PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL called for unnecessary roughness

joelbolt
09-03-2004, 02:49 PM
The glitch involves one new feature and one old one, both intended to make the game a more realistic recreation of professional football. The new "formation shift" feature allows a player to move offensive players at the scrimmage line, potentially confusing the defensive line. It apparently works too well, tapping into the older "fatigue" feature meant to recreate a team's gradual decline on the field. Keep punching "formation shift" commands during a game, and the opposing defense will get so fatigued it all but falls over.

http://news.com.com/%27Madden+NFL%27+called+for+unnecessary+roughness/2100-1043_3-5347305.html?tag=html.alert

chargerfanjim619
09-04-2004, 02:57 AM
Man, all I did was play this game. I had no idea people could like, figure all this nonsense crap just to cheat. Representing the Chargers in Madden leagues the last 3 years has been fun. Had to retire due to 14 year olds killing me now and making me feel like my uncle when i did it to him. least I didnt cheat though.

edh22
09-04-2004, 11:05 PM
sounds like some no-life losers with nothing else to do but try to find glitches in a video game.

Boltjolt
09-06-2004, 12:03 AM
I like how they made the draft in 2005 better and more realistic but i think then gameplay in 2004 is better.

spysnipedis
09-06-2004, 05:43 AM
ruins the game. they need to patch it up quicky or angry fans won't be buying much madden 2006

Stone
09-06-2004, 07:59 PM
The gameplay in 2004 is not better, it's that Madden finally made it realistic enough to frustrate the people that don't stick by it. I'm happy that Micheal Vick can't singlehandedly win a football game by calling a 5WR streak and then taking off. That's not real at all.

Madden 2005 is the best sports game ever made, completely owns NFL 2K5 (which is still an arcade game trying to be a real franchise), and I can't wait for 2006 already.

Boltjolt
09-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Do not agree at all.
I dont think it is as realistic as 2k5 for starters and they made some things worse in 2005 than in 2004 like the QB's motion when he throws the ball...and when the QB does a PA pass, he has his back to the field and then when you push the pass button he whips around doing a 180 degree turn. Thats not realistic . All the throws are also like 100 MPH which is not realistic. The crowd is like playing in a morgue...it never gets louder, it always stays the same and the play by play by Al Michaels and Madden is horrible compared to 2k5.

Dont get me wrong..i have always beena Madden guy but 2k5 is right on their heals and has some things about it that are better..but Madden also has some things better about it too.

onthegreenrb
09-06-2004, 09:53 PM
ESPN is better this year IMO.

Better graphics, presentation, and most importantly, gameplay. I'm sick of the 55-49 games of Madden.

KingKevo
09-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Maddens gameplay>>>>>>>>ESPNs gameplay. And Maddens franchise mode is better. Plus their players run realistically.

maverjoe
09-07-2004, 08:48 AM
You know I never understood the Madden/2k5 debate...Why is it a competition???
No one is getting all riled up between Doom and Quake (or maybe they are..I've never checked)

Why does one have to be proven BETTER than the other.

I think Madden is awesome and it is my favorite game. But I like to play 2k5 becasue I think it pushes Madden to be better and I think its cool to see Sportcenter.

In a world where 2k5 is only twenty bucks I have no problem playing both and enjoying them both

by the way...that glich is awesome. My friends will start wondering why I keep putting my reicievers in motion.

Stone
09-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Bolt, there are a few things 2K% has that are better than MAdden.

1) Commentary

2) Custom Music

3) While Tony Bruno is excellent, I'd still take SportsCenter over it

However, that's about where it ends. 2K5 still looks like a game you'd play at an arcade. It doesn't compare in realism. The players are overdone, and look too perfect on the XBox, and look horrid on PS2, just like the playcalling screen. It's just an unnatural game.

Madden, however, is a much more comfortable game. I wish it would step up the graphics a little more, but not like 2K5 has tried to do, and now it looks like a young Mexican girl with a pound of makeup on her.

Boltjolt
09-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Well i dont agree with you , but thats cool. Like the other guy said...they are both fun to play and both have their own things that stand out from the other.

The only thing " Arcade" like to me about 2k5 is the tackling. They seems to know ck the guy around a lot more than it should but really thats about it. I think it has a lot of small things that are better than Madden but both are fun. Seriously though i think 2004 gameplay is better than 2005, but thats just me.

I just wish Madden would give Al Michaels some enthusiasm in his commentary because he is awful as he is now. He isnt that flat when he is announcing a real game.

slylike
09-07-2004, 11:26 PM
I really like the new running animations that they put in ESPN 2k5. When a running back hits a lineman in the back he slides off him rather than getting stuck, which tends to happen way to often in Madden. i have always been a madden guy, since '94 anyway, but the latest espn game is really good. if they could just combine the 2 games, they would have the perfect game.

Tomlinson21
09-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by: onthegreenrb
ESPN is better this year IMO.

Better graphics, presentation, and most importantly, gameplay. I'm sick of the 55-49 games of Madden.

Unless you have Madden 2006...no way in hell can you rack up a score like that these days.

spysnipedis
09-13-2004, 11:52 PM
this game is pretty easy on rookie i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i get over 100 points every game
i need to go to a higher diffculty level, i just got it yesterday. stupid gamecube got no online support for madden. either madden or gamecube's fault.

Mr. Heisman
02-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Madden has always been the football game! Gameday was it's only com.! 989 sports! That was nice! Especially when they had the cheerleaders on the loading screen and when you won a superbowl! Madden Nation rise!!!!