PDA

View Full Version : Igor Olshanksky

urlacher54
09-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Igor is a huge, strong guy. I didnt really notice that until i saw him play with the ducks last year. Oh yea, not to mention my NFL 2k5 game, he has 99 str lol. But I think this guy will be a great impact for the chargers, specially when he gets his tech right. What do you guys think of him?

Hoss
09-07-2004, 12:38 AM
star in the making

hegor
09-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Igor smash Gannon!!!!!

TrumpetDude
09-07-2004, 12:59 AM
A young Louie Kelcher - but meaner !!!! i/expressions/devil.gif

shocku
09-07-2004, 02:16 AM
My little brothers best friend is Adam Snyder.Played football in H.S.

shocku
09-07-2004, 02:20 AM
sorry got cut off from my last message!Anyway Adam Snyder is the Starting Offinsive line captn. for Oreagon.He's my little bro's best friend and Adam says this guy is Amazing!! said that no one realy know what we got in Igor.

BlueandGold
09-07-2004, 02:31 AM
Lacking in technique - and technique ONLY. Once this kid gets up to speed, he will be a fearsome force on the defensive line.

Rip
09-07-2004, 03:13 AM
He is the future of our defense!

FriarTom
09-07-2004, 03:14 AM
He's, like, kinda big and stuff.

kidtwist
09-07-2004, 07:02 AM
He will start. He's still young football wise, and his technique is not as good as it should be, but as he gains experience, he'll be a great player expecially against the run. As we saw last year, if you can't stop the run, nothing else works. He's a huge (pardon the pun) step in the right direction.

DayOneBoltsFan
09-07-2004, 07:21 AM
All he needs to do is to get his technique down and i think we will have a Pro Bowl DE. Hopefully he can get the hang of the NFL game within this season.

leodabolt
09-07-2004, 08:30 AM
I noticed that he never stops. He got tackeled against the winers in pre. and got the RBs ankle while laying on the ground. He's getten-it. Just wait. I like that post...Igor kill gannon.

maverjoe
09-07-2004, 08:41 AM
he seems to have the all important ability to always be near the ball...his tackling could use a little work, but that is jsut an issue of technique. He has the physical skills and mindset to be around for a long time.

WrayLaw
09-07-2004, 08:46 AM
I love Igor's motor. No question, he has the requisite 'desire' to play in the NFL, and ALL of the physical tools, as well.

But it will take some time to put it all together. In college, he got away with simply being bigger and stronger than the guys across the line from him, but that's not the case for him now. There's no speedy way to become the 'technician' he needs to be, but I'm optimistic he'll get there.

Probably next year.

Tomlinson21
09-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Igor = the Russian Polar Bear! rrrrrrrooooooaaaaarrrr!

TBF
09-07-2004, 09:04 AM
I expect big things from IGOR in the coming years...

Prior to coming to the U.S., IGORS life probably sucked a bit...That country is pretty tough...The NFL is nothing to this guy...The hardships he has endured cannot be topped by the NFL. He is a walking success story and he hasn't played a down in the NFL...

IMO, we scored by drafting this guy...He should give our offensive front some lacking identity!

TBF

Chargeroo
09-07-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm a Ducks fan and I was hoping we'd land Igor. He never quits and he's extremely strong. All he lacks is experience and he'll be very good. But guess what? The Ducks have another one like him that may be even better - Haloti Ngata. So when you see the Ducks are going to be on the tube, take a look at him. Could be he'll be a Charger in another year. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

WrayLaw
09-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
I'm a Ducks fan and I was hoping we'd land Igor. He never quits and he's extremely strong. All he lacks is experience and he'll be very good. But guess what? The Ducks have another one like him that may be even better - Haloti Ngata. So when you see the Ducks are going to be on the tube, take a look at him. Could be he'll be a Charger in another year. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I'd sign on for that!

I project the Bolts as needing another DT, a DE, an OT a WR and a LB, which is not completely unreasonable to think they'll acquire in an ofseason of free agency and a draft.

Or more simply:

Pass Rush

Pass Protection

Pass Catching

SanDiegoRon
09-07-2004, 09:12 AM
we just need someone opposite him for this line to be really good... here's a vote for a DE in the 05 draft..

nice gig Roo!!!

FriarTom
09-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by: SanDiegoRon
we just need someone opposite him for this line to be really good... here's a vote for a DE in the 05 draft..

nice gig Roo!!!

By that time, Ball might be ready to step in on the other side.

SanDiegoRon
09-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by: FriarTom
By that time, Ball might be ready to step in on the other side.

why wait - play him NOW!!!

WyoBolt
09-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Igor make pain

deerak
09-07-2004, 11:40 AM
I live in Eugene and had the opportunity to watch this guy alot. You will happy. What he lacks in technique he will gain in the next few years. Good thing he can bench press a school bus. Every time he made a play at Autzen and they announced it over the intercom, the crowd would give a big IIIIIIIIIggooooooooorrr. It was awesome. I don't think that there was one person in the stands who wouldn't do it. I am just glad that he is on the Chargers now.

BlueNTrue
09-07-2004, 11:42 AM
This guy will be the "Monster of the Midway" for years to come.

Anybody seen where you can get his jersey? I have been looking for weeks.

SanLuisFan
09-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by: BlueNTrue
This guy will be the "Monster of the Midway" for years to come.

Anybody seen where you can get his jersey? I have been looking for weeks.

You can get one of the custom ones from the Charger's store. It's a little over $200, though.

SanLuisFan
09-07-2004, 11:52 AM
And I really dig Igor. The guy is a beast with a motor that never quits. Perfect for the DL and stuffing the run.

blackjack21
09-07-2004, 11:56 AM
I thought he did quite well in the last preseason game. Didn't see to much of him before that, but he looks to be improving. The guy will be a beast. Right now, he is just an animal. Dave Ball on the other side would make for a mean front three with Jamal, maybe by mid season that will be the lineup.

IronMountain1960
09-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Igor reminds me of Howie Long, and that is not a bad guy to be compared to. Ball is going to be a great pass rushing DE, better than Igor, who will be better against the run, so I don't think DE is that big of need next year. OT and WR are what we need, in fact two WR's in the first round, if our OL looks good this year.

sanluischargerfan
09-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: SanLuisFan
And I really dig Igor. The guy is a beast with a motor that never quits. Perfect for the DL and stuffing the run.

Hey, another San Luis Obispo fan!! I agree that Igor is going to be great at stopping the run . He will also free up the Line Backers to get to the QB.

SanLuisFan
09-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by: sanluischargerfan

Hey, another San Luis Obispo fan!! I agree that Igor is going to be great at stopping the run . He will also free up the Line Backers to get to the QB.

Hey, do you have a hook-up for watching any of the Charger's games in SLO-town? I had a source for DirectTV and Sunday Ticket last season, but that has dried up. Now I'm stuck with the local cable coverage of Bay Area teams i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

shocku
09-07-2004, 04:13 PM
totally agree Ironmountain,Igor will shut down the run along with williams and Ball with the help of a LB like foley or phillips on the opposite side will get to the QB. I also hope we get Adam synder for the OL next year, from oreagon as well.I know him!This guy is a monster!supposed to go first round next year.

rrogers
09-07-2004, 04:14 PM
I like the guy. I predict 8 1/2 sacks and a lot of forced fumbles (I know I would drop the ball if a guy like that hit me)

sanluischargerfan
09-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by: SanLuisFan

Hey, do you have a hook-up for watching any of the Charger's games in SLO-town? I had a source for DirectTV and Sunday Ticket last season, but that has dried up. Now I'm stuck with the local cable coverage of Bay Area teams i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

I go to the Grad . They have every game on and it is cool to hang with some other Charger fans. They also serve some good food. The down side is that you have to sit with all the ratTerd and other fans.
Have you heard of the grad?

SanLuisFan
09-07-2004, 04:41 PM
I go to the Grad . They have every game on and it is cool to hang with some other Charger fans. They also serve some good food. The down side is that you have to sit with all the ratTerd and other fans.
Have you heard of the grad?

Yeah, I've been there for a couple of times for lunch, but never on a Sunday. Does it get pretty packed there? Is it possible to hear the game? When I was there they had some baseball games on, but you couldn't hear any of them.

I'm trying to weigh The Grad vs. getting DirectTV and Sunday Ticket and watching with a couple of work buddies.

Even if I get DirectTV, I don't think that they will be able to hook it up by Sunday, so I guess The Grad is where I'll be for the game. Thanks for the info.

SDRaiderH8er
09-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Igor shall be a force to be dealt with

chargerfanjim619
09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
He finishes off people. I can't wait until he get's a hold of The Priest of Kansas City...to bad that punk Portis had to go hide in WAS.... WHACK>>>GOODNIGHT NOW!!!

leodabolt
09-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Defensive Front. Good post other than that.
Originally posted by: TBF
I expect big things from IGOR in the coming years...

Prior to coming to the U.S., IGORS life probably sucked a bit...That country is pretty tough...The NFL is nothing to this guy...The hardships he has endured cannot be topped by the NFL. He is a walking success story and he hasn't played a down in the NFL...

IMO, we scored by drafting this guy...He should give our offensive front some lacking identity!

TBF

sanluischargerfan
09-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I've been there for a couple of times for lunch, but never on a Sunday. Does it get pretty packed there? Is it possible to hear the game? When I was there they had some baseball games on, but you couldn't hear any of them.

I'm trying to weigh The Grad vs. getting DirectTV and Sunday Ticket and watching with a couple of work buddies.

Even if I get DirectTV, I don't think that they will be able to hook it up by Sunday, so I guess The Grad is where I'll be for the game. Thanks for the info.[/quote]

It is packed on most sundays. It is also hard to hear the game becuase they have all of them on and the crowd makes a lot of noise. Still it beats not see them play! You should check it out.

Igorsbabydoll
09-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Igor is an amazing player. Yes, lacking in technique, but he will gain that in the coming years. Not to mention he's really hot. Lol. I saw him on ESPN one time. I was like "WOW!" He's huge! So I started to follow his career and I watched the bowl the Ducks played in last year (can't remember name) and I watched him get an interception. From then I was hooked. When I found out he was in the draft, I watched and when they said he name, I screamed. I scared my mom. Lol. I really can't wait to watch him play more this season.

IgorUnchained
09-20-2004, 05:34 PM
I dont know, I guess he's ok...