PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins - Bears trade

Chargeroo
08-22-2004, 11:10 AM
From NFL.com - "At an impasse over a new contract, the Dolphins dealt DE Adewale Ogunleye to the Bears, getting WR Marty Booker and a third-round pick in return. "

I think this improves the Bears defense quite a bit. I wonder though, if they have a WR to replace Booker? On the other hand, do the Dolphins have a QB to utilize Bookers skills at WR?

Shamrock
08-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Driving around and listening to sports radio, the concensus seems to be that Ogunleye won't be as effective in Chicago as he was in Miami. In Miami, he had solid line play around him, and above average LB's. Chicago has Urlacher, and not much else.

Miami really didn't get much in return. Booker is a decent #2, but nothing real special.

foty89
09-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by: Shamrock
Driving around and listening to sports radio, the concensus seems to be that Ogunleye won't be as effective in Chicago as he was in Miami. In Miami, he had solid line play around him, and above average LB's. Chicago has Urlacher, and not much else.

Miami really didn't get much in return. Booker is a decent #2, but nothing real special.

Yeah, but what else did Miami have left for receivers?

He probably won't be as good with the Bears, but he got the money he wanted, and now can go on to flop like some other expensive players some might remember from recent years with the Bolts. He just has to develop jawjackitis now and he will be all set.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

maverjoe
09-06-2004, 10:08 PM
I think Oguleye will be good, and the team has a pretty solid group of young wideouts. BUT the beas gave to much...why give up a pick for a player who was holding out to a team thet was in dire need of wrs...UNLESS another team was fighting to trade with Miami.

urlacher54
09-07-2004, 02:51 AM
Im a charger fan for life, but i also love the bears. Chicago's defense with the addition of Ogunleye will be such a huge bonus. They gave up Marty booker, an excellent reciever, but they are recieveing a pro bowl pass rusher who will make a big impact. Why? Becuase he has Tommie Harris, a first round pick, and also Alex Brown to help. Big Help for the Bears. Great trade, dont know about giving up a third round pick also though =.....