PDA

View Full Version : Peter King Loves the Chargers' Chance at The Super Bowl

michael
09-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Peter King in his latest predictions for the season have the SDC with a total of 2 wins for the year!!! The other worst teams all have a minimum of 4! We must be special to him.

Last year, I watched the Chargers web page daily and got excited cause things always seemed to be improving, the spirits were always upbeat, and Coach Shott always seemed to have really positive things to say. This year, its the same talk but Im not getting excited. What is wrong????!!!!!

I live in Orlando and have been in Florida my whole life and have been a Chargers fan since I was six. My mom tried shoving the Dolphins down my throat but to no avail.

At what point in time as a grown man do you look at your team and wonder honestly, "WHO IS SCREWING THIS UP YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR!!!!!!"

Im ready to puke Im so sick. Were not even competetive so dont hand me this crap about how this year might be better...BULL. And I am sick as well of all this cliche talkin crapp I see everyday on the web too. What sorry excuses am I gonna have to listen to Coach Shott spew after every game this year? Base his salary on his winnings and I bet things perk up a bit. It feels like hes content being in his twilight years as a coach and I hate to see it at the expense of THE CHARGERS!!!! Like last year when we'd self destruct with like 1000 penalties for 15,000,000 yards. Whats up with that?!!!!! At what point does the owner and his family get involved and DEMAND better. Maybe theyre complacent too...who knows. Ill tell ya...I cant just turn my back cause they are and always will be my one and only sports team. But DAMN! Even shareholders can oust a corporate head as a collective group!!! We Got Nothin!!!! Except love and pain. Thanks Spanos...we appreciate it. Hope you had fun at The Olympics, but the next time you agree to take an invitation from the President to represent successful Greek Americans-make sure youre actually a success. Hey, maybe when were the number one pick in the draft next year we can get ANOTHER quarterback....cause thats ALL thats wrong with the team....it couldnt possibly be that Brees didnt have any protection that he failed last year could it???? Sure am glad were on to a better QB cause NOW well really win some games!!!! The TRUE reason we suck, however, is our defense. A high school football team can pass on us. If the Harlem Globetrotters ran the 2 minute drill theyd want the Chargers secondary to play against.

So when does the bloodletting stop? Whos the person inside the organization that DEMANDS things change and turns the corner on a new era. Give me that guys Email address cause I have a thought or two. I sure am sick of this and that i know for sure.

michael
orlando,florida

RideTheLightning
09-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Peter King sucks. All he really cares about are the Giants and Starbucks.

WVBOLTFAN
09-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Actually I see us only winning 2 games too.And BELIEVE me it hurts like hell to think we will only win that many,hopefully I am WAY OFF,but we have a long ways to go to be a .500 team IMO.

MoveitMister
09-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by: RideTheLightning
Peter King sucks. All he really cares about are the Giants and Starbucks.
And comfortable seats on airplanes.

michael
09-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Lets not forget that Peter King also even more than he loves his lattes loves Jake Plummer. Its actually kinda creeps me out. I think he tried to kiss Jake one time in an interview, but Jake already has a boyfriend....hehe I hate John Elway too.

TrumpetDude
09-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Peter King is "Jabba-The-Huts" illegitimate prison love child. Dude bytes the dangler bad..i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Stone
09-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by: michael
Hey, maybe when were the number one pick in the draft next year we can get ANOTHER quarterback....cause thats ALL thats wrong with the team....it couldnt possibly be that Brees didnt have any protection that he failed last year could it????
It's that same line that took Stan Humphries out of football, its that same line that kept us behind for so long, it's that same line we felt so "devoted" to fixing that we didn't think about it until the third round.

I swear, haven't any of these winning teams taught you anything, Chargers? From Baltimore to Tampa to New England, all different styles of play, but all had a dominant offensive line!

It's the parable of the 100 dollar bill. You can have all the Benjamins you want, but if you don't keep it safe, you'll lose that money in an instant. Look at the world at large - your country can be rich in resources, capital, and business - but if you don't protect it, it all can die in the snap of a finger and blink of an eye.

I love Philip as my own now, but I sadly wait for the day that he falls, slams his head like Stan in the past, and then leaves us way before he should.

BUFFALObillsFAN
04-16-2005, 04:41 PM
lol someone should bring this article up to peter king now. he must have screwed up the Wins and Losses columns.

JoeMcRugby
04-16-2005, 05:32 PM
lol someone should bring this article up to peter king now. he must have screwed up the Wins and Losses columns.

In several columns towards the end of the season, Peter King brought up this article himself.

BTW King wasn't alone in his assessment. After all, the guy covering the Chargers for the UT said that he couldn't see one single win when he looked at the schedule one week before the start of the 2005 season.

SuperBowlBolts
04-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Actually I see us only winning 2 games too.And BELIEVE me it hurts like hell to think we will only win that many,hopefully I am WAY OFF,but we have a long ways to go to be a .500 team IMO.
We may be a long way from being a .500 team but that has no bearing on how well we play this coming season. Trust me we will win at least 10 games and win the AFC West again

foober
04-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Thankgod the media people don't run the chargers. And thankgod for A.j. that he does..

SDynasty
04-16-2005, 11:29 PM
PK is an overwieght wind bag who picked Tampa to win the SB 4 years running and they never did. Then you guessed, when he picked the Packers the Bucs beat down the faiders.

PK is a joke, most of us know as much as he does considering his inside relationship with the players and league personel.

SuperChargersGo
04-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Wow it took me a while to realize that article was posted at the beggining of last season. I was thinking how can this guy really think we will only win 2 games this year? hehe

SuperBowlBolts
04-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Wow it took me a while to realize that article was posted at the beggining of last season. I was thinking how can this guy really think we will only win 2 games this year? hehe
Are you serious it was last season?

SDChargeHer
04-17-2005, 03:30 PM
lol you guys are slloooowwwww

BigKeefSun
08-13-2006, 12:17 PM
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt:
All that we needed was secondary help! How bout a guy named Cromartie? Anyone see him last night? Ever heard of a guy named Mcree? Add them 2 our front 7, throw in Gates, LT, a bunch of tall fast receivers, #17, I believe we the Bolts are untouchable! What are the doubters thinking about? All other fans get off our site now! u have no chance!!! CRUMBS!!!

BigKeefSun
08-13-2006, 12:21 PM
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt: A.J. Smith should run 4 president! He makes the best decisions in the nfl! What other GM has made the kind of bold Genius type of moves that Smith has? Only Butler, God rest his soul!

StLBoltboy
08-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Actually for whatever grief he got about any 2004 predictions, if there's a writer who REALLY wants to drink the Chargers Kool-Aid, it's King. When he did his Super Bowl pick in the early summer he had San Diego penciled in as the AFC representative temporarily, even after hating on SD for the Brees situation.

Bolt4Life
08-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Why was something brought back from way back when?

Caslon
08-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Gates and Tomlinson share a laugh over something just as funny.

http://home.san.rr.com/jdc/gates.jpg

Dan40
08-13-2006, 04:13 PM
In light of the fact that the first post of this thread is a bit negative, and the poster hasn't been back for over a year, I'm going to close out this thread.