PDA

View Full Version : Leverette signed by 40-Whiners

Shamrock
09-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Leverette signed (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20040906-1336-fbn-49ers-leverette.html) with the 49ers today.

Boltdiehard
09-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Did you like this guy? I know he produced a bit but you seem surprised.

Boltjolt
09-06-2004, 05:09 PM
I like Leverette myself but with the emergence of Ball, he was expendible.

HOSSman
09-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by: Boltjolt
I like Leverette myself but with the emergence of Ball, he was expendible.

I completely agree with this assessment.

ftwbolt
09-06-2004, 05:14 PM
They should have kept him and got rid of Polk or Moreno.

Hossman long time no talk, glad to see you again.

HOSSman
09-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by: ftwbolt

Hey ftwbolt, great to hear from you as well. I understand you are going to the game in Houston. Give 'em heck and start us out with a winner.

Polk or Moreno. How about we get rid of 2 QBs and get rid of Polk and Moreno (this message is approved and provided on behalf of Shamrock).

Chargeroo
09-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by: HOSSman

Hey ftwbolt, great to hear from you as well. I understand you are going to the game in Houston. Give 'em heck and start us out with a winner.

Polk or Moreno. How about we get rid of 2 QBs and get rid of Polk and Moreno (this message is approved and provided on behalf of Shamrock). Polk is being moved to QB. He'll be the "Penalty Providing QB" - when we need a penalty for an excuse. he'll come in. Of course, you're aware that Zeke has been practicing as a Kicker Offer?

ftwbolt
09-06-2004, 05:43 PM
But Polk only knows how to HOLD,BLOCK IN THE BACK (ST) and OFFSIDES.

HOSSman
09-06-2004, 05:48 PM

I think you are greatly underestimating his ability to put yellow laundry on the field. I am sure there are more if he puts his mind to it.

I am a bigger Polk fan than Zeke, but most would disagree with me. I like the play of Cooper and Shaun Phillips. In any regard, if Polk does not play smarter on ST, he will end up cutting himself.

No kicker-offers makes me nervous this year.

RideTheLightning
09-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Good for Otis. The Niners got themselves a good young DE prospect.

Chargeroo
09-06-2004, 05:58 PM
I really like the looks of Cooper. He seems capable of stopping the run, getting after the QB, and helping out in coverage. I still want to see both Cooper and Phillips playing against the regulars. Cooper seems to have come a long ways from the tentative young guy we saw at this time a year ago. He's getting after it this year. Our depth at LB is pretty decent now. If we get a consistent pass rush going and cover the flats a bit better, we just may have defense.

HOSSman
09-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
I really like the looks of Cooper. He seems capable of stopping the run, getting after the QB, and helping out in coverage. I still want to see both Cooper and Phillips playing against the regulars. Cooper seems to have come a long ways from the tentative young guy we saw at this time a year ago. He's getting after it this year. Our depth at LB is pretty decent now. If we get a consistent pass rush going and cover the flats a bit better, we just may have defense.

Good point. I also wonder how the coverage schemes and results look when Edwards gets back into the starting line-up. I think that will improve this situation. Cooper has just killer speed and range. I could not believe how big physically Foley looked during the games.

ftwbolt
09-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Shamrock would always give me a hard time about Polk, because I liked him coming out of Nebraska. I watched him off and on for a couple of years. The guy was everywhere on the field from his MLB spot making plays. He gets to San Diego, and its like his head is not in the game at all.

I'm a bigger fan of Polk than Moreno too. Moreno is good at sniffing out the run, but he sucks in pass coverage.

I think you are greatly underestimating his ability to put yellow laundry on the field. I am sure there are more if he puts his mind to it.

I am a bigger Polk fan than Zeke, but most would disagree with me. I like the play of Cooper and Shaun Phillips. In any regard, if Polk does not play smarter on ST, he will end up cutting himself.

No kicker-offers makes me nervous this year.

Chargeroo
09-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Good point. I also wonder how the coverage schemes and results look when Edwards gets back into the starting line-up. I think that will improve this situation. Cooper has just killer speed and range. I could not believe how big physically Foley looked during the games. Yes, Foley is huge and we won't be giving up too much on sweeps while he's in there.
On the other side Leber has also improved a lot. I've wondered if having Donnie back will help out on those passes to the flats. He has superior speed, couldn't hurt! I keep remembering how we all thought Leber was a bad pick. Same this year when they picked a Center. Funny how they outsmart me, and yet I always think I'm right.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

HOSSman
09-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
On the other side Leber has also improved a lot. I've wondered if having Donnie back will help out on those passes to the flats. He has superior speed, couldn't hurt! I keep remembering how we all thought Leber was a bad pick. Same this year when they picked a Center. Funny how they outsmart me, and yet I always think I'm right.

You are always right....just some times they are a little more right. But then again they have all the inside information. We have to point out their flaws with one hand tied behind our backs.

I just hope Donnie's injury is fully healed and he is ready for full speed.

KingKevo
09-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Moreno is just bad IMO, at least Polk brings some intensity to the special teams, sure it normally ends up with us losing 10-15 yards, but its nice to have someone out there getting the crowd into it.

Stone
09-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Gosh, I'm happy to see Leverette land somewhere. I think he was turning it up last year, and with a little more tuning I htouhgt he's be there. He's a ctually a starter for me in Madden, funny eh?

Shamrock
09-06-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm not a huge Leverette fan, as I like DQ Scott at DE, but I thought Leverette had decent speed off the edge in pass situations. From Dingle's play last year, I thought Leverette was about his equal.

Moreno sucks. Polk sucks even more. Thanks to HOSSman for the Officially Certified and Approved Shamrock message above ......

I really like Cooper's play. He just always seems to get to the play. Same with Foley. Foley can shed a block. Maybe he'll teach that manuever to Polk and Moreno...... If I had to pick a starting LB corps, it would be Foley, Cooper, Edwards and Leber.

I'm not yet sold on Godfrey.

RMANCIL
09-07-2004, 05:46 AM
Leverte looked good to me and I would not be shocked to see him get a lot of PT with S.F.

I thought Polk would get the axe instead.Of course the fact the Bolts held on to so many QB also hurt.

Threadkiller
09-07-2004, 06:01 AM
Good to see you over here, Hossman.

DayOneBoltsFan
09-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Leverette was a good player but because we switched to the 3-4 he was no good to us. He was purely a DE i.e. tall, skiney, and fast when in the 3-4 you need DEs that are more like DTs.