PDA

View Full Version : Wade Phillips

Chargeroo
08-30-2004, 05:28 PM
I read the remarks of our new DE, Dave Ball and found it very interesting that he already credits Wade Phillips for his rapid improvement in camp, - good read -

http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=1833

Threadkiller
08-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks Roo.

After reviewing the tape, I don't think our defense looked as bad as I originally thought. We were pretty effective on a ton of plays, and forced A LOT of third-and-longs. Problem was, the 'Hawks converted every time. It just seems like gap responsiblity and recognition issues, and I'm sure Wade has already started to address those.

Anyways, it's not like last year, when we would just get pounded, both physically and intellectually.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but that's what I saw. We're NOT getting pushed around.

IronMountain1960
08-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Phillips is great, and Ball has really impressed me with his pass rushing moves, speed and ability. Phllips is the main reason I think the Chargers will be greatly improved this year. Last two years Lindsey made watching the Charger D painful at best, Phillips is a big upgrade.

xnet
08-31-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm still not convinced we can stop the passing game. All an offensive coordinator has to do is send someone to the flat and the pass will be completed for 4-5 yards.

kiwibolt
08-31-2004, 04:25 PM
Xnet,
I agree with your concern for the passing game. I think our LB's are going to have a hard time covering in the flats...especially considering that on most plays one or more of the LB's is going to be helping out with pass rush or assignments deep in the line. I think our LB's are gonna get pinched in often in an attempt to support the D-line, and when this happens it takes TONS of speed to get to the flats to cover a RB who has just blown out to the flat.

foty89
04-27-2005, 02:31 PM
I was a tad bit bored with some of the current topics, so I thought I would bring up this blast from the past. Funny how these posts were right on the money.

Go Bolts!
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt:

MMJ4mil
04-27-2005, 02:50 PM
I was a tad bit bored with some of the current topics, so I thought I would bring up this blast from the past. Funny how these posts were right on the money.

Go Bolts!
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt:

haha yea, your Mr. Resurrecter today.