PDA

View Full Version : whats ganna happen now that keven dysons gone?

jvfullback
09-05-2004, 05:23 PM
keven dyson maynever have been a david boston or even a keysawn johnson type player but he still was capable of the big player ever now and then but now that aj deems him unworthy of being on the worst roster in the nfl what is aj ganna do i've gone throught the cuts four or five times and theres noone worth picking up and the recievers we have on our roster now not includeing kassim cause i think hes the next randy moss but everybody else is injury prone up to wozo and caldwell cant catch. the only decent vetran out thier still is antino freeman and i seriously dont think he has much left in his tank.

FriarTom
09-05-2004, 05:54 PM
What I saw from Dyson is a receiver who is a shadow of himself. He still has good hands, but he runs like a guy with bad knees. I think maybe he's all used up.

Chargeroo
09-05-2004, 06:33 PM
It's WR by posse -

No. Name Pos. Height Weight
82 Caldwell, Reche WR 5-11 215
87 Dwight, Tim WR 5-9 180
81 Osgood, Kassim WR 6-5 209
88 Parker, Eric WR 6-0 180
11 Ross, Micah WR 6-2 219
16 Welker, Wes WR 5-9 190

Dyson is gone but there are six left - give Caldwell some rope - he dropped a lot of passes last year but has been much better this pre-season. Eric Parker has what it takes to be a very food WR, he just needs to stay healthy. Kassim is a load for a 5'10'' Cornerback, especially in the red zone. - Let's see what they do before we hang 'em! - Shucks, we can always hang 'em later on! (Keep that rope around though, just in case). i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i/expressions/SDG_Drew_Brees.gif -----------------------------------------------------> i/expressions/SDG_Football.gifi/expressions/SDG_LaDainian_Tomlinson.gif

Shamrock
09-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Dumping Dyson and Lassiter frees up some cap space. It's still possible they'll look for a veteran WR, but I get the feeling this WR group is set.

Cheramieiii
09-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Who's going to be the number one and two receivers? Parker and Dwight?

chargerfanjim619
09-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Parker, Osgood one would think.

foty89
09-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Dyson did not seem to have much left, and he did look like he had two bad knees. I don't think that the recieivers we have look all that bad. True, they are young and not proven, but they seem to have heart. Let's see how it works out.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

MoveitMister
09-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
It's WR by posse -

No. Name Pos. Height Weight

82 Caldwell, Reche WR 5-11 215

87 Dwight, Tim WR 5-9 180

81 Osgood, Kassim WR 6-5 209

88 Parker, Eric WR 6-0 180

11 Ross, Micah WR 6-2 219

16 Welker, Wes WR 5-9 190

Dyson is gone but there are six left - give Caldwell some rope - he dropped a lot of passes last year but has been much better this pre-season. Eric Parker has what it takes to be a very food WR, he just needs to stay healthy. Kassim is a load for a 5'10'' Cornerback, especially in the red zone. - Let's see what they do before we hang 'em! - Shucks, we can always hang 'em later on! (Keep that rope around though, just in case). i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i/expressions/SDG_Drew_Brees.gif -----------------------------------------------------> i/expressions/SDG_Football.gifi/expressions/SDG_LaDainian_Tomlinson.gifBoth the receiver and running back corps look strong this year in that they, except for LT of course, are no-name guys who have something to prove. If Osgood improves over his performance last year, the whole group should head out to Randy Moss' offseason workout next year and take the tight ends with them.

CoronaDoug
09-06-2004, 02:29 PM
We will trade one of our QB's for a WR. (I HOPE)

desertcharger
09-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Remember that our top receiver will be LT (~80 catches)...and Gates (~70 catches) will be #2.

With that said, Kassim, Eric, Reche, Dwight, etc. are really only competing for the #3, #4, & #5 spots. So it's not as bad as it looks.

HALOS23
09-06-2004, 02:45 PM
I would be ecstatic if Gates gets that many catches. I am hoping that Parker can step up as a legitmate threat!

Electron
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Truthfully, I think we will be ok at wide receiver. Like some of you have pointed out LT and Gates will get a fair amount of tosses. Parker has good speed and great hands. Reche has something to prove (he has seemed to have made the most of his off-season and pre-season). Osgood has done well and seems to be on the verge of a breakout season. Ross looks like he can catch. Welker is going to be mainly used on ST. The only real question mark here is Dwight. Whether or not Dwight deserves the #2 spot is a real question. We will see as soon as he gets some play time. But all and all we are not going to be some west coast offense team (funny because this is the birthplace of the west coast offense IMO). We really need receivers to keep the box from being stacked and to make them pay when they do. Just like in the Niner game they stacked the box and Brees and Parker made them pay.

GLightning
09-06-2004, 03:56 PM
I agree with Electron. On top of that, it seems almost inevitable that we will trade on of our QB's. If we can pick up a veteran WR we're golden, but if not, there is still a lot of potential here. Our main offensive threat is LT. As long as we're decent in the air we should be OK. I'm optimistic!

blackjack21
09-06-2004, 04:27 PM
They should line up wes walker and osgood right by each other, and osgood can pick him up and put him on his shoulders, and brees can throw him an easy pass. Hey, with the new rules the cornerback can't touch em, so we just need some pass protection to set the play up. Then wes can jump off and do his Daunte Hall impression . . . that or throw it to LT . . . who runs are more exciting than Daunte Hall.

coolbeans
09-06-2004, 04:32 PM
We don't need a #1 WR it's Marty ball we don't throw unless it's expected by the defense like 3rd and 20 and it doesn't matter who you have in there the odds of getting a first are not to good.

RideTheLightning
09-06-2004, 04:33 PM
I though Dyson was gonna break his legs on that end around in the SF game. He cost Philip a INT in the Seattle game, I don't see this cut being too big of a deal. He had his shot, and didn't really show anything.

Now let's get behind the guys we do have!

doinglineswithbambi
09-06-2004, 04:46 PM
I'd like to say it was a good move. Dyson looked old and apprehensive when running routes. However, we have nothing else in the corps above a number three receiver...save Eric Parker perhaps. Caldwell is bad, ladies and gents. We'll see....

Rip
09-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Caldwell and Parker were going to start anyways. With Osgood in the slot and Dwight as the 4th WR, there was no need for dyson. Plus he sucked anyways

TrumpetDude
09-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Run LT on the skinny post for 8 straight possessons and that is 48 points in the bank. 56 points if Kaeding delivers and 64 points if we go for the two-point conversion and the Keading fakes. Money in the bank.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SanLuisFan
09-06-2004, 06:47 PM
I was surprised about Dyson until I saw him running that reverse (didn't get to see the 49 game until Sunday night). Dude looked kind of slow. With how much Reche has been playing in preseason, and with the fact that he has actually been catching the ball, I think that it will be Parker and Caldwell to start the season.

We'll see if Dwight can stay healthy for more than 8 games this season. He's off to a pretty bad start.