PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Finally Get Message Boards!!

GoGo21
09-03-2004, 08:14 AM
YEUHHHH!!!! Soo pumped, Chargers Finally Get Message Boards!! man spread the word and bring all the Bolt fans here.

Threadkiller
09-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by: joelbolt
We're ready to expand our test to a few more users and we're looking for your help. Please invite a few more people who you think would like the Chargers Forums and could help us make it even better. All I ask is that you don’t post the link on other forums.

Given that joel said “a few” more than once, I think we should hold off on telling the world about this board for now.

joelbolt
09-03-2004, 10:24 AM
This morning I posted a link on chargers.com so you should start seeing a few new members joining in the next few days. It’s kind of like a soft launch. Feel free to invite other I just don’t want people posting links out on other boards "advertising" to come to the Chargers forum. Slowly easing into this I think will allow the die hard fans a chance to get the username they want.

Chargeroo
09-03-2004, 12:15 PM
The "die hard" fans are the ones on the other boards so telling them first seems a good idea, except I guess, that we could get flooded by a couple thousand.

Anyway, welcome to new member GOGo21! Come back ofter and back the Bolts!i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Threadkiller
09-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Any chance that this board will have an "ignore" function?

joelbolt
09-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by: Threadkiller

Banning allows you to ignore messages from other users. Enter usernames in the field and click on “Ignore User”. You have to go to "PRIVATE MESSAGES" and look for the "BANNINING" link.

chargerfanjim619
09-03-2004, 11:30 PM
This is awesome, finally a mesage board for Charger Fans. Almost like we can be like all other NFL Fans. Thank You to whoever finally did this.

Shamrock
09-04-2004, 05:57 PM

Banning allows you to ignore messages from other users. Enter usernames in the field and click on “Ignore User”. You have to go to "PRIVATE MESSAGES" and look for the "BANNINING" link.
I tried that before and it didn't work, does it work now?

RideTheLightning
09-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Awesome. I already see a few familiar names, hope to see some more people migrate over here from the UT forums.

foty89
09-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Yep, this is cool! I have seen some familiar names here from the UT board too. Next step: POP 3 e-mail!

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Threadkiller
09-06-2004, 06:55 AM

This doesn't work for me either.

Some of the posters here are clowns; I'm hoping that this function gets fixed in the very near future.

Shamrock
09-06-2004, 07:06 AM

This doesn't work for me either.

Some of the posters here are clowns; I'm hoping that this function gets fixed in the very near future.Damn, how could you tell? And I always get off my tricycle, and wipe away the makeup before I post .....

flutiefan1
09-06-2004, 11:30 AM
hi guys, its me again, glad to see some of my old friends are here like my good buddy shamrock, let me start off my first post predicting that the chargers will beat the texans 42-35 in a thriller, flutie to come in relief of a ineffective brees, flutie to throw for 4 td's and rush for 2 more, 20 of 20 for 400 yds, will be named player of the week, not bad for a 42 yr old, after the game marty to name flutie starter for the rest of the season and peter king reverses his 2-14 prediction to 14-2, it will be a very exciting season for us long suffering charger fans.

Boltjolt
09-06-2004, 11:34 AM
Man..Joelbolt said NOT to post the link in other forums!!!! I think this is the reason why. Hey Fluitefan....when Flutie is traded, will you be joining him?

coolbolts
09-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Oh no !? ... FlutieFan1 again.
HELLLLLPPPPP!!!!

murphy
09-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone. First post. And I want to make it a good one.

San Diego Chargers kick ass!

Raiders suck!

Donkeys suck!

Chiefs Suck!

My prediction, Bolts Super Bowl champs in 06. THe new stadium will be the house that LT built.

619SportsFan
09-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Nice new board for Bolt fans. Now let's see if these boards can get as lively as the UT forum.

BlueandGold
09-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Greetings all!

I like this new board, I must say. Streamlined, polished, and easy to use.

It's also nice to see some familiar names from the "other board". At least a lot of us won't be starting from ground zero again, and most of us know each others' stances on things. It's kind of like... migrating to a new bar with all your friends i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Anyhow, glad I got here and hope to have as good a time here as I have had back on the "other forums". I'm almost happy to see FF#1 here... kind of gives everything continuity.

cbadboltfan
09-06-2004, 12:47 PM
I like this board too. Much quicker than SignOnSD.

i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

ChargersfaninKansas
09-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Eli Manning SUCKS!! on EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15687&item=3928542119&rd=1)
http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/63/c4/d2_1_b.JPG
A shirt I would be PROUD to wear!

boognish71
09-06-2004, 01:22 PM
That is a nice t-shirt design.

Now we need a Marty Must Go t-shirt of similar quality.

CoronaDoug
09-06-2004, 02:21 PM
I will give this place a try since the moderating pimp Chargeroo is here!

DayOneBoltsFan
09-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Its about time the Chargers got an official forum. New season, new forum.

LVBoltFan
09-06-2004, 02:31 PM

Given that joel said “a few” more than once, I think we should hold off on telling the world about this board for now.

Too late Threadkiller,I found the board!

maverjoe
09-06-2004, 02:39 PM
woohooo NEW BOARD!

TrumpetDude
09-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Props to Joel "Bolt" for this forum. It is about time the Chargers got this thing going. The advertising dollars and the BANG Videos are next. I foresee royalties and dollars pouring into this site due to some young eager entrepreneurs. I also see some really big SIX DIGIT salaries for Joel Bolt & Chargeroo !!!!! Ya gotta grease the wheels and make sure the foundations are well reinforced & COMPENSATED accordingly Mr. Spanos - This stuff is the next wave and give these guys the resources = $$$ to make this a success - This is the New Millenia and we need to rock along with the times and cut new pathways into the heart of the fans !!!!!

GLightning
09-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Cool new forum! I wonder how the SignonSD forum will do now that this one is up. Seems like the CORE group of posters will want to all be on one forum. I bet we get a lot more trolls on this one since it's the official Chargers site...not too hard to find if you know what I mean.

Chargeroo
09-06-2004, 06:05 PM
We are picking up speed now! This forum is growing faster that I had anticipated.

Guff
09-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Hey guys. Whoever posted the link to this board on UT... it's now deleted.

Jeff has branded you all traitors.

Long live SDUT!

Cheers everyone.

TrumpetDude
09-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
We are picking up speed now! This forum is growing faster that I had anticipated.

Hide the silver wear. Lock your doors. The Sign On San Diego Forums "turks" could be lurking here looking for posters. I heard they are offering a "free turkey or ham" for posters to stay on their forums. Pffft....
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Threadkiller
09-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Chargeroo,

How's that ignore function coming along?

boltheadmv
09-06-2004, 08:47 PM
i gotta get used to this new set up.i/expressions/SDG_Lance_Alworth.gif

boltheadmv
09-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by: boognish71
That is a nice t-shirt design.

i have it.
i love it.
i wear it.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ghuero619