
2 picks in first round: 1 a top wr. 2 a kick-ass pass rusher or mentally unbalanced safety with murder on his mind. If they trade Brees, add a monster off. tackle or all of the above. Don't have names yet, have to do my homework. Would like to see what free agents come available. a good LB would be nice. I love to see other people wearing Char. gear here in S.J.

flosamuels
09-12-2005, 05:01 PM
I couldn't believe the lack of response to the question about Bolts fans in the Bay area. Wow. At any rate, I'm trying to get together enough fans to buy a block of tickets to the Oct 16 game. I've been to two of the games with no problem (well, if you exclude whacks on the back every time the Raiders got a first down and boos and someone biting a hole in my Charger flag) but I'm female so that could the reason. What can we do to get a group together?

Chargers99
09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
I couldn't believe the lack of response to the question about Bolts fans in the Bay area. Wow. At any rate, I'm trying to get together enough fans to buy a block of tickets to the Oct 16 game. I've been to two of the games with no problem (well, if you exclude whacks on the back every time the Raiders got a first down and boos and someone biting a hole in my Charger flag) but I'm female so that could the reason. What can we do to get a group together?
My suggestion would be to start a thread or let all of your Charger buddies know what your plan is.

knaehu
09-16-2005, 05:15 PM
i go to school at the university of san francisco and i will be at the raider game when they play the chargers
bcareful... i went to last years raider finally game in a charger beanny and took alot of heat.

Redwoodzz
09-17-2005, 10:07 PM
I live in Aptos/Santa Cruz area and go to the Raider vs. Charger every year and I don't fly any colors. Seen to many people get beer and other things thrown at them. Hell, I went down to the Raider vs. Charger game in San Diego last year and had Raider fans giving me problems for wearing my Charger gear.

flosamuels
09-20-2005, 07:13 PM
I want to get tickets with a group, safety in numbers and all that. I've been to two of the games and while they were fun and I escaped unscathed, I'd rather be with compatriots instead of the enemy.

Flo Samuels, Hayward area
flosamuels@msn.com
cell is 650-274-9385 (its attached to a club so I couldn't change it when I moved to East Bay)

GO CHARGERS!!!

PS I have Charger season tickets and fly down for the games. Is that super fan time or what?

Chargers99
09-22-2005, 12:25 AM
I always show my colors scared... nope never me I rather die than ever be scared of fat gang bangers! Always blue and gold.

flosamuels
10-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I live in the Bay Area, East Bay. I want to go to the Oct 16 game but I DO NOT want to be in the middle of 50,000 Raiders fans. Like who can I high-5 when we get touchdowns?

We can probably get seats together IF we act now.

Flo Samuels
650-274-9385 cell
flosamuels@msn.com

PS. I have Chargers season tickets and fly down for the games. (Son lives in San Diego). If you know Charger fans from San Diego who are going to come up for the game PLEASE give them my name and number.

Thanks Flo

JaminToombs
10-04-2005, 01:04 PM
My and my buddy and our girlfriends are going to see the Chargers play up there on the 16th. Wanted to see if there is a group up there that is going to the game?

boltsareback
10-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Charger fan since 1979. I grew up in San Diego, (La Mesa) moved to San Jose in 2000. Raider fans (if you can call them fans) are everywhere. 49er fans are actually cool.

Bolts Super Fan
10-05-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm living in San Jose. Don't plan on going to the game but will watch it on TV. The only thing I'm worried about is that the Raiders' home games are usually blacked out. Anyone has any genius idea on how to watch that game on TV if it will be blacked out?
Thanks,
Go Chargers! :Bolt:

pgalvin
10-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey, don't feel bad. I live in a small town and I am one of three Charger fans here. I grew up in SD and we had season tix and went to all the games so the Bolts have always been MY TEAM.

SDMikey
10-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Native San Diegan living in the East Bay (Richmond/San Pablo) area while my wife attends grad school up here.

It's funny, I've seen more games living here with the Chargers in it then I did when I lived in San Diego. 6 straight weeks of games on TV...whoop!

Bolts Super Fan
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
It's funny, I've seen more games living here with the Chargers in it then I did when I lived in San Diego. 6 straight weeks of games on TV...whoop!
I know! :) I've only had to made 1 trip to the bar this year on the opening day against the Cowboys.
What's your plan on watching the game next week again the Raiders if it's blacked out? I'm just hoping it'll be delayed and shown on TV sometimes like around 11 PM or midnight! :D
Go Chargers! :Bolt:

miciti2000
10-10-2005, 04:19 PM
I am happened to stay in the Bay Area tonight (Fremont/Milpitas). Anyones knows a good bar for Bolts fans??

ChargerSolis
10-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Tell me about it! We always get together at Vito's pizza in SJ to watch the games when they are not being televised!

Bolt-in-the-Bay
10-13-2005, 12:03 AM
My husband and I are Chargers fans living in San Jose. We have not met many other fans .. maybe just one every year :( and I'd say all were San Diego transplants. I don't get why there are so few of us in the Bay. I see more Eagles and Steelers fans here than Chargers ...

Chargers99
10-13-2005, 12:18 AM
My husband and I are Chargers fans living in San Jose. We have not met many other fans .. maybe just one every year :( and I'd say all were San Diego transplants. I don't get why there are so few of us in the Bay. I see more Eagles and Steelers fans here than Chargers ...
maybe if you wear your chargers gear around town, maybe everyone else will follow.

Bolts Super Fan
10-13-2005, 10:13 AM
My husband and I are Chargers fans living in San Jose. We have not met many other fans .. maybe just one every year and I'd say all were San Diego transplants. I don't get why there are so few of us in the Bay. I see more Eagles and Steelers fans here than Chargers ...
If you see a white Toyota with a big "Chargers" sticker in the back, that's me! :) I've been up in the Bay area for almost 10 years and haven't seen any car with a Chargers' sticker on it yet :(
BTW, it's Thur morning & there are about 10,000 tickets left for the SD-OAK game. If those tickets are not sold by 1:15 PM today it'll be a blackout :( Anyone has direct TV & the NFL package at home? :D

boltsareback
10-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I have Direct TV NFL Superfan package, which allows me to watch 8 games at once. The screwed up thing is I live in San Jose, so if they don't sell-out, it'll be blacked out locally...even with Direct TV. There's one catch...on NFL Superfan I can watch a small screen of the game along with seven others...so even though it's a small screen I'll see the game! So any of you bay-area bolts fans with Direct TV & NFL SuperFan will be able to see the action on the GameMix channel.

Bolts Super Fan
10-13-2005, 10:47 AM
I have Direct TV NFL Superfan package, which allows me to watch 8 games at once. The screwed up thing is I live in San Jose, so if they don't sell-out, it'll be blacked out locally...even with Direct TV.

Really? I thought they'll show it on direct TV for home owners, just not in public, etc. bars, restaurants...

boltsareback
10-13-2005, 11:59 AM
It stipulates on the contract that any games blacked out locally in your area, are also subject to the blackouot. But last week, the Rams game was blacked out for some reason, but on the game mix channel, I could watch it, just not full screen. We'll see....hopefully!

tfalco10
11-18-2005, 05:38 PM
New to the Bay Area from national city.. just joined the forums.. looking for places to watch the games.. I live in Hayward and so far I've been driving down to Dave and Busters in San Jose to watch the games..

Any places that Charger Fans meet up to watch the games?!

I need peeps to cheer with.. damn i miss san diego

Bolts Super Fan
11-18-2005, 06:40 PM
New to the Bay Area from national city.. just joined the forums.. looking for places to watch the games.. I live in Hayward and so far I've been driving down to Dave and Busters in San Jose to watch the games..

Any places that Charger Fans meet up to watch the games?!

I need peeps to cheer with.. damn i miss san diego

I always go to a bar called "The Blue Bonnet" at the intersection of Evelyn Dr. & Fair Oak Dr. in Sunnyvale. If it's not too far from where you live, come on down! :) The most Chargers fans I've ever seen at the place are... 5! :rolleyes: Otherwise, I'm usually the only one ;) :Beer:

djrell
06-18-2006, 02:51 PM
ayo..

SD here.....i'm currently at SJSU. Oakland Gayders FTG! let me know if any of you San Jose'ers go to some sports bars to watch the Bolts.

kingmalvie
07-07-2006, 12:06 PM
whats up fellow Bolts fans, I'm in San Jose attending SJSU, but from San Diego. What sports bar around town is Charger friendly, or where all other local bolts fans go to?

BeWaReDaBoLt
07-11-2006, 10:01 PM
whats up fellow Bolts fans, I'm in San Jose attending SJSU, but from San Diego. What sports bar around town is Charger friendly, or where all other local bolts fans go to?

What up fella bolt fan...i from san jose too...there is no charger hangouts here...unless me n u start one...lol...but i recommend DB's on sundays...lots of raider and niner fans but i know some of em so they dont bag on me that much...lol...i usually watch games at home cuz i need to keep track of all my football fantasy leagues...

djrell
07-13-2006, 11:09 AM

hey dood..i'm going to sjsu too. and i'm a die hard bolts fan (from oceanside). and i have no idea about the sports bars in san jose..

djrell
07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
What up fella bolt fan...i from san jose too...there is no charger hangouts here...unless me n u start one...lol...but i recommend DB's on sundays...lots of raider and niner fans but i know some of em so they dont bag on me that much...lol...i usually watch games at home cuz i need to keep track of all my football fantasy leagues...

count me in..

kingmalvie
07-19-2006, 02:20 AM
djrell and other SJ fellows, does the University Chicken on 4th (I think) broadcast games?

djrell
07-25-2006, 01:52 AM
djrell and other SJ fellows, does the University Chicken on 4th (I think) broadcast games?

i have no clue

Bobmarleysd
07-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Im from Chula Vista but Im living in Fresno right now. Im usually sporting my Charger jacket when it's not 98+ degrees outside. I know how it is with all the faider/niner fans.

mshawn
08-03-2006, 06:13 PM
San Jose resident and SJSU grad here. I typically go to the Britannia Arms in Cupertino for Chargers games. Usually not too many people there, so you can usually get them to put the Bolts game on the big screen. Most of the time there are at least a couple other Bolts' fans there, and an annoying, drunk Donk fan. Was that ridiculously redundant?

We Rock
08-10-2006, 12:55 PM
If you are looking for a Charger friendly sports bar in the south bay, check out Double D's in Los Gatos on Santa Cruz Ave. There are always at least 5 Charger fans for every game, sometimes as many as 15 (vs. Colts last year was awesome). I am there every sunday in my Gates powder blue jersey!

djrell
08-31-2006, 10:44 PM
all of you who posted in the last 10 or so posts, i think we should head up to Double D's in Los Gatos tomorrow night for the niner game.

jin977
09-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Hey guys,

I'm going to be relocating to the Cupertino/San Jose area. Is it considered Niner Country or Raider Town? If it's the latter, at least I'll get to see two locally televised Charger games.

Otherwise, to see all the Chargers' games, besides heading to a bar, is my only option to order DirecTv?

Thanks!

SDMikey
09-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm in Richmond, CA....Some Faider fan stole my Chargers Antenna ball last season....

Bobmarleysd
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Im here in Lemoore about 45 min outside of Fresno I don't know if it's considered the bay area.

DIMEBOLT
09-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I LIVE IN EAGLE COUNTRY!:Bolt:

DIMEBOLT
09-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Chargers Are Going To Smash The Niners!

CargadoresSD
09-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Cal student. Charger Fan from South San Diego! 619!

curtisboltfan
09-14-2006, 03:43 PM
To all living in SF or Chokeland, me and my bolt crew from SD will be going to the game. 35 of us and more to come from this website. A major tailgate is in the works! There's a lightning storm brewing! Oct 15th at Monster Park.:Beer: :Beer: :Helmet:

djrell
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
If you are looking for a Charger friendly sports bar in the south bay, check out Double D's in Los Gatos on Santa Cruz Ave. There are always at least 5 Charger fans for every game, sometimes as many as 15 (vs. Colts last year was awesome). I am there every sunday in my Gates powder blue jersey!

bump for this post^

sounds like a good place for us to meet up.

IH8Oakland
09-17-2006, 11:10 AM
I am in Jack London Square, right in the heart of Raider country after moving here from SD earlier in the summer. I am going crazy. I need to see some friggin Chargers fan. Where does everyone meet up to watch the game in NorCal (East Bay)?

Mia813
09-17-2006, 05:36 PM
To all living in SF or Chokeland, me and my bolt crew from SD will be going to the game. 35 of us and more to come from this website. A major tailgate is in the works! There's a lightning storm brewing! Oct 15th at Monster Park.:Beer: :Beer: :Helmet:

That sounds awesome, I'm trying to get my boyfriend and his friends to come with me to the game cause I need to get my charger fix! Plus I'm too scared to go to a Raider/Charger game....:(

BabyZSB_6978
09-17-2006, 11:11 PM
I hope I dont get smashed for what I am about to say, but I am gonna be brave! I never watched football (like I have since the season began) and I really really love it and I wanted to pick a team that was west coast and preferably in Cali ... but I refused to bandwagon and go with the 9ers or the Raiders - mostly because I think they suck and the games I have watched over the years - they didnt move me or excite me. Having said that, after following them in the preseason and watching them kick the crap out of the Raiders - I have vowed to learn everything about this team and more about the game. Im a young 28... and female, so be patient! I WILL be going to my first football game in SF when the Bolts make their trip. GO CHARGERS!! Im so excited! :crazy:

ChargersRock14
09-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the Charger Family. I went to college in San Diego, and lived there for over 14 years. I have been a fan of the Bolts since 1981. It was fun to watch the Bolts back then, and this generation is great too! I now live on the Central Coast surrounded by Raider fans. Man, I love to walk around with my Charger gear now a days, because they have nothing to say :)

BabyZSB_6978
09-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks so much! You going to the SF game in October? :Football:

curtisboltfan
09-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks so much! You going to the SF game in October? :Football:
me and my crew of about 25 of us from sd will be there, what's the best tailgatin section at monster park?:Helmet:

curtisboltfan
09-19-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm in Richmond, CA....Some Faider fan stole my Chargers Antenna ball last season....
probably!, i think my bike was probably stolen too by a faider fan.i wouldn't put it by a faider fan to steal a 3yr olds sno-cone,they got to win somehow!:Helmet:

BabyZSB_6978
09-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Im not sure ... see my post to your thread and maybe we can come up with something.

Jmasta911
09-19-2006, 04:40 PM
I from KS man I dont liek Cheifs that much

jesse bolt prid
10-11-2006, 08:45 PM
As most of you know, I live in the heart of Raider Country. It sucks and so do the Raiders. any other Bay Area Boltheads out there??

BDH hey i am a bolt fan from san diego, i am going to the game this sunday, were do the bolt fans hang out in parking lot? help?

LightsOut_8
10-14-2006, 03:00 PM
What's the business? I'm a long time Charger fan. I sat on the field level for last week's game vs. SQUELERS. But now I'm stuck in the Bay area without a bolt friendly place to watch the games every Sunday. If anyone knows any spots near the Stanford area, please advise quickly!

THANKS!

djrell
10-17-2006, 09:40 AM
does anyone go to the university chicken on 3rd street near SJSU? if so, let me know. i'm the only bolt fan there.

captnedd
10-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Greetings Chargers Expatriates,

I'm in Concord, CA. There are a gang of Bolts fans who gather on Sundays at a sports bar in town. It's good group. Drink up and Go Chargers!

Steve :Beer:

djrell
10-21-2006, 10:08 PM
university chicken:

in downtown san jose, go north on 3rd st. it's on the left-hand side on 3rd st. in between san fernando st. and santa clara st.

djrell
10-22-2006, 09:23 AM
i will be at university chicken for the charger chief game at 11am.

BabyZSB_6978
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I would head on over for that ... where at Steve? :Beer:

I'm in Concord, CA. There are a gang of Bolts fans who gather on Sundays at a sports bar in town. It's good group. Drink up and Go Chargers!

LightsOut_8
10-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I was able to watch the CHARGER vs. chiefs @ a place called the Boardwalk in Palo Alto. I live in Sunnyvale ( I know it's uppity) and it seems to be the closest place in the area that has the Sunday Ticket. The Boardwalk is on El Camino Real. This was my first Sunday there and another Bolt fan happen to show up. Good Times. I'm hoping for a better Bolt fan turnout next time.

San Dog
10-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Hey! DC, I live up here in Fremont also. Drop me a line if you want. Right now my neighbors are all Raiturds fans, but they are kind of quiet after that spanking our boys gave them.

ohzee619
10-31-2006, 08:55 PM
:Beer: what up bay area bolt fans... just moved to san jose this past january. i live in downtown san jose. would love to watch games with charger fans... im just down the street from the uni chicken...let me know whats going on...:Beer:

lightsoutfools
10-31-2006, 09:03 PM
WELL FELLAS I KNOW SOME DIE HARD BOLTS FANS THAT GO TO THE CHARGERS JOKELAND FAIDERS GAME. THEY LIVE IN NOR*CAL THEY COME DOWN HERE TO. IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO THEM , JUST E-MAIL ME OR MESSAGE ME, OR IF YOU GOT MYSPACE HIT ME UP THERE ON MY FRIENDS LIST.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=10595332

Whagr01
11-15-2006, 06:51 PM

Where is this place in Concord? I live in Pleasant Hill, and we go to the Stadium Pub in WC every Sunday that the game is not on normal TV? There are 6-8 of us in our immediate group, and we always seem to gather an additional 3-6 every Sunday? There are probably 50 TV's there every game is on, not many faider fans ever, just a damn good time! I am the guy there with the powder 21 or white Alworth, and I usually have my blonde girlfriend next to me. If you come there, say hello!:Helmet:

djrell
11-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Attention ALL SOUTH BAY area Boltz fanz:

go to University Chicken in Downtown San Jose this Sunday for the Charger-Bronco game.

it's on 3rd St in between san fernando and santa clara st.

Whagr01
11-20-2006, 04:48 PM
OK, big weekend in the Bay Area! Wherever you are, go out an represnt the Chargers for the game!!! You know that the Faider fans won't be out, so it should feel like watching a game in a bar in SD!

CrAzY
12-02-2006, 03:36 PM
If you're looking for a spot in the city - my friend and I watch the games at Hooters on Jefferson. Never have a problem finding a seat to watch the game as compared to the few other places we've attempted to catch te game in the city. And we've aways run into at least a couple of other Bolt fans ...

sdthrowback
12-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Just stopping by to say hello to all the NorCal Charger fans!
GO CHARGERS!!!:Bolt:

djrell
12-08-2006, 01:15 PM
ok once again, i'll be at university chicken this sunday to watch the broncos play our team at qualcomm.

university chicken = on 3rd st in between san fernando and santa clara, downtown san jose.

CruX
12-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Charger fan going back to 1979 here. Some of my fondest childhood memories were going to Charger games at the Murph with my dad. I moved up to San Francisco in 2000 for work. I love SF but I love my Bolts even more. It sure sucks having to watch the 49ers and Raiders (when they arent blacked out :D )

Go Bolts!!!

matt3706
12-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I gotta go up north to visit my uncle for x-mas. Anywhere good in SF area to watch the bolts at?

djrell
12-21-2006, 10:59 PM
I gotta go up north to visit my uncle for x-mas. Anywhere good in SF area to watch the bolts at?

unfortunately, you'll have to search this thread for the answer.

Whagr01
12-22-2006, 12:47 PM

If you are in the East Bay, got to Walnut Creek to a place called STADIUM PUB. They have some 50 TV's and every game is on!:Beer: :Beer:

CruX
12-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Another decent spot is Jillians bottom floor of the Metreon. 4th and Mission. Good selection of brews on tap and a typical menu (i.e. buffalo wings, garlic fries, onion rings, burgers, pizza, etc)

djrell
12-31-2006, 08:36 AM
i will be at university chicken today to watch the Chargers and Az.

Tiny Universe
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
I was able to watch the CHARGER vs. chiefs @ a place called the Boardwalk in Palo Alto. I live in Sunnyvale ( I know it's uppity) and it seems to be the closest place in the area that has the Sunday Ticket. The Boardwalk is on El Camino Real. This was my first Sunday there and another Bolt fan happen to show up. Good Times. I'm hoping for a better Bolt fan turnout next time.

Nice! I know exactly where that is. I grew up in Palo Alto following the Niners (and Raiders) until 1995. Good to hear that the Chargers fans are alive and well back home. :Beer:

bolt635
06-27-2007, 04:14 PM

BDH

Gilroy, Ca. Here!!! Go Bolts......

angelhalo81
07-08-2007, 04:44 AM
I want to organize a NorCal Fan Club and meet up to watch games and BS about the games. Going to the Raiders game on Dec 30th!!! YIKES!!! but I need to find a group to go with! :17::Bolt:

smoofinho19
07-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Where is the best place to watch a Bolt game in Oakland or Berkeley? I am going to school in that area and have no clue where to go.:19::17::21::19:

sf_bolt fan
07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
San Francisco Chargers Fans -

We have about 30 Bolts Fans at Bayside Sports Bar on Union Street every Sunday last year.

Lets take over the bar this year for the season opener against the Bears. The address is 1787 Union St (between Octavia and Gough)

A huge turnout for the first game would really set the tone for the season.

smoofinho19
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I will be there with a couple of other Bolts fans with you guys. It will be awesome watching the game with that many Charger fans! I can't wait for the season to start.:17::19::17::Beer:

CFL
08-05-2007, 07:18 PM
1787 union,Bolts and Bears,Ohhhhh yeah!Go bolts!!!!

djrell
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
anyone in san jose watching the game this sunday?

ferdy619
09-09-2007, 12:45 AM
bay side sports bar on union...i'm there with my powder blue...

sf_bolt fan
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
:Bolt::Bolt::Bolt::Bolt:

Bayside Sports Bar might has well been in San Diego on Sunday.

More Chargers fans than anything else. Keep showing up people, lets makes this a true Chargers bar.

Great turnout, sloppy game but we pulled it out.

Lets show our numbers again on Sunday against the Pats.

1787 Union Street

http://baysidesportssf.com/

djrell
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM

More Chargers fans than anything else. Keep showing up people, lets makes this a true Chargers bar.

1787 Union Street

can't go this weekend. i can probably go next weekend.

LightsOut_8
09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Been looking for good Bolt Bar up here. Since I have the Sunday ticket it's hard to get out. I might show up for the Denver game. Down with the Donkos!

ap181706
09-19-2007, 10:25 PM
I am in Santa Cruz and I desperately want to be in a more Charger friendly atmosphere!

SDTom
10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey Bay Area Bolts fans, I live in Carlsbad and would like to see the Bolts play in Oakland at the Coliseum. Do you know if there a Bay Area Bolts fan Association and if so do they buy tickets for the annual showdown between the two teams in Oakland. I would love to go, but I would want to go with a big group of Charger fans surrounding me. Airfare is already taken care of because I have a free travel voucher on Southwest Airlines and I can just fly up in the morning and go back home to Carlsbad later that night. Please let me know. Bolts fan 4 LIFE!!!!

FTHERAIDERS
12-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Double D's sports bar in los gatos is pretty Cool. they have good food/drinks and its not that crowded if you go a little early. I'll be there this sunday at 9:30 for the bolts / titans game .... I'm the big guy in the Fouts jersey

sanjoseboltfan
12-04-2007, 02:54 AM
san jose bolt fan since 1991 i moved up here from lancaster ca . im there at double d's sports and grill to watch the chargers

go chargers

crixus
12-04-2007, 05:21 AM
As a San Diego native and San Jose State alum, I just want to commend all you Bay Area Chargers fans. It's nice to know that some of you have good taste up there. Both the Raiders and Niner's are in sorry shape. :logo

Boltcrazy17
12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Huge group of 8 going to the last game of the year in Oakland. Sitting in 144 Bolts side. Any good place to meet up with other Charger fans at the game??????

FTHERAIDERS
12-13-2007, 10:39 AM
I will be at double d's again this week ....lots of charger fans last week ...it got fun at the end when we had something to cheer about.

DoWn4sD619
12-24-2007, 11:06 PM
That @$$ kickin we gave the donks tonight was great. I can't wait for da boltz to get ahold of oakland and shut them up this sunday. Ima try to make it out to that game. Charger fans unite and show those CHOKELAND fans how we do it down south!!!:LightsOut:

BayAreaCharger
12-25-2007, 01:27 AM
I used to live in Berkeley for college, but I'm now back in San Diego.

Ah, the memories.

DoWn4sD619
12-25-2007, 02:33 PM
anyone know where to get good seats at McAfee Stadium for the game sunday? I just wanna sit next to some charger fans and not so many raider fans (I hate the smell of failure). Let me know...:helmet

playrugbysd
12-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Up in Fremont visiting family and am looking for a place to watch the game this weekend. Looks like University Chicken is the closest? Which one is recommended and where will there be a group? Hope to see some other Charger fans on Sunday!

LReily
12-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey all.. I just got tickets to the Charger/Raider game this Sunday.. I am so EXCITED.. Can't wait to see all my fellow Charger Fans.. :logo

aRok99
12-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm from Sacramento Ca and I'm going to the Raiders Chargers game to represent!:logo

afraire
12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
flying up from SD for the game myself. Hope to see some fellow fans. I'll be in my powder blue #41. see ya in Section 233!

sdfan4lf
12-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Anyone know of a sports bar near Tracy?

girlie SD fan
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi All,
Looking for a place where there may be Chargers fans getting together to watch the Chargers vs Patriots on Sunday! My brother (visiting from Jersey) and I are die-hard fans(30 years) and would like to enjoy the game with fellow fans....If you have any suggestions...please let me know...
thanks,
Lisa

djrell
01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi All,
Looking for a place where there may be Chargers fans getting together to watch the Chargers vs Patriots on Sunday! My brother (visiting from Jersey) and I are die-hard fans(30 years) and would like to enjoy the game with fellow fans....If you have any suggestions...please let me know...
thanks,
Lisa

what part of the bay are you guys in? i'm in san jose.....

i usually go to double d's in los gatos. there are Charger fans there. i heard there's a place in SF too. i forget the name.

djrell
01-15-2008, 10:52 PM

1787 Union Street

here's the place^

i might go there this sunday.

LightEmUp
01-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm up in the Bay right now - REPRESENT!

Rudyoda86
02-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Saying hi from San Francisco! Good to know I am not alone up here in the Bay Area.

650Chargers
07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm from the BAY. Do we even have a Booster Club around?

CHARGERSDOC
07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Whaddup guys,

Anyone from Vallejo/Benicia? I need a place to watch Chargers game in around this area. Let me know, I'll bring the chips:LightsOut:

shayjay
07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Just moved to the bay area from SD. Living in Alameda. Nice to know I'm not the only Bolt fan here.

scream619
07-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Just moved to monterey cali, from San Diego in May.
I hope to find some fellow Charger Fans in raider and 49er town
Drop me line if you are out there!!!

shayjay
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Any bolt fans in or near Alameda CA. Its that time of year!!!!!!! just moved here from San Diego and its hard being in the middle of the black hole. All I see and her about are Raiders this Raiders that. If your out there HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djrell
08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Any bolt fans in or near Alameda CA. Its that time of year!!!!!!! just moved here from San Diego and its hard being in the middle of the black hole. All I see and her about are Raiders this Raiders that. If your out there HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm in san jose, and i go to alameda quite often.

chargers4
08-18-2008, 07:29 PM
ORIGINALLY FROM ONTARIO (SO.CAL), JUS MOVED HERE ABOUT 2YRS. NOW
HOLLAH AT ME!

Sundiego
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
What are some good Charger bars in the East Bay. I just got up here.

Thanks.

djrell
09-03-2008, 12:02 AM
east bay? try the black hole.

wkovacs
09-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Moved to SF from SD in the beginning of the year so havn't got to explore any good sports bars to watch the games, anyone know of any?

djrell
09-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Moved to SF from SD in the beginning of the year so havn't got to explore any good sports bars to watch the games, anyone know of any?

go back a few pages. there's a major Charger-infested sports bar in downtown SF. i forget the name. i'm in a hurry right now..don't have time to scroll back.

wkovacs
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
go back a few pages. there's a major Charger-infested sports bar in downtown SF. i forget the name. i'm in a hurry right now..don't have time to scroll back.

Thanks, but I hope you're not talking about Bayside Sports Bar...as it apparently closed down couple months back :(

cheezbolt
09-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Does Anybody Live in The Antelope Valley
that isn't a Raiders Fan?
PM me. :Bolt:POWER

djrell
09-05-2008, 08:08 PM
that isn't a Raiders Fan?
PM me. :Bolt:POWER

Um the thread title says, "Bay Area Bolt Fans."

djrell
09-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks, but I hope you're not talking about Bayside Sports Bar...as it apparently closed down couple months back :(

Sorry. I think that was it.

djrell
09-06-2008, 09:26 PM
hey i will be at the University Chicken watching most of the games tomorrow. This place is located on 3rd St. Downtown San Jose between San Fernando St. and Santa Clara St.

Ted S
09-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Another Bay Area Bolts fan checking in... I'm in the process of relocating to Redwood City for a consulting gig that lasts the season.

I'll be out in the east bay (concord) next week. Any recommendations for a friendly place to catch the Monday night game? I'll try the South Bay spots in a few weeks.

Thanks!

afraire
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm in SF and looking to watch with other fans. Staying at a friend's place near AT&T Park but will anywhere in the city. Anyone know where to go?

FTHERAIDERS
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Anyone know if this sundays game is in danger of being blacked out?

FTHERAIDERS
09-24-2008, 01:19 PM
if it is blacked out in San Jose....Does anyone want to go?

Yooklid
09-24-2008, 11:11 PM
In SF here - Marina.

There's about 5 or 6 of us who meet in Monaghan's on Pierce St (cross Chestnut). Usually a good time.

afraire
09-25-2008, 09:50 AM
My report on Monday Night here in SF:
I found a place near my friend's place where I'm staying called Overtime Sports Bar and Grill. Lots of tvs and not that crowded. Every tv was showing the game (it was MNF), but the cool part was that the bartender (joe) was a bolts fan from Oceanside.
It was a good time and watched with friends. Found a another Charger jersey wearing fan there too.

great fries as well.

hooman6mt
09-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Another bay area fan here. Just got my new Cromartie jersey, and I'm looking to sport it for the faider game.

Let's get a place and make it the bay area Chargers spot.

I've gone to Double D's in LG, and it's cool, but you don't find other chargers fans there. We should just find a nice local bar and overtake it.

hooman6mt
09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
One night at Khartoum's in Campbell, I remember the bartender was wearing a chargers hat and he said he was a big chargers fan. Maybe they will get some charger fans there for the game?

FTHERAIDERS
09-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Someone pick a spot and lets get a dam Charger party going....went to the Almaden Brit on monday night...PATHETIC. Me and two other bolt fans who had no interest in co-miserating/ co-celebrating. Double D's is cool , but I'd like to try something new. I'm sure that with all these bolt fans in San Jose we can get at least 5 people to commit. Lets DO This

RAYRAY37
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Anyone know if this sundays game is in danger of being blacked out?

I did not find anything yet about the blackout.

DoWn4sD619
09-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey Im in the coast guard and stationed out in the bay area, any good places in the north bay (Novato, Petaluma) to go watch the Chargers??? BTW Ima be at the game tomorrow out in Chokeland anyone else rollin??

afraire
09-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm in SF but taking BART to watch the game somewhere in Oakland wearing my #99 jersey. Don't know where yet, but hope to see some fellow fans out. Feel free to send me an email message if anyone out there is alone and looking for a Charger buddy in Oakland

hooman6mt
09-28-2008, 12:00 PM
So does anyone know for sure if the game is blacked out or not?

FTHERAIDERS
09-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I havent heard anything about a blackout. Comcast digital cable Guide is showing that the game is on.

FTHERAIDERS
09-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm in SF but taking BART to watch the game somewhere in Oakland wearing my #99 jersey. Don't know where yet, but hope to see some fellow fans out. Feel free to send me an email message if anyone out there is alone and looking for a Charger buddy in Oakland

WoW! You've Got balls Kid!

bolt635
09-28-2008, 12:52 PM
So does anyone know for sure if the game is blacked out or not?

I read it was sold out and would be on!

FTHERAIDERS
10-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Anyone down to meet up to watch the Bolts Offense tear the Fins secondary apart? Man would I love see us play 4 quarters of good football for once this season.

ChargerPower
10-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Im from san diego :P Anyways sup bay peeps

DoWn4sD619
10-05-2008, 01:28 AM
any1 know if they're gonna air the game on CBS 5 out here at 10am???

Yooklid
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
They always show the Charger's games at Monaghan's on Pierce St. The bartender is a friend and always puts it on.

Plus, they open at 10 for the early games!

Groundweasle
10-07-2008, 12:19 AM
I live in central calif. Bakersfield. and all you see here are raider fan UGH. Im so sick of going to the stores walmart, Vons, 711. ect and all they have out is raider stuff . raider key chains, raider cups, raider mugs, raider T shirts Its hard being a charger fan in Bako.

BayAreaCharger
10-07-2008, 03:17 AM
I used to go to Cal. I'd watch the games at Kip's with a bunch of Raider fans.

They were more interested in what kind of beer I was drinking.

I've got good taste in beer.

I'm going hyphy in my white t-shirt, blue jeans, Nikes (TM), and paper bag.

RAYRAY37
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I live in central calif. Bakersfield. and all you see here are raider fan UGH. Im so sick of going to the stores walmart, Vons, 711. ect and all they have out is raider stuff . raider key chains, raider cups, raider mugs, raider T shirts Its hard being a charger fan in Bako.

Well down here raider fans are complaining about all the charger stuff sold in stores.

Cabriana
10-07-2008, 11:07 PM
I LOVE the Chargers. and I live in San Francisco. I love my city but the Chargers will always be my team!:helmet

FTHERAIDERS
10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Anyone Want to group up in San Jose to watch the game this Sunday.
Cowboy game is on at the same time... So we'll have to find a small bar to take over. Go Bolts

NorCal Charger
10-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Here in Wine country now for 13 years....Healdsburg,CA Thank God for NFL Ticket..Go BOLTZ

Yooklid
10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
They always show the Charger's games at Monaghan's on Pierce St. The bartender is a friend and always puts it on.

Plus, they open at 10 for the early games!

I'm freaking amazed at how all the fly by night fans melted away on Sunday - there was only 3 of us left...

viento1602
11-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Where is the best place to watch the Bolts on Sunday in the City?

FTHERAIDERS
11-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Looking for a good place to watch the game in San jose?

djrell
11-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Looking for a good place to watch the game in San jose?

university chicken 3rd st, between san fernando and santa clara, downtown or double D's in saratoga.

DC Charger Fan
12-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Been living in Marin (Corte Madera) since May. Still in search of a decent place to watch. Anybody got a suggestion?

hooman6mt
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm going to Double D's in Los Gatos. From what I've read, it seems to have the most Chargers fans.

djrell
01-03-2009, 11:46 PM
There were quite a few of us Charger fans at University Chicken, Downtown San Jose.

FTHERAIDERS
01-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Theres a bunch of Steeler fans that get together @ the Brittania Arms Downtown...Might be fun to get a group together and go watch and talk a little S!@#

FTHERAIDERS
01-09-2009, 02:42 PM
BA Bolt fans....nothing huh? Lame

busterharkin
01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I read an earlier post that Bayside Sports was a place where fans used to congregate, but they are now closed. Does anyone know where the gang moved to?

scream619
02-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Anyone want to start a Bay Area Booster Club and meet up for some games?

big83worm
02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Im originally from San Mateo,CA 10 minutes south of the dump where the weak ass 49ers play ball... I now live about an hour to the east in Tracy, right here in the heart of Raider Nation... Raiders suck and so do all their THUG fans
I love seeing SD kicking raider ass everytime at The Oakland Coliseum!!
although I have to go as an undercover CHARGER fan
learned it hard the first time, 65,000 angry Raider fans wanted to fight
and waiting to piss in the bathrooms felt like HOURS.... =(

scream619
04-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Any one going to the Monday Night game in Oakland?
I'm looking for some more Charger fans to kick it with.
Drop me a line.

bebegoat52
08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Does anybody know of any East Bay bars to catch the games? I gave up the Sunday ticket and need to find a spot to watch our march to the Super Bowl.

norcalcharger
08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I live in Wine country north of San Francisco and let me tell you(As you can imagine) I am surrounded by Niner and Raider fans. My vehicles have very large BOLTZ on the back and constantly get "THE LOOK"...Never has come to blows but pretty close to it. Parking lots, softball games, and even Church are not out of reach. I have gone to a few Niner games and we smoked them.Niner fans for the most part are pretty tame. I don't want to get stabbed or killed so I watch Raider games on Direct TV. Most Raider fans are cool though when there out of there element, but get too many together and some liquid courage in them and there complete A-Holes. But to answer your original question just look up Sports Bars in the Yellow pages and should have many to choose from. Little advice though: Try not celebrate too much when were kicking there A@@.

djrell
08-20-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't want to get stabbed or killed so I watch Raider games on Direct TV. [/COLOR]

LOL

Where do you watch games?

djrell
08-20-2009, 07:32 PM
once again, you guys, i live in San Jose. I usually watch Charger games at Double D's in Los Gatos or University Chicken in Downtown SJ. Actually, it used to be called Univ. Chicken. I forgot the new name.

But anyway, I'm down to hang out with other Bolts fans. Let me know what's up.

bebegoat52
08-20-2009, 07:43 PM
It definitely sux that in order to avoid being stabbed or killed you have to get raped by Directv for the Sunday Ticket. I did love that red zone channel though when waiting for the Chargers game to come on. Only way to see Raider home highlights when their games were blacked out.

powderblue zoo
08-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm up near wine country as well, attending Sonoma State University. Even though there's plenty of niner and raider fans at the school, you see more Charger jerseys than anything on game days. I simply wear normal clothes when I go to the Raider/Charger games in Oakland, as to avoid the things i've witnessed there: A young girl pouring a soda on a charger fan's seat while she went to the bathroom, a charger fan's jersey get stripped and thrown off the top level, and a straight up fist fight in the parking lot before gametime.

Markybooo
08-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I've talked to a few NorCal Boltheads and the topic of a NorCal Booster Club has come up. I'm not quite sure where to start but it's something myself and a couple other guys are looking into. Any suggestions would be helpful and let me know if there's any interest in something like this.

Dude... I'm in.

swithouski
08-27-2009, 02:44 PM
what up everybody, name is Stan. I have lived in SD my whole life but took a job in San Francisco. will be moving up there the weekend before Monday night. Been thinking about getting tix to the game. How dangerous can the coliseum get? anyway if that doesn't work out I'd like to know where in the city I will be spending my Sundays for the next 4 months. Lets go BOLTS !!!

djrell
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
San Jose (or adjacent areas) Bolt fans, plz check in! Let's get together for games.

BryanP
09-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Checking in from SF. Going to be at the MNF opener with my woman... Section 144 Row 1 baby! :Bolt:

djrell
09-08-2009, 11:43 PM
where is everyone watching the Charger/raider game?

BryanP
09-09-2009, 12:21 AM
where is everyone watching the Charger/raider game?

live baby :logo

djrell
09-09-2009, 09:05 AM
you must mean at the stadium. live doesn't mean that you have to be at the stadium though.

theflyingonz
09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
what's up my fellow bolts brethren! this is my first season up here in the bay area. i'm living in sf and was wondering if there's a charger bar here in the city. i'd love to watch the game with other fans without worrying about getting shanked by raider fans.
any thoughts?

Cam619
09-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Whats up Bolt fans? I watch the games either at Zekes (off of 3rd Brannan) or someone told me Greens sportsbar (off of Polk neer Green) which I heard is also a Patriots bar. I've been gathering Charger fans the past year so let me know where you want to watch the BEAT DOWN!

Cam619
09-10-2009, 05:01 PM
How about we all go to Zekes to watch the game? It probably wont be too crowded and they have plenty of TVs. I'll be bringing at least 5 or 6 fans. If you have a btter suggestion let me know. Zekes definetly better on Sundays.

channickboy1
09-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Danny Coyle's bar is where its at. Mass charger fans always

Kellenismyboy
09-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I live in Sacramento and am willing to host game day parties. I want at least 10 diehards to respond. Who wants to watch the game at my house>???

djrell
09-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Everyone, head over to Smoke Eaters in Downtown San Jose. I'll be one of a few Charger fans in there surrounded by stupid raiter fans.

Smoke Eaters (formerly called University Chicken) is located on 3rd St between Santa Clara and San Fernando very close to SJSU (about a block).

BryanP
09-14-2009, 12:31 AM
you must mean at the stadium. live doesn't mean that you have to be at the stadium though.

...Yes, live at the stadium.

IrieSociety
12-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Any Boltz Fans in Fremont, Sunnyvale, San Jose, Milpitas area?

Awesome place to watch the Chargers games... Stuft Pizza in Milpitas. About 20 flat screens... and always playing the Charger games.

I'll be there this weekend for the Dallas/Charger game... probably outnumbered... but will represent for sure! Cool place... never any bad conflicts... if there is... they'll be banned from this place. Everyone there is cool though.

-IRIE Jay

djrell
12-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I'd like to watch the game, but I have to attend a study session. Sorry..

EastBayBolt
12-15-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm in the Bay Area (El Cerrito) and I want to watch the Bengals game this Sunday. Anyone know if a bolt-firendly bar?

djrell
12-15-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm in the Bay Area (El Cerrito) and I want to watch the Bengals game this Sunday. Anyone know if a bolt-firendly bar?

Check the last few pages.

EastBayBoltFan2
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm in Danville. I've been a Charger Fan since I was a Kid. I've been in the Bay area for 18 years.

djrell
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
so anyone wanna have a Charger gathering for our first play off game?

red star
01-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I'd be up for that in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I'll be in Boston for that game. But maybe the AFCCG? ;-)

boltguy
01-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Anyone out there near contra costa area it would be nice to hook up with some fans for playoffs and the Super Bowl which we will be playing in GO SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS!!!!!!:Bolt:

boltguy
01-17-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm in Antioch trying to hook up with local fans for post season games

djrell
01-17-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm in San Jose. Will watch the game at Smoke Eaters in Downtown SJ.

CHARG3RS909
01-26-2010, 12:47 AM
HAYWARD area right here!

Chgrs55
03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm in Vallejo :layup :21:

TAMA CHARGER
07-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Hayward right here

poi_boi_23
08-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Sunnyvale/San Jose here looking for a place to meet up with some Charger fans and watch the game, any suggestions?

louisryan86@gmail.com

nshepherd42
08-28-2010, 11:17 AM
So I missed the game last night since I am stuck in San Francisco, anyone have a link or a full download? PM me?

Sundiego
08-28-2010, 01:53 PM
NFL replay will have it.

I have it DVRed now if there was anyway I could send it to you I would.

Merfinator
08-28-2010, 10:42 PM
NFLN will replay it Sunday morning at 4am PST (lol)... or 10am Tuesday morning.

CruX
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
It's only pre-season I know.... but I'm thinking about heading to Candlestick to support my bolts. Anyone else going?

Ted S
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
It's only pre-season I know.... but I'm thinking about heading to Candlestick to support my bolts. Anyone else going?

I'll be there. LB7, row M

Boltbaby
09-01-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm going to Oakland from Oregon to see the game. I'm trying to figure out where to stay inexpensively as possible. Any thoughts?

Also, I have a parking pass for lot A. Will there be any Bolt fans tailgating there?

Scored some 40 yard line tix behind Charger bench (row 11)! So excited!!!!

red star
09-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Alameda right here. I'm going to the game tomorrow too and taking my girlfriend to her first football game ever! :-)

Boltbaby
09-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Alameda right here. I'm going to the game tomorrow too and taking my girlfriend to her first football game ever! :-)

What hotels are in Alameda that are not ridiculously expensive but safe?

red star
09-01-2010, 11:18 PM

Not sure, to be honest. Alameda is very safe though. I'd take it over Oakland any day.

Bolts Trev
09-02-2010, 12:09 AM

You're going to overpay for being so close to the bay in places like Alameda and Emeryville. If you're thinking of a hotel for the Raiders game in Oakland and don't mind traveling 30 mins by road, I'd stay at a Larkspur Landing hotel in either Pleasanton or near the SF airport. Right around $100 and you'll get great quality.

ap181706
09-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Anybody in Redwood City area?

hooman6mt
12-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Anyone going to watch the game today in SF?

DJChas
05-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Anyone know a place in SF or near by that Charger fans go to watch Charger games on Sunday??

Anyone?

Anwar
09-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Can anyone help me out here? I'm likely going to visit family somewhere up in the Bay Area on 10/9. On that day, I'm either gonna be somewhere on 16th St. in San Francisco, or around 8th and Franklin St. in Oakland.

I would hate having to miss out on Chargers football, especially since they won't be showing the Chargers in the bay area on whoever family member's tv I watch, and definitely I won't be able to listen to it on radio.

So can someone out there cross reference either locations I mentioned with trying to find a bar or restaurant that'll show Chargers football?

Thank you, and go Bolts.

Egor190
09-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Can anyone help me out here? I'm likely going to visit family somewhere up in the Bay Area on 10/9. On that day, I'm either gonna be somewhere on 16th St. in San Francisco, or around 8th and Franklin St. in Oakland.

I would hate having to miss out on Chargers football, especially since they won't be showing the Chargers in the bay area on whoever family member's tv I watch, and definitely I won't be able to listen to it on radio.

So can someone out there cross reference either locations I mentioned with trying to find a bar or restaurant that'll show Chargers football?

Thank you, and go Bolts.

My brother lives up there and I go up there a lot, and he says theres some Chargers bars around thatll show the game. Im not old enough to go to bars yet so I dont know the names or where theyre at though. Id say just call around all the bars and ask em what games they show

Anwar
09-15-2011, 11:03 PM
My brother lives up there and I go up there a lot, and he says theres some Chargers bars around thatll show the game. Im not old enough to go to bars yet so I dont know the names or where theyre at though. Id say just call around all the bars and ask em what games they show

Can u ask him Which places are best to go to to watch Chargers games?

SDChargeHer
09-15-2011, 11:10 PM

Thank you, and go Bolts.

Take the Bart to Walnut Creek and go to Stadium Pub. You won't be surrounded by raiders fans. I went there for the LT record breaker game against denver in 06 and like 10 other times.

Anwar
09-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Take the Bart to Walnut Creek and go to Stadium Pub. You won't be surrounded by raiders fans. I went there for the LT record breaker game against denver in 06 and like 10 other times.

Walnut Creek? Stadium Pub? Is that like near Macafee Stadium? And also, the problem is the Raiders and Chargers will play at the same time.

SDChargeHer
09-15-2011, 11:12 PM

Thank you, and go Bolts.

Dont go to rickys or the englanders one. Trust me Go to stadium Pub if you can. Its like 4 bucks from oakland on bart

Anwar
09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Walnut Creek? Stadium Pub? Is that like near Macafee Stadium? And also, the problem is the Raiders and Chargers will play at the same time.

... Strike that. The Raiders will be in Houston that day. Well, I'd like to know intueyll show the Chargers Broncos game on CBS at 1pm PST in San Fran and or Oakland.

dekkerbasser
09-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Hey there, FWIW:

If you're willing to travel to the City, Danny Coyles in the Haight
(http://www.reddit.com/r/Chargers/comments/kg7qw/fan_in_the_sf_bay_area_here_san_mateo_whats_a/#)This website http://www.chargertom.com/Gathering.html says The Swingin Door in San Mateo broadcasts Chargers games but I don't know how old it is. I would check with them first.chargertom.com has no affiliation with neither the board nor the mod.

EDIT - I do not live up there nor have I seen a game up there. These are merely suggestions from another board.

CHARG3RS909
10-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Im originally from southern cali, but now i live in Hayward, im just tryn to see how many CHARGERS FANS out here in the area dat wanna hang out and reppresent for our CHARGERS! CHARGERS 4 LIFE!

CHARG3RS909
10-25-2011, 01:20 AM
im here in hayward but tryn to see if any other CHARGERS fans is willing to hang out and watch da monday night game vs. KC next week.

huskyboy
10-25-2011, 10:51 AM
the charger bar in the bay area is Danny Coyle's in san francisco.... enjoy!

mgsdad1671
06-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Originally from Oceanside, but am now in Windsor. I'm the only Charger fan in this town.

I not only represent, I'm a season ticket holder.

Show me your Lightning Bolt Encinitas, Chula Vista, Oceanside, and up and down the west coast!

djrell
01-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Originally from Oceanside, but am now in Windsor. I'm the only Charger fan in this town.

I not only represent, I'm a season ticket holder.

Show me your Lightning Bolt Encinitas, Chula Vista, Oceanside, and up and down the west coast!

I'm from Oceanside and currently reside in San Jose area.

Bolts fan since 1978-79ish (grade school).

BeWaReDaBoLt
01-23-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm from Oceanside and currently reside in San Jose area.

Bolts fan since 1978-79ish (grade school).

From San Jose too. Can you believe how many Niner fans there is that came out of no where. :LightsOut:

djrell
02-02-2013, 12:10 PM
lol ya

but it's like that everywhere. And I hate to say it, but SD is just as bad. Look at how many bolt stickers you see on cars these days in SD.

djrell
02-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't remember seeing that in the 80s and 90s when I still lived down there.

These days when I come down to visit family in Oceanside, I see bolt stickers on every other car.

scream619
05-07-2013, 01:14 PM
I created this facebook group so we could all connect and meet up.
I am in Monterey, CA. Join the group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/429332243829873/