PDA

View Full Version : I Miss Rodney

Reena
09-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Man I miss Rodney. Rodney and Junior made every game enjoyable, and Rodney had at least 1 hit per night that just made you go crazy. I'm glad he's doing well with the Pats and hes getting the recognition he deserves.

I miss seeing this:
Rodey at work (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chrisjarena/detail?.dir=80ac&.dnm=4e2f.jpg)

chargerfanjim619
09-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Yeah...We are some of the most enduring fans in the game. Just to think that Rodney wasn't even offered a contract... and won a super-bowl when he left I feel bad for Junior. Who woulda thought he was being dealt to a team that reallyn doesn't have a shot at the play-offs. Thanx to Rickey Williams. You know Marty Booker isn't what the Dr. ordered. Parella got to the Super Bowl with the Raiders. Carney almost got to the play-ffs with NO..or did they get there? I forget. Either way...it's suckwed for us the last 9 years. CHEERS TO YOU ALL!

thismustbejon
09-07-2004, 07:37 PM
well even if it hurts me to say it i think AJ made the right choice, we have to move on and improve the team and cant let are emotions take over. This is a business and keeping veteans around is just halting the progress of the team (even if i thought harrison had some left in the tank).

rrogers
09-07-2004, 07:40 PM
We all miss them, if we had the defense back then now the picture would be much different.

foty89
09-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by: thismustbejon
well even if it hurts me to say it i think AJ made the right choice, we have to move on and improve the team and cant let are emotions take over. This is a business and keeping veteans around is just halting the progress of the team (even if i thought harrison had some left in the tank).

I tend to agree with you, even though it pains me to say it. I miss Rodney, but I miss Junior more. I wish the Dolphins could make a run, just for his sake. Oh well, spilt milk.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

chargerfanjim619
09-07-2004, 08:01 PM
AJ did neither. It was JB.

blackjack21
09-07-2004, 08:05 PM
Anyone know how Junior is doing?

Electron
09-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Rodney is the man. I miss him putting the fear into receivers as they passed through his zone. If your going to be a hero and catch a ball over the middle, Rod was there to test you, to see how badly you wanted to hold on to that ball. My avatar has a pic of Rodney in Oakland right after he hammered their TE trying to catch a ball in the flats. A couple plays later Rodney smacked Rice while he was going after a ball near the End zone. Unfortunately Rod got in trouble for smacking Rice on that play. I'm really happy that he got a ring.

hegor
09-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Ah Rodney was the man for us. I liked him better than Junior.

Any Charger who floored a Raider (especially twice) is a friend of mine. Rice might have retired had we re-signed Rodney.

thismustbejon
09-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by: chargerfanjim619
AJ did neither. It was JB.

AJ, bulter it was the same clan

mguilmey2
09-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Losing Rodney Harrison was the most stupid thing the chargers have ever done and was the saddest day as a charger fan ever.

SDBolt21
09-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Just to let yo uguys know, Madden 2005 has Rodney ranked 97 overall. And to think...not even offered a contract...what a shame...

SoFLPatsFan
09-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Don't take this as me throwing this in your face but, NE fans are so happy to have Rrodney Harrison..The man is just explosive..

chargerfanjim619
09-08-2004, 09:24 PM
bet his speeds around 82-85. lol. New Englanders should be proud to have Rodney....your welcome.

geekster
09-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Guess I've been avoiding this thread because it is a real sore point with me. Guys like Rodney and Junior only come around every so often and I still cannot believe they had to go. In my mind they were two of the (rare) players that gave the Chargers any form of defensive respectibility. It was inferred (more by the media than anybody in the know) that each of them had "lost a step" and all they have done since is continue to kick butt on anybody who got in their way. Have a look at Rodney's Super Bowl ring... Losing guys like John Parella, John Carney, Bobby "Boss" Ross - all of these made me angry and question the organization's committment to winning... but the HIT MAN and JUNIOR? This kind of krapolla got started when the Chargers let Fred Dean go to the 49ers back in the 80s and it just *HAD* to stop!

Finally - they signed LT to a well-deserved long-term contract and we now have PR locked up for a lot of years to come. Just possibly the organization has finally made the turn-around all of the old Charger fans have prayed for. Now if they will steady the course with the current coaching staff for this year and next we just "may" finally qualify as something other than the "long suffering Charger fans".

Just my opinion for what its worth... I am, have been, and will be a Charger fan.