PDA

View Full Version : Cam Cameron, whats up with the play calling?

urlacher54
09-07-2004, 12:13 AM
OK face it, all last season and this upcoming season we are going to see the same thing. The chargers are predictable. 1st down run, second down run, third down pass. Why dont the chargers switch it up a little bit. Different formations, get a 5 wide going, shake it up a bit sometimes. And doesnt it make you angry when when the chargers have a minite to score and just run the ball and let the clock tick til the half ends. . WHat are your thoughts? ----- GO CHARERS!

thismustbejon
09-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Ahhhhh you have hit my lets get rid of cam carmon button, i thought his head was gone when we got rid of dale linsey i dont know why we kept him and havnin him now on the field is gonna help.....yah right. But i denno they said they gonna open things more like lets see... not give the ball to LT on 1st and 2nd and 3rd down. maybe it was because the lack of players steping up last year cough boston cough but maybe this year with people wanting the ball in gates, osgood, parker they can run pass plays to surpise teams on first down ohhhh the element of surprise passing on first down might open up deep passes that one thing we got going after lasts years play calling

RideTheLightning
09-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Cam has no imagination. None.

Ahh, I can't wait until we return to the glorious year of 2003 and the good 'ol run run pass punt offense.

BTW, thismustbejon,

Worst. Avatar. EVAR.

slylike
09-07-2004, 11:21 PM
cryin ryan is one ugly dude. look at him squint and grimace like he has got to take a dump

geek
09-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Why dont the chargers switch it up a little bit. Different formations, get a 5 wide going, shake it up a bit sometimes.

While I have to admit I would like to see a few more TD's scored this year, maybe get LT the record, I dont think the system is the problem. I would more like to see better execution on the field. Play calling is directly impacted by execution. As far as getting rid of cam, well.. I think we wait and see. If we win.. we will like him, if we don't.. well.. the new staff will have a couple of first round picks to fix what went wrong.

thismustbejon
09-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by: RideTheLightning
Cam has no imagination. None.

Ahh, I can't wait until we return to the glorious year of 2003 and the good 'ol run run pass punt offense.

BTW, thismustbejon,

Worst. Avatar. EVAR.

Ryan Is The MAN, who else had a arm that can bomb one 50 yards falling back in the middle of getting sacked...lol my man ryan with his million dollor arm and his ten cent head

truColorCharger
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM
OK face it, all last season and this upcoming season we are going to see the same thing. The chargers are predictable. 1st down run, second down run, third down pass. Why dont the chargers switch it up a little bit. Different formations, get a 5 wide going, shake it up a bit sometimes. And doesnt it make you angry when when the chargers have a minite to score and just run the ball and let the clock tick til the half ends. . WHat are your thoughts? ----- GO CHARERS!
I just dug this up from a way long time ago. It's hard to believe people not liking Cam Camerons play calling. lol. weird.

FanSince1979
12-29-2005, 04:14 PM
The play calling has Marty's signature all over it. You guys really don't know how Cam would call the offense under a different Head Coach. Marty's MO follows him from team to team, which is the same run, run, pass equation.

You have seen dynamic play calling in many games. Do you think Marty comes up with that stuff? I don't. Then you have seen the one-dimensional games: The Wild Card playoff game against the Jets, and the first two games of the season. I think Marty was trying to redeem the validity of his dusty 100 year old playbook in games 1 and 2. How did that work out?

It is Marty not Cam that needs to go. Besides Cam will probably get a Head Coaching job.

Totally Bolted
12-29-2005, 04:18 PM
I was wondering what the dickens was going on with this thread. Then I noticed the dates. I was thinking OK here's another negative thread.
One wonders if we will have Cam next year. He could get the offer he wants somewhere else to Head coach. There will difinetely be a few vacancies after Sunday.

crazyman33
12-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Actually later in the season its been pass, pass, pass a lot of the time.

FanSince1979
12-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Actually later in the season its been pass, pass, pass a lot of the time.
True. Marty sticks with a game plan, no matter if it is working or not. IMO