PDA

View Full Version : eric paker or kassim osgood

jvfullback
09-05-2004, 05:38 PM
With the realse of keven dyson comeing today who will step up and be the chargers number one wide out will it be the always dangerous pasker or the moss like kassim osgood. each has atttributes that lead me to believe they'll both be very good recievers for along time in the nfl but due to pakers battle with the injury bug i tend to think kassim will step up in his second season and have a huge year like 800 to 10000 yard year tell me who you guys think will be the chargers number one this year.

FriarTom
09-05-2004, 05:53 PM
As long as he stays healthy, I think Parker will be the #1 guy, at least until Osgood gets more experience. That being said, I think Osgood has the potential to be the Chargers #1 beginning next year and for a while after that. The only thing I'm not sure about with Osgood is if he has enough speed to be a true number one, or if he'll pan out as more of a solid possession receiver in the Keyshawn mold.

ChargersfaninKansas
09-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Parker is definately a playmaker, but Osgood will be the go-to guy because of his size.

joelbolt
09-05-2004, 06:46 PM
I like Osgood in the "Gold zone" this year. He made some great catches in camp in the end zone.

sdbolts4life
09-05-2004, 07:37 PM
I also like kassim I think it should be....Osgood,Parker,Caldwell

WVBOLTFAN
09-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Parker will be the #1 with Osgood having a breakout season.In the preseaon Caldwell finally held onto the ball so that is promising too.

pumabob2000
09-05-2004, 09:38 PM
There is no #1 receiver, just a whole bunch of number threes and fours. And that will be the main reason the team will fail. OK wait.... the second reason. The first and foremost reason this will be fortunate to finish 5-11 will be the secondary. I hope I am wrong, but I saw enough against Seattle and SF to reaffirm what I saw last year. Get ready for 14-3 at the end of the first quarter. Then with LT out of the game plan and Brees and then eventually Rivers will be running for their lives looking for an oipoen receiver that doesn't exist. Then it gets really bad when Dwight and Parker go down and the 3 WR set looks like Cladwell, Osgood and Welker. OMG. Again I hope I am way off, but I think if we all were to step back and take an unbiased look at this the experts are correct in their predictions.

foty89
09-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by: WVBOLTFAN
Parker will be the #1 with Osgood having a breakout season.In the preseaon Caldwell finally held onto the ball so that is promising too.

I agree with you thinking. I am hoping that Caldwell has finally gotten it together. He was hurt a lot last year and that really hurt his game. None of the guys are really number ones right now, but some could be with a good year.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Boltman29
09-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Hey guys, don't forget about our best "receiver"...LaDainian Tomlinson. I believe a repeat performance from last season by L.T. may be in the cards. The only other real hope I can see is Antonio Gates. Our WRs would have trouble cracking the starting line-up for a lot of college teams. The Chargers best do whatever it takes to draft Mike Williams from USC next year...

KingKevo
09-05-2004, 10:28 PM
I think Osgood is very underrated, he is a big powerful reciever and I love to see him play. With that being said, I still think Parker will be the #1 because he is more proven than Osgood, which isnt saying a whole lot. The way the offense is set up though, none of these guys will put up big numbers besides LT and possibly Gates, the play calling is way too conservative to get a 1000 yard reciever.

mocoloco
09-05-2004, 10:35 PM
I agree, Osgood is better than people know. If he would have been in the USC program chances are he would have been a Mike Williams clone. He'll keep getting better and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

chargerfan04
09-05-2004, 10:43 PM
I agree. Kassim has a lot of potential to be an outstanding player. With more experience, he has the possibility to grow into a remarkable receiver. I'm intertested to see how the year unfolds with the receiver position.

mocoloco
09-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Here's my prediction on how it will unfold.
1. Dwight will get injured and miss games and probably the season.
2. Caldwell's phsyc will take a hit and he'll get benched.
3. Parker will have a couple of great games and get injured.
4. The bolts will be forced to pick up a WR from the waiver wire and he'll be
average.
5. LT, Osgood and Gates will carry the team.

turkekilr
09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
the problem is with the defense. The O will be of little use with the D giving games away. Doesn't matter who iks throwing or catching. we need some D

WVBOLTFAN
09-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by: turkekilr
the problem is with the defense. The O will be of little use with the D giving games away. Doesn't matter who iks throwing or catching. we need some DThat will prove to be our problem this season once again.I think the pass defense is going to be crappy again.

SoCal4
09-06-2004, 09:38 AM
I think Antonio Gates will step up and take a load off of the receivers....

GoldPlatedNails
09-06-2004, 11:14 AM
If Parker can stay healthy all year I would wager to guess he will put up better stats then any of the recievers including Osgood and Gates. The problem is that Parker has a habbit of getting injured. Hope things change this season. I think another year for Osgood to see where he's at and if he can continue to improve.

Go Bolts!

Kevox21
09-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Eric Parker and Kassim Osgood are too young there breakout season might be in their 4th or 5th seasons beacuase you also have two young QB's Drew brees who needs more experience and Philip Rivers who was just drafted Parker nor osgood will take the league by storm this year or the next so we'll just have to wait

Boltdiehard
09-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Eric Parker is one of my favorite players on this current team. I know he has durability issues but the guy has heart and he always seems to get open. That said, I would love for Osgood to develop into a legitimate threat due to his size.

Dwight should be cut.

BDH

anger management
09-06-2004, 12:07 PM
I like the starting line up of #1 Parker and #2 Osgood. Parker brings speed and seperation, and Osgood brings the physical tools and great hands.

Can't wait until Sunday.

Tomlinson21
09-06-2004, 12:09 PM
how can we doubt our receivers...This is a good bunch we got. 3's and 4's??? No I don't think so. If all we needed was a Primary Receiver...where did Boston take us last year? Yes...to the cellar of the NFL.

I see the bigger picture where this teams wants to be and where it needs to be at this point. It's not about the big time players...It's not about making the superbowl in a year and falling out in the years to come.

It's about playing as a team and being cohesive as a young upstarting team in the NFL for the many years to come.

I see they always seem to put us to have the worst finish in the NFL. But I truly feel we're not intentionally kicking ourselves with the Dyson cut. I think it was a great decision to let these young kids develop into great WR's ala Osgood and Parker.

HBBoltFan
09-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by: angermanagement
I like the starting line up of #1 Parker and #2 Osgood. Parker brings speed and seperation, and Osgood brings the physical tools and great hands.

Can't wait until Sunday.

I tend to agree with this. Parker will be able to make some plays deep. And Osgood will be a reliable possesion guy. Add to that what Gates can do and it is a group that while not great, may be good enough to help this team win.

Oh yeah, that LT guy might help a little too.

Hoss
09-06-2004, 12:18 PM
I like our receivers also. I think Mr Caldwell will adjust to being a millionaire, ooop's... I mean adjust to NFL standards. Also how many of you can name the receivers of the two Superbowl teams !?

IronMountain1960
09-06-2004, 12:34 PM
I like Parker as the #1 receiver, Osgood as the #2, Dwight as the #3, and Reche can spell both Parker and Osgood. You need to save Dwight for the #3 receiver, he gets open and can make the big catch but he is injury prone.

chargerfanjim619
09-06-2004, 12:48 PM
#1 Parker, #2 Osgood...I think #3 WR can be decided on the field. LT is gonna catch some passes to, line him up as the slot reciever from time to time...he'll draw coverage and open up the field for one of the other 2 guys plus Gates and if LT we're draw some single coverage that's a matchup worth exploiting. I'd more like to have a look at what Welker and Ross can do at WR. Caldwell's stock has kinda risen...but I think Dwight is the odd man out here.

GdoubleE
09-07-2004, 12:18 AM
SAd to say but I think they'll go with Parker, Dwight and Caldwell then Osgood. While I hope that is not the case someone somewhere in this FO sure has a stiffy for Dwight. Ideally i would like Parker Osgood and then Dwight or Caldwell.

Riverwarrior
09-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Osgood will have the better season of the two, becaue he is biger and can adjust to poorly thrown balls from Brees. Parker is small and quick and gets injured when Brees throws the ball behind him. Until we get a QB with an arm, Dwight and welker wont mean crud unless theyre passing over the middle in which case they will get a collapsed lung because our QB will be off target and or underthrown.

The only way our recieving core does well is if they get a QB who can stretch the field, and Brees isnt that guy. Lets just hope he understands that as well and doesnt try and do too much with what little talent he has.

sanluischargerfan
09-07-2004, 12:39 AM
I think that Osgood will become the #1 guy. He has the size and the ability to fight off defenders. Osgood will need Parker to keep the D worried about his speed and then Osgood will have the field open up. IMO

TrumpetDude
09-07-2004, 01:03 AM
I can feel the love for ma man Oz. I am homering my huevos off for this dude - from my alma mater no less. #81 will deliver. Give him the time to develop. If you guys have noticed - Oz is posting very Lance Alworth like numbers for YPC. The Blizzard of Oz is rollin' into the crib. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Rip
09-07-2004, 03:48 AM
We wont have a true #1 this year. But im predicting that reche leads our WR's in catches and yards. I think KO will lead the WR's in TD (gates will lead all players not named LT in this catagory) and parker thrives in the slot

CoronaDoug
09-07-2004, 03:52 AM
Does it matter? All of our recievers would be #3 WR's on any other team.

Rip
09-07-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by: Hoss
Also how many of you can name the receivers of the two Superbowl teams !?

New England
Troy Brown
Deion Branch
Bethel Johnson
David Givens
David Patten

Carolina
Steve Smith
Mushin Mouhamoud
Ricky Proehl
Kevin Dyson i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Thats off the top of my head i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RMANCIL
09-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Osgood size and hands should do well in the Gold zone,Parker quicks and moves but must show he can hold up.Dwight has speed to burn and a heart for the game he also has to shake the injury bug.

It will be interesting to see who will step up their game.

DayOneBoltsFan
09-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Look for our receivers corp to be like the Steelers for years to come. We have three really good receivers in the making (Paker, Osgood, and Caldwell). If they can pull things together this year look for big things out of them.

Tomlinson21
09-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Another great thing about this WR Corps is:
1. That they have been here long enough to learn Cam's system
2. Drew Brees is still the starting the QB
3. Youth and speed

I think the combination of all 4: Parker, Osgood, Dwight and Caldwell will be a great top 4. Welker and Micah Ross are good Special teams contributors at best. Is Micah Ross in the roster by the way?

I f Brees can sustain this rhythm throughout the season we will be fine. I think this is his year to shine and I'll admit - I was rooting for Rivers all pre season but we have to let this kid learn from the sidelines. It kinda sucks because if he doesn't play this year, Marty may never see what this kid can do should he lose his coaching job next year.

And I honestly think thats what marty really wants to do right now: keep his job next season and start this Rivers kid then. Right now, there's just too much pressure to put a winner on the field for the stadium push and to get the fans to come watch the games.

SanDiegoRon
09-07-2004, 09:15 AM
my guy, of course....

Go #81

FriarTom
09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm still suffering a severe lack of confidence in Caldwell. He looked better this preseason, but he's still doing some things I think are going to hamper his performance. For example, he still doesn't catch the ball with his hands all the time. He tries to cradle it into his chest instead. I see him do this on lobs into the endzone on plays where you regularly see NFL receivers make the catch because they reach up and snag the ball out of the air with their hands, but Caldwell leaps and tries to get both hands under the ball so he can pull it into his chest. And it never works because in that split-second, the DB comes in and whacks it away.

Also, trying to catch the ball with your chest results in balls bouncing straight up in the air which, of course, creates interceptions.

I hope I'm wrong. If Reche can step up, it will help us out a lot. But like I said, I'm not feeling real confident about it.

Sdexperience
01-15-2009, 05:43 PM
my guy, of course....

Go #81

I agree Kassim is a monster in SP

FutbolAmericano
01-15-2009, 05:47 PM
You know that this is a 4+ year old thread, right?

I like KO, too, but these people are talking about Eric Parker, Reche Caldwell, etc... long gone.

Al "T.D." Bundy
01-15-2009, 05:48 PM
You know that this is a 4+ year old thread, right?

I like KO, too, but these people are talking about Eric Parker, Reche Caldwell, etc... long gone.

Sign Kevin Dyson and Bethel Johnson!!!

Fouts2Chandler
01-15-2009, 05:49 PM
I heard a guy named Dan Fouts is available...

MikeTheBlade
01-15-2009, 06:11 PM
"yeah marty is doing a great job so far maybe we will go 14-2 and get a first round by in 2 seasons.."

RE: we did not make playoffs this seasons and getting a first round by in 2 seasons from now HAHAHAHA SURE BUDDY!!!!

FearTheBolts21
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Wow, bumping up 5 year old threads lol....