View Full Version : It's betting season

Boltdiehard
09-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Welp, it's that time of the year again. Here's my picks for this weekend:

Tenn -3

KC +2

Atl -3

SD +4.5

I just won my first parlay of the year on some college games; would have been much nicer had Notre Dame fricken shown up.

Where are you squabble?? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

BDH

boltheadmv
09-06-2004, 08:26 PM
i'll give you mine on saturday.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

onthegreenrb
09-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Just doing pools this week but if I was betting...

Jax +3
Bal -3
SF +3 1/2
Ten -3

squabble
09-07-2004, 01:01 AM
I have arrived BDH, just a quick question for an uninformed foreigner... What the heck is a parlay??

I'm thinking the Ravens (at odds against) have their division in the bag from day one, their offense isn't the greatest but then again it's probably as good as that superbowl winning defense of theirs (that's not saying too much though is it).
I also can't really see who will stop the Vikings in their division... But I also have a sneaky feeling the Jets will top the Pats in the East at some nice odds!

As for this weekend.... I'll have to get checking up on the lines, I have to say the Chargers +4.5 look good value though!

Boltdiehard
09-07-2004, 10:17 AM
squabble, a parlay is a where you pick anywhere from say 3-6 games. My original post is a parlay; I picked four games, bet $10 to win $110. I hope that makes sense. You and I talked a lot about betting last year on the UT board.

BDH

squabble
09-07-2004, 11:16 AM
So a parlay is basically an accumalator...

O.k. So I have had a quick look at one of the bookies over here and so far I quite like the look of the Chargers +5, the Chiefs +3 and the Titans -3. I also quite fancy the Jaguars to rough up the Bills and to also have a good season!

squabble
09-07-2004, 11:30 AM
How about some of these bets...

1st HC to be sacked - Wannstedt 5/2, Schotty 5/1 and the boat I missed... Erickson 8/1 (he was 16/1 last night!)
L. Tomlinson regular season TD's - under 16 29/20, 16-17 2/1 or over 17 8/5.
Most rushing TD's - P. Holmes Scr 11/4, S. Alexander +8 7/2, A. Green +9 7/2, L. Tomlinson +10 10/3 or D. McAllister +13 3/1 - Only these count.
MVP - L. Tomlinson 16/1 - This would be the bet of the century if we could make the playoffs, how he doesn't win it anyway amazes me!
Top rusher - J. Lewis 3/1, L. Tomlinson 5/1 - Put Tomlinson behind that line in Baltimore and you could forget about the single season rushing record... In fact as soon as we have a half decent line for a full season you can also forget about that record i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

HOSSman
09-08-2004, 12:43 AM
[quote]
Originally posted by: squabble
So a parlay is basically an accumalator...[quote]

See BDH, this is the verbiage of a professional gambler. squabble in fact checked the odds posted in London on the mean definition of parlay versus accumulator and took the over!

One small tip...just be sure BDH to hand your wallet to the little woman before you start betting scenarios with squabble, or Alameda County taxes will have to go up again to cover your debts.

Good luck gentlemen!

squabble
09-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Professional.... I struggle to be amateur!

I just think you can do quite well if you pay a little attention to pointless information, I'm still slightly bothered (the P word is banned?!?) Holmes didn't win the MVP last season... I had him at somewhere in the region of 20/1, it would have paid for my holiday!

Boltdiehard
09-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by: HOSSman
[quote]

So a parlay is basically an accumalator...[quote]

One small tip...just be sure BDH to hand your wallet to the little woman before you start betting scenarios with squabble, or Alameda County taxes will have to go up again to cover your debts.

Good luck gentlemen!

Hey, I am in no way connected to Al Davis, Grey Davis, or any other licensed thief that has free reign in this damned county and state.

God Bless Arnold and god Bless our mother country across the pond!!!

Good luck this weekend squabble.

i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

maverjoe
09-10-2004, 04:02 PM
ok don't laugh me out of here...but I think the Rams favored by 11 over the Cards was a pretty big spread... I was thinking about putting some money down on the Cards in the hope that they could keep the game in reason.

squabble
09-11-2004, 05:42 AM
BDH - Bet365 (http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp) do a parlay slip, so I now officially understand exactly what it is. They also do a 6 point teaser slip... Even I could win on that thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Good luck this weekend, I have the Titans -3.5 tinight to get the season started properly!

squabble
09-11-2004, 05:45 AM
Maverjoe - I think that games is a very dodgy spread, it ranges from around about 9 and goes through to about 13.5. I can't see how the Cardinals can live with the Rams in St Louis, this looks like it could be ugly! I think the Rams may well rack up fast approaching 40 points... Although last season I thought the Dolphins would beat the Texans which wasn't my finest hour

maverjoe
09-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Maverjoe - I think that games is a very dodgy spread, it ranges from around about 9 and goes through to about 13.5. I can't see how the Cardinals can live with the Rams in St Louis, this looks like it could be ugly! I think the Rams may well rack up fast approaching 40 points... Although last season I thought the Dolphins would beat the Texans which wasn't my finest hour

well the cards lost but they covered they beat the spread...looks like I won. can't wait to see what the odds are for next week. i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Boltdiehard
09-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Well, I didn't do too good this weekend but that's ok, the Chargers won. i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

BDH

squabble
09-13-2004, 03:19 AM
I had the Titans -3.5, the Chargers +5.5 and the Raiders +4.5 whichc will get me back 120 plus change. I also had another bet that was let down by the Falcons, I had them giving the 49ers 2.5 and at 14-0 it all looked good then even at 14-6 going into the 4th how could I forsee the Falcons winning by only 2?

Oh well profit for week 1 to go with a Chargers win and a Raiders loss what more could I want?

maverjoe
09-13-2004, 04:25 PM
hey squabble, what do you think about the Skins only getting 3 points over the Giants? I think they're gonna kill them...especially if Eli starts.

squabble
09-14-2004, 04:16 AM
I got to see the Skins game live on sunday and the thing that impreseed me the most was their OLine, Tampa seemed to struggle to get pressure on the QB and as for the running game...! Well you have to think they will score often against the Giants so the only question is will the Giants be able to keep up with them?
The 2nd most impressive thing about the Skins was their D, they got pressure often and were not afraid to bring the whole team on blitz packages. They left man coverage and just blitzed everybody else, the Giants have a bad OLine and I can't see how Warner or Manning will survive the full length of this game... The Skins look way too much for the Giants on both sides of the ball, although in saying it that I don't know how bad the Giants were against the Eagles!

squabble
09-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Early line has the Chargers +3 against the Jets and it'll probably get bigger by the middle of the week.

Boltdiehard
09-14-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm sticking with college games this week; the NFL schedule is brutal.

BDH

Thunderstruck
09-15-2004, 12:16 AM
BDH: What do you think about the spread in the SDSU Michigan game?

It was State +22 UM last I saw.

squabble
09-15-2004, 03:34 AM
BDH - I think the Redskins -3 @ the Giants is a near gimme for this weekend.

Boltdiehard
09-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
BDH: What do you think about the spread in the SDSU Michigan game?

It was State +22 UM last I saw.

I stayed away from that one and i don't know much about the SDSU team but I think they'll cover if I had to guess.

Squabble, nope, not touching the NFL this weekend.

BDH

Boltdiehard
09-19-2004, 08:53 AM
I got smoked thanks to VA Tech yesterday i/expressions/brokenheart.gif

Here's my NFL line for today:

Denv/Jax- Over 39
Indy/Tenn- Over 46.5
Wash- -3

BDH

squabble
09-19-2004, 10:25 AM
I've not had a bad day so far, a winning treble and a winning single which has me up a couple of hundred before the football starts.

I have had some really crazy bets for this week.... 6 and 7 point teaser bets!! Didn't really fancy much outside of the Redskins so I stuck to the crazier side of the bookies shop i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif