PDA

View Full Version : Texans game

ojthecat
09-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Why do you all think that you will beat the Texans. The experts have made them a 4 1/2 point favorite. They are playing at home in the LOUDEST staduium in the NFL and they are going to crush your little chargers.

Texans Fans

spysnipedis
09-07-2004, 09:25 PM
your texans will get beat. im having confidence, and who carews if your stadium has the LOUDEST in the nfl, i think it's a piece of crap. SDiego i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Chargers are going to crush your little texans

SDRaiderH8er
09-07-2004, 09:29 PM
They take the crowd out early, and they have nothing to worry about, If they put 8 in the box to stop LT, well a lot of Teams have tried, but they have not benn able to do it yet, well Mr. Brees and his newly found passing game and Antonio Gates will just move this Team right down the field.

OH

have you met Igor yet?

WyoBolt
09-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by: ojthecat
Why do you all think that you will beat the Texans. The experts have made them a 4 1/2 point favorite. They are playing at home in the LOUDEST staduium in the NFL and they are going to crush your little chargers.

Texans Fans

Maybe the Texans should win some games before you start talking smack.

i/expressions/SDG_Helmet.gif

ojthecat
09-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Good Point WyoBolt, Lets see how many games did the chargers win in 2003.... Oh that's right 4.... one less than the Texans

Let's just break it down logically.

Coaching Advantage Texans (more like double advantage)
Pass Defense -------- Advantage Texans
Run Defense --------- Advantage Texants
Run/ Pass Blocking--- Push
Running --------------- Advantage Chargers (although with Dominick Davis smaller than you would think)
Passing ----------------Advantage Texans
Special Teams ------- Advantage Texans
Home Field Advantage -- TEXANS
Passing ---------- Advantage Texans

SDRaiderH8er
09-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Good Point WyoBolt, Lets see how many games did the chargers win in 2003.... Oh that's right 4.... one less than the Texans

Running --------------- Advantage Chargers (although with Dominick Davis smaller than you would think)

reading this,

I need this

http://www.tylenol.com/images/tylenol/products/adult/phboxpm.gif

mking
09-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Before you open your mouth you better be worried about LT and Michael Turner running down your throats and when you put eight in the box Eric Parker and Gates are gonna eat the Texans alive.

GdoubleE
09-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Well jabar Gafney nor Bradford worry me Jammer will have Johnson sewed up all day after all he he practiced for a year with the most physical receiver in the NFL last year a 250lb David BOston so Jammer will be all over your guy Johnson. Your safeties are gonnna get hurt first by Gates and then Tomlinson. Sharper cant cover either of them. Robinson is gonna get ripped on by a guy that is nearly 5 inches taller than Robinson and rookie corners arent studs. Watched the NFL Rookie Special and Robinson wasn't that sharp of a guy. What is your O line? Not a decent guy there. dont kid yourself about Wade the Dolphins didnt like him.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif DAve Ragone is an excellent QB not sure about that Carr fella though. I dont see what you see in your team cant see how the passing attack no i dont see how your offense is going to do much of anything. Through my investigative and impervious intellect, I have used an un-biased approach and now feel secure in saying that the Chargers will win BIG not just big but Texas BIG!!!!

It will be a great homecoming for "The Main Event" and Jammer

WyoBolt
09-07-2004, 10:23 PM

Yeah, notice I'm not talking trash about the Texans, am I?

GdoubleE
09-07-2004, 10:37 PM
I'll talk trash about them I aint scared. lmao Now that I got the gansta out of my system LT is going to rip you apart quarter by quarter and then when he has 310 yds combined the Burner will finish ya off

RideTheLightning
09-07-2004, 10:51 PM
2003 Season Records:

San Diego Chargers - 4-12
Houston Rednexans - 5-11

Oh yeah, you guys are WAY better than us.

Win some games before you start in with all yo jibber jabber foool!
http://artsandscience.concordia.ca/facstaff/s-u/tee/Mr-T.jpg

GoldPlatedNails
09-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Texans ranked last in the AFC in Defense in 2003. The Texans ranked last in the AFC in Offense in 2003. That is 16 out of 16 dead last in both catagories.

Sure Vegas has them a 4 pt favorite, guess what, if the game is in San Diego the Chargers would be a 2 pt favorite. The game is statistically close and on paper it should be a good one. But for a Texan fan to come into our forum and act like they are some powerhouse and the Chargers have no shot of winning is laughable. The Texans are not the Colts or Titans, don't kid yourself "ojthecat".

As for the loudest stadium, guess it wasn't too loud for a 3-5 home record in 2003 and 2-6 in 2002.

Lets also not forget the last time these 2 met in the regular season Chargers 24 Texans 3

Read about it here----> http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx2002.htm

hegor
09-07-2004, 11:59 PM
This will be the coming out party for the Chargers to be a respectable team in the NFL.

Reliant Stadium the loudest in the league? I thought that cheering measured more db's boos and jeers.

boltfan4sho
09-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Take it from a guy in vegas. A lot of people are taking the 4.5 point spread as a gimme for the bolts. probably 7 out of 10 people are puttin the bolts on their parlay's. I'm just happy to have the bolts come outta the gates 1-0. Peace!

blackjack21
09-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Tomlinson. . . over 200 yards. Chargers win.

TexansSam
09-08-2004, 06:46 AM
Hey Chargers fans, I hope that we all can watch a great game from both teams. I hope it's a safe one for everyone and no injuries. I have to wait and see how my team plays before I can make any predictions. On paper we look really good, now I hope the paper is right. I hope you guys win the west, I'm sick of the Chiefs and Broncos.

Boltdiehard
09-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by: TexansSam
Hey Chargers fans, I hope that we all can watch a great game from both teams. I hope it's a safe one for everyone and no injuries. I have to wait and see how my team plays before I can make any predictions. On paper we look really good, now I hope the paper is right. I hope you guys win the west, I'm sick of the Chiefs and Broncos.

Welcome to the board Sam. I watch a lot of Texans games as I have Directv Sunday Ticket. The Texans were in a lot of close games last year against some very good teams so this Chargers fan isn't taking them lightly. But, you guys HAVE to start protecting your franchise QB or that kid is going to take one too many to the dome. You guys have solid management that has a vision for the future. And, I hope you guys load the box and play man on the outsides on sunday; we may not have Johnson but we have a fearless wideout named Parker that can and will beat man coverage.

BDH

WVBOLTFAN
09-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by: GoldPlatedNails
Texans ranked last in the AFC in Defense in 2003. The Texans ranked last in the AFC in Offense in 2003. That is 16 out of 16 dead last in both catagories.

Sure Vegas has them a 4 pt favorite, guess what, if the game is in San Diego the Chargers would be a 2 pt favorite. The game is statistically close and on paper it should be a good one. But for a Texan fan to come into our forum and act like they are some powerhouse and the Chargers have no shot of winning is laughable. The Texans are not the Colts or Titans, don't kid yourself "ojthecat".

As for the loudest stadium, guess it wasn't too loud for a 3-5 home record in 2003 and 2-6 in 2002.

Lets also not forget the last time these 2 met in the regular season Chargers 24 Texans 3

Read about it here----> http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx2002.htm
(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx2002.htm
">"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href=)
</a>Yea that's what gets me..............how the Texan fans spout off about how good they are and when they only won 1 game more than us last year.Their offense and defense were at the bottom of the NFL rankings last season,but they claim to be so much better now.Sure the Texans can beat us even though you won't,but don't act like you guys are a championship caliber team when you are not.

SDRaiderH8er
09-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by: WVBOLTFAN

Read about it here----> <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx2002.htm
">"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx2002.htm
"><B"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx2002.htm
<B">http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx2002.htm
</a>
</a>

</a>Yea that's what gets me..............how the Texan fans spout off about how good they are and when they only won 1 game more than us last year.Their offense and defense were at the bottom of the NFL rankings last season,but they claim to be so much better now.Sure the Texans can beat us,but don't act like you guys are a championship caliber team when you are not.BUT.........

They have never lost on Opening Day i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

So now they think they own everyone, it must be one of those Texas things

Triknique
09-08-2004, 10:00 AM
[quote]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What!!! You're saying LT has a small advantage for Dominick Davis. Okay, you've definitely strengthened your take now!

Texans
09-08-2004, 10:01 AM
i love it, opening day 5 days away! talking smack on the other teams board, it's football season!

MMJ4mil
09-08-2004, 10:15 AM
God Bless America, and Football!

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by: MMJ4mil

And the ability of Igor to decapitate Carr. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

NATEKAEDINGISTHEMAN
09-08-2004, 10:48 AM
ONE REASON NATE KAEDING WINS IT WITH A 40 YARDER!!!

SDRaiderH8er
09-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude

And the ability of Igor to decapitate Carr. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
SSSSHHHHHH he is our secret weapon, they are still worried about looking good, and trying to get everything all fussyed up .

blackjack21
09-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Ahhhh, it is so great. Can't wait for kickoff, and yelling at the TV screen.

SDRaiderH8er
09-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by: blackjack21

RAIDERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

blackjack21
09-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Haha, yes, even watching the Texans game, I will be yelling that the Raiders Suck!!!

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by: SDRaiderH8er

SSSSHHHHHH he is our secret weapon, they are still worried about looking good, and trying to get everything all fussyed up .

The fix is in - we have moles planted near the Gatorade and the muscle relaxants. Our moles are on "it"

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

ed
09-08-2004, 01:00 PM
the experts never predicted carolina to be in the superbowl last year and as far as your texans are concerned I hope your running back makes it through the game.(my prediction: Carr three picks)

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 01:02 PM

RAIDERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

RAIDERS SUCK!!!!!!!!![/quote]

We can not ever say this phrase too much !!!

RAIDERS SUCK!!!!!!!!![/quote]

blackjack21
09-08-2004, 01:10 PM
RAIDERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Yup, your right.

SanLuisFan
09-08-2004, 01:14 PM

No, no, one of the LBs will decapitate Carr. Igor will decapitate Davis i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

SanLuisFan
09-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Oh yeah, and RAIDERS SUCK!

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by: SanLuisFan

No, no, one of the LBs will decapitate Carr. Igor will decapitate Davis i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Cool - it will be a decapitation marathon - oh and

THE RAIDERS SUCK

Keyfro
09-08-2004, 01:28 PM
ok..well i'm a texan fan...native houstonian...and i'll tell you how the game is going to go...it starts with the lines...and it's real simple...you are starting two rookies...nick hardwick and shane olivea...center and right tackle respectably....hardwick will be going against seth payne and olivea will be going against gary walker and jason babin...nuff said...our o-line is solid...we have no weak spots on the o-line barring no injury...we will control the line battle and we will win the game up front...brees is not good enough to beat our team...LT is but he still has to have a line to block for him...now ya'll can run to the the left side...but if that's all you can do we can easily plan against that

xnet
09-08-2004, 01:32 PM
I think stomping the Texans down yet again and spoiling their first game winning streak will be the beginnings of a beautiful interdivisional rivalry. Thanks for stoppping by.

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Haha, yes, even watching the Texans game, I will be yelling that the Raiders Suck!!!

Hey, I will be in Reliant flying in from San Diego and I will shout out "Raiders Suck" in Reliant for all Chargers fans. I will represent and not let the Chargers Nation down !!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

BlueandGoldRush
09-08-2004, 01:45 PM
it's real simple...you are starting two rookies...we will control the line battle and we will win the game up front...now ya'll can run to the the left side...but if that's all you can do we can easily plan against that
It's much easier to game plan around rookies on the o-line than it is to plan around a rookie starting at cornerback. Us Chargers fans have basically watched this for the past two years (Jammer then Davis), and now you Texans fans will. LT will pull your safeties in, and then Robinson is gonna get torched over and over again. Enjoy.

dgjock
09-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by: BlueandGoldCrush
, and then Robinson is gonna get torched over and over again. Enjoy.

I'm dreaming he will be torched by a pass from Brees to Parker for 40 yds and go all the way i/expressions/devil.gif

Dan40
09-08-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm looking foward to Igor stuffing Davis for a 2 yard loss on Houston's first play of the game.

And 140 yards rushing from LT.

Bolts 27-24.

ojthecat
09-08-2004, 03:33 PM
You guys keep forgetting the biggest advantage of them all.

The Chargers have Marty and the Texans don't.

Admit it you all know untill the day that Marty is fired your team will be second rate attempting to play 1950's football in the 21st century.

Here is the final score

Texans 34 Chargers 10

GoldPlatedNails
09-08-2004, 03:34 PM
It's easy to say a team is going to stack the line and stop LT. It's a whole nother thing to actually be able to do it.

GoldPlatedNails
09-08-2004, 03:36 PM
As opposed to Dom Capers?!? What's he done cept get fired for running the Panthers into the ground. And don't say he won a playoff game once, even Marty's done that.

Texans
09-08-2004, 03:59 PM
As opposed to Dom Capers?!? What's he done cept get fired for running the Panthers into the ground. And don't say he won a playoff game once, even Marty's done that.

FYI, Capers didn't run the Panthers into the ground, that would be management's fault. They choose to load up with aging veterans in a "win now" mentality upon inception.

the Texans learned from the Panthers, Jags, and Browns' mistakes. They are doing it right, having a solid 5-year plan in place. The fact that some critics have picked the Texans as a darkhorse wildcard team in year-3 only goes to show that Charlie Casserly is a genious with his plan to start a lot of rookies and build the team slowly.

anger management
09-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by: Texans
The fact that some critics have picked the Texans as a darkhorse wildcard team in year-3 only goes to show that Charlie Casserly is a genious with his plan to start a lot of rookies and build the team slowly.
Those same critics picked us to be the darkhorse wildcard team last year. They also predicted the Bengals to win maybe 1 or 2 games last year.

hmmm....

I guess they can be wrong in their mighty "prognostications."

GrbgCllctr
09-08-2004, 06:46 PM

Texans Fans

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ignore butt wipes like this, he is probably really a raider fan or something...... There are a lot of em' out there, and those stats that u spewed off, they are from last year, every year is a new year.......
This year we have a drive to win, and we have a much better offense and Defense then the sport people would like U to think, they just look at our losing seasons from the past.
Look at the Panthers, in 2001 they went 1-15, then 2002, went 7-9, and in 2003, went all the way....

Nough' Said..... i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Emob on Starwars Galaxies, Bria Server....
14 Year Old Charger Fan
Yeah, U heard me.......... 14....... deal with it......

geekster
09-08-2004, 06:59 PM
You guys keep forgetting the biggest advantage of them all.
The Chargers have Marty and the Texans don't.
Admit it you all know untill the day that Marty is fired your team will be second rate attempting to play 1950's football in the 21st century.
Here is the final score
Texans 34 Chargers 10

Ya just gotta quit sniffing that stuff kid - it will destroy your brain (if it hasn't already done so). Stay away from those silver and black spray cans in particular.

SDRaiderH8er
09-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by: Texans The fact that some critics have picked the Texans as a darkhorse wildcard team in year-3 only goes to show that Charlie Casserly is a genious with his plan to start a lot of rookies and build the team slowly.
Are these the same Critics that had the Raiders favored to win The Super Bowl, or is this a whole new group

xnet
09-08-2004, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by: Texans The fact that some critics have picked the Texans as a darkhorse wildcard team in year-3 only goes to show that Charlie Casserly is a genious with his plan to start a lot of rookies and build the team slowly.

Are these the same Critics that had the Raiders favored to win The Super Bowl, or is this a whole new group

SDR-

Yeap, freshly graduated from kindergarten no less... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

dgjock
09-08-2004, 09:20 PM
How many sacks we will have?
I predict at least 3.
1 by Ball, 1 Phillips and 1 Jamal

Eat dirt Carr!

SDRaiderH8er
09-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by: XnetZERO

SDR-

Yeap, freshly graduated from kindergarten no less... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Living in a State thats hot, must be miserable, the heat has taken its toll on this poor soul.

DDFBOLTS
09-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Tomlinson. . . over 200 yards. Chargers win.

Agreed!!!

Shamrock
09-08-2004, 10:40 PM

Hey, I will be in Reliant flying in from San Diego and I will shout out "Raiders Suck" in Reliant for all Chargers fans. I will represent and not let the Chargers Nation down !!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Sandolf, ftwbolt and I will be there watching Trumpie shout "Raiders Suck" while he is fetching us drinks.

If y'all want to bash the Texans, here's their website (since they are trolling over here) ....

Texans Heifer Pen (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by: Shamrock

You have to get over the thonged cabana boys first

Sandolf, ftwbolt and I will be there watching Trumpie shout "Raiders Suck" while he is fetching us drinks.

If y'all want to bash the Texans, here's their website (since they are trolling over here) ....

Texans Heifer Pen (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)

i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

TrumpetDude
09-08-2004, 11:10 PM
And it is going to take a Texan to kick a Texans arse (Brees-Tomlinson-Jammer-Welker-The Burner-Fonoti was last seen eating Houston alive)

Dan40
09-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Man, does Texan Fan really believe it will be 33-0 in their favor?

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=2448&page=1&pp=20

geekster
09-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Sheesh! Somebody taught one of them how to boil jimson weed tea and now they are ALL imagining things!

Seriously, I have to admit that its good to see the Houston fans have somebody to root for again. I felt awful for them when the Oilers took off for Tennessee, (I felt worse for the players on that team).

I remember things were so bad there that Bobby Ross refused to play a pre-season game for fear one of his players would get hurt on that worn out surface over cheap plyboard.

Now they have a new stadium - a new team - and something to be proud of. More power to them - - - except for this weekend. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

TexansSam
09-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Smack time is awesome....we will have the roof closed. no Bolts inside or out. The Bolts players will be looking up at the roof while the score keeps changing. in the Texans favor. Watch out for a WR named Armstrong...he will be leaping like the other Armstrong did on the moon. Giant leaps for the Texans....Ohhhhhhhh the humanity....The Chargers are burned up by the Texans.

Pointblank
09-09-2004, 11:44 AM
I agree. That guy is off his rocker. Don't get me wrong. I still think the Texans have got this one but more to the likeing of 17-10 Texans

Boltdiehard
09-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Yet you come in here and rip all of us for exactly the same thing when it's only a few posters.

You're a joke.

Pointblank
09-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Whats going on in your life right now to make you so angry? Well i guess thats obvious...sorry i asked. haha

Boltdiehard
09-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by: Pointblank
Whats going on in your life right now to make you so angry? Well i guess thats obvious...sorry i asked. haha

OMG that was weak........I just hope you have the juevos to come back if you get beat by the "lowly" Chargers. Somehow I doubt it although I think the other Texans fans here will show up.

Pray that Carr doesn't kiss the sky too much this weekend. You guys had better do a better job of protecting that kid or he will be another Aikman without the rings.

BDH

Pointblank
09-09-2004, 12:39 PM
haha...your a funny guy diehard. Your going to make me laugh even more after the game. And it won't matter how clever your quips are charger boy.....the score dont lie. see ya later kid

shocku
09-09-2004, 05:17 PM

LMAO!!!! Show us some real stats! I can't belive you typed all that just to give your opinion in each category.....LOL The only thing you got out of this message was carpotunnel.

WVBOLTFAN
09-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by: BlueandGoldCrush

it's real simple...you are starting two rookies...we will control the line battle and we will win the game up front...now ya'll can run to the the left side...but if that's all you can do we can easily plan against that

It's much easier to game plan around rookies on the o-line than it is to plan around a rookie starting at cornerback. Us Chargers fans have basically watched this for the past two years (Jammer then Davis), and now you Texans fans will. LT will pull your safeties in, and then Robinson is gonna get torched over and over again. Enjoy.Robinson was not so great this preseason giving up big plays something like 5 catches for over 20 yards each.Ahh the life of a rookie CB in the NFL,we will have plenty of success against him on Sunday!! GO CHARGERS!! One more thing,how in the hell do you get a name like DUNTA? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

ojthecat
09-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Hey Charger fans I have a question for you. What do

Theismann
Salisbury
Hoge
Jaworski
Schlereth
Allen
Golic
And Dr. Z.

All have in common?

They all pick the Texans over your Chargers in Sundays game.

Can't wait for Sunday and how long will you guys keep supporting Marty?

Oj The Cat
Texans Fan

Texans
09-10-2004, 09:00 AM
[quote]
Robinson was not so great this preseason giving up big plays something like 5 catches for over 20 yards each.Ahh the life of a rookie CB in the NFL,we will have plenty of success against him on Sunday!! GO CHARGERS!! One more thing,how in the hell do you get a name like DUNTA? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Robinson showed flashes as to why he was the #10 pick, especially on K.Johnson. Of course he will make mistakes, that is how you learn.

Luckily we have Aaron Glenn, He will take the #1 WR

I saw someone point out the height difference between Robinson and some Charger WR, while I agree that is a matchup that SD should try to exploit, it really isn't that big of a deficit as A.Glenn is only 5'9", Darrell Green, who is considered one of the best cover man in NFL history, was only 5'9" as well. So a CB can be successful, even if he is shorter than most of the men he is covering

WVBOLTFAN
09-10-2004, 09:08 AM

[quote]
Robinson was not so great this preseason giving up big plays something like 5 catches for over 20 yards each.Ahh the life of a rookie CB in the NFL,we will have plenty of success against him on Sunday!! GO CHARGERS!! One more thing,how in the hell do you get a name like DUNTA? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Robinson showed flashes as to why he was the #10 pick, especially on K.Johnson. Of course he will make mistakes, that is how you learn.

I saw someone point out the height difference between Robinson and some Charger WR, while I agree that is a matchup that SD should try to exploit, it really isn't that big of a deficit as A.Glenn is only 5'9", Darrell Green, who is considered one of the best cover man in NFL history, was only 5'9" as well. So a CB can be successful, even if he is shorter than most of the men he is coveringYeah,but Green had blazing speed which Glenn does not.Like you said Green was one of the best of all time so you can't really compare the 2 because Glenn has a ways to go to get to Greens status.

Texans
09-10-2004, 09:12 AM
I didn't say that Glenn or Robinson are in Green's league, but Glenn is short and has been very successful ( 3 time Pro-Bowler)

Height differences are something both teams will try to exploit ( Andre Johnson is 6'3")

WVBOLTFAN
09-10-2004, 09:18 AM
I didn't say that Glenn or Robinson are in Green's league, but Glenn is short and has been very successful ( 3 time Pro-Bowler)

Height differences are something both teams will try to exploit ( Andre Johnson is 6'3")
I think if we try to cover Johnson with #22 Davis we will have trouble with that matchup.Glenn is a good CB,no disagreement here.We have Osgood who is 6'5" so we will try to take advantage like you said as well.

ojthecat
09-10-2004, 09:37 AM
"Who dat gonna stop L.T.?NO ONE!! "

Actually, That will be Gary Walker, Seth Payne, Robaire Smith.

Can't wait for Sunday .

Pointblank
09-10-2004, 10:13 AM
That will be a true test of if our front line is where it needs to be. LT is the best. But due to a lack of respect to the Chargers passing game the texans will be ready for just that. Not that always helps with a player like LT! haha

WVBOLTFAN
09-10-2004, 08:56 PM
"Who dat gonna stop L.T.?NO ONE!! "

Actually, That will be Gary Walker, Seth Payne, Robaire Smith.

Can't wait for Sunday .Have you woken up yet? Because you are obviously dreaming!!

WVBOLTFAN
09-10-2004, 09:01 PM

[quote]

I saw someone point out the height difference between Robinson and some Charger WR, while I agree that is a matchup that SD should try to exploit, it really isn't that big of a deficit as A.Glenn is only 5'9", Darrell Green, who is considered one of the best cover man in NFL history, was only 5'9" as well. So a CB can be successful, even if he is shorter than most of the men he is coveringI don't know how I missed it about Robinson showing flashes against Keyshon Johnson.That is no great feat by any means!K.J. is so slow my Grandmother could cover him!LOL Everyone would have to agree that K.J. is only great in hs own mind!!

IMW11029
09-10-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm a Texans fan that lives in Houston, but foremost a loyal Chargers and Rams fan. I will say this: stats are for losers, both teams play with heart, and this will be a good one, go Chargers!

geekster
09-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by: Pointblank
That will be a true test of if our front line is where it needs to be. LT is the best. But due to a lack of respect to the Chargers passing game the texans will be ready for just that. Not that always helps with a player like LT! haha

Ahem... I still think it is your OL that you should be most worried about. They should be tested fairly well by a Phillips coached defence. We'll see Sunday.

As I type this - 36 hours and 15 minutes to game time - but who is counting? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

geekster
09-10-2004, 10:46 PM
OBSERVATION:
Houston has opened their two previous seasons with upsets - since this time they are the "favorites" - stand by for that trend of opening day upsets to continue.

Critter
09-10-2004, 11:54 PM
If our defense can play a good game we have an excellent chance of winning.

If the D is just average, I fear we do not have any offensive weapons outside of LT to carry us to the victory.

Actually, that is how the entire year is going to unfold.

The D had better learn that 3-4 quickly. With a less than average D, it's going to be a long year.

xnet
09-11-2004, 12:35 AM
ESPN is reporting that Texans' starting fullback, Moran Norris, is 50-50 after aggrevating a shoulder injury. If he doesn't play, Jarrod Baxter, who missed all of last season with a foot injury will play.

Tim Dwight is expected to miss due to his hamstring injury. Not too big of a deal that we'll miss Dwight because it means that Osgood will get more reps. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Don't know much about Norris and comments from the peanut gallery, er Texan contingent?

xnet
09-12-2004, 02:55 PM

Theismann

Salisbury

Hoge

Jaworski

Schlereth

Allen

Golic

And Dr. Z.

All have in common?

Oj The Cat

Texans Fan

They're all wrong. Just like you... Now show up and eat some crow!

WHITELIGHTNING
09-12-2004, 02:58 PM
HEY Texans who won,where you at now.

IronMountain1960
09-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by: XnetZERO

Theismann
Salisbury
Hoge Jaworski
Schlereth
Allen
Golic
And Dr. Z.

All have in common?

Oj The Cat

Texans Fan

They're all wrong. Just like you... Now show up and eat some crow!

You forgot to add that their all dumb for not doing a little investigating, and believing the media crapola that Canepa and others have been spreading.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GdoubleE
09-12-2004, 03:24 PM
It was just the lowly Texans we beat today so while i'm thrilled I am not ecstatic. Glad we didnt turn the ball over which is THE key to Marty Ball. Marty Ball works as long as there are no turnovers. Defense is still weak on the outside but I like the aggression. 2 sacks and 2 ints. Good day! However it was just the Texans. Looks like they will have a tough time with Miami next week. HAHHAHAHAHAHHAH

Go Bolts!!!

WVBOLTFAN
09-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by: GdoubleE
It was just the lowly Texans we beat today so while i'm thrilled I am not ecstatic. Glad we didnt turn the ball over which is THE key to Marty Ball. Marty Ball works as long as there are no turnovers. Defense is still weak on the outside but I like the aggression. 2 sacks and 2 ints. Good day! However it was just the Texans. Looks like they will have a tough time with Miami next week. HAHHAHAHAHAHHAH

Go Bolts!!!Yea it was just the Texans.I had them circled as a sure win when the schedule came out even with the dismal predictions for our season. I know one thing I will take any win that we can get no matter who it is!!

GoldPlatedNails
09-12-2004, 05:24 PM
No sign of any of the Texan fans who were talking trash during the week. What a surprise.

WVBOLTFAN
09-12-2004, 06:12 PM
They might have gone to the game and haven't made it home yet.They had to make a stop at the store for plenty of tissue for all the crying they are doing right now!