PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer Will Be A Bust

Braintypes
09-06-2004, 11:47 AM
If you guys thought Ryan Leaf was a bust, wait until you see how Carson Palmer flops. The only difference will be how Carson handles the failure. he will be a gentleman about it. Carson is an ISFJ, a rarity not only in sports but in society as well. His main problems will be his extreme tunnel vision under pressure, locking on a receiver, and also his throwing mechanics will suffer greatly while under pressure. Although Carson was impressive in college, it is an entirely different game in the NFL.

BTW:
For those interested, LaDanian Tomlinson is the same braintype as Barry Sanders, an ISTP, tough and durable. All those comparisons that have been made between LT and Barry since LT entered the league have been right on the money.

boltsboltsbolts
09-06-2004, 12:14 PM
so - feel free to give us the brain type scoop on philip. i'm much more interested in mr. rivers' brain type than whether carson palmer is gonna make it or not.

Braintypes
09-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Sure thing. Phillip Rivers is an ESTP. The same as Unitas, Namath, Montana, Elway, Marino and Peyton Manning just to name a few. ESTP's are the optimal braintype for QB in the NFL. Rivers is just what the doctor ordered for the Bolts. Its been a long dry spell for the Chargers but now we're headed in the right direction, finally. Go Bolts!

eeks2284
09-06-2004, 12:20 PM
the difference b/w Palmer and Leaf is that Palmer has some serious weapons like he had at SC.. he has 3 solid-excellent WRs in Johnson, Warrick, and Washington.. a quality back in rudi johnson, and a very good line in front of him

Palmer will make mistakes for sure, but he'll also make this high-octane offense score some points.. I think he'll have a Trent Green like impact on the NFL

squabble
09-06-2004, 12:37 PM
Braintypes...... Lord have mercy! It's all well and good naming some of the good ESTP's but how many useless QB's have had the same braintype over the years?

Braintypes
09-06-2004, 12:54 PM
You're missing the point 'Squabble'. Of course all ESTP's don't make it. The point being at least we NOW have a chance with Rivers whereas we have NO chance with ENFP Drew Brees. Now there is a real possibilty, not the impossibilty we've been under with Drew at the helm.

chargerfanjim619
09-06-2004, 01:43 PM
I had a sayonce last night...busted out my oouigee board....and it said Philip Rivers may or may not be good. Said the same thing about Brees...and everyother play that may oput on this Chargers uniform. If there are spelling errors there...you get the idea. Buncha Phoeyy

BlueandGold
09-06-2004, 02:02 PM
How do you happen to get these Braintypes? I mean, do we all go through "Braintype" testing that we all don't know about? Or is this braintyping done from a purely external standpoint?

And anyhow... I agree that Palmer will be a bust. He was purely a system guy at USC who had a great senior year. Reminds me a lot of Tim Couch, and look where he is now.

kiwibolt
09-06-2004, 02:05 PM
ChargerfanJim619,
Sweet man....I busted out my Magic 8 ball and when I asked if Phillip Rivers liked the color of our uniforms it told me....."try again later" Do you think he is happy here? Should we change our Super Charger song to make the aura of the stadium align with the cosmic vibes?
What in the heck is up with all of this nonsense? You know what we need to do? Check to see if guys have some grit and desire. Fellas, do us a favor and save all the new age nonsense for the feelgood.com discussion board.

Braintypes
09-06-2004, 02:11 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: BlueandGold
How do you happen to get these Braintypes?

Here's the questionnaire to find out your braintype:

http://www.braintypes.com/questionnaire.htm

boltsboltsbolts
09-06-2004, 05:24 PM
thanks braintypes....i had seen other people talked about, and from what i could tell, rivers seemed like an outgoing, leader type, so i figured he was a solid one, but i still wanted to know what type.

xnet
09-06-2004, 08:47 PM
ouija? magic 8 ball? I went to the ultimate source: the tarot card reader on venice blvd & palm up here is freak-a-delic smog-la. You know what she said? Neither do I, it was in Russian but it sounded very upbeat and gungho. That must mean PR's going to rock!

onthegreenrb
09-06-2004, 09:17 PM
I don't know about a bust, he's got some nice talent around him in Cincy. I think they'll take a step backwards this year but thats because he'll be playing as a rookie.

I think Leftwich will have a better career though.

chargerfanjim619
09-06-2004, 09:39 PM
QB's will succeed if they have a good supporting cast. Montana could't have done it without Rice and Craig (with a donminant O-line)...Peyton couldn't do it without Harrison, a good TE in Pollard now Pollard and Dallas Clark, Faulk and the Edge a better than average O-line and good special teams play. It's not just about what the QB's brain reads on some test...it's also the weapons at his disposal and the guys paid to protect him.

maverjoe
09-06-2004, 10:03 PM
oh braintypes...football's nerdy kid brother.

I feel like our forum has had some kind of right of passage...its had its first braintype post.

xnet
09-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by: maverjoe

I feel like our forum has had some kind of right of passage...its had its first braintype post.

Is this akin to getting past first base?

maverjoe
09-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by: XnetZERO

Originally posted by: maverjoe

Is this akin to getting past first base?

I think the..."switch to powder blues" is first base..."braitypes" is second.

shocku
09-06-2004, 11:50 PM
This thread has me rolling on the floor in tears = ) Brain? dude? you have these guys careers torn apart before they get started.Guessing your a U.S.C. hater?....lol

let me get this straight though, if peyton manning was a charger last season he would take us to the super bowl?

Braintypes
09-07-2004, 12:03 AM
[quote]
Originally posted by: shocku
This thread has me rolling on the floor in tears = ) Brain? dude? you have these guys careers torn apart before they get started.

Yes sir, it's that easy. Carson's a bust and so is Brees. Guaranteed. How many other posters can guarantee it? Absolute guarantee. Save this thread. Brees ain't got it. Never will.

kiwibolt
09-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Braintypes,
obviously YOU don't get it..go rub a crystal on your head, face North and chant for rain. Anything but predict success based on some rubbish brain test. did you do your own braintype? If so, did you find ANYTHING in there?

Braintypes
09-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Save this thread kiwibolt. You'll never use it.

Riverwarrior
09-07-2004, 12:54 AM
I wa curious and took the test and in the test it says to choose AB and/or C. What does C mean and does it have any bearing on your test? I looked over the instructions again but couldnt see anything about C doing a darn thing.

As for beople bashing you, dont worry about it. They just dont understand that Brees is not a good QB (11TDs and 15 ints later...). Your also talking to alot of football fans who dont go to church very often (Sunday gamedays), os they wouldnt know how to believe in anything if it didnt hit them in the nose.

I tend to think these types of tests are on the right track but I sincerely doubt that there are only 16 braintypes. Other than that, they are pretty good.

shocku
09-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Yes will see about Breez! and Riverwarrior, for someone talking about church I think it's in extreamly poor taste to tell people that" they wouldn't belive in anything if it hit them in the face" whom you don't know or just in general.Not a good example of someone who makes it seem like they attend"church".By the way, what church do you attend that supports astrology,tarrot,palm,crystal or any other super natural fortune telling???Not trying to condem you in anyway but c'mon.

PLEASE, let's all keep this about football and the chargers!! We can all have the right to our own opinion with out insulting someone.

CHARGERS ROCK!!!!!!!!

Threadkiller
09-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by: Braintypes
Sure thing. Phillip Rivers is an ESTP. The same as Peyton Manning....

Do you think Philip will be able to duplicate Manning's success in the postseason?

Shamrock
09-07-2004, 06:17 AM
My braintype is ESPN.

~~~~~~~~~

Do we really have to listen to this voodoo medicine again ?????

Shamrock
09-07-2004, 06:21 AM
Want to know what's really funny?

I heard this dude being interviewed by Bob Valvano on ESPN Radio about 6-9 months ago. Guess how he "braintypes" these athletes? He watches them on TV.

That's some super-scientific method ya' got their braintyp-o........

squabble
09-07-2004, 11:41 AM
How can you tell what's going on in their brains from watching them on TV? Wouldn't you need to scan their brains to be able to tell the types they are?

Obviously the whats going on in their brains section of the first question is open to debate seeing as quite a few footballers don't really have any brains!!

BlueandGold
09-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by: Shamrock

I heard this dude being interviewed by Bob Valvano on ESPN Radio about 6-9 months ago. Guess how he "braintypes" these athletes? He watches them on TV.

I guess that answers my question. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

kiwibolt
09-07-2004, 01:47 PM
braintypes,
I'm done with this...apologies if I got a little too fired up. I still think it's foolish to try to predict success based on some questions, but to each his own.
Brees' lack of success over the past seasons has been a direct result of an O-line who couldn't pass protect and a crew of receivers who couldn't catch. If Brees ends up being a bust it will be a result of his questionable arm strength and because the Chargers threw him to the wolves his rookie year (when he won a few games BTW). Joe Namath, John Elway, Joe Theisman, John Hadl, Dan Fouts and Joe Montana put together couldn't have led the bolts to wins the last few seasons.

xnet
09-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by: Shamrock

If you press your cheek up to the screen just right you can get a direct connection to the QB's brainwaves. Be careful though, if there's any sort of static you could cross connect and end up in Brian Schottenheimer's brain, and we all know what happens then! /dev/null

Mr. Heisman
02-06-2006, 09:20 PM
boy did that turn out to be FALSE!

Dan40
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
If you press your cheek up to the screen just right you can get a direct connection to the QB's brainwaves. Be careful though, if there's any sort of static you could cross connect and end up in Brian Schottenheimer's brain, and we all know what happens then! /dev/null

That's freakin' hilarious!

How did I miss this thread before?

Carson Palmer sure looked like he was going to be an All-Pro before the injury.

TJ21
02-06-2006, 09:28 PM
boy did that turn out to be FALSE!
I hate old threads. But this was interesting to read. Talk about wrong.

LTfan4life
02-06-2006, 10:24 PM
You're missing the point 'Squabble'. Of course all ESTP's don't make it. The point being at least we NOW have a chance with Rivers whereas we have NO chance with ENFP Drew Brees. Now there is a real possibilty, not the impossibilty we've been under with Drew at the helm.

Wow...amazing brain science... :o

LTfan4life
02-06-2006, 10:25 PM

Wow Shammy!!! :D :D :Beer:

FanSince1979
02-06-2006, 10:26 PM
If you guys thought Ryan Leaf was a bust, wait until you see how Carson Palmer flops. The only difference will be how Carson handles the failure. he will be a gentleman about it. Carson is an ISFJ, a rarity not only in sports but in society as well. His main problems will be his extreme tunnel vision under pressure, locking on a receiver, and also his throwing mechanics will suffer greatly while under pressure. Although Carson was impressive in college, it is an entirely different game in the NFL.

BTW:
For those interested, LaDanian Tomlinson is the same braintype as Barry Sanders, an ISTP, tough and durable. All those comparisons that have been made between LT and Barry since LT entered the league have been right on the money.
Any other predictions?:o

Sirbob
02-06-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm an INTP/ENTP I actually control the first letter.

Ikeman83
02-07-2006, 06:46 AM
This was hillarious, next thing we're going to hear is how someone is the second coming of Christ because they have the same personality type.

Dan40
02-07-2006, 01:03 PM

Time to tell Brees that there is no "I" in "ENFP."

RAWDOGG
02-07-2006, 01:05 PM

BTW:

You probably wno't do this again, huh?:rolleyes:

Sanitation Man
02-07-2006, 01:11 PM
I don't know why Braintypes doesn't just use her real name...Miss Cleo!

It's probably because we would have been on to her and the "right on the mark" predictions.

Remember13and1?
02-10-2006, 06:51 PM
You shouldn't be quick to judge.

Yes, there are quarterbacks that are great in college but turn out to be bad in the pros. You can't tell who will be able to carry their talent accross the leagues, and who will find their talent.

What most people aren't getting is, no matter how harder the pros are than college, you still have to give a college player credit when he's entering the draft, his success should be decided on how he did in college.

P.S. Carson Palmer is one of my favorite quarterbacks, don't doubt him, even now when he's injured.

ryry2104
02-14-2006, 05:05 PM
i bet the guy who made this thread fells pretty dumb right now

maxiee
02-15-2006, 12:08 AM
i bet the guy who made this thread fells pretty dumb right now

Every player is going to be doubted, because thats the way things are in the NFL. But then again Palmer might not ever have the same success that he had this season, u just never know.

dserrano86
02-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Here's Carson!

What joke you got for us next?

Remember13and1?
02-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Let me make a statemen that can be interpreted as a joke later on.

I think the Texans and Cardinals will go to the super bowl next year.

DEboltsfan
02-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Tell me who the next Ryan Leaf will be next year............so I can draft him in my fantasy draft!

KanSt43
02-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Palmer is the man

KanSt43
02-19-2006, 07:44 PM
isnt ryan leaf coaching somewhere?

Shamrock
02-19-2006, 10:09 PM
How did I miss this thread before?
Braindamaged.com was a regular over at the UT for a while. As far as I'm concerned, his schtick is a pure con job. It's amazing that he's actually gotten on legitimate media stations to promote his voodoo medicine.

kwirk79
02-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I think it's pretty crap that this guy can judge someone's personality type from watching them on TV, but this "braintype" stuff actually refers to the Myers-Briggs Temperment Indicator, which is a real test used by psychologists, counselors, etc. It's not some new age hocus pocus, it has science to back it up. You can take the test yourself here:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

You might be surprised at how accurate it is.

cstu
02-20-2006, 10:33 PM
I think it's pretty crap that this guy can judge someone's personality type from watching them on TV, but this "braintype" stuff actually refers to the Myers-Briggs Temperment Indicator, which is a real test used by psychologists, counselors, etc. It's not some new age hocus pocus, it has science to back it up. You can take the test yourself here:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

You might be surprised at how accurate it is.

It may have some validity, but it isn't the deciding factor in being a good NFL QB. In fact, I believe Palmer's brain type is perfectly suited to playing on a team with a guy like Chad Johnson. Another QB would be bothered by it but Palmer loves that there's another guy to take the spotlight and let him concentrate on being a QB.

kwirk79
02-20-2006, 10:57 PM
It may have some validity, but it isn't the deciding factor in being a good NFL QB.
Yeah, I agree with you there...

Rivers4Presidnt
02-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Sure thing. Phillip Rivers is an ESTP. The same as Unitas, Namath, Montana, Elway, Marino and Peyton Manning just to name a few. ESTP's are the optimal braintype for QB in the NFL. Rivers is just what the doctor ordered for the Bolts. Its been a long dry spell for the Chargers but now we're headed in the right direction, finally. Go Bolts!

Couldn't agree with you more. However Philip is much tougher than Peyton Manning. You saw what he did to that guy who intercepted him in the final game of this season.

mk87
02-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. However Philip is much tougher than Peyton Manning. You saw what he did to that guy who intercepted him in the final game of this season.

So I guess you condone with how the Raiders and Broncos play. :rolleyes:

mk87
02-23-2006, 04:56 AM
I just want to add that if you look up "tough", you'd see a picture of Drew Brees. :)

Tough isn't an act unnessary violence. Tough is showing stamina, holding your ground... getting back up after you fall... holding yourself together when everyone else would understand if you fall apart. Drew Brees has established himself as a tough guy on the field and as the leader of the Chargers. He took on the responsibility of the team when another notable leader had no problem calling his teammates out. The offensive line has fallen apart in many crucial parts of many games in 2005, but instead of taking a sack and waiting, Drew Brees took risks to keep his offense on the field and get the job done (Indy game: Manning, the so-call #1 QB couldn't even get a first down and could only capitalize on turnovers, while Drew Brees made the game ours almost every time he was starting from the Colts 2yard line). Most importantly, his comeback in 2004 which could possibly lifted the team's morale and catalyzed the team's best performance in a decade. Pulling a guy's helmet off out of bounds is not even comparable.