PDA

View Full Version : Welker Video

mdpttu
09-09-2004, 08:38 AM
For those of you who haven't had a chance to see Welker in action, here is a highlight video of him while at Texas Tech. Scroll down and you will see the "Wes Welker Highlight Video". Sorry if this video has already been posted on this site. I'm new to this site and a new Charger fan thanks to the playmaker Welker.

http://wildraiders.com/videos.htm

foty89
09-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Hey thanks for posting the link, I being a UT poster as well have seen this. But there are those here who are not of UT origin and may not have seen this yet.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

mdpttu
09-09-2004, 08:42 AM
no prob. love viewing that video, and thought others would have the same appreciation for it.

rule12b
09-09-2004, 09:32 AM
I was a fan before, but wow, that kid really has vision and acceleration (plus a nice first move), glad we grabbed him.

mdpttu
09-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Awesome thing is, he only gets better with touches. I really hope Marty takes full advantage of what this kid can bring to the table. He is already a proven return man, he just needs the chance to make a few receptions and use those same moves to score some points that way.

denverboltfan
09-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Thanx for the video tip. I loved what Welker did during preseason and think he will break more than one for TD's this season if he stays healthy.

Rip
09-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Anyone have a video of when he returned that TD against the hawks? That was a beatiful runback

mdpttu
09-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Ive been looking for that one myself for quite sometime.

xnet
09-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Great video! Can't wait for Sunday.

SanLuisFan
09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
It's an awesome video. I love watching the kid run.

What about my avatar, what are you talking about? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Rip
09-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Only thing i dont like about Welker is his refusal to fair catch. Sure its exciting, but he needs to know when to fair catch and when to take off an run. Many fumbles are forced because of a KR's refusual to fair catch much liek th one against the hawks( or was it the 9ers?)

Bolt21
09-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Did anyone notice Sammy Davis totally whiff trying to tackle Welker? I guess that can be said of a lot of dudes in that video. There was another play where Sammy chased Wes down, saving the TD. I noticed T. Kiel too. They must be reliving some of the battles they had against each other on the practice field. Cool stuff.

mdpttu
09-09-2004, 06:58 PM
what number did Davis have in college?

SuperMatt
09-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by: Rip
Only thing i dont like about Welker is his refusal to fair catch. Sure its exciting, but he needs to know when to fair catch and when to take off an run. Many fumbles are forced because of a KR's refusual to fair catch much liek th one against the hawks( or was it the 9ers?)

I think the refusal to fair catch is a preseason only thing. It is fairly common to see a rookie on the bubble returning kicks not make any fair catch. You can't win people over by not returning a kick. In the meaningless preseason games, that's the kind of all or nothing attitude that can win you a spot, or win you a cut, depending on how you make it happen. Welker won a spot. I think he will fair catch during appropriate situations once the real games start.

mdpttu
09-10-2004, 06:48 AM
I agree that he will fair catch more during his NFL career than he did in college. I don't think it will be common place to see him do that. Honestly, I don't think I ever saw him fair catch while at Texas Tech. I've only seen him fumble twice, and one of those times was his freshman year against Texas. He has pretty good hands, even when he is getting nailed.

Bolt21
09-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by: mdpttu
what number did Davis have in college?

Davis was 22 at A&M also.

mdpttu
09-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info.

WARHAWKS
09-12-2004, 03:55 PM
what u think of him? Wes Welker. man hes good! hes like Dante Hall! but hes rookie so he will be danegrous returner than Dante Hall....

Critter
09-12-2004, 03:55 PM
He doesn't have the speed to be like Dante.

He does a good job of getting up field and getting as many yards as possible.

WARHAWKS
09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
dont worry critter. hes is rookie so it can take few years so he have speed even better than dante hall. i bet he will be best returner in NFL HISTROY AND BECOME hALL OF fAME.

sabrefdt
09-12-2004, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to make a comment about Wes calling fair catches. I go to Texas Tech, and i have seen Wes play for the last 4 years and he has not called a fair catch since his sophomore year. The guy is all heart and balls to the wall. He even was a walk-on here at Tech. So, don't expect him to be calling fair catches, even in the NFL. Even if he gets leveled and fumbles the ball because of it, the very next return he won't do anything different, it's just the type of player he is.