PDA

View Full Version : Now that Dyson is gone, Do we think Marty might bring in a big play maker at WR?

GOBOLTS4Life
09-05-2004, 04:29 PM
I know Eric Parker is our top playmaker at wideout but isnt Keenan Mcardell still holding out?? Would love to see that trade take place.. What do you guys think?

chargerfanjim619
09-05-2004, 04:52 PM
I like Keenen, just don;t know what I'd give for a 33 year old.

Boltman29
09-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Like who?! Keenan McCardell? Pleeease... I say they better hang tight for now and see how the first four games go.

IronMountain1960
09-05-2004, 04:59 PM
At least AJ doesn't hang on to his mistakes like Butler did with Wide Righty,Stephanie, and the Mouth, Dyson just wasn't fast anymore. NFL. com has a list of all the cut players except for the Faiders and Donkeys, why do they do it different than the other team? I wonder if there is a good, fast WR with hands anywhere on the cuts.

ChargersfaninKansas
09-05-2004, 05:02 PM
I think Parker, Osgood and Caldwell are keepers. If we trade anybody it should be Tim Dwight. He's off the field more than on it, like that one tight end we got to watch play 4 games over 3 years -- Alexander.
(That's approximate).

- John

chargedup21
09-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Wait! When was Kevin Dyson EVER considered a Top WR in the NFL ? He is just a big name from his catch and run way back when. The guy stinks. look at his numbers. He dosen't have any. We will work with what we have. Kassim Osgood (sleeper of the year). If for some crazy reason we make a playoff run, Great!!
But, what is one more bad year? Well, 2 top pick WR in next years draft. Giants will stink this year. Put that together and next year we have Rivers, LT, 2 new young top name WR and BAM!!!! We have a team

chargerfanjim619
09-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Wow, 4 games. Damn. Shoulda just kept Freddie Jones then.lol. I'm glad someone brought this up. This guy came in, decemated what good guys we had left from the Bethard days, replaced them with "His" Guys and just watched them play like crap for 2 seasons. Glad AJ does get rid of the mistakes. Now, let's find a group of investors from San Diego...or just sell stock of the team to Local San Diegans and we can buy the Team...like in Green Bay!

Boltman29
09-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Chargedup21...you're a genius my man. : )

chargedup21
09-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks,

I love the way our D is coming along. I have not seen guys running to the ball in a long time. It actually seems as if the have some sort of attitude. Any attitude is good. Hey we are the youngest team in the NFL. Marty has cleaned house. Nothing wrong with that. These younger guys are going to start catching on and we will be on the rise very soon. I look at the liond and see the same thing. Harrington, Rodgers, Williams, Jones. Next year we will be saying the same thing. Don't get me wrong. It is possible to win now. if caldwell can stay injury free, our wr are not as bad as we would think. Parker,Caldwell, Osgood and not to mention 2 great TE, Gates and Pelle. Gates will excel with the new bump rule.

FutureGM
09-05-2004, 05:23 PM
I think that our recievers have lots of potential it is now on them to produce and up to the coaches to make sure they have done their jobs. James Lofton was a fantastic reciever and I am sure he is a pretty good coach. As for Keenan McCardell nah we will be alright the offseason will bring us a big fast wideout hopefully Mike Williams from USC because of the Giants or Plaxico Burress from the Steelers. As long as LT gets over 100 yards in every game (which he will)and Drew makes smart throws(which he will) we will be fine.

WVBOLTFAN
09-05-2004, 08:38 PM
There really aren't any bigtime WR's out there to get.I think our group of WR's will do well.With L.T. we don't need to put up 300 yards passing a game,we just need to make the completions when it counts.Remember the Ravens when they won the Suoer Bowl?They had a strong running game with an average or below average pass offense.Only thing is they had a monster defense to put the offense in great scoring opportunities.

mocoloco
09-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Word has it the Mike Williams fiasco isn't over and he may go in the suplemental draft. If so, will San Diego have the rights? If not, the bolts can get him and a monster OL man to boot next year. This is the year to be patient. That is unless your Marty.

WVBOLTFAN
09-05-2004, 09:50 PM
I think even though we had the #1 pick in the regular draft that we aren't guaranteed the #1 in a supplemental draft,but I can't remember how it is actually decided who would get it unless it is done sorta like the NBA where there are so many balls of each team then they pick ther order that way,but I really don't know for sure.

mocoloco
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
I don't think Rivers is the type of Q who flourishes with deep reveivers. He needs someone to compliment his quick release. He's the perfect Q for the West Coast Offense. With LT, Gates and Osgood able to make the 10 to 20 yard gains, the bolts need a 20-30 yard man. Williams is the perfect fit. A small 3rd down slot man to burn a deep one once in a while would complete the puzzle for skill set positions.

KingKevo
09-05-2004, 10:21 PM
I cant see marty bringing in a WR because there arent any top notch players out there anymore. I feel that Parker Caldwell and Osgood could become a solid core. Gates is also going to develop, hes a huge target that will be essential to the team. But like someone before mentioned we do not need a huge passing game, we have LT to rely on to pretty much carry our offense, the passing game just needs to come in every once in a while and keep in mind it is Marty, we NEVER go downfield, why would we need a big play reciever as a decoy we already tried that (David Boston).

GOBOLTS4Life
09-05-2004, 11:13 PM
[/quote]we have LT to rely on to pretty much carry our offense, the passing game just needs to come in every once in a while and keep in mind it is Marty, we NEVER go downfield, why would we need a big play reciever as a decoy we already tried that (David Boston).[/quote]

King I see what your saying, but we cant rely on LT to do it all.. The more he does, the higher our chances are of having him injured.. Look at Priest Holmes... Go Chargers!!

Boltjolt
09-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by: GOBOLTS4Life
I know Eric Parker is our top playmaker at wideout but isnt Keenan Mcardell still holding out?? Would love to see that trade take place.. What do you guys think?

No thanks. He is holding out for more money. AJ isnt going to give it to him.

RBI90
12-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I was looking at some old posts and I think it's hilarious that no one thought that McCardell had any chance of coming here to San Diego!!! :p

JCDavey
12-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I was looking at some old posts and I think it's hilarious that no one thought that McCardell had any chance of coming here to San Diego!!! :p

yeah it's funny how keenan got a little hate on him yet the guy was a playmaker in jax and tb

keenan may not be the most clutch wr, but the guy is a playmaker throughout his career

GOBOLTS4Life
12-02-2005, 01:46 PM
yeah it's funny how keenan got a little hate on him yet the guy was a playmaker in jax and tb

keenan may not be the most clutch wr, but the guy is a playmaker throughout his career

The funny thing is, I thought I was crazy to suggest keenan comes here, but I was just throwing it out there to get a reaction!!!

SuperMatt
12-02-2005, 02:19 PM
The funny thing is, I thought I was crazy to suggest keenan comes here, but I was just throwing it out there to get a reaction!!!

Bolt fan, your reaction?

:D :Beer: :D

maverjoe
12-02-2005, 02:53 PM
I remember the entire league was shocked when we got McCardell. AJ uses the trade deadline like he is a baseball GM, something that is rarely done in football, at least recently.

Bringing in McCardell was really the catalyst for our big turn around. I still think we could use another WR next year, though.

Onion Knight
12-02-2005, 03:24 PM
I remember the entire league was shocked when we got McCardell. AJ uses the trade deadline like he is a baseball GM, something that is rarely done in football, at least recently.

Bringing in McCardell was really the catalyst for our big turn around. I still think we could use another WR next year, though.
No question. lets face it. Stop being Homers. EP is a #3 at best. KM #2
Osgood. Special teams. nothing more.
Caldwell; dont know what to say about him. Cant hold onto the ball. Disappears for games on end. One catch vs the patriots all the sudden he is a star again??!! whatever.
VJ.: hopefully they arent paying him much. He is coming off as a bum pick.

DA BOLT FAN
12-02-2005, 03:37 PM
We need some db's more than more offensive firepower.

blueJAY
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
What's with the all of the old threads coming back to life? :P The title of the thread threw me off..

Chargers
12-02-2005, 04:58 PM

Dude - what a great call! Dang man - can you tell me what the next personnel decision regarding the Bolts will be? :D

JoeMcRugby
12-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Caldwell; dont know what to say about him. Cant hold onto the ball. Disappears for games on end. One catch vs the patriots all the sudden he is a star again??!! whatever.

Little bit early for that call (especially with him struggling from the leg injury all year long), don't ya think, Onion Knight?

Are all the WRs in the 2005 class "bum picks" since none of them are lighting the NFL on fire in their rookie year (which is very common)?

Just a suggestion, but why don't we hold out until their second season before calling out Chargers players by throwing in the word "bum", especially since there's no inclination that he is an attitude problem?

Dan40
12-02-2005, 05:08 PM

That was quite prescient.

SuperBowlBolts
12-02-2005, 06:31 PM
EP a #3 at best.....i say hes a good #2....

MoveitMister
12-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Most of the league believes that Gates is our #1 wr.
;)

Dan40
12-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Most of the league believes that Gates is our #1 wr.
;)

I was thinking that myself.

We'll never have a 5 WR set, because that would take both Gates and LT out of the play.

You'll never see a 4 WR set, because then either Gates or LT would sit down.

Perhaps we don't need an overrated #1 type receiver (or the 3 that Detroit drafted the last 3 years.)

"Everybody into the pattern!"

MoveitMister
12-02-2005, 07:58 PM
I was thinking that myself.

We'll never have a 5 WR set, because that would take both Gates and LT out of the play.

You'll never see a 4 WR set, because then either Gates or LT would sit down.

Perhaps we don't need an overrated #1 type receiver (or the 3 that Detroit drafted the last 3 years.)

"Everybody into the pattern!"
We've already spent the $ on LT & AG.
Both seem to have a grasp on the receiving side of the game.

Who knows what will happen this offseason.
<helmet><wink>