PDA

View Full Version : This is why we keep 4 QB's

memohm1976
09-06-2004, 12:53 AM
At some point during the season either Brees or Flutie will be traded, so we trade 1 QB and have 4 QB's on the roster just like almost every other NFL team.

If Brees gets off to a slow start then Rivers will be thrown to the wolfs and get some live action seasoning, Flutie will be the backup and Lemon the 3rd QB, Brees would be traded to NE or Miami or Dallas.

If Brees get's off to a good start then its Flutie who will get traded, and Rivers will be #2 and Lemon #3.

Maybe I'm giving AJ too much credit, but that's the only reason that I see for keeping 4 QB's....TRADE BAIT!!!!!

hegor
09-06-2004, 01:12 AM
I remember watching a Flutie interview about a year ago. The reporter asked him when he would consider retiring. He replied something to the effect that his daughter wanted to finish high school in the SD area, I think he said that his daughter would be a senior this year. Many pro athletes center retirment around a family events of some kind. So it would be possible that Flutie may retire after this season and Lemon could become our true backup. Flutie has a cool head and can work to help the game of the other three QBs in the meantime. Given his intelligence and insight, if I were Flutie I may want to consider coaching after he retires.

spysnipedis
09-06-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by: memohm1976
At some point during the season either Brees or Flutie will be traded, so we trade 1 QB and have 4 QB's on the roster just like almost every other NFL team.

If Brees gets off to a slow start then Rivers will be thrown to the wolfs and get some live action seasoning, Flutie will be the backup and Lemon the 3rd QB, Brees would be traded to NE or Miami or Dallas.

If Brees get's off to a good start then its Flutie who will get traded, and Rivers will be #2 and Lemon #3.

Maybe I'm giving AJ too much credit, but that's the only reason that I see for keeping 4 QB's....TRADE BAIT!!!!!

i don't think they will get rid of brees. and if they do it wouldnt be this season. Chargers will most likey keep 4 QBs. And i agree with hegor, flutie should become a coach.

ChargersfaninKansas
09-06-2004, 07:08 AM

And i agree with hegor, flutie should become a coach.

Flutie is coaching Rivers for us right now. You think Brian Schott is coaching him? I hope they hire Flutie next year and send Brian to Equipment manager.

FutureGM
09-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Four QB's makes no sense last year we had two the whole season. We should have kept Lassiter and cut Lemon and then placed him on the developmental or practice squad. As for trading quarterbacks I hope Drew Brees goes to the Pro Bowl and then we trade Rivers for someones first round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.

BoltAttack55
09-06-2004, 08:56 AM
Why would Dallas trade for Brees? They traded for Drew Henson who is much more upside than Brees. They don't need him. Miami could look at him, though.

Chargeroo
09-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by: FutureGM
Four QB's makes no sense last year we had two the whole season. We should have kept Lassiter and cut Lemon and then placed him on the developmental or practice squad. As for trading quarterbacks I hope Drew Brees goes to the Pro Bowl and then we trade Rivers for someones first round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.
Lemon would have been signed by someone else right away. Lassiter is over the hill. I agree with the top post on this page by memohm1976. I think he understands exactly why they kept all four. Remember this, at the end of this season, Brees is a free agent and as hegor mentioned, Doug will be ready to move on with his life.

geekster
09-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Hmm...

Does Cleo have skills whereby he could contribute as "other" than QB? "Slash" comes to mind - can he catch the ball?

-=dave=-

WVBOLTFAN
09-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by: BoltAttack55
Why would Dallas trade for Brees? They traded for Drew Henson who is much more upside than Brees. They don't need him. Miami could look at him, though.
I could see Brees being traded to Dallas.They currently have Henson listed as their #3 QB with Romo ahead of him so that tells me Henson may very well be not the answer in their minds.IMO Brees would be a major upgrade for them.

Chargeroo
09-06-2004, 09:40 AM
I agree with WVBoltfan. Also, Vinnie is a bit brittle and if he went down they'd be forced to play either Romo or Henson and neither has any experience. I think Brees would be pleased with a trade to Dallas too since he's a Texas native. In fact, if Vinnie were to be injured about game 3 or 4 I think there would be a very good chance that Brees would be traded to the Boys.

usanaman
09-06-2004, 10:11 AM
we should never have kepted 4 Qb's. it is a waste of a roster spot and another stupid move by marty . If any thing they should have had flutie as the Qb's coach and gotten rid of brian , then all the Qb's would have a better future in the NFL.

BoltzaQtion
09-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by: geekster
Hmm...

Does Cleo have skills whereby he could contribute as "other" than QB? "Slash" comes to mind - can he catch the ball?

-=dave=-

The Chargers were lining up Lemon as a WR in camp at times. I believe they are looking at using Lemon this year in several flee flicker plays where the QB throws a pass (as a slightly backwards pass that by rule it becomes a lateral) to Lemon who is waiting at the sideline. The defense will then collapse on Lemon and Lemon will throw to a WR or TE that will be crossing in a slant pattern through the middle of the field. If the defense doesn't collapse on Lemon and its open running, he will just run for the first down along the sidelines.

They have plans on using Lemon this year on the field in certain plays including the one above. Plus Lemon is developing where he really makes a very good second QB that could take over as a starter if needed. That is why they have this 4 QB roster problem.

I think they want a first round choice or a very good player if they trade Brees and the Chargers are willing to holdout to get what they want for a trade. Besides they can start Brees and bring in Rivers to get him experience if they are way ahead or way behind. Eventually Rivers will be the starter, probably this year, but Brees offers the luxuary of not having to hurry him in before he is ready.

bluehair
09-06-2004, 10:36 AM
i believe that Marty alluded to the fact that we have 4 qb's because the were afraid that lemon would be picked up by a team after all the time we put into him and believes he can either play or is tradeable for that reason. Brees is sooooooooooo going to get traded this year no matter what because he was a high draft pick whos a free agent after this year. makes no sense to just let him go for nothing at the end of the year.

Boltman101
09-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by: FutureGM

Lassiter has lost another step this year and was not worth keeping unless we are making a push for the Bowl which we are not. Lemon would have never cleared waviers and would be on some other teams roster not our practice squad. Brees will not make the pro-bowl for this team, I don't think Peyton Manning would go to the pro-bowl with this group of WR's, Drew will be gone by week 6. No one thought Rivers would start as a freshman either and look what he did there, Bowl game firts season at the helm. As for the great numbers for Drew in college, yes they are impressive but not as impressive as Phil's 4 bowl bids in 4 years and for the cherry on top he was MVP of all 4 bowl games and won all 4 bowl games he played. No matter how you shake this out Rivers has everything and more than Drew save the NFL experience which can only come if we screw Drew.

HBBoltFan
09-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Four QBs is a necessary evil at this time. Brees is obviously the best QB to start the season. He gives the team the best chance in the short term to try and win. Rivers is going to be ready soon. But not yet. He needs practice time to adjust to the pro game and sync with his receivers. Flutie is great off of the bench to maybe save a game. Lemon probably will not be more than a backup but has potential to be a very good backup. Lemon needs to stay with the team because next year Brees leaves as a FA, Flutie is probably going to retire and having a guy that knows your system and personel is a big time plus.

619SportsFan
09-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by: ChargersfaninKansas

And i agree with hegor, flutie should become a coach.

Flutie is coaching Rivers for us right now. You think Brian Schott is coaching him? I hope they hire Flutie next year and send Brian to Equipment manager.

I concur.

WVBOLTFAN
09-06-2004, 12:55 PM
For everyone that has said we should have cut Lemon,have you seen him play?He has a ton of potential IMO.Some team would have jumped all over him if we did!! I think it was a very good idea to keep him especially if Brees eventually gets traded.Flutie won't be around forever as Rivers backup if we keep him so I would like to have a quality backup like Lemon when Flutie is no longer here.

IronMountain1960
09-06-2004, 12:55 PM
I'll bet we trade one of the three, Flutie, Brees, or Lemon, before the middle of Oct. I would have had Flutie retire, and sign him up for QB coach at the same salary. If Brees, Rivers, gets hurt, then he can always come out of retirement and resign with the team. Marty JR. could be the Quality control coach for now, until he get more experence, if Marty wants to keep him as a Charger coach.

Dan40
09-06-2004, 12:59 PM
I don't think Brees will be traded. Nobody will want to give up anything for him when he's an UFA at the end of the year. He will stick around until the end of the year.

I would love to see the Bolts groom Flutie to be an offensive assistant, because he's not going to play again, and he wants to stay in San Diego.

So it leaves you with Rivers starting next year and Lemon backing up- and I think Lemon is a steal for a free agent QB.

chargerfanjim619
09-06-2004, 01:01 PM
wow, I tried to post something...and it said I couldnt because the text had "censored words". It was clean, but a concise evaluation of Marty's predictability. Crazy.

radwang
09-06-2004, 01:08 PM
4 QB is still one (maybe 2) too many. The frustration of being a converted Charger fan is the fact that the fans have much lower expectations that GB, SF, or even OAK have. We focus too much on the future and lack the vision of focusing on putting the best product on the field. Brees seems like he is coming along and most likely if we cut him he will get picked up before Couch. GB would've like to have Brees as an option but that was not on the table. Rivers is still unproven, the hold-out made him sour quickly for me. It wouldn't surprise me Rivers turns into a Cryin' Leaf. I agree with others that Flutie needs to become a QB coach we all love him but it's time to do the right thing for the team. Lastly Lemon, gotta go. The future talk is too much for me, we should've beefed up other positions with the spots that Flutie and Lemon are taking up. Marty should just go with Brees or Rivers for the season, if they get hurt make them play hurt. Favre always does! My 2 cents.

BlueandGold
09-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Flutie as QB coach is a nice fantasy; but that's all it is, a fantasy. Marty Schottenhiemer is NOT going to fire his own son. Flutie is doing the Chargers the most good where he stands right now; the DE-FACTO QB coach. When you look a game tape of the sideline, you can see Flutie offering advice, giving pointers, outlining plays. I hardly ever see Brian Schottenheimer mingling with his QBs. It's either Cam Cameron or it's Flutie.

When Flutie goes, I think he goes. He is doing us the most good where he is right now, and I think Marty knows that. That's probably part of the reason we kept four QBs. I mean, he gets the best of both worlds; a QB coach that actually knows something about quarterbacking, and a QB coach that pleases the family.

Dan40
09-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by: BlueandGold
Flutie as QB coach is a nice fantasy; but that's all it is, a fantasy. Marty Schottenhiemer is NOT going to fire his own son. Flutie is doing the Chargers the most good where he stands right now; the DE-FACTO QB coach. When you look a game tape of the sideline, you can see Flutie offering advice, giving pointers, outlining plays. I hardly ever see Brian Schottenheimer mingling with his QBs. It's either Cam Cameron or it's Flutie.

When Flutie goes, I think he goes. He is doing us the most good where he is right now, and I think Marty knows that. That's probably part of the reason we kept four QBs. I mean, he gets the best of both worlds; a QB coach that actually knows something about quarterbacking, and a QB coach that pleases the family.

You know it is kind of sad, I hope Marty wouldn't let nepotism stand in the way of a great coaching move. I love seeing Flutie gather the other three guys around tell them what's what. He's very enthusiastic and they listen to him. Who wouldn't listen to a guy who's passed for 50,000 yards in his career, and has championships and MVPs on his shelf? Oh yeah, that whiny sackalot Rob Johnson.

radwang
09-06-2004, 01:28 PM
No one doubts what Flutie brings and the nice careers stat he has, but the mere fact is Flutie is old and he still wants to play. That is where the problem lies. If we want to invest in Brees and Rivers then Flutie must go. Keep in mind the type of QB controversy Flutie causes. I prefer to have Brees and Rivers duel it out. If Brees can't hack it for the first half of the season then we get rid of him and have Rivers start and be done with it. As for Lemon, still a prospect only.

CoronaDoug
09-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by: WVBOLTFAN
For everyone that has said we should have cut Lemon,have you seen him play?He has a ton of potential IMO.Some team would have jumped all over him if we did!! I think it was a very good idea to keep him especially if Brees eventually gets traded.Flutie won't be around forever as Rivers backup if we keep him so I would like to have a quality backup like Lemon when Flutie is no longer here.

Cleo is the man. I have been saying this all year. He will be THE # 2 qb behind Rivers for years.

ftwbolt
09-06-2004, 02:46 PM
I dont think you will see Drew in dallas. Big Bill seems committed to bringing Drew Henson along at his own pace. And he likes Tony Romo alot even tho he drives him nuts sometimes.
Originally posted by: spysnipedis

i don't think they will get rid of brees. and if they do it wouldnt be this season. Chargers will most likey keep 4 QBs. And i agree with hegor, flutie should become a coach.

Chargeroo
09-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by: chargerfanjim619
wow, I tried to post something...and it said I couldnt because the text had "censored words". It was clean, but a concise evaluation of Marty's predictability. Crazy.
This software does that if you use a cussword. All you have to do is replace that word with another or put in a few *** and it will go through. Next time just click your "back" button and change it.

Redman7
09-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Few things

Doug's daughter Alexa is a Junior at La Jolla High School, and I'm sure Doug would love to stay with the Chargers until she graduates.

Personally I think he should be the starter....just seems the offense flows better when he is in there...he seems to be in complete control and makes the fewest mistakes... I want to be in playoffs this year...sick of waiting for young players to develop. Nothing against Brees or Rivers ...just think Flutie is special. I hope they dont just sit him on the bench as a coach.

Overall still believe our problem is defensive...we need to stop teams on the last drive of games in order to win. Always seems we come down to score late in a game only to have the other team score at will and win the game at the end.

That said I bet the Patriots go all out for Flutie if he remains third string...they have nothing behind Brady. Sure Flutie wouldnt mind finishing his career in his home state either.

Brett

KingKevo
09-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Dont the Patriots have Rohan Davey? That guy has a cannon for an arm.

Redman7
09-06-2004, 03:10 PM
yes and he played very well in the World League (MVP) but they play without blitzs' ... he has not looked good in preseason ...check the scores and stats ...theres more then a strong arm required at QB ..Brady has it and so does Flutie.Text

coolbeans
09-06-2004, 04:09 PM
What if Brees starts wins and keeps winning has a good year, takes us into the play-offs. What do they do then let him go and get nothing or sign him and keep Rivers as the #2 again. I like Brees better than Rivers myself. Rivers hasn't done anything yet but report late to camp did he really get that much more money for coming in late hmmmmm.

RideTheLightning
09-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by: coolbeans
What if Brees starts wins and keeps winning has a good year, takes us into the play-offs. What do they do then let him go and get nothing or sign him and keep Rivers as the #2 again. I like Brees better than Rivers myself. Rivers hasn't done anything yet but report late to camp did he really get that much more money for coming in late hmmmmm.

Don't be so quick to throw Rivers under the bus for coming in late. He was a holdout due to a contract dispute, not because he was being a money grubbing SOB. Remember, LT & Jammer were also TC holdouts their rookie years. It's all part of the business side that most of us know nothing about. He was late, yes, but who's to say Drew still wouldn't have beaten him out for the #1 position?

I think it's a good thing keeping the 4 myself. Sure, it sucks that were esentially wasting a roster spot to keep Lemon, but it will pay off next year when Cleo and Philip Rivers are all we've got.

kecko
09-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by: CoronaDoug

Cleo is the man. I have been saying this all year. He will be THE # 2 qb behind Rivers for years.

I agree. A longterm back-up Qb is a really good thing to have. Like Volek in Tennessee.

ftwbolt
09-06-2004, 05:04 PM
It would be interesting to find out if keeping 4 QB's was AJ's idea or Morty's. He acted during the press conference like he did not want to address that question.
Originally posted by: RideTheLightning

Originally posted by: coolbeans

Don't be so quick to throw Rivers under the bus for coming in late. He was a holdout due to a contract dispute, not because he was being a money grubbing SOB. Remember, LT & Jammer were also TC holdouts their rookie years. It's all part of the business side that most of us know nothing about. He was late, yes, but who's to say Drew still wouldn't have beaten him out for the #1 position?

I think it's a good thing keeping the 4 myself. Sure, it sucks that were esentially wasting a roster spot to keep Lemon, but it will pay off next year when Cleo and Philip Rivers are all we've got.

ZOD
09-06-2004, 05:09 PM
There's going to be a trade. Soon.

That is the ONLY reason they would keep 4 QB's.

Marty saying "there is no trade, we WANT them all" is BULLS*** intended to display a good poker face to get as much as possible in negotiations with the other team for either Brees, Flutie, or Lemon.

I guarantee it.

Riversrat
09-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by: radwang
4 QB is still one (maybe 2) too many. The frustration of being a converted Charger fan is the fact that the fans have much lower expectations that GB, SF, or even OAK have. We focus too much on the future and lack the vision of focusing on putting the best product on the field. Brees seems like he is coming along and most likely if we cut him he will get picked up before Couch. GB would've like to have Brees as an option but that was not on the table. Rivers is still unproven, the hold-out made him sour quickly for me. It wouldn't surprise me Rivers turns into a Cryin' Leaf. I agree with others that Flutie needs to become a QB coach we all love him but it's time to do the right thing for the team. Lastly Lemon, gotta go. The future talk is too much for me, we should've beefed up other positions with the spots that Flutie and Lemon are taking up. Marty should just go with Brees or Rivers for the season, if they get hurt make them play hurt. Favre always does! My 2 cents.

Don't worry about Rivers being a crier...it'll never happen. He's a classy guy. You can't blame just Rivers for the hold out. I may be a new SD fan, but even I know the history SD has signing draft picks. Rivers started 51 games at State, his back up played in 10 games in '02 and '03 combined. If it was due to an injury, it was only long enough for Rivers to get taped or bandaged then get back in the game...he is not afraid to play injured. He is not a prima donna.....

Redman7
09-06-2004, 05:24 PM
I agree there will be a trade pretty soon. Maybe a few games into the season though.

Neither Brees nor Rivers is going to be happy being a backup, Flutie who should be the starter will not be happy being third in line. Either Brees or Flutie is gone. Whoever they get the most for.

Riversrat
09-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by: Redman7
I agree there will be a trade pretty soon. Maybe a few games into the season though.

Neither Brees nor Rivers is going to be happy being a backup, Flutie who should be the starter will not be happy being third in line. Either Brees or Flutie is gone. Whoever they get the most for.

Do you really think they would trade Brees now?

KingKevo
09-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Rivers is going to have to be happy being a backup, hes 3rd string right now and I think its where he belongs. If Brees struggles, instead of throwing Rivers under the bus Marty can put in Flutie who we have seen give the team a boost, and as someone said if we get rid of Brees at the end of the year and we lose Flutie to retirement then we have our two QBs of the future. I dont see a trade.

onthegreenrb
09-06-2004, 09:19 PM
I gotta disagree with keeping 4 QBs. We cut both Dyson and Lassiter, veterans that would be solid in positions where we're loaded with youth.

Chargeroo
09-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by: Riversrat
. Do you really think they would trade Brees now?[/quote]
I think they'd trade Brees as soon as they think PR is ready to step into the lineup. I think they'd even do it sooner if the offer was good enough. They decided before the draft that Philip was the guy they wanted and they still have Doug who's good for at least a start or two. Somewhere along the way this year the intention is to have Philip take over. I feel certain of that.

Rewound
09-07-2004, 07:18 PM
What did people think of Cleo Lemon last year?

If he had the same potential last year, then why didn't someone pick him up off the PS?

Eowawa
09-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Rivers is going to have to be happy being a backup, hes 3rd string right now and I think its where he belongs. If Brees struggles, instead of throwing Rivers under the bus Marty can put in Flutie who we have seen give the team a boost, and as someone said if we get rid of Brees at the end of the year and we lose Flutie to retirement then we have our two QBs of the future. I dont see a trade. Re: King D
I think you may have it just about right here. Marty is not sold on Brees by a long shot if you read between the lines and look at his actions the last year or so. He loves the 'security blanket' Doug Flutie provides him, being able to yank Brees at any moment in a game that's still within reach, insert Flutie cold off the bench and have a legitmate chance to pull a victory. The other two QBs (however talented), can not offer this at least not yet. AS a further bonus, DF, because of his vast experience does not require and use up a whole lot of practice time to stay ready. The other two youngsters need practice time and LOTS of it, in order to progress in a reasonable timeframe. DF provides Marty this luxury of giving them just that weekly.. The added bonus, someone already adeptly pointed out, DF is really the 'de-facto' QB coach already on this team and has the respect and ear of all the other QBs. Marty can play the nepotism game with his sibling to his hearts content this way, and still the job is getting done. Just think about it. Like Marty said himeself..."Doug isn't going ANYWHERE'. Small wonder he said this when all the above is considered fully.

mcc2mobile
09-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by: Eowawa
I think you may have it just about right here. Marty is not sold on Brees by a long shot if you read between the lines and look at his actions the last year or so. He loves the 'security blanket' Doug Flutie provides him, being able to yank Brees at any moment in a game that's still within reach, insert Flutie cold off the bench and have a legitmate chance to pull a victory. The other two QBs (however talented), can not offer this at least not yet. AS a further bonus, DF, because of his vast experience does not require and use up a whole lot of practice time to stay ready. The other two youngsters need practice time and LOTS of it, in order to progress in a reasonable timeframe. DF provides Marty this luxury of giving them just that weekly.. The added bonus, someone already adeptly pointed out, DF is really the 'de-facto' QB coach already on this team and has the respect and ear of all the other QBs. Marty can play the nepotism game with his sibling to his hearts content this way, and still the job is getting done. Just think about it. Like Marty said himeself..."Doug isn't going ANYWHERE'. Small wonder he said this when all the above is considered fully.

Agree, Marty will yank Brees on a heartbeat if the turnover bug bites again. He won't stubbornly wait this year as he did last year. Last year he kept trying Brees but got burned. So you can guarrantee in this " performance based league"(Schott quote last year), that Schott will be twice as quick to pull the relief plug when necessary.

rrogers
09-09-2004, 04:35 AM
I agree for the most part but Flutie will be gone before Brees unless someones makes a very good offer.

snajones
09-09-2004, 07:40 AM
Wow...

I was curious myself as to why the Chargers kept the 4 QBs. Some of y'all made some good thoughts. I have to agree with / and hope / the team is thinking of:

1- possible trade bait if needed
2- Using Cleo Lemon on trick plays - and for the future after Flutie retires.

However, I guess I am not off the Brees bandwagon yet. I think the guy can get it done. I think 90% of his woes the last two seasons were our offensive line. Every year it seems we have one of the worst lines... and nothing ever seems to get done about it. If LT lined up behiond the Chiefs O-line - he would have had 2000+ last year easily... If not record setting rushing yard numbers.

We have what could be considered the deepest Linebacker corps in the NFL right now - and a bunch of guys on the offensive line that would struggle to be backups for most other NFL teams.

Shrug.

mcc2mobile
09-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by: snajones
Some of y'all made some good thoughts. I have to agree with / and hope / the team is thinking of:
1- possible trade bait if needed

2- Using Cleo Lemon on trick plays - and for the future after Flutie retires.

I think 90% of his woes the last two seasons were our offensive line.

Every year it seems we have one of the worst lines... and nothing ever seems to get done about it. ...
bunch of guys on the offensive line that would struggle to be backups for most other NFL teams.

Disagree on the line for this year. I believe that it has been reworked and these guys are not back ups. Now that being said, a REMAINS healthy O line is a must for this year. We'll see how good these guys are on Sunday. I think we will be pleasantly suprised, and that LT will be doing his miracles again.

THEPOZ
09-10-2004, 11:30 PM
A.J. kept 4 Q.B's so he dosen't have to give one up for nothing. I think that he thinks this will be a throw away year,so get a draft choice for one of them later in the year.It's just what I would do.Only my opinion.

Chargeroo
09-10-2004, 11:43 PM
I think you have it right POZ. I'd almost say I'm POZitive. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Rewound - Lemon looked quite a bit improved this year over last year. I guess the year of practicing with the team paid off.

WARHAWKS
09-12-2004, 03:14 PM
i suggest why not we trade Lemon to miami for Seau or else. Lemon look even better than Miami quarterbacks like Fiedler and Feeley. Miami quarterbacks is suck. why not we trade for frist round or something i guess.

i/expressions/SDG_Junior_Seau.gif

optout
09-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Lemon for Seau. Are you kidding me? What is Seau gonna do for us now? (Hmm, young aspiring QB for retirement ready LB) Anyway you keep 4 because you know Drew will be decent til about the 8th game or so. Someone will be calling for a QB and Drew will look somewhat pretty if he didnt give the ball to opposing defenses to many times already. Trade Drew let PR and CL get there reps. Someone already mentioned, that Charger front office already knows this is a throw away year so see if you can get something for nothing. Flutie will retire at the end of this year and take over some coaching within the organization somewhere, but helping PR and CL in their growth during this season. With PR and CL taking over QB duties for years to come.

soeyaman
09-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Reason they have 4 qbs is that next year Rivers will start Lemon will most likely be his back up so if rivers struggle or gets hurt they'll have a qb who's had some chemestry experience with the team to step in and do a pretty good job in his role as backup